Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

NIS Deploys Tech, Mobile Patrols To Guard Porous Borders, Registering Migrants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIS Deploys Tech, Mobile Patrols To Guard Porous Borders, Registering Migrants (9137 Views)

Prince Arthur Eze Rides Bicycle While His Security Men Run To Guard Him (Video) / The Jihadist Terrorists Have Brought In Their Weapons Throug Your Porous Borders / Lockdown: Umahi Suspends Commissioner, Perm Sec, Others Over ‘porous’ Boundaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIS Deploys Tech, Mobile Patrols To Guard Porous Borders, Registering Migrants by Blue3k(m): 9:51pm On Apr 07, 2019
bendike:

I did not bother reading why you commend buhari.
I will read when you commend buhari for listening and acting on the cries of Nigerians on the open, wanton corruption in the NIS concerning the renewal and issuing of Nigerian international passports.
Why is our passport booklets scarce and 3 times the official price?

Walllow in your ignorance then. If you cant give credit when due. Tell me what previous administration that was better.

I already criticized those thing go to the thread. Booklets are scarce because agency said they import them and corrupt officials at bottom. Eliminate cash from process and cut out legion leaches things like that won't happen.
Re: NIS Deploys Tech, Mobile Patrols To Guard Porous Borders, Registering Migrants by Just2endowed2(m): 9:53pm On Apr 07, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
The border in the whole of Northern Nigeria is unmanned or very porous.

However, there is heavy presence of security operatives from Badagry to Cross Rivers (southern border).

This is the irony of the whole thing. There is no border control in the north. It's only in the south that you will be seeing them asking and taking bribe from immigrants. This country is cursed and useless full of bias. Is it not in this country that a northern governor load food stuff in a lorry and went to donate to his people in Niger Republic? Is it not in this useless country that a presidential campaign team in the northern brought in illegal immigrants from Niger to come help them campaign during last election? Nigerians, don't be a fool, this cursed country is an animal farm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIS Deploys Tech, Mobile Patrols To Guard Porous Borders, Registering Migrants by AngelicBeing: 9:57pm On Apr 07, 2019
Amuocha:
Cheaper to build walls.

Sai Trump
Lol tongue
Re: NIS Deploys Tech, Mobile Patrols To Guard Porous Borders, Registering Migrants by bendike: 10:06pm On Apr 07, 2019
Blue3k:

Walllow in your ignorance then. If you cant give credit when due. Tell me what previous administration that was better.

I already criticized those thing go to the thread. Booklets are scarce because agency said they import them and corrupt officials at bottom. Eliminate cash from process and cut out legion leaches things like that won't happen.
Ignorance? Such big words for you.
Well. When you mention NIS the first thing that comes to mind is international passport. I still insist that is the most shameful and openingly glaring instance of corruption in a government that claims to be fighting corruption. It affects us all. There has been a recent uproar about it even on nairaland. Not even a mention or response by government.
It affects us all.
Watin concern me with dogs and boarder? Probably you don't stay in Nigeria.
Re: NIS Deploys Tech, Mobile Patrols To Guard Porous Borders, Registering Migrants by Blue3k(m): 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2019
bendike:

Ignorance? Such big words for you.
Well. When you mention NIS the first thing that comes to mind is international passport. I still insist that is the most shameful and openingly glaring instance of corruption in a government that claims to be fighting corruption. It affects us all. There has been a recent uproar about it even on nairaland. Not even a mention or response by government.
It affects us all.
Watin concern me with dogs and boarder? Probably you don't stay in Nigeria.

Lol I asked you a simple question and you start rambling. The border issue concerned you enough to whine about giving Buhari credit. Border security should concern you because aliens violate laws like smuggling drugs, weapons and other illicit activities. They also work with permits.

Ok we dont disagree about the passport issue. Thats an issue that needs to be addressed. Listen give credit and blame when due.
Re: NIS Deploys Tech, Mobile Patrols To Guard Porous Borders, Registering Migrants by Emanodimo(m): 10:20pm On Apr 07, 2019
Mutemenot:
Come carry those ones at Lagos airport, they should be posted to Borno

Bros, e be like say the ones at the airport don vex u.

���...

NIS can only prove its effectiveness to control border crime not illegal migrants.

If NIS is ready, let the agency sample Borno, Adamawa & Kano as a case study....Let see how far they can differentiate Hausa in Niger, Chad and Cameroun from the one in Nigeria. . ..
Re: NIS Deploys Tech, Mobile Patrols To Guard Porous Borders, Registering Migrants by Emanodimo(m): 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2019
NIS can only prove its effectiveness to control border crime not illegal migrants.

If NIS is ready, let the agency sample Borno, Adamawa & Kano as a case study....Let see how far they can differentiate Hausa in Niger, Chad and Cameroun from the one in Nigeria. . ..
Re: NIS Deploys Tech, Mobile Patrols To Guard Porous Borders, Registering Migrants by bendike: 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2019
Blue3k:

Lol I asked you a simple question and you start rambling. The border issue concerned you enough to whine about giving Buhari credit. Border security should concern you because aliens violate laws like smuggling drugs, weapons and other illicit activities. They also work with permits.

Ok we dont disagree about the passport issue. Thats an issue that needs to be addressed. Listen give credit and blame when due.
Rambling?
OK.
Re: NIS Deploys Tech, Mobile Patrols To Guard Porous Borders, Registering Migrants by Ttipsy(f): 10:32pm On Apr 07, 2019
Northern borders need serious attention
Re: NIS Deploys Tech, Mobile Patrols To Guard Porous Borders, Registering Migrants by Celsony: 11:09pm On Apr 07, 2019

Re: NIS Deploys Tech, Mobile Patrols To Guard Porous Borders, Registering Migrants by Gucciboss: 8:39am On Apr 08, 2019
Blue3k:

Registrating migrants makes their job easier. The reporting requirements also make sure they dont move around too essily. It also helps to know if its same person coming back under fake name if you have biometric information. Lol They are starting to take their jobs more seriously after Ghana deported hundreads of Nigerians.
Well, it is good that they are registering them. At least it's a first step forward. But I still maintain that illegal immigrants should be rounded up and sent back to their home countries. Anything less than that is unacceptable.
Re: NIS Deploys Tech, Mobile Patrols To Guard Porous Borders, Registering Migrants by bskyb(m): 1:39pm On Apr 09, 2019
Blue3k:

Lol decades foreal? Its weird both of you witnessed opposite occurrences. Im guessing the one of you saw people coming in illegally. I guess the should step up patrol along with other security sector reforms.

You may have noticed that he stated "when I was in Sokoto", that means he departed Sokoto a while ago. I am presently in Sokoto. I hope that explains the difference in our experiences

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ortom: Nigeria Not Well, Don’t Deceive Yourself / Traders Decry Activities Of Touts In Anambra / Kofi Annan, Cautioned Jonathan Against Arresting Protest Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.