Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria (4777 Views)

If A Yoruba Becomes President / See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president / Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Bighead9: 1:58pm On May 02, 2019
Generalnomercy:

You need psychiatric examination...

Them no born tinubu well.

he should chase Igbos out of Lagos since he has power.

Cry, cry baby. grin
See what the so called Afonja's have reduced Igbo's to. grin grin
Eyah, I dey even pitty una small. grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by nkwuocha: 2:19pm On May 02, 2019
Yorubas again? This tribe wey dey use shit plaster wall?!
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by duncun: 2:38pm On May 02, 2019
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by bjnice(m): 2:54pm On May 02, 2019
Oshigun:

Bro, what example can he produce? Do they even have a Fashola today talk less of oga Tinubu? Tout superiority all the time yet this cannot be proven with real examples and statistics. That is how Igbos roll. With lies and deception. Putting the lies aside, anyone objective would indeed rate the Yorubas highly for being the most accomplished ethnic group in Nigeria yet they remain humble and modest with that factually indisputable reality. The thread below destroyed Igbos permanently because even the laziest Yoruba saw the strength of their kinsmen that talkative Igbos had tried to drown with lies. Every frigging sector Yorubas get on lockdown in Nigeria.

See, most Yorubas do not even have time to beef Igbos because of our easy-going and accommodating nature . Hence the reason Igbos, who will forever hate us because of their civil war loss, have convinced the world , with lies, they are ahead of the Yorubas. Now and then some Yorubas will have their time and put them in their place as happened below and as I do regularly.

Over 300 pages. Igbos create a similar thread to counter that below and it was struggling to even get above 150 pages because the achievement simply did not exist to keep the thread going as was the case for the Yoruba thread. This was with them even listing the same examples several times. I think Igbos just need to shut up, breathe, enjoy being alive and start respecting others instead of waking up daily obsessed with how they can claim superiority over others simply to satisfy their feelings of insecurities and neurosis.

https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe

God will us oh. To me i don't see the reason for the competition of superioty in the first place. I think one of the problem they are facing is lacking what others possess, like amazing culture. Let look forward at how we can build one Nigeria. U can reach through this medium truetalk087@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by duncun: 4:32pm On May 02, 2019
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 02, 2019
bjnice:

God will us oh. To me i don't see the reason for the competition of superioty in the first place. I think one of the problem they are facing is lacking what others possess, like amazing culture. Let look forward at how we can build one Nigeria. U can reach through this medium truetalk087@gmail.com

Truly agree with this. I think Igbos don't know how to be happy and content because of their cultural indoctrination and limitation. When a culture dictates you are only better than others if richer than them, then you become a slave to materialism and the superficiality that is ruining the world today. Better to try and develop yourself spiritually and emotionally. Everything else can then come naturally. This is what Yorubas do better than Igbos in my opinion.
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by duncun: 5:02pm On May 02, 2019
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Mace0lane: 5:06pm On May 02, 2019
Coming from a dead brain Igbo I will gladly pass.
Donelli:

Most times when stuff don't make sense to a person, it could be that the person in question has no sense and not the stuff.

Check yourself well
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Mace0lane: 5:08pm On May 02, 2019
Isn’t this a foolish comment ?! If Yorubas can not surpass Igbos economic n infrastructure wise how come they have always had the edge even before the war n till now ? Every tribe can be best at anytime n that can only be determined by the ingenuity of their leaders not any ounce of igboness or whatever bigotry you have to argue over.

duncun:
on a neutral playing ground, yorubas will not surpass the igbos on economic and infrastructure growth. The truth is that the Yoruba's hav been positioned better than the igbos post-civill war. That being said, every tribe in nig have traits of being advanced only if we can part peacefully.
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Mace0lane: 5:22pm On May 02, 2019
No tribe hate on Igbo it is Igbo that hate on every other tribe that is why amongbthe over 100 ethnic tribes in Nigeria is it only Igbo that claim Hausa Fulani Yoruba Ikwerre Malaysian Singaporeans Chinese South Africans Arabs n many other hate they for no reason.

The assertion that Igbos are hated by Igbo is an exceedingly foolish n completely senseless one. Igbos are hated but you’d find Igbos employed by virtually every state ministry. Now tell me how many Hausa Yoruba Fulani n other are employed by Imo Enugu Anambra Ebonyi n Abia State ?

The truth is no one hate Igbos, it is Igbos that hate other Nigerians because they dare to stand up to your foolish excesses. Imagine Igbo demanding commissioner slot in Lagos, imagine fighting for state of residence instead of state of origin. Tell me if any of the cases stated above do not favor Igbo would they fight for such on behalf of others ?

