Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria (4781 Views)

If A Yoruba Becomes President / See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president / Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Ofemannnu: 8:01am On May 03, 2019
bastardmod:
See useless dwarfs seeing igbo giants in their nightmares every night grin

And the Igbo giants appear grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by duncun: 1:54pm On May 03, 2019

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by MetaPhysical: 2:01pm On May 03, 2019
Ofemannnu:

And the Igbo giants appear grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by MetaPhysical: 2:07pm On May 03, 2019
duncun:
But yorubas have the birth right to seek an elective position in UK,and US. ryt?.
The question should be what have you done for the igbos? At least they contribute to Lagos economy (of which you may deny it if you wish). If igbos are asking for a position it means they believe they have the number to seek such same way Hausa community will want someone to represent them.
Do yorubas have the number in the east?

Anytime i see Ibo deflect to start calling Hausa calling UK calling US, UN, Afghanistan and Myanmar into discussion I know he has accepted my argument is superior and the Ibo has no content or material in his ethnic archives to match one for one with Yoruba....hence he goes elsewhere to borrow arguments. No need to say more! grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Ofemannnu: 2:08pm On May 03, 2019
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Mace0lane: 2:11pm On May 03, 2019
You are a born irritant.

Can you explain why Ojukwu refused to grant NigerDelta freedom but want the same freedom for Biafra ? Seem you have pathetic knowledge of event surrounding your existence.

[s]
duncun:
If Israel could survive the hates coming from your Arab brothers and they are still strong, then why should I bother about some disgruntled elements like you . You sold propaganda to the ss, today they know you more than you know yourself.
Your love for them made your brother(Obasanjo) to fight them instead of giving them what rightfully belongs to them. Their seaports are not functional cos you want the one in your land to generate more revenue for your state. You don't love there brother as president , Yet you're in their land reaping a whopping lump of their resources.
Now you want another turn of presidency to open more seaports and continue your anti policies. You're just a chief deceit.

[/s]
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 03, 2019
BaaleOko:

Have you ever traveled out of your region before? Of course I know the answer to that question already.

What has that got to do with facts and reality? Are other ethnic group in the SW in far greater numbers than Yoruba folks residing in the SE and SS? Just answer the simple question so we can know if you are the typical Igbo that has no respect for honesty and is ready to pull dumb statistics out of his azz just to claim superiority over others.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 03, 2019
duncun:
But yorubas have the birth right to seek an elective position in UK,and US. ryt?.
The question should be what have you done for the igbos? At least they contribute to Lagos economy (of which you may deny it if you wish). If igbos are asking for a position it means they believe they have the number to seek such same way Hausa community will want someone to represent them.
Do yorubas have the number in the east?

The truth will set you free. Igbos are divisive and inherent haters of others. Those qualities will not predispose non-Igbos to accept you as their leader. It is that simple. You make your demand for involvement in Lagos politics a bellicose one and you think the Yorubas, the most accomodating ethnic group in Nigeria , will not begin to tire of that and oppose you? Yes you have the numbers to aspire for Lagos political office but not the trust and goodwill of others you wish to lead. Big, big difference.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Ofemannnu: 2:35pm On May 03, 2019
duncun:
on a neutral playing ground, yorubas will not surpass the igbos on economic and infrastructure growth. The truth is that the Yoruba's hav been positioned better than the igbos post-civill war. That being said, every tribe in nig have traits of being advanced only if we can part peacefully.

On a neutral playing ground should be during regionalism when every region displayed its strength.What did the South Easterners achieve?
Even in the world then and in recent times,the Yorubas still have upper hand economically,educationally,technologically etc.
Let us respect ourselves and come together as partners in development.
We are all great people.
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by duncun: 2:40pm On May 03, 2019
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 03, 2019
Yujin:

Lol. It's like you're confusing the present SW with the one that will remain after the dissolution of the hellhole? The surely aren't going to be the same. Let me leave you and your likes to continue in your delusion.

The talk of an unrepentant hater. Are we landlocked? I don't even need to mention more than that one example, even as I can list 50 easily, to show you are the deluded one for thinking the SW will not fare better, by far, than other regions if Nigeria broke up. You Igbos will have it worse than all others because, aside your physical limitations, you are a difficult, arrogant and intolerant people who will be too bogged down by internal squabbles and power/supremacy battles, like that between MASSOB and IPOB, for you to even have the focus to build a thriving nation.

