Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,583 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency (38666 Views)

New APC Guidelines Give Amaechi, Ngige 3 Days To Resign Or Forget 2023 Ambitions / Bala Mohammed: South-West Doesn’t Want To Accommodate Other Tribes / Tinubu Should Forget 2023 - Ohanaeze Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by Alexis11: 8:30am On Apr 07, 2019
caracas:

See this one from an election worthless region talking . From the pattern of votes in the last election it is clear no region wud ever depend on you to win an election cos your votes always do not matter . Buhari wud still have won without the votes of the sw or Yorubas .

That is the best way to stay relevant politically. Even the politicians will respect you because they know that your vote is based on performance and your politics is issue based. So giving PDP 2 states and APC 4 states is still a good way to play politics.

Unlike your region where a dog can win elections against human just because that dog is in PDP and you expect other regions to take you serious.

But I don't expect you to understand all these as an Igbo man. grin
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by TheRealestGuy(m): 8:35am On Apr 07, 2019
kayjay69:
Absolutely true and that was the freest and fairest election we've had till date.

The fact is if the APC today were to out of equality cede say the Speakership to the SE, I dont see how their numbers will not automatically improve in 2023.

The issue here is that the APC is made up largely of Yorubas and Northerners who are also mostly Muslims. I am Yoruba and I believe the Yoruba arm of the APC prefers this so, in order that they might maintain key stakes in the govt of the day.
Have you guys stopped to think what would happen if every region voted APC, it would be alot difficult for the likes of Tinubu and Buhari to absolutely call the shots.

Igbos I think are fair people, though voting patterns suggests they have stuck to one party since 1999 but this has nothing to do with who was presented, if the SE voted Obasanjo and YarAdua, I'm pretty sure they can do same again.

As much as I dislike both APC and PDP, you cannot help but admit that atleast with PDP, there was the unsaid agreement that power had to be shared and they did their best as evidenced in the composition of key positions across government. APC on the other hand came into govt with the mindset of sidelining any region that didn't support them. Now I get this, I really do however we thought we were past that as a country, atleast in the interest of the collective.

So cerebral a post!

One Hennessy for my head.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by EagleNest(m): 8:48am On Apr 07, 2019
Simple divide and rule tricks is being played by the north against the south.

Only if the south can unite and ignore petty competitions that had pitied it against one another.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by Mrnairalandd: 8:54am On Apr 07, 2019
OfoIgbo:
The only westerners that have a chance of getting SE and SS votes are Ayo Fayose and Fani Kayode. Beyond these two gentlemen, no other westerner will be able to sway the other southern regions to vote for them.

Unfortunately for SWesterners, the voting pattern in the SE and SS are usually by block votes. Nobody in both regions will ever vote for any other Yoruba person. Not after the betrayal that GEJ suffered in the hands of the SW. Both regions have a very long memory, and this memory will persist even beyong 2023, so SW strategists have a huge mountain to climb.

Northerners can insult the Igbos as much as they like, that will not drive Igbo or SS votes towards any Yoruba candidate. Igbos have a lesson to teach, come 2023 grin grin grin

And the same sophisticated Yorubas are still punishing you and your future generation for the sin you committed in 1960 and 1979 elections in which you voted for your masters in the North instead of Yoruba man.

Yorubas don’t get upset over Igbo decision to vote for their masters in the North. History ll always repeat itself and Yorubas are full aware of that. It won’t be your first time and I am sure it won’t be your last time. We are well equipped against any stupidity from the East lHowever, Yorubas ll continue to keep you Igbos as 3rd class citizens in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by Simbrixton(m): 9:02am On Apr 07, 2019
PrecisionFx:

I see u didn't even know what to reply.

IGBO come be Senate president under OBJ, so bloody what? IGBOS were in PDP n helped deliver OBJ so SP na their right.

And now back to real issues, Does SP mean the common IGBO man on the streets of Awka gain anything?

I ask again, what did Obasanjo do for the IGBOS to make them vote for him?
all the common igbo men cannot be in government na u go ask urself wetin u want pass that one where u not in Nigeria when no southwesterner had a political post under Jonathan even speaker and SGF was that not bitterness meanwhile please do not quote me again

You are not making any sense again and I detest greedy and arrogant people igbos voted obasanjo while yorubas voted olu falae igbos political thinking is very simple as long as they are above yoruba it is fairness and justice its never about the progress of others in 2011-2015 we saw this when no yoruba occupied a top position under Jonathan it was just pure bitterness against yorubas yet you lot migrate to our lands daily yorubas are already waking us people like us saw you guys as our number one enemy from day one and Jonathan regime proved it I repeat at least u got senate president under obasanjo wat did sw get under Jonathan
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by dollarsplenty(m): 9:08am On Apr 07, 2019
MXrep:

Who voted obasanjo twice?. Time for you to reciprocate the gesture you chose to asslickk buhari. And you expect us to fold hands and watch you take another turn? Stop dreaming
Who betrayed Alex Ekwueme in 1998 Jo's Convention? Who betrayed Ojukwu's presidential ambition that PDP got more votes than APGA in the South East?