The Igbo I know is a selfish cunny mischievous set of humans. I can go on n on but the more I expose the more you think I have a problem with Igbos but no I do not. I only have problem with people like you that make Igbo look like saints but we know no one is a saint n no tribe among Hausa Fulani Yoruba n Igbo can be absolve of why Nigeria is where it is today.

duncun:
Your assumptions are wrong, igbos are not taught to supercede others ,rather igbos believe in not being dependent on any man which is the reason you see them go through gov deprivation and various recessions and still strong . If the world had done what you just stated up here, then you wouldn't have a better world today. The like of America,UK Germany and a host of others fought for a better world we have today.

Ask your self why do some tribe hate on igbos?
I'll like to hear your answer too.

The only crime igbos have committed in Nigeria is that they want to do something(work,business) at any time to better their life.
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by gatiano(m): 5:23pm On May 02, 2019
There is no difference between the Igbo, Yoruba, Bini, Hausa, Fulani etc. Each were given a specific duty to ensure the safety of their people until the end of evil rulership or devil's world. Each and every tribe did a wonderful job; Each of them kept and save guard the powerful relics under their care. Each of them kept the secret of God, and God's knowledge and wisdom a secret as they swore to do. I am exceedingly proud to be a Blackman, I am happy to have known Our Igbo People, Yoruba People, Hausa People, Fulani People, Ijaw People, and Few Other Tribe/Nation of Black People. I seriously I'm grateful to My Elleda, Asheda, My Asheda just came to the world to get some experiences, and My door way to this world, this devil's world which has ended is The Yoruba Nation.
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by plaetton: 5:46pm On May 02, 2019
Donelli:
In retrospect, I have considered my many years of interaction in the SW and I see a recurring factor. Yorubas claim Igbos are chestbeaters but they are usually prone to tooting their own tiny horns.

To an Igbo man, it's all about trying new things (or old things in new ways/places), blazing the trail and letting the results speak for themselves. The typical Yoruba on the other hand, always wanting to measure d1cks, will struggle to prove he can do thesame...funny thing is, the people you're TRYING to compete with don't even do you the honor of seeing you as worthy competition. We Igbos, knowing our innate capacity among ourselves, consider each other a potential competition, better still, the Asians, Europeans and Americans.

If you check closely, it's this need to measure up and not feel left behind in the scheme of things that brings about these weightless attacks on the Igbos.

In their lack of better argument, they find reprieve in the belief that an Igbo man will never be president in Nigeria. grin

A million likes.
I couldn't have said it better without offending anyone. So succinct. You captured it perfectly.

What I wish all those Igbophobes would realize is that the average Igbo person does not compete with anyone.We compete with ourselves towards the goals we set for ourselves.
Anyone who thinks he or she is competing with Igbos, whether in academics, business or other enterprises, is deluding themselves. The Igbo person is so obsessed with his own personal goals that he has no time to look sideways or backwards.
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Banmeallday: 5:51pm On May 02, 2019
Crayola1:
The grand prize is to be the most powerful group in "Nigeria". Is that a prize or a curse? I rather be powerless in South Korea, at least they have light and clean water grin

Of course you know a 16 year old whose teachers have not been paid created this thread. 70% of Oduduwa has since been annexed by Arewa Islamist, 70% of Oduduwa towns are still the exact same as they were 60 years ago, and this chap is claiming “powerful of the South”.

Yeah, powerful in backstabbing and throwing parties and jealousing and chasing babes and doing jazz and flocking to jazz pastors, and well, lets not begin the whole name calling.....

Just to say, much to do about nothing....

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by duncun: 11:30pm On May 02, 2019
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by MetaPhysical: 12:21am On May 03, 2019
duncun:
Your brother was about selling an assumption that will end up in the minds of gullibles as the truth so i had to put it to end quickly cos we've seen enough of that propaganda already.

I never claimed every tribe hates igbos(go back and check my post) and if you think yorubas don't hate some tribes and vice versa then you're being deceitful.

Your assumption(propaganda) that it's the igbos that hated others is a bitter lie . Igbos moved on post-civill war, mixed up with other tribes but some tribes may have wished they didn't recover fast from their lost.

We have igbo and yoruba MPs in UK and US, what is wrong with Igbos demanding for post in their state of residence. Why would they even demand for it if they hated their state of residence.

Why are you asking for cabinet post in Lagos?

What rights entitles Ibo to be a cabinet member in Lagos government?
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by duncun: 12:52am On May 03, 2019
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by MetaPhysical: 1:15am On May 03, 2019
duncun:
Are you saying they ought not to ask or they are not entitled for it? Cos I don't get your q

Ibo has no birthright to any elective office in Lagos. Not even an appointment into any State Executive office.

What have you done for Yoruba in your region?
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by BaaleOko: 1:27am On May 03, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Ibo has no birthright to any elective office in Lagos. Not even an appointment into any State Executive office.

What have you done for Yoruba in your region?