I think Igbos like you don't look at the reality of how you are as a people people yet you come online with delusions of grandeur about turning your region into Dubai if Nigeria splits. You will then say it is other Nigerians holding you back when all indicators, for realists, indicate Igbo will be refugees seeking to leave the SE if Nigeria splits. You are not fair to yourselves and are very discriminative. In your own nation, you would be each others biggest problems and will not even need external enemies.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by olril17(m): 2:47pm On May 03, 2019
Oshigun:

What has that got to do with facts and reality? Are other ethnic group in the SW in far greater numbers than Yoruba folks residing in the SE and SS? Just answer the simple question so we can know if you are the typical Igbo that has no respect for honesty and is ready to pull dumb statistics out of his azz just to claim superiority over others.
live and let live bro..
stop being dragged in to this petty tribal fight,you are too intelligent for this..
for all this superiority contest,both SW and SE are both suffering d same thing in this country..we are not better of each other..
pls let our education reflect in us,we should not judge igbos with the madt igbos on nairaland..
our leaders have divided us and its sad we their offsprings have continued..
the thread was needless in the first place bro..
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by IkpuMmadu: 2:49pm On May 03, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Yoruba should really be patted on the back. Tinubu in particular should be raised aloft!

We have become the single mainstream power in the South.

Southerners fear and panic over Yoruba...

Una get mouth sha..how many conventional war have you fought !

Get Ilorin and Offa back then we can take you seriously

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by MorufuAtanda: 2:51pm On May 03, 2019
We Yoruba Muslims love chest beating. Yet the rainy season is coming to tear up our brown dilapidated roofs in Ibadan and oshogbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 03, 2019
Ofemannnu:

On a neutral playing ground should be during regionalism when every region displayed its strength.What did the South Easterners achieve?
Even in the world then and in recent times,the Yorubas still have upper hand economically,educationally,technologically etc.
Let us respect ourselves and come together as partners in development.
We are all great people.

Why are you preaching peace and partnership with Igbos? How many chances have they had since independence to respect and join hands with other Nigerians? Instead, at every stage, it is to promote hate, tribalism and division. Secession is a constant obsession with them because they never stop seeing themselves as divine, superior and "ordained" children of God other Nigerians are holding back.

Look at even modern times. All they do is practice politics of hate to the extent a fed-up Joe Igbokwe had to warn them about crying more than the bereaved with how they carried GEJ's loss on their head more than even his SS brothers. The madman Kanu then started shouting Biafra as soon as Jonathan lost and disturbing the peace of Nigeria. Agitation and noise we did not hear when GEJ was in charge and blatantly favouring Igbos like the bigot Stella Oduah who went on a retrenchment drive against Yorubas in her Ministry. So you want us at the mercy of such age-long and unrelenting vindictiveness? Yorubas should stop being naive. It will be our downfall. Igbos will never stop trying to undermine us . It is in their DNA so we need to accept this fact and focus on protecting our own interest in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 03, 2019
olril17:

live and let live bro..
stop being dragged in to this petty tribal fight,you are too intelligent for this..
for all this superiority contest,both SW and SE are both suffering d same thing in this country..we are not better of each other..
pls let our education reflect in us,we should not judge igbos with the madt igbos on nairaland..
our leaders have divided us and its sad we their offsprings have continued..
the thread was needless in the first place bro..

I do live and let live but you can start off a Martin Luther King with a belief in a peaceful approach to gaining solutions. In the end you end up a Malcom X when you realise others take your kindness for weakness and will never stop trying to undermine you until you start protecting yourself proactively. That is what is happening to most Yorubas now. We are refusing , unlike our fathers, to be peaceful and accommodating mugus against people who continue, till this day to take our kindness for weakness.

