Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread (48127 Views)

Bobrisky Blasts Nkechi Blessing Sunday Over Tattoo Saga (pictures) / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Tattoo, Dreadlock Claims / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Shows Off Her Backside In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by mukthar2000(m): 2:52am On Apr 04, 2019
Jolade how I see the policeman face, don't u think the guy is senseless niiiiii
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by mukthar2000(m): 2:52am On Apr 04, 2019
mukthar2000:
Jolade how I see the policeman face, don't u think the guy is senseless niiiiii

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by johnkey: 3:07am On Apr 04, 2019
cana882:
Omotola should shut up and stop embarrassing herself. How would you juxtapose suit and dred or tattoo?
Celebrity status does not imply loss of morals.

Ingredient upon ingredient
No air! what has one's choice of appearance got to do with morals? it's 2019 man I can rock dreads and tats and still be the coolest guy in the area. it's in the heart bro.
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by IbukunSangotola(m): 3:34am On Apr 04, 2019
Hintona:
Is SARS part of our culture?
Yahoo and Olosho part of our culture??
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by InvertedHammer: 3:35am On Apr 04, 2019
DeOTR:

You've probably not seen someone who has natural dreadlocks.
My mother has a tattoo.
Profiling criminals based on looks is a lazy way. Most criminals neither have dreads nor tattoos
/
Everyone and everybody know the tattoos they are referring to but chose to play ignorant. Crosses, scorpion, knives, guns, etc are not the kind of tattoos one will expect from a productive member of the society. It doesn't help that they are so hideously done that you want to gouge their eyes.

Go to Port Harcourt, you will understand. The average Fulani woman or grandma in the village will not be arrested. But those loafers (forming fine boys) in the city while planning their evil activities (Yahoo plus, robbery, cultism, etc) need to be checked.
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by Dedetwo(m): 3:47am On Apr 04, 2019
joshchisimdi:
Omotola Jalade has slammed Lagos Police Spokesperson, Bala Elkana who in an interview with BBC Pidgin claimed tattoo and dreadlock is new to Nigerian culture and also why the police arrest youths sporting it. 

Recall we reported that Bala Elkana who alleged that police authorities have noted a connection between cultism and people that sport dreadlocks and draw tattoos on their bodies, condemned the killing of Kolade Johnson whose death has led to viral social media campaigns. The Lagos Police spokesperson who alleged that tattoo and dreadlock is strange to our culture, further disclosed that most of the cultists that have been arrested wear dreadlocks or have tattoos on them.

However Omotola Jalade who slammed the Lagos Police Spokesperson over the claims made, stated that he needs mental evaluation, retrained and re-educated. She wrote; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/03/omotola-jalade-slams-lagos-police-spokesperson-says-he-needs-mental-evaluation/

One of the ill-informed fools in Nigeria who parade themselves as celebrities. If Nigerian police has drawn an uninformed conclusion about tattoo and dreadlock converging with cult and crime, the outfit has every reasonable pedigree to pursue the eradication. The imbecilic acts of counterculture have no place in Nigerian society.

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by StevenOba: 4:17am On Apr 04, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/.
From the dreaded Yakuza in Japan, Triad in China, Cosa Nostra in Italy, Crips and Blood of Los Angeles, Mexican MS-13 and other notable criminal organizations in the world, tattoos feature prominently in their identification.

Police works involve profiling criminals. They are not magicians. The word is out that the police is out for those with tattoos and dreads. You can be smart and dress responsibly or listen to wailers online and end up 6ft under. You may not be a criminal but you have chosen to dress and appear as one. Like they say, impression matters. The only thing we can do for you then is tweet #EndSARS for about three days and life goes on. The choice is yours.

/

Dude common, these gangs has similar tattoos what the police do is whenever a gang related arrest is made, they look out for these similar tattoos on a database this is based on years of profiling.

When you see a Yahuza gang member you would know, same as the MS13 gangs because they have on signature tattoos. So they don't just pick you off the streets because you have tattoos, proper investigations would be on going or concluded then these database of profiled tattoos would be used to identify a gang member.

In Nigeria what the NPF is simply saying is they don't have time for all that oyinbo investigation or profiling, if you have on tattoos or dreadlock then you are guilty period no investigation no nothing you can be harassed , tortured or locked up. Arresting someone simply because they have tattoos or dreadlocks is just a lazy way of policing and that is why we have tons of innocent ones behind bars. Because in Nigeria as long as the arresting officer says you are guilty then so be it.
When we start allowing the police to tell us how to wear our hair or what to do with our skin then we are slowing shedding off every right we have as human to live the way we choose to (as long as it's not harming anyone) they might even start arresting us for listening to rap music or just about anything ( they already arrest for anything in Nigeria now). Forget all that "it's not our culture crap" we are practicing tons of vices that was never our culture... It's a globalized world out there .