I'm Igbo from the SS, there are so many yirubas living and working in immediate communities,and my state at large...they will soon get the message...vacate our region,oil companies etc and go to your region. At least we are all been honest on how to approach the Nigerian factor once and for all.
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by MetaPhysical: 1:52am On May 03, 2019
BaaleOko:

I'm Igbo from the SS, there are so many yirubas living and working in immediate communities,and my state at large...they will soon get the message...vacate our region,oil companies etc and go to your region. At least we are all been honest on how to approach the Nigerian factor once and for all.

Thats your headache, not ours.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10am On May 03, 2019
BaaleOko:

You guys and your dumb talk. How many Yorubas are in your region compared to your folks residing in the SW? Your empty nonsense would be similar to Nigeria challenging England to a deportation contest. Who loses out?
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by duncun: 3:49am On May 03, 2019
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Mace0lane: 3:57am On May 03, 2019
Which state in the East don’t you have Yoruba Hausa n Fulani ?! How many post have your igbotic fathers from 1960 till date given to any of those for you to demand what you do not give ?!

duncun:
Your brother was about selling an assumption that will end up in the minds of gullibles as the truth so i had to put it to end quickly cos we've seen enough of that propaganda already.

I never claimed every tribe hates igbos(go back and check my post) and if you think yorubas don't hate some tribes and vice versa then you're being deceitful.

Your assumption(propaganda) that it's the igbos that hated others is a bitter lie . Igbos moved on post-civill war, mixed up with other tribes but some tribes may have wished they didn't recover fast from their lost.

We have igbo and yoruba MPs in UK and US, what is wrong with Igbos demanding for post in their state of residence. Why would they even demand for it if they hated their state of residence.

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by duncun: 4:11am On May 03, 2019
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Chinashopping84: 4:12am On May 03, 2019
In every area
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by duncun: 4:23am On May 03, 2019

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 4:42am On May 03, 2019
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Mace0lane: 4:57am On May 03, 2019
If they have the number let them go get the slot n stop your foolish wailing on NL.

When foolish Igbos argue I should support their cause n fight for Biafra on their behalf I am mystified n be like will your igbotic father be paying me for fighting for your cause or you are just born stupid ?

I mean did Ethiopia went to war to set Eritrea free or are Igbos just foolish n stupid to demand Nigerians should wage war on itself to set Igbo free ?! How someone can reason so foolishly with many of his kinsmen thinking that is logical shows how foolish a tribe can be. This is how some foolish ones believe Awo should be feeding them while they wage a war on his country.

Many people on NL are drop dead foolish in reasoning, understanding n critical thinking.
duncun:
Igbos ask for an elective position in Lagos cos they believe they have the number, now if yorubas have the number they are free to ask for it. You can't blame it on the igbos for having the number same way you deprived them from voting. No yoruba or Hausa have been deprived voting in the east.

If you're obsessed with the number they have in your region, simply support their agitation to leave so you can have your electoral process devoid of them

Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Yujin(m): 5:17am On May 03, 2019
Oshigun:

Bruv, listen to yourself. Where are Yorubas not adequately and admirably represented for you to even remain talking. Richest African is from the core North and the region suffers from poverty yet are you intelligent enough to see what is obvious and how Yorubas are a people God blessed with natural elegance? In the list of ten richest Nigerians you will find Yorubas dominant. Still we have made our region the most equitable and fulfilling for any Nigerian to live in. Universally accepted fact. Everything, in an effed-up nation, is showing the understated talent of the Yoruba people because we are still the gold and definitive standard of everything good and positive about Nigeria no one has bettered. Unless you want to remain arguing with universally accepted statistics and facts. I will remind you to understand you do not look good when you cannot face basic truth and reality.

http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS7879.htm

Lol. It's like you're confusing the present SW with the one that will remain after the dissolution of the hellhole? The surely aren't going to be the same. Let me leave you and your likes to continue in your delusion.
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by duncun: 5:35am On May 03, 2019
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by Mace0lane: 6:09am On May 03, 2019
Nothing eat up greater than a bunch of lunatic that claim Hausa Fulani Yoruba Ikwerre South Africans Malaysian Singaporeans Arabs Chinese Indians n many more hate them just because they are lost fools from Israel.

duncun:
You're so much in pains and it's eating you up already.lol
Re: Yoruba Becomes The Single Most Powerful Group In Southern Nigeria by BaaleOko: 6:58am On May 03, 2019
Oshigun:

You guys and your dumb talk. How many Yorubas are in your region compared to your folks residing in the SW? Your empty nonsense would be similar to Nigeria challenging England to a deportation contest. Who loses out?
Have you ever traveled out of your region before? Of course I know the answer to that question already.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dear South East, A Stitch In Time Saves Nine. / Just Confirmed: Good News For The Incoming President Of Nigeria Come May 2023! / "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.