If the Igbos have it in them , then let them seek to change their obsession of fighting and hating the Yorubas and we will respond in kind. When Kanu said Yorubas should be killed before a Snake the entire SE showed tacit backing for that his hate speech by not condemning it vehemently. Yoruba ronu is my message. We are not the aggressors but folks like me will seek to show others we must also stop being naive to our own detriment. Go and read the biggest display of hatefest ever on Nairaland below courtesy of Igbos. You claim it is Nairaland alone but did Stella Oduah not go on to carry on personal war against Yorubas in her ministry? Abeg bruv, open your eyes.

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by duncun: 3:27pm On May 03, 2019
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by olril17(m): 3:30pm On May 03, 2019
Oshigun:

I do live and let live but you can start off a Martin Luther King with a believe in a peaceful approach to gaining solutions. In the end you end up a Malcom X when you realise others take your kindness for weakness and will never stop trying to undermine you until you start protecting yourself proactively. That is what is happening to most Yorubas now. We are refusing , unlike our fathers, to be peaceful and accommodating mugus against people who continue, till this day to take our kindness for weakness.

If the Igbos have it in them , then let them seek to change their obsession of fighting and hating the Yorubas and we will respond in kind. When Kanu said Yorubas should be killed before a Snake the entire SE showed tacit backing for that his hate speech by not condemning it vehemently. Yoruba ronu is my message. We are not the aggressors but folks like me will seek to show others we must also stop being naive to our own detriment. Go and read the biggest display of hatefest ever on Nairaland below courtesy of Igbos. You claim it is Nairaland alone but did Stella Oduah not go on to carry on personal war against Yorubas in her ministry? Abeg bruv, open your eyes.

I understand you bro...I used to feel like this too until I realised we are not each other's problems but our selfish leaders.

whenever I go to any market,I marvel at the mostly good relationship BTW the igbos and their Yoruba conter-parts.
the igbos and yorubas despite the obvious rivalry has never been engaged in any mere street squabbles or fight..
even you,I know you don't hate the igbos, nor do I think most of these igbos hate yorubas, I just think people are frustrated with this country and just see each other as object of frustration since most of us don't have access to our leaders..

mostly these days I just read and waka pass...you can do the same bro rather than feeding these tribalists...
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by duncun: 3:46pm On May 03, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by BaaleOko: 7:05pm On May 03, 2019
Oshigun:

What has that got to do with facts and reality
? Are other ethnic group in the SW in far greater numbers than Yoruba folks residing in the SE and SS? Just answer the simple question so we can know if you are the typical Igbo that has no respect for honesty and is ready to pull dumb statistics out of his azz just to claim superiority over others.
Enough said, that already explains/confirms your blistering ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Mace0lane: 3:17am On May 04, 2019
Which foolish investment do Igbos have anywhere in Nigeria that other Nigerians do not have in your area or you mean because others don’t beat their chest like baboon the way an average Igbo does translate to them not having investment in your mud enclave ?!
duncun:
You mean niger delta with Abia and imo in it and probably ondo? Olodo
Now that you have accepted you hate them evidently why you don't have any meaningful investments in their land where you steal their resources. Why then do you hate the igbos that have invested all over the country without stealing anyone's resources. Chief deceit

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by duncun: 3:52am On May 04, 2019
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Yujin(m): 5:10am On May 04, 2019
Oshigun:

The talk of an unrepentant hater. Are we landlocked? I don't even need to mention more than that one example, even as I can list 50 easily, to show you are the deluded one for thinking the SW will not fare better, by far, than other regions if Nigeria broke up. You Igbos will have it worse than all others because, aside your physical limitations, you are a difficult, arrogant and intolerant people who will be too bogged down by internal squabbles and power/supremacy battles, like that between MASSOB and IPOB, for you to even have the focus to build a thriving nation.

