Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Know Your Genotype Before You Say I Do - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Know Your Genotype Before You Say I Do (341 Views)

Lady Cries Uncontrollably After Genotype Ended Her 3 Years Relationship(vid,pix) / If Your Genotype Is AA, Please Do Not Marry AA – Nigerian Man Warns, Gives Reaso / Should You Consider Genotype Before Saying YES? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Know Your Genotype Before You Say I Do by Okoliesamuel101(m): 10:39pm On Mar 31, 2019
Know Your Genotype Before You Say I Do

I know a couple that were married for 12 solid years but without any child to show for it. They went from one prayer house to another, drank all kinds of concoction and did a whole lot of stuff just to have even if it is just one child but all to no avail.

It was on their 13th year of marriage, that their union was blessed with a set of twins, all boys. Then,, with another bouncing baby boy making it a total of 3 children.

But as I am writing to you now, it's only one kid that is remaining from those three kids. What happened? It was discovered that they were Sicklers. The couple's genotype are incompatible. They were so in love that they forgot to check that all coasts were cleared before they forge ahead.

Now, I want to draw your attention to few lessons from this story..

1. The consequences of genotype incompatibility don't care to know how long you have been married. It doesn't show mercy once you enter its trap.

You can imagine how heartbroken this couple must have been to lose two kids. Children they looked for for 12 years. Imagine the money spent on hospital bill, sleepless nights and yet those kids couldn't make. Just imagine...

2. Ignorance is not an excuse
That you don't know what is called genotype or you don't what's your genotype status won't save you.

There's an adage that says, 'What you don't know won't kill you.' you That's one fat lie! Bro, it don kill you finish!

3. Love doesn't change genotype status
Sometime ago, a young man was telling me how in love he is with a particular girl but unfortunately their genotype wasn't compatible. He is AS and so is the girl. However, he told me that that won't stop him from getting married to the girl that, the girl mean the world to him.

I understood him. It's not easy to just let go of the love of your life like that. Well, I quickly reminded him what he was about to get into. He told me that he has faith that nothing won't happen. He also gave me instances of people he know that has the same issue he has and nothing happened. I didn't argue with him. People can be lucky. But I don't wanna base my marriage on such luck. Trial and error. I wished him well.

You see, love doesn't change genotype status, miracle does. I have said before that, before you fall in love make sure you know your genotype status to avoid stories that touch. No matter how you love someone, it won't change the genotype. The couple above were so in love that negate the importance of genotype, they faced it, sadly.

What's genotype?
According to dictionary definition, genotype is defined as all or part of the genetic constitution of an individual. It's the stuff your genetic is made up of. It's hereditary. That's, it's passed down to you from your parents. This is just a brief explanation.

There are about 4 types of GENOTYPE namely, AA, AS, SS and AC(I heard of this recently, don't know much about it. I guess it's very rare). Everyone of us has one those listed up there.

So, before you say I do to anyone, make sure your genotype and that of the person are compatible. This is important.

Now, about genotype compatibility. This is a summary of it.

Someone with AA genotype can marry across all genotypes( AA, AS, SS and AC). There won't be any problem.

Someone with AS genotype should marry only someone with AA. He shouldn't marry someone with AS, SS or AC. The chances of having a sickler is high.

Someone with SS can and should only marry someone with AA. It will save you from a lot. He should not marry AS, SS or AC.

Finally, someone with AC. Like I said this is a rare case. But someone with it should only marry AA to avoid stories.

When you marry someone that your genotype and his or her genotype is compatible...

✅ You save yourself from heartbreak that will result in from losing a child or children as the case maybe.

✅ You save yourself from sleepless nights and overwhelming stress.

✅ You save yourself from spending lots of your time and money at the hospital.

✅ You save an innocent child from coming into the world to suffer unjustly etc.

Save yourself from all these. Simply go to the hospital and verify your genotype status and blood group. It's important.

Let me conclude by saying that, if your genotype and that of the person you wanna marry aren't incompatible. Something can be done about it. It can be changed. I have seen it happen. I believe in miracles. So, pray for a miracle to happen BUT until a miracle happens, save yourself from the stress.

Thanks for reading
#ImpactfulLiving
© Okolie Samuel
Re: Know Your Genotype Before You Say I Do by mekuso89(m): 11:05pm On Mar 31, 2019
lemme go check mine

1 Like

Re: Know Your Genotype Before You Say I Do by Okoliesamuel101(m): 9:27am On Apr 01, 2019
That's good decision.. It's very important and also check your Rhesus Factor

(1) (Reply)

Jjhh / Young Woman Advices On Whether Or Not To Sleep With Your Sugar Daddy / Boyfriend / le Egba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.