Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,749 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe (33522 Views)

Tinubu Gave Alms Out Of Compassion, Not Bribe – APC PCC / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by fukushaki(m): 8:03pm On Apr 04, 2019
AntiWailer:

Coming back to where ?

He is gone.

Na soft landing remain.
grin forget soft landing jó. He his coming back grin
Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by WilliamsChelster(m): 8:03pm On Apr 04, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Dreams are allowed
I’m sure if you’re way older than me and of course not on per with me when it comes to money either

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by B1ak3: 8:06pm On Apr 04, 2019
PopeFlatino:
Buhari self cry so Gandollar come be saint abii undecided

Know your laws before you type rubbish online. He is a sitting governor and there is something they call political immunity. I know you won't know that since it is not a spare part in Alaba Market.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 04, 2019
thatigboman:
was he supposed to remit it to his daughter? Do u know how much he spent for d wedding?

Lame...... not surprised after seeing your moniker. I would have been if you had said otherwise.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by indigenous234(f): 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2019
sevo:
Your daughter nah princess Diana??

Oga go and sit down jor. How much was given? When Zahra Buhari got married, I dare the presidency to publish the amounts received as gift if its not running into billions.

The amount of gifts (money) one receives as gift during ceremonies in Nigeria is commensurate with your level and connections in the society.

You don't expect Cubana Chief priest to get the same gift as you when he celebrates Abi?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by buhariguy(m): 8:07pm On Apr 04, 2019
this was my point, this is how kickback is paid, kickback, )bribe) for selling Justice.
openmine, come and see the meaning of kickback.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 04, 2019
WilliamsChelster:
I’m sure if you’re way older than me and of course not on per with me when it comes to money either

You're a very poor person by all standard

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by WilliamsChelster(m): 8:09pm On Apr 04, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Your a very poor person by all standard
Tueh. Go hustle and make money before you follow me dey drag rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by BlacDonaldTrump(m): 8:11pm On Apr 04, 2019
Amuocha:
Great defence cool

Tinubu can not defend his account in this manner embarassed

Remember that Jagaban was tried for money crimes immediately after his tenure as Lagos state governor and was not found guilty.
Stop the hate and pls stay on topic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by TB28: 8:12pm On Apr 04, 2019
PatrioticNaija:

I guess you can do better than his lawyers. Defenders of alleged criminals. You mean he gave the daughter the monies yet were still found in his accounts? Or that he spent over 1million USD for his daughter's wedding? Yet nobody heard of the wedding, nobody knows the daughter.....

You only tell stupid lies to try cover already blown crimes. He is still innocent until proven guilty anyway. So let him defend himself and prove beyond all reasonable doubts that he is innocent of the allegations.

Boy are you stupid. You don’t deserve a response.
Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
WilliamsChelster:
Tueh. Go hustle and make money before you follow me dey drag rubbish.

That is what I should have told you so that you can have friends that will give you above 100k each for naming and stop rolling with paupers.

Nah your pocket they choose your friends. From all indication it's too shallow.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
I am not writing this piece to either proclaim the guilt or innocence of Mr. Onnoghen, the former Chief Justice of Nigeria. But what I am here to do is to express how inappropriate it is for civil servants especially judges to be involved in behavior that would cast aspersions on the Judicial system. As a judge, you have the power to determine whether a defendant is to live or die. Therefore, when you have such power, your behavior should be above board and free of an appearance of any impropriety in all your dealings.

As a member of the legal profession, in civilized societies, it is against the ethics of the profession for a judge to accept gifts or anything of value from the public [if not a family member] especially a prospective litigant. So, for the ex CJN to accept pecuniary gifts albeit for his daughter's wedding from lawyers who are more likely to appear before him definitely makes it very suspicious and against what should be ethical for a person with such awesome power.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by WilliamsChelster(m): 8:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

That is what I should have told you so that you can have friends that will give you above 100k each for naming and stop rolling with paupers.

Nah your pocket they choose your friends. From all indication it's too shallow.
Enter abk/Warri ask of “Ferrari” and shut your fucking broke and dirty mouth up. Your entire full year salary nor fit change my taillight

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by Ovie56(m): 8:17pm On Apr 04, 2019
indigenous234:

Oga go and sit down jor. How much was given? When Zahra Buhari got married, I dare the presidency to publish the amounts received as gift if its not running into billions.

The amount of gifts (money) one receives as gift during ceremonies in Nigeria is commensurate with your level and connections in the society.

You don't expect Cubana Chief priest to get the same gift as you when he celebrates Abi?

It's painful seeing Nigerians thinking like the guy you quoted, how did i end up in Nigeria of all countries imagine saying a supreme court judge collected 300k 250k as bribe even the sum is not up to 2M what kind of bribe is that, 300k that can fit in someone's pocket if paid as cash is that what he'll risk his career for, in my final year i know lecturers that collected a 400k bribe ordinary lecturer 2 .. i weep for naija if CJN Wants to collect bribe i believe it'll be in millions of dollars not this paltry amount. Nigerians and their blind loyalty to politicians that don't give a Bleep

4 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by Ubdavis(m): 8:19pm On Apr 04, 2019
The truth be say, this man been d collect bribe. But we are waiting facts...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 04, 2019
WilliamsChelster:
Enter abk/Warri ask of “Ferrari” and shut your fucking broke and dirty mouth up. Your entire full year salary nor fit change my taillight

Shut your dirty mouth and stop claiming shit. You are as poor as the people you roll with.

Ferrari my foot.

Which of your friends can give your child 100k on his naming?