I think Igbos like you don't look at the reality of how you are as a people people yet you come online with delusions of grandeur about turning your region into Dubai if Nigeria splits. You will then say it is other Nigerians holding you back when all indicators, for realists, indicate Igbo will be refugees seeking to leave the SE if Nigeria splits. You are not fair to yourselves and are very discriminative. In your own nation, you would be each others biggest problems and will not even need external enemies.
I'm certainly not a hater. I do balance my view unless you are with the evil Nigerian government that oppressed my people, then I don't care a hoot about your feelings. Check my history.
Igbos have no physical limitations as you always wished for. Igbos won't be refugees as you think. We shall still travel as we do today but it won't be to your Nigeria. There are other countries of the world who would appreciate our contribution. I don't blame for seeing all negatives when Igbos are mentioned. It is the hatred that has consumed you. The positives we have been scoring despite the wickedness of the Nigerian government is a testament to what will be when we directly control our affairs. This is lost on you and I won't bother to explain any further.
Finally, to buttress my submission on the post you replied, I'll say that the only biggest thing most your likes focus on is Lagos forgetting that she's a conglomeration of the wealth of many nationalities at present. This will cease to be so after the dissolution. You will have your region to to yourselves and invite investors with whom you're at home with. This is not a beans and bread affairs. Oh yes the Yorubas have a good number of technocrats but will politics allow those breed to man the sensitive areas that can make things happen? I'll leave this for you to ponder. Religion also with be a problem from what I see. I've spent more than a decade with Yorubas and have studied the present dynamics. It shall pose a problem. When the time comes you shall understand me better.
As for Igbos, I personally know that the first few years shall be very challenging but we shall weather the storm eventually. We are highly educated with surplus of technocrats, this actually is what gives us hope more than anything else. These quack politicians you see today among us, you'll never see again. No single individual or a cabal can hold Ndigbo to ransom while pillaging our resources. We know our strengths and they are greater than our weaknesses.
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Mace0lane: 6:53am On May 04, 2019
Do your entire tribe have more than okrika shop n fan yogurt bicycle even in Lagos where your population is highest ? Beside Lagos I doubt if any Igbo have money to build boys quarter in any of the SW when una father no won die.

duncun:
olodo have you traveled pass ogbomosho before? Tomorrow you will claim Lagosian 2. Your tribe hav nothing in igbo land apart from tradomedicine they hawk Arnd. You only go to ss to steal their resources and take the money back home. You don't have any meaningful investments across nig yet you love Nigeria more than any other tribe. undecided undecided chief deceit

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28am On May 04, 2019
Yujin:

I'm certainly not a hater. I do balance my view unless you are with the evil Nigerian government that oppressed my people, then I don't care a hoot about your feelings. Check my history.
Igbos have no physical limitations as you always wished for. Igbos won't be refugees as you think. We shall still travel as we do today but it won't be to your Nigeria. There are other countries of the world who would appreciate our contribution. I don't blame for seeing all negatives when Igbos are mentioned. It is the hatred that has consumed you. The positives we have been scoring despite the wickedness of the Nigerian government is a testament to what will be when we directly control our affairs. This is lost on you and I won't bother to explain any further.
Finally, to buttress my submission on the post you replied, I'll say that the only biggest thing most your likes focus on is Lagos forgetting that she's a conglomeration of the wealth of many nationalities at present. This will cease to be so after the dissolution. You will have your region to to yourselves and invite investors with whom you're at home with. This is not a beans and bread affairs. Oh yes the Yorubas have a good number of technocrats but will politics allow those breed to man the sensitive areas that can make things happen? I'll leave this for you to ponder. Religion also with be a problem from what I see. I've spent more than a decade with Yorubas and have studied the present dynamics. It shall pose a problem. When the time comes you shall understand me better.
As for Igbos, I personally know that the first few years shall be very challenging but we shall weather the storm eventually. We are highly educated with surplus of technocrats, this actually is what gives us hope more than anything else. These quack politicians you see today among us, you'll never see again. No single individual or a cabal can hold Ndigbo to ransom while pillaging our resources. We know our strengths and they are greater than our weaknesses.

Why must you guys alway be such deceitful hypocrites happy to portray yourselves as perpetual victims ? the Nigerian Government is "evil and oppressive" when you don't feel a part of it as obtains now under Buhari but an entity you are happy with when well-represented in it as was the case under OBJ and GEJ? All Nigerians now understand you Igbos are not fair-minded and alway blame others for your woes while refusing to take responsibility for your actions that harm others. You simply want to dominate others always, while favouring you and yours, hence the saying Igbo means I go before others. Nigerians now see that Igbos are not a fundamentally equitable people who can be trusted to carry everyone along and look after the interest of others.

