Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,878 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria (8730 Views)

Who's Scared Of Going To Naija? / Why Are Some Nigerians Abroad Scared Of Going Back Home? / Thinking of Going Back to Nigeria For a Job Offer (after 10 years) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by choongtin(f): 9:23pm On May 01, 2007
cheers b its all kool
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by spade: 1:00pm On May 02, 2007
@Topic I,m Scared of Going to Nigeria

Reply: If you are scared of coming,then why not stay where you are. Nobody f***ing needs you!!
For all that is true, You are just an insignificant amoeba in the pacific Ocean.
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by omoge(f): 1:13pm On May 02, 2007
Choongtin,

Girl, don't feel sad about what is being said here okay. take the good advice to heart and the rest insult, disregard it.
Be happy and don't let keyboarding and harsh comment spoil your day. Cheer up. cheesy

choongtin:

Y all have made me feel so bad right now… am crying because u don’t know how it feels for you not to know your dad or have a relationship with him, it feels so bad because am the only one in my little world, I wish my Toby (my brother) was still alive…… thank yo sooo much for everything thank you

Spade, which one come be that now?
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by choongtin(f): 7:37pm On May 02, 2007
@ spade cheers
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by mrpataki(m): 7:57pm On May 02, 2007
@ Choongtin,
What a graceful lady you are. Cant imagine what you just wrote! wink
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by Rlst84sale(m): 2:11am On May 03, 2007
You will feel it the first 1 to 3 weeks, once you realize that you are to stay, just condition your mind. Don't compar orange with apple take everything with grace and don't catch typhoid. Good luck
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by choongtin(f): 7:56pm On May 03, 2007
lool cheers mate am scared still of all them diseases but i recokn i l l get use to it,

and at mr pataki what do u mean dnt really get you lol
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by RedLips3(f): 9:24pm On May 03, 2007
Never had typhoid myself.

just drink Bottle water only. even then make sure it's name brand. when I'm in Nigeria, I usually get a case of Cola's Eva water.

all this "Jesus Saves" water will just send you to your grave.
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by outlaws(m): 7:27am On May 04, 2007
cool
To:Fine Mocha:
You stated that you are in medical school. Interesting. Your writings and spellings looks
and sounds like some one in primary school. Do they only teach you all about health and nothing about good English grammar? I wonder what kind of school this is. Based on your postings, nothing in it sounds like some one in such high health institution. All fingers are not equal. I know.

Nairaland members can teach you how to write and spell if you ask.
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by outlaws(m): 7:33am On May 04, 2007
cool
To:Choongtin:

Going to Nigeria? People want to run away from there and you want to move there.
Make sure you have your gun with you. You will need it.
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by choongtin(f): 4:02pm On May 04, 2007
lool why do you want me to have a gun
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by DisGuy: 5:24pm On May 04, 2007
because if you fail to give the police man N20 there'll be a shoot-out cheesy

If you go to nigeria make sure you never answer the teachers back, dont argue with them, they are the masters you are just a student
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by choongtin(f): 7:40pm On May 04, 2007
thank you am getting excited its like am going for some adventure
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by zigbo(f): 9:05pm On May 04, 2007
some of you may ve to keep ur rather boring nd lousy contributions to urself.

@topic nigeria is way better than wateva u might ve heard, people always exaggerate things.I also think that the majourity of people living abroad want to come bak to naija nd chill for good.

so i wonder why some people are so/still excited that they are abroad undecided .i dont gettit
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:19am On May 05, 2007
Dis Guy:

If you go to nigeria make sure you never answer the teachers back, don't argue with them, they are the masters you are just a student

Dont worry, she will soon learn to kneel down, hands up ad close her eyes. grin
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by cuteass1(f): 12:42am On May 05, 2007
davidylan:

Dont worry, she will soon learn to kneel down, hands up ad close her eyes. grin

That just took me some good old years back . . the most popular one in my school was "sit on the air lol" the name of the purnishment alone was sooo funny!!