2 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by olas24u(f): 10:27am On Apr 07, 2019
kernel001:

North and West doesn't want restructuring as far as they're enjoying power. Trust me.
The structure was destroyed by igbos to gain control and lost out.you are waiting for your turn and you will be worst than hausa fulani politicans.GEJ did not succeed because of all the advises he got from you people.Gej needed restructuring more than anybody,balyesa was the first place Nigeria discovered oil and they are less developed and cheated of their oil money.Despite being in power with igbo advisers,you lead him ,until he was deafeated at the polls.

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by olas24u(f): 10:30am On Apr 07, 2019
kernel001:

Who? Igbos busy property and unlike Hauses begging for free land.
If they restructure Nigeria, are you aware that Igbos will prefer importing goods via Ph?, States will develop there own Airports.
You are not writing intelligently,onne port ,Calabar port now have serious competitors, they are not deep enough and douala port in Cameron is nearby and attracting ships.secondly before the current system of unitary,we practiced regional system and igbos didn't do any magic.

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by persius555(m): 10:41am On Apr 07, 2019
gurnam:

You didn’t vote Obasanjo, the military simply wanted obj in 1999 and they wrote the results in his favour

And the the military wrote the results again in 2003?
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by gurnam: 10:47am On Apr 07, 2019
persius555:

And the the military wrote the results again in 2003?

He simply rigged election and coupled with the far that igbos were only in PDP then.

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by Peacecore: 10:50am On Apr 07, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Be fooling yourself in denial. Which government parastatal does the south control? Army Inec ......
There is nothing you can do. The north has taken over.
You were warned. Buhari is never handing over to a southerner. Take it to the bank.
When he was appointing all northerners for service chiefs and other powerful positions, you saw nothing wrong with it because you thought it is against igbos.
Now,take it the way you see it.
u guys shud continue fooling urseves,Jumaid Mohammed that was a serious anti_Buhari has now become Northern n Buhari mouthpiece. Go n mark this;Any part that zone it's presidential candidate to North will lose. Anyway u guys said more than this b4 primary election that APC would lose if they fly PMB.

2 Likes

Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by olas24u(f): 10:53am On Apr 07, 2019
kernel001:

Who? Igbos busy property and unlike Hauses begging for free land.
If they restructure Nigeria, are you aware that Igbos will prefer importing goods via Ph?, States will develop there own Airports.
Government makes the right policies and create and enabling environment for investments,you buying property is an investment that generates income for the state government.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by Ndubest123(m): 11:02am On Apr 07, 2019
This lunatic again. Have you finished attacking buhari
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:05am On Apr 07, 2019
In every sense of reasoning, the two top southern ethnic groups in Igbo and Yoruba are far more compatible in various aspects than the north.

While we down here are fighting ourselves, the north are taking full advantage.

Time for the south to embrace and have a hand shake across the Niger.

My humble opinion though!
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by Peacecore: 11:09am On Apr 07, 2019
Herdsmen:
Can't be real...

Tinubu fashola the whole west side..

Can you imagine this nonsense...

How possible ..coming from Junaid andgspeaking tue mind of north..

Lawal said so .. Junaid said so..

Soon Buhari will concur..

Elrufia for 2023
Now d El_refai I've been for his death is now ur role model,tufiakwa!!!
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by gudugudumeje: 11:53am On Apr 07, 2019
What a joker the North has always made of himself each time? And when the chips are down they soft-pedal for and to the South to whom the economic ad political survival of the North depends sn 1950s'... When ad Then Nigeria breaks, they r big losers... Of course, lazy, unresourceful, parasitic North ad choked, choked landlocked others...
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2019
Simbrixton:
all the common igbo men cannot be in government na u go ask urself wetin u want pass that one where u not in Nigeria when no southwesterner had a political post under Jonathan even speaker and SGF was that not bitterness meanwhile please do not quote me again

You are not making any sense again and I detest greedy and arrogant people igbos voted obasanjo while yorubas voted olu falae igbos political thinking is very simple as long as they are above yoruba it is fairness and justice its never about the progress of others in 2011-2015 we saw this when no yoruba occupied a top position under Jonathan it was just pure bitterness against yorubas yet you lot migrate to our lands daily yorubas are already waking us people like us saw you guys as our number one enemy from day one and Jonathan regime proved it I repeat at least u got senate president under obasanjo wat did sw get under Jonathan

" people igbos voted obasanjo while yorubas voted olu falae igbos political thinking is very simple as long as they are above yoruba it is fairness and justice its never about the progress of others"

U are very daft. Is OBJ not a yoruba man?