Small boi
Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by naijapips04: 8:20pm On Apr 04, 2019
englishmart:
In Nigeria will someone receive up to #2.5b and still tag it "gift"
If gifts exceed #5m, it's bribe

You are a typical example of a dumb niqqa. Where did you read your own #2.5billion?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 04, 2019
[s]
TB28:

Boy are you stupid. You don’t deserve a response.
[/s]

Your father's stupidity is Back2Back.

Even in my private company I do fill and update my Conflict of Interest form yearly. Depending on your profession and position you occupy, gifts / gestures of this nature are inappropriate, especially as a chief judge when you are not supposed to be influenced in any form.

So your father didn't tell you how he used gifts to influence/deceive your mother into impregnating her without paying her bride price? Wereyyy like you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by WilliamsChelster(m): 8:27pm On Apr 04, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Shut your dirty mouth and stop claiming shit. You are as poor as the people you roll with.

Ferrari my foot.

Which of your friends can give your child 100k on his naming?

Small boi
I be small boy but yet a billion times richer than you can ever be. If me and you see face to face you no reach anything, your aza nor reach my kid sister own. So focus on your 9-5 job and get the fùck off my mention for good
Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by AudiA4: 8:27pm On Apr 04, 2019
Perceptual bloody lair, shameless corrupt judge, what a disgrace to the country called NIGERIA, Oldman without values

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:31pm On Apr 04, 2019
texazzpete:

At your age, you don’t know that sitting Governors have immunity from prosecution ?
at ur age u don't know Buhari has no right to fraudulently remove d cjn...una craze de to smell...has dis guy been found guilty...de keep bringing useless allegations to paint him black...
Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 04, 2019
WilliamsChelster:
I be small boy but yet a billion times richer than you can ever be. If me and you see face to face you no reach anything, your aza nor reach my kid sister own. So focus on your 9-5 job and get the fùck off my mention for good

All your generational finance till world end can't catch up with my finance.

Poverty is certainly affecting your reasoning.

The money I give out for free per week can take care of you for a whole month and I will still have change.

One of my small boys can feed you for a year and he wouldn't know he did.

Smell out.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by blackboy(m): 8:34pm On Apr 04, 2019
Sharp man. Gandollar is APC and innocent
Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by agabaI23(m): 8:34pm On Apr 04, 2019
jerryunit48:
Smart truth now let me see who will debunk that
Aswerigad. That's an uppercut.
Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by Bimpe29: 8:37pm On Apr 04, 2019
In the eyes of ethics, impunity is wholesomely wrong and unacceptable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by Teenaira: 8:38pm On Apr 04, 2019
thatigboman:
bullion van Tinubu nko

Why will you mention Tinubu now, even ordinary APC members have immunity to corruption not to talk of the National leader who should have national immunity.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by adem30: 8:38pm On Apr 04, 2019
Sebi this man once said the money was proceed from his farm. Why another story?

Agbaya oshi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by buhariguy(m): 8:38pm On Apr 04, 2019
AMI3:
Why is EFCC still attacking this man. If there is no concrete evidence against this man they should free him. I thought such an high profile suppose to collect bribe that range from $10m to $1b.
not just thousands.
Where some kids can use that to organise party.
I BELIEVE THIS MAN IS SMARTER THAN WHAT YOU THINK
you just comfirm it, the man is not smart as you think.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by deomelo: 8:39pm On Apr 04, 2019
Sadly for this crooked and corrupt man, he basically stated the very reasons why he should not and should never be CJ or a judge anywhere on the surface of the earth.

For him not to see the damaging appearance and even to justify collecting monetary gifts regardless from who or for any occasion shows clearly that he's highly immoral, he's sense of judgement is very flawed and he should not be seating on any judicial bench.

Now, back to the main issue, apart from the fact that you have ion your account funds that you can not account for, the main issue is failure to declare your assets

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by peacettw: 8:40pm On Apr 04, 2019
TB28:

How? You people should give this a rest already. Decisions have been made and the man has made his.

Enough of all this. Any those talking about conflict of interest, how so? None had cases before him. And these are old time friends. Should he be friends with politicians

Still shameful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by WilliamsChelster(m): 8:40pm On Apr 04, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

All your generational finance till world end can't catch up with my finance.

Poverty is certainly affecting your reasoning.

The money I give out for free per week can take care of you for a whole month and I will still have change.

One of my small boys can feed you for a year and he wouldn't know he did.

Smell out.
Baba for the boys grin You sure say you don eat this evening so I don tell you before enter Warri or abraka ask of Ferrari..I ain’t got shit to hide man. To follow you drag na cast normally, ask young CEO, investor blaze and the rest on IG. Life of og... You go know my guy. No be to dey claim without support

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: The Monies I Received Were Gifts For My Daughter's Wedding, Not Bribe by obi4kenn(m): 8:41pm On Apr 04, 2019
“In his evidence-In-Chief, the Respondent explained that the gifts were made at a time of the marriage ceremony of his first daughter, Oremini Nkanu Onnoghen who got married sometime in 2015. It was not solicited and remains a part and parcel of the customs and traditions of the people. His Lordship tendered a copy of the wedding invitation which was admitted in evidence without objection by the petitioner.

Why are you the one receiving the gifts and not the celebrant your daughter?
Oga! Abeg tell us another thing!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police React To Northern Youths Ultimatum To Igbos, Issue Warning / Lagos State Cursed With "Visionless" Governors / Market Women, State Workers Welcoming Governor Adeleke To Secretariat(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.