This is why you say the above whereas millions of your brothers did not see the Nigerian Government as evil when they felt in charge, by proxy, through GEJ below. This is one thing I dislike about Igbos. Your dishonesty and two-faced approach to life . When something, like Nigerian politics, does not favour you then it is bad and evil. When it does you love it so much you even wish to use it to oppress others. You lot have a long way to go. Yorubas are "betrayers" for giving GEJ over 40% of their vote and Buhari slightly more than that but you guys are not hateful and irredeemable bigots for giving GEJ, a total failure of a President, virtually 100% of your votes in 2015? To call you Igbos unreasonable is putting it mildly.

Mr.Nnamdi Kanu lookalike hypocrite, read the thread below and see if your people thought the Nigerian government was evil and an oppressor of Igbos when your folks felt they had arrived as the new leaders of Nigeria through "Azikiwe" Jonathan..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Yujin(m): 11:18am On May 04, 2019
Oshigun:

Why must you guys alway be such deceitful hypocrites happy to portray yourselves as perpetual victims ? the Nigerian Government is "evil and oppressive" when you don't feel a part of it as obtains now under Buhari but an entity you are happy with when well-represented in it as was the case under OBJ and GEJ? All Nigerians now understand you Igbos are not fair-minded and alway blame others for your woes while refusing to take responsibility for your actions that harm others. You are not a fundamentally equitable people who can be trusted to carry everyone along and look after the interest of others.

This is why you say the above whereas millions of your brothers did not see the Nigerian Government as evil when they felt in charge, by proxy, through GEJ below. This is one thing I dislike about Igbos. Your dishonesty and two-faced approach to life . When something, like Nigerian politics, does not favour you then it is bad and evil. When it does you love it so much you even wish to use it to oppress others. You lot have a long way to go. Yorubas are "betrayers" for giving GEJ over 40% of their vote and Buhari slightly more than that but you guys are not hateful and irredeemable bigots for giving GEJ, a total failure of a President, virtually 100% of your votes in 2015? To call you Igbos unreasonable is putting it mildly.

Mr.Nnamdi Kanu lookalike hypocrite, read the thread below and see if your people thought the Nigerian government was evil and an oppressor of Igbos when your folks felt they had arrived as the new leaders of Nigeria through "Azikiwe" Jonathan..

Lol. I was on Nairaland throughout that time and yet didn't comment on that thread. Check it and see for yourself. Yorubas were not fully represented in my estimate under GEN but were not also excluded. Tinubu sold your highest position(entitlement) that time for party politics. Jonathan was naive but never a total failure like you pointed out. I'm not one that wish people bad in life for no just reason. You can always check my posts. I've been hear for close to 10yrs now and have been consistent with my stance on issues.
Now, contrary to what you said, the issue of Biafra has been on right from the days of OBJ as early as 1999 under MASSOB and even under GEJ, IPOB was vocal and not hidden. Check for threads on IPOB on Nairaland 2014 and you will see them. We are not hypocrites like your likes. GEN was no proxy for Igbos. We only recognized him because he was the one that gave us a sense of belonging after the previous government neglect and abandonment. What fuels the agitation for Biafra is not just politics and economics. Security and justice too is included. The constant killings of Igbos in the north is a big factor too. Do you remember the App Six saga, if you haven't we still do. Their killers have been promoted instead of being incarcerated. You guys joyfully announce that no Igbo man can be Nigerian President- an ethnic group numbering tens of millions yet you nothing wrong with that. Today despite no Igbo have physically attack Yorubas yet you have started complaining of our overbearing attitude whilst calling for our exodus from your land in a supposed one country. Who now is the hypocrite? If the Nigerian government gives everyone equal right and justice, the voices calling for Biafra will fizzle away but we know they won't ever do that because of innate hatred against our natural propensity for development and quality of life which is somewhat farfetched in others. Therefore, our quest for Biafra will never cease until the flag of the rising sun hovers freely in the eastern skies.
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by duncun: 2:30pm On May 04, 2019
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by duncun: 3:15pm On May 04, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC Must Account For N1.3 Trillion Alleged Illegal Deductions, Reps Insist / Rare Picture Of A Normadic Spare Parts Dealer / Its Time For The South South To Pay Back The Southwest What Did To Their Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.