'"we saw this when no yoruba occupied a top position under Jonathan it was just pure bitterness against yorubas""

How is that predicament with GEJ the business of IGBOS. U people are confused
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by Babacele: 1:43pm On Apr 07, 2019
useless talks don start again. 2023 that is shrouded in mystery na im all these noise dey fret about? ok .
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by sandra50(f): 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2019
Simbrixton:
that means you hate yooba more than you hate hausa
Since you people said the northerners are the best thing to happen to Nigeria then let it continue.. because of them you people fought us and you think we will support you when your fight start?never.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by forgiveness: 3:24pm On Apr 07, 2019
PrecisionFx:

And what did Obasanjo do for the SE

SW doesn't know Obasanjo's father. SW learnt his father is from across the Niger? grin

Besides, two southerners contested, how did SW betrayed the South in that situation?

Why should SW vote for Jonathan who they believed marginalized them?

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by forgiveness: 3:26pm On Apr 07, 2019
sandra50:

Since you people said the northerners are the best thing to happen to Nigeria then let it continue.. because of them you people fought us and you think we will support you when your fight start?never.

Is Atiku a Southerner? grin
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by Simbrixton(m): 3:33pm On Apr 07, 2019
sandra50:

ur view of the civil war is dim do you know Awolowo was imprisoned in 1963 tafawa balewa and azikiwe where in charge do you know agiuyi ironsi had the chance to release Awolowo but that was years ago we must forget the past and not use it as an excuse for bigotry ten million igbos live in Yorubaland why can't they all move away if they really hate us
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by Simbrixton(m): 4:10pm On Apr 07, 2019
PrecisionFx:

" people igbos voted obasanjo while yorubas voted olu falae igbos political thinking is very simple as long as they are above yoruba it is fairness and justice its never about the progress of others"

U are very daft. Is OBJ not a yoruba man?

'"we saw this when no yoruba occupied a top position under Jonathan it was just pure bitterness against yorubas""

How is that predicament with GEJ the business of IGBOS. U people are confused
the hate in you is high son but na your way
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by sandra50(f): 4:22pm On Apr 07, 2019
Simbrixton:
ur view of the civil war is dim do you know Awolowo was imprisoned in 1963 tafawa balewa and azikiwe where in charge do you know agiuyi ironsi had the chance to release Awolowo but that was years ago we must forget the past and not use it as an excuse for bigotry ten million igbos live in Yorubaland why can't they all move away if they really hate us
If we have to move away then you people will also move away and allow Edo people take back their land..
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by sandra50(f): 4:24pm On Apr 07, 2019
forgiveness:

Is Atiku a Southerner? grin
It's our choice to vote for atiku and not your failure buhari.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by Simbrixton(m): 4:26pm On Apr 07, 2019
G
sandra50:

If we have to move away then you people will also move away and allow Edo people take back their land..
the Royal family in England is from Germany the olu of warri is from edo the oba of lagos family is from edo the Obi of onitsha is from benin as well this has nothing to do with lagos land please stop inciting violence

We have always owned lagos but the ruler was from benin
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by forgiveness: 4:30pm On Apr 07, 2019
sandra50:

It's our choice to vote for atiku and not your failure buhari.

Don't the SW have the choice to vote whomever they want? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by Simbrixton(m): 4:34pm On Apr 07, 2019
ken6488:
Asin how undecided
ikwerre are igbos and they have ruled rivers for 12 years in delta urhobo is the majority but look at what okowa is doing dem go spread go edo state soon five states is not enough
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by ken6488(m): 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2019
Simbrixton:
ikwerre are igbos and they have ruled rivers for 12 years in delta urhobo is the majority but look at what okowa is doing dem go spread go edo state soon five states is not enough

You don't read books. Who told you okowa is igbo no

He is ika

James ibori rulled 8 years
Ewanta udughan 8 years

Are they igbos no

And let me educate you

In Delta State we rotate power

Delta south-Delta north-Delta central

And also the only language understood here is

PDP lol
Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by maasoap(m): 5:08pm On Apr 07, 2019
Elliot2:
If not for gej,how is the ss more politically advanced than the east? in what way have they benefited from that advancement?

My point is that SS has put the result of 2015 presidential election behind them and they have moved on. They are open to APC now more than you guys. That's what I meant by "more advanced".

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by Simbrixton(m): 5:14pm On Apr 07, 2019
ken6488:

You don't read books. Who told you okowa is igbo no

He is ika

James ibori rulled 8 years
Ewanta udughan 8 years

Are they igbos no

And let me educate you

In Delta State we rotate power

Delta south-Delta north-Delta central

And also the only language understood here is

PDP lol
ifeanyi okowa is igbo and yes you rotate power but a lot of urhobo lost their job in civil service to core igbos from the east you guys are just blinded by hate for yoruba to see that you are being colonised if your rotation is fair Isolo suppose rule next na

Go find out wetin happen for your civil service

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency by sandra50(f): 5:25pm On Apr 07, 2019
forgiveness:

Don't the SW have the choice to vote whomever they want? grin
So why are you including igbo's in your fight against buhari if he doesn't hand over power to you people?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

APC Primaries: How Odds Favour Tinubu - Daily Trust / EndSARS: Hussaini Coomasie Apologises To Protesters / Atiku: It Will Be A Miracle For Peter Obi To Win, LP Is Social Media Based

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.