The argument here is not wether it's good or not, or wether the holy book says it's a sin or not, the argument is should simply having a tattoo or dreadlock automatically classify you as a criminal? And the answer is NO!!

2 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by Colelee: 4:29am On Apr 04, 2019
anochuko01:
as much as you dont judge a book by its cover, a spoilt orange is first recognized by the spot on its body
this one touch me
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by Subonbon(m): 4:42am On Apr 04, 2019
Na them go flog tire part of our culture? Awon useless people ... Americana abi wetin be your name anytime journalist meet you ask you about anything, and you dont know what to say... Pls shut the Bleep up!
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by smd837(m): 5:28am On Apr 04, 2019
No be lie, any 1 wth dreadlok and tattoo must not free frm all dese sorts of nonsense called cultism, God will put an end to strange character that destroys future of youths sha
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by Sarang(f): 5:51am On Apr 04, 2019
cana882:
Omotola should shut up and stop embarrassing herself. How would you juxtapose suit and dred or tattoo?

But you can justify fucking mama Nkechi’s daughter without bride price abi..nwokem shut up!
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by Jubiliee: 5:57am On Apr 04, 2019
The police are right on this , No responsible man wears dreadlocks or tattoos on his body . Tell me one
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by kingjrofficial(m): 6:00am On Apr 04, 2019

If pple Wearing Dreads and drawing tattoos should be arrested coz its not our culture...
Why Didn't They arrest women who wears weave and paint their faces
Or to be more precise, why didn't they arrest Bobbrisky?? Or has cross dressing becomes our culture

NPF n Illiteracy... Are like 5&6 sad
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by alextayo(m): 6:03am On Apr 04, 2019
OmoManU:
Madam siddon jor what there police are doing is not good is wrong but that does not mean you people should hide under the guise a fighting police and be promoting what is not or something that is alien to our culture. No responsible human being put on a tattoo we saw birdman earlier in the day today saying he regretted having tattoo on his face

So birdman in far away land is now the deciding factor for over 150 million Nigerians on the legality or illegality of dread and tattoos?
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by BLESSMME: 6:03am On Apr 04, 2019
koresh:
Q. You are nothing but a fool from shithole country called Nigeria.....go and join Charly boy cos your mumu never do

Whenever you read, read with understanding and don't go on frustration display spree. I have close ppl on dreadlocks and tatoo. No where in my write up did I say they are right. She actually spoke bcoz she is protecting her son. You can cry on. show me evidences of her speaking up against any oda random maltreatment from all dese SARS guys.
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by BLESSMME: 6:07am On Apr 04, 2019
inze:

SMH,

In this part of the world, things like this affects everyone either directly or indirectly and if we all think she speaks because of her Son then we really do need that Evaluation

I have close people with dreadlocks and tatoo. Never in my write up did I say they are right. She actually spoke because she is protecting her son. You can cry on....show me evidences of her speaking up against any oda random maltreatment from all dese SARS guys.
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by BLESSMME: 6:09am On Apr 04, 2019
adisabarber:

So the police spokesman is right?

No, but she is speaking bcoz her son is involved
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by BLESSMME: 6:09am On Apr 04, 2019
[quote author=EbukaHades10 post=77240266] If so, she's smart [/qui

I never doubted that
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by dfrost: 6:35am On Apr 04, 2019
johnkey:
No air! what has one's choice of appearance got to do with morals? it's 2019 man I can rock dreads and tats and still be the coolest guy in the area. it's in the heart bro.

Bros, currently do you have the two? Tat and dreadlocks? Or any of the two?
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by kense88: 6:56am On Apr 04, 2019
columbus007:
What a way to really campaign, what has wearing of suit got to do with it,because all na for her son.
Most Nigerians are terrible human. This woman is obviously complaining now because of her son and the useless policeman is clearly insane. What a country

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by chuckjonesbaba(m): 7:27am On Apr 04, 2019
cana882:

Shut up and go sleep
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by ebilomaofficial1: 7:27am On Apr 04, 2019
But Omotola tell me that if a man burst in your office looking for employment with tottoos all over his body you will imagine giving him a chance
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 04, 2019
Fish brain! So tattoos and dreads automatically makes someone a cultists? I don't know how these guys get to such positions I mean who the heck joined us together for gods sake! I don't have tattoos or dreads, but I have friends who have them one who is an American and never been to Africa until he came visiting last year. He's one of the nicest man a've ever met but was shocked at our culture expecially the way police men looked at him but when he speaks to them they open their teeth like fools and ask him to give them a dollar. Nigeria needs a reboot and the people in it needs a hard reset.
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by senrino(m): 7:49am On Apr 04, 2019
Wait oo. Police na part of our culture??
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by columbus007(m): 7:55am On Apr 04, 2019
FreemanUYB:

which kind of brain Una get self

she just countered the idiotic ofonja skull mining and murderer's comment on what's our culture,
and you off all people go just direct am to her son chaiiii!!!

