Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,504 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully (25622 Views)

There Is A Growing Resentment Of Fulani Herdsmen Within The Hausa Community. / We Will Never Leave Anambra State, Hausa Community Vows / VP Osinbajo With The Hausa Community In Lagos. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by LazyGold(m): 11:26am On Apr 06, 2019
martowskin1:

Not only SE, they hardly leave their 6 SW states...

U will see someone from osun, schooled in Oyo, living in ondo, married from Ekiti...

There is this communication barrier they have, it makes them finding it hard to leave .

That's why the few ones who left SW to other region for NYSC, after POP, na race them dey take go back....

Any yoruba man who u see traveling was not born and brought up in the SW....

Update:

Dont call Lagos SW b4 thunder fire u there

So Lagos is no longer part of South West ?

Says by a Nonentity like you

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by LazyGold(m): 11:29am On Apr 06, 2019
RTSC:

You hateful being.

You want igbos to give you free land?

Have your father ever given any igbo man anything free before, let alone land?

You no well.

If your people can't buy lands the way igbos do in foreign climes, then go back home.

Deep down you know that even if they want to buy the Lands, you will never sell it to them. You are all liars, you will never sell it to them even if they want to buy
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 06, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Lands are not given freely, either you buy or lease, unlike the Hausa/Fulani, Igbos don't just request for lands in any part of the country, they buy or lease and then develop.

I believe that there are lands for sale in Nnewi and nothing is stopping them from purchasing one.

No valuable thing comes freely, the earlier they make peace with that fact, the better for them.

Apart from the land issues, these people are not being honest. I find it strange that they had been there since the 70s, engage in multi million naira business of livestock but still live in shanks and face me I face you. What do they do with their money? There is something they are not telling us.

On the issue of their dead, I think there should be a very strict law on that. Igbos bury their dead at their ancestral lands and the interment is done 6ft deep.
Do these people follow the same burial procedures?
I have seen online photos and videos of people being buried in shallow graves in the north.

Such should not be tolerated in the South East. It’s not just against the culture and tradition of the people but unhealthy and ecologically bad.
What happens when there’s heavy flooding or slight erosion...you’ll see skeletons poking out from the soil...Chukwu aju.

Why not transport your dead to your place and bury them? Why not invest on lands? They are making lots of money but they are not investing it there apart from paying for stalls and rope.

How can you transfer your wealth back to God knows where only to dump your corpse for the host communities??

7 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by LazyGold(m): 11:32am On Apr 06, 2019
martowskin1:

Average yoruba man indeed and tell that to kabiru in ogbomosho...

Kill ur self, Lagos is not SW

Lagos is in South East grin

1 Like

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 06, 2019
alexmakaay:

Nwanne, okwa etu a ka o si ebido oo.

I dey tell u ooo
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 06, 2019
LazyGold:

Deep down you know that even if they want to buy the Lands, you will never sell it to them. You are all liars, you will never sell it to them even if they want to buy

If they are serious about lands, they can buy lands but I have my doubts about Nnewi town.

Nnewi lands are not as straightforward as it seems. Non Nnewi people including myself will find it extremely difficult if not impossible to get a plot of land there.
In some places in the south east, lands are owned by Umunna (kinsmen). If you become a man, successful and want to build, you’ll have to meet the elders and make a formal application. Once they are convinced, you’ll be allocated a plot/plots of land. It’s diffrent in some other places. In my town, families own lands and is allocated once the person becomes a man and responsible. Even when such land is allocated to you, you are not allowed to sell it for profit.

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 06, 2019
nothingspoil70:
In other words the fulanis are the ones developing igboland very soon Engu will become a no mans land

Maybe.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Connoisseur(m): 11:40am On Apr 06, 2019
Onijagidijagan:

Igbo chased Yoruba people out of the east during the biafran war.. That's d pure reasons. I don't think Igbos are more into Commerce than the Yorubas.

All tribes went home during the civil war that's why it was a war.
Other tribes had reason to go back while some don't
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by chloride6: 11:41am On Apr 06, 2019
goaldynboy:

Why not give them your papa land nah?!

Have you seen where an Igbo man beg for land anywhere in Nigeria?! Igbos use their money to buy lands, not beg!

