Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Advise On How To Take A Rushed Delivery - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise On How To Take A Rushed Delivery (774 Views)

I Need Your Advise On This Funny Act In My Neighbourhood / New Bride Rushed To Hospital Still Having Orgasm’s 2 Hours After Sex / Marijuna Is Breaking My Home,i Am Very Lonely. Any Advise On What To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise On How To Take A Rushed Delivery by smartmom(f): 4:08pm On Sep 10, 2010
Recently my sister had to be rushed to the hospital in labour and along the way, the baby made her debut into the world and her 'poor' hubby was freaked out! I could have been in the car with them and I have to confess, I dont think I would lived up to my name as a smart mom because I would have been confused and clueless as to what to do. embarassed Can dear nairalanders please supply us with advise as to what to do in a situation like this in case of emergencies?
Re: Advise On How To Take A Rushed Delivery by mamamia2: 5:46pm On Sep 10, 2010
Maybe you should tell us how ur brother-inlaw coped? did he faint or what? how is the baby and mom by the way? why did she wait till the baby had to come in the car(if it was in the car? angry.

Anyway, me I shall escape from any such scene because I know nada about deliveries. I cant even bear to watch it on TV sef.
Re: Advise On How To Take A Rushed Delivery by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2010
//
Re: Advise On How To Take A Rushed Delivery by zayhal(f): 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2010
Try to be as calm and organised as the situation could let you.

Get a wrapper from the hospital bag you're carrying (the one containing the delivery stuff) and wrap the baby in it. As chaircover said, be very careful with the cord and get into a hospital asap or call a nurse/midwife (not these stupid auxilliary nurses that parade some private hospitals in Nigeria) immediately.

So now you tell us, how did it go with your sister?
Re: Advise On How To Take A Rushed Delivery by smartmom(f): 11:32am On Sep 13, 2010
chaircover:

not a lot you can do really; some babies just dont waste any time in coming.

Sometimes its not the mothers fault. The hospitals sometimes get it wrong.

With my daughter, I was sent home at 8pm from the labour ward. The midwives said that I wasn't in Labour. So, I went down to the hospital canteen, had dinner (had a craving for hospital food at the time) and then went home.

I was even telling myself off for wasting my time going to the hospital and just chilled at home.

However at midnight, things suddenly changed very quickly and we only just about managed to get to the hospital with 5 minutes to spare. The ambulance crew hadn't even finished their paperwork by the time I had her and they were as shocked as we were. Me that had been planning on epiudural etc ended up with absolutely NOTHING

I suppose, the only thing you can do if caught in a situation like this is to keep calm, so the mum feels calm and try and keep the cord off the babies neck.

A big congratulations on your new arrival.
wink good girl your daughter I say! saved you all the stress of an epidural. Yes I do agree with you about hospital bad timing. My sister was in the hospital abt 11pm the previous night and was sent home on the gounds that real labour hadnt started(I even wonder what they mean by real labour sef) only for her to start pushing by 8am the next morning.
Thank God nothing terrible happened otherwise I would have personally sued that hospital for negligence of duty.
zayhal:

Try to be as calm and organised as the situation could let you.

Get a wrapper from the hospital bag you're carrying (the one containing the delivery stuff) and wrap the baby in it. As chaircover said, be very careful with the cord and get into a hospital asap or call a nurse/midwife (not these silly auxilliary nurses that parade some private hospitals in Nigeria) immediately.

So now you tell us, how did it go with your sister?
How did it go, I shudder to think of what it would gone wrong if I was there grin, I probably would be the one screaming the most, at the baby to wait before making her appearance or maybe push her back into the belly lol. But really, my sister was a real trouper, she just pushed out the baby and her hubby lifted up the baby into her arms and they rushed to the hospital. I didnt want to hear the gory details!
Re: Advise On How To Take A Rushed Delivery by smartmom(f): 11:36am On Sep 13, 2010
mama_mia:

Maybe you should tell us how your brother-inlaw coped? did he faint or what? how is the baby and mom by the way? why did she wait till the baby had to come in the car(if it was in the car? angry.

Anyway, me I shall escape from any such scene because I know nada about deliveries. I cant even bear to watch it on TV sef.

wink we are on thesame page mama-mia. I am posting in the hope that if for any unfortunate reason, I find myself in that situation, I would cope better so to well equipped is to prepared.

(1) (Reply)

'husband And Wife'...wrong! / Before Your Baby Clocks 5..... / Chinese Couple Almost Fall From Fourth Floor Balcony After Argument [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.