ofonja why na??

let me ask you, you no dey wear suit ??
is suit our culture

mchewwwwww!!!!!
undecided
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by Talkytalky55: 7:55am On Apr 04, 2019
Bleep them skinhead ass niggas Bleep d police
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by oginniboy(m): 8:19am On Apr 04, 2019
InvertedHammer:

/
The NPF has told you what they are looking for. Once you understand that none of the people bitching online will stand with you when it comes down to it, then you do the needful. When the words were out that some people are stealing female pants, most went on the defensive to protect themselves. Forewarned is forearmed. Words are our now that NPF are looking for losers with tattoos and dreads, why can't people take precautionary measures not to become easy targets?

Moving on, I see the way Nigerian girls dress because they watch too much of American movies. If you dress like that walking down the street, you will definitely get cat calls from men, some will honk at you and the police may harass you for possible prostitution. Yep! And I live in California where it is supposed to be going down.

Just give the police nails and hammer to be nailing these folks to the cross.

/
what of those that has tatto b4 now and are not cultist,which means they must arrest davido......talk with ur sense now......they are just trying to cover up what those police has done.....all those bald hair politician with no tattoo are stealing our money,they are not arresting them ooo
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by Kaymaxine(m): 8:27am On Apr 04, 2019
Tattoos have been in our culture since time memorial.
Go and check your grandparents hands and legs,you would see tattoed inscription (either name,address or family connections) incase the person gets lost...
Physical appearance tells a lot about you but it still doesn't depict whether you a criminal or not!!!
Evans is not on dreads and he doesn't look like he has a single tattoo on him...but look at him today!!!
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by akdjr(m): 8:55am On Apr 04, 2019
Raskimo was on dread till he died and I am sure some. Police men had one time watch him perform on stage and even guide the venue he performed during his reign.
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Slams Bala Elkana, Police Spokesperson Over Tattoo, Dread by Nostradamus: 9:17am On Apr 04, 2019
That bala elkana is a dunce,stupid policeman. He should know that tattoo and dreads are part of african cultures,the fact that a dunce like you hate doesn't mean some don't like it. In yoruba,kids with dreads are fondly called 'dada'.with this statement that elkana made,i now believe that a great number of our police officers are fhucking imbecilez who have no business trying to maintain law and order otherwise they'd jail innocent souls..now those people saying tatts guys are irresponsible,a lot of boko haram members don't wear tatts,will you call them responsible.if care is not taken,these dullards we wrongfully call 'police' here will start arresting citizens for cases such as unemployment,keeping of beards,having a girlfriend or even sports betting. Maybe when the police start arresting most youths for having a girlfriend or for not able to secure an employment/admission to a tertiary institution,then the youths will stand up and start lynching these smelly idiots.below is an experienced i had with some police guys around ijapo axis,akure in respect of the tattoo in my arm...

i have my twin sister's name tattooed on the outer part of my left arm and she loves it,i was accosted by some SACs(special anti-cultism squad)here in akure,they were four in numbers,i greeted them responsibly,three of 'em didn't replied me,the guys just screwed their face like a lady striken with toilet-disease,i just face the one who answered my greetings,i have always been a very confident person. The friendly one asked me about the tatts on my arm,i told him my twin sister is kehinde(kenny is a short form for kehinde)and the heart shaped in front of kenny is to show i love her. He was like 'ooh you're a twin'.i said 'yea i am and my twin sis is my best friend'.then he start this oriki(praise chant yorubas used to adore twins,although he got some of the lyrics wrong sha).i was impressed and asked his name which he told me. While all this was going on,the other sacs guys just stood and frown their face,they were looking at me as if they've seen a criminal,i wanted to please that friendly one(something tells me he will be a part of the few upright policemen we have in this country,told me his name's supol segun),told him to wait while i dash to the car bring out my purse and saw 9,800 there i couldn't give him everything so i gave him 5k and i collected his number,when going i saw the others who were forming now trying to act nice,i just screw face like a militant because i hate hypocrisy,i promised that supol segun i will call him but i haven't done that. Such a nice officer,if all police officers are like that,then we will always see them as our friend.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DJ Exclusive Shades Dammy Krane Over His Arrested / Fans To Uche Ogbodo: "You Can't Be A Bride Because Of Your Nude Photos" / Update: Man Without Limbs, Nick Vujicic Photo'd On Honeymoon With Wife In Hawaii

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.