It is the begi- begi spirit and blood in you people that gives you the sense of entitlement that you can get everything free!

For your information, a plot of land in Nnewi today is between N15m to N50m! Which family or person will give up such treasure for free?!!

Did they use their money to buy Ladipo and computer village?

1 Like

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by LazyGold(m): 11:42am On Apr 06, 2019
gbosaa:

If they are serious about lands, they can buy lands but I have my doubts about Nnewi town.

Nnewi lands are not as straightforward as it seems. Non Nnewi people including myself will find it extremely difficult if not impossible to get a plot of land there.
In some places in the south east, lands are owned by Umunna (kinsmen). If you become a man, successful and want to build, you’ll have to meet the elders and make a formal application. Once they are convinced, you’ll be allocated a plot/plots of land. It’s diffrent in some other places. In my town, families own lands and is allocated once the person becomes a man and responsible. Even when such land is allocated to you, you are not allowed to sell it for profit.

Stop telling lies, No family we sell their Lands to them you are all bunch of fake people and pretenders. Deep down you know you can never stomach Hausa people having Lands in your Region
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 06, 2019
LiveByNight:

I am.not ibo this is an ibo issue , I just wanted to point out that you are very mad that's all

Give them ur fatherland and I don't give a damn where u from.

No free land here.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by ClearFlair: 11:46am On Apr 06, 2019
And the most unaccommodating people in Nigeria goes to the ............ God punish Atiku
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 06, 2019
alexmakaay:

A simple question, ..on whose land will the cattle graze?

I wonder ooooo.....

There is a serious evil plot and everybody need be on alert.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 06, 2019
LazyGold:

Stop telling lies, No family we sell their Lands to them you are all bunch of fake people and pretenders. Deep down you know you can never stomach Hausa people having Lands in your Region

The same Hausa people that various governments have given massive plots of lands for their businesses and residency but go to those places and see things for yourself.

With years of engaging in cattle and livestock businesses that had yielded billions, the only sign of human activities there are wooden shanks, cow dungs, plastic bags, endless lines of trailers and lorries with people sleeping under them and all sorts of filth.

Lands are scarce in the SE but you have to prove that you need them and I don’t believe that it’s they really want the lands. Lands are not free.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 06, 2019
Damsonkc:

I have noticed your comments everywhere sowing seeds of discontent amongst Igbos, you this Benin dingbat. If you do not desist from this rubbish, you will die an untimely death.

I only point ebonyi for whom they are.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by LazyGold(m): 11:52am On Apr 06, 2019
gbosaa:

The same Hausa people that various governments have given massive plots of lands for their businesses and residency but go to those places and see things for yourself.

With years of engaging in cattle and livestock businesses that had yielded billions, the only sign of human activities there are wooden shanks, cow dungs, plastic bags, endless lines of trailers and lorries with people sleeping under them and all sorts of filth.

Lands are scarce in the SE but you have to prove that you need them and I don’t believe that it’s they really want the lands. Lands are not free.

When did they say they want the Lands for free? But your people don't sell Lands to foreigners especially Yoruba and Hausa and that's the God Honest truth. You can keep deceiving yourselves, any Yoruba that go into South East is a fool
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by degamemaster(m): 11:52am On Apr 06, 2019
Asking for land for cattle business is a ploy to asking for cattle ranching and subsequently expansion of islam/terrorism.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by jumobi1(m): 11:55am On Apr 06, 2019
Wait. Is the community refusing to sell land to them? If so, that’s wrong.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 06, 2019
hardbody:

You did not gift land to us, we bought them. You CAN'T take back what you have alienated and received financial consideration from. is this too difficult to comprehend?

your an educated fellow.vhope you realise the difference between lease and purchase... and do you know that C of O can be revoked.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by slowbreeze(f): 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2019
chloride6:

So the govt built it for Igbos only;& no other tribe can be found doing businesses there.?They don't pay for land @ d cemetery to bury loved one &
They also don't pay for shop rent & other taxes;ryt? Abeg park well!!
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by chloride6: 12:02pm On Apr 06, 2019
slowbreeze:

So the govt built it for Igbos only;& no other tribe can be found doing businesses there.?They don't pay for land @ d cemetery to bury loved one &
They also don't pay for shop rent & other taxes;ryt? Abeg park well!!