@ choongtin
dear i can assure you that all these sound scary, but belieeve me there're all stories you'll talk about in future and have a good down-to-tommy laugh. Believe me its an experience of a lifetime. And yes think of it as adventure, its one hell of a ride, a lovely one i mean wink cheesy

Like i told you earlier, only you can make it worth-while . .
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by finemocha(f): 12:54am On May 05, 2007
outlaw

lol havent u heard, american doctors have the worst grammar and penmanship.  hmm i guess i should be more aware of my grammatical errors.  personally i could care less.  I'm not writing an essay so biko leave me alone.
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by outlaws(m): 6:16am On May 05, 2007
cool
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by choongtin(f): 1:14pm On May 05, 2007
loool cheers, i would be arrving at lagos in about 2 weeks for some stange reason am so excited, but still does anyone know the latest fashion like the dressing trend in nigeria cuz i dnt want to go lookin' so diffrent wat do u think innit holla bk
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 05, 2007
choongtin:

loool cheers, i would be arrving at lagos in about 2 weeks for some stange reason am so excited, but still does anyone know the latest fashion like the dressing trend in nigeria because i dnt want to go lookin' so diffrent what do u think innit holla bk

good to see u're excited about going to Nigeria. there is no particular dress code to adhere to, whatever u are used to in the UK is fine dont be surprised to find people even better dressed than you.
Nigeria isnt a fantastic place to be when you compare it to the western countries but its sure the most exciting place to be.
In school you will have to wear uniforms and if you do end up in a boarding school say goodbye to your best clothes until holiday time.
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by choongtin(f): 3:25pm On May 05, 2007
oh skeen
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by ne4real(f): 1:59pm On May 14, 2007
just comeback first and c 4 urself and accept it the way it is. it's ur fathersland. one day immigration might deport u 4rm uk and tell u ur time don expire there.
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by ghettochyk(f): 1:56am On May 20, 2007
"BY CHOONGTIN"
well well well my parents want me to go to nigeria because apparently am "rude" and i dnt know my roots,  well am excited but the thing is am scared that i might die or something because have heard lots of storeis about nigeria and how they kidnap people kill them and mosqitoes and insects and gosh hate insects also things like the teachers are really horrible and ignorant, also the fact that there is poor eletricity,  i dnt know if i am going to like it or not all i need now is the truth about nigeria,  i was there once but that was when i was little i can't remember anything,  am scared because am staying,  for a long time,  God knows how long,  has anyone been in my situation before or tell me what nigera really is like,  i do know a lot about nigeirians but not nigeria

girl!! don't go!!! you'll be used as a sacrificial gift to the gods, but before that, they'll take you to a native doctor and have him put a curse on you that will make you attractive to mosquitoes, after that, THEN  they'll sacrifice you. but BEFORE that, they'll cook you, oh, no they won't, they'll just sacrifice you and put your head on top of the shrine for remembrance.
**~~~~SO I'VE HEARD~~**
I HOPE I DIDN'T SCARE YOU IN ANYWAY. oh yeah, and enjoy your trip  smiley smiley
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by NymphoQin(f): 1:58am On May 20, 2007
choongtin
are you kidding? never been to Nigeria shocked. anyways you will not like it if you know nobody, *still confused as to why she has never gone home*
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by ghettochyk(f): 6:49pm On May 20, 2007
well, there's a first time for everything right? wink
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by choongtin(f): 6:10pm On May 22, 2007
well am going this summer holidays but dnt think i am going to be permantley based there
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by romeo(m): 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2008
Even me wey dey born for here still dey fear cheesy, But the amount of catchable fun is so immense that you can't do without naija
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by akinalabi(m): 12:01am On Jan 16, 2008
@ davidylan

Forget about the "little" girl. grin grin She ain't
worth the stress.

If what she mentioned is all that matters to her
about life, then she's got a problem.
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:22am On Jan 16, 2008
@poster grin grin grin Nigeria is not a place you should go my dear, i wouldnot even allow my driver to go there talkless of my Kids, God bless America wink
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 16, 2008
@ Jayon
You don start again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by romeo(m): 1:57pm On Jan 16, 2008
jayon:

@poster grin grin grin Nigeria is not a place you should go my dear, i wouldnot even allow my driver to go there talkless of my Kids, God bless America wink

LoL jayon is back
Re: I'm Scared Of Going To Nigeria by Blackcat(f): 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2008
Do not believe everything you see or hear on the international media stations (CNN,BBC,Sky e.t.c) about Nigeria. Nigeria is more developed and safe to live in that a lot of European and American countries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Town In Norway Has No Sun For 5months, Spent ₦207Million On Artificial Sun(Pics) / Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks / Arik Air Resumes Warri Flight Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.