Go and sit down..

Igbos enjoy hospitality they dont extend to other people in their own lands..

1 Like

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by orisa37: 12:06pm On Apr 06, 2019
Please buy lands from Landowners at regular rates. They are available everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by cjrane: 12:06pm On Apr 06, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Give them the remaining land in enugu state, we don't have free land in nnewi.

I have been trying to buy land in Nnewi for a business and have not been successful for more than 6 years now. The place is simply jam-packed and the available land sells in millions of naira.

I hope these ones are ready to pay and not simply say they want to be given free land. if they have money, they can buy any amount of land they want.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by obstead200(m): 12:06pm On Apr 06, 2019
amaniro:
They should share market with their host and they should send the dead back to its original land undecidedThats how we do it in Igbo land.
the thing is, if they want land, no wahala.
Let them bring money and buy the land.
That is how Igbos acquire land anywhere they go. They don't go around empty handed saying "give us land".
They put together the cash and buy the land. No one rejects money. Money answers all things.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 06, 2019
Bede2u:
our people have a saying that when an oracle starts misbehaving, he will be shown the tree it was carved from. That was wat happened to Akpabio...and that is wat will happen to any leader who gives out igbo land to fulanis for cattle ranching

However I appreciate the enterprise of the hausa community. The New artisan market along Enu-ph express is an hausa market...we have not had any problem with them. U can go there and do anything...or buy anything and even Bleep their nyarinyas in their hijab for 500 naira.

Nnewi should gv them 2 plots for burial ground at 3 million each if they can afford it...and a market of about 10 plots at same price...then ensure that a local vigilante is set up there to monitor their activities. We need to do these things for the north as a sign of good faith. They are the one tribe outside igbos who invest a lot in igboland...and we want them to continue and we want them to accomodate our traders up north too.

Shalom ¥

The Fulani isn't investing anything in igbo land.

And as for the new artisan market in enugu, we don chase dem commot from there, Dem bin kill policeman there So Gburugburu chase dem commot. I hear say dem later give them land in nsukka
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2019
donttouchme:
Nnewi people are too stingy. If the hausa community needs land, they better look for money and buy them.

What do u mean by stingy?
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 06, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Hausa fulani have over ran enugu and u want them to. Over run nnewi.

What a wicked advice from u.....Imagine.

I have said this that our neighbouring states don't like us.....our downfall gives them joy but God pass una.

"I have said this that our neighbouring states don't like us.....our downfall gives them joy but God pass una"

Who are u?
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by obstead200(m): 12:09pm On Apr 06, 2019
chloride6:

are u kidding me or are u just stupid?
Igbos have NEVER gotten anything for free ANYWHERE Nigeria. Whatever they have, they acquire it thru sweat.
No let thunder fire u Oooo.
Did u give them any shop in ladipo for free?

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 06, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Give them the remaining land in enugu state, we don't have free land in nnewi.

Leave enugu state out of ur madness
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by OmoManU: 12:10pm On Apr 06, 2019
You can see the difference here o, Hausas has been in Nnewi for decades Ibo men does not allow them to do as they like but they will go to another man's land and will want to dominate. Imagine ordinary market and burial ground they can't provide for those people. Truth must be said the Ibos r just not accommodating and do like to eat from where they did not sow

1 Like

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by chloride6: 12:10pm On Apr 06, 2019
obstead200:
are u kidding me or are u just stupid?
Igbos have NEVER gotten anything for free ANYWHERE Nigeria. Whatever they have, they acquire it thru sweat.
No let thunder fire u Oooo.
Did u give them any shop in ladipo for free?

Do Igbos sell land to foreigners ?

1 Like

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 06, 2019
helinues:
Market agreed.
Demanding for burial ground? Sounds awkward

GIVE them market on what grounds?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Storms Olamaboro And Omala LGA In Kogi (Video) / PICTURES Only PDP Supporters Can Relate To / Katsina Youths Burn House Of Mustapha Mohammed Inuwa, SGS, APC Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.