Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? (11071 Views)

Poll: Which Ethnic Group Below Is Yours? (PM me to add more to the list)

Ibo: 37% (75 votes)
Hausa: 3% (7 votes)
Fulani: 1% (4 votes)
Edo: 10% (22 votes)
Ijaw: 3% (7 votes)
Yoruba: 29% (60 votes)
Urhobo: 1% (3 votes)
Itsekiri: 0% (0 votes)
Isoko: 1% (3 votes)
Kwale: 0% (0 votes)
Ikwerre: 0% (1 vote)
African (not Nigerian): 1% (4 votes)
Non-African: 2% (6 votes)
Efik: 0% (1 vote)
Ibibio: 2% (6 votes)
Kalabari: 0% (1 vote)
Kanuri: 0% (1 vote)
Qua: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. / Hausas And Islam / Why Are The Hausas And Fulanis Co-joined In One Tribe - Hausa/fulani? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by prettyH(f): 11:35pm On Jan 20, 2006
Why are people touchy over NL issues?
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by WesleyanA(f): 11:54pm On Jan 20, 2006
naijadiva, you're ibo right?
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by lexyflexy(m): 11:57am On Jan 21, 2006
@ naijadiva .... that is not as important as doing the most important and crucially needed I have done.... I have made my points clear and thats more importants..... Mr. Admin will take care of that himself..........Kappish!
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by DoubleRevv(m): 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2006
who delivers 11 times out of 10:
DoubleRevv.

who says such rubbish.
A Yoruba man-who is most importantly a Nigerian.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Idekeson(m): 7:25pm On Jan 21, 2006
It's Igbo and not Ibo. Thanks a lot for the correction.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Idekeson(m): 7:43pm On Jan 21, 2006
Virozuru, I understand your loyalty to the Igbo nation but I don't subscribe to your view that the Yoruba's think they're any better than the Igbos by any measuring standard. There might be resentments on the Igboman's dogged approach to success but any Yorubaman that actually believes he is better than an Igboman is simply delusional.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by lexyflexy(m): 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2006
I wonder o. Must people go to that ectent all because they feel cheated one way or the other, in the name of trying to make their points clear.....

And do make her understanding her trying to make things sound so controversial will not bring peace or make things work like they ought to.

How would someone discover a mistake (if I may call it that) and dtill tend to make things more erronous.... its devastating and too wrong.....
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by naijadiva: 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2006
Yes, I'm Igbo, but does that matter? And lexyflexy, I'm not clear on the point you're trying to make. What are you saying?
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by lexyflexy(m): 12:32pm On Jan 23, 2006
what you don't understand is there in my last post.....Kappish
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 6:52pm On Jan 23, 2006
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Kokscity(m): 7:01pm On Jan 23, 2006
@ZURU,

Girl i see you are on fire. Now NL please back up, the girl has got something to say. Damn!!!!!
Zuru u do not like Yoruba's abi? Well hey! it is a forum right? Go ahead and express your self. Speak your mind!! I am not Igbo, and i am not sure if there is a rivalry or you guys just have unsettled beef. But i could not help but notice that you are not mixing your words.

I like a woman with some fire in her belly. PREACH......
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 7:10pm On Jan 23, 2006
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by prettyH(f): 7:53pm On Jan 23, 2006
virozuru:

what do you mean by"dogged approach to success?" if anything, we are quite honest in our work; we work every hard to get what we want honestly. Unlike the Yorubas, however, who have to fraud the government to get money. Its typical, where they Yorubas relax and get paid lots of money, while the Igbos toil and suffer. As for delusional, there are a whole lot of damn Yorubas that are delusional!

Pls let us hear . Its just unfortunate, the igbo's have not been priviledged to have the same opportunity because they would also defraud the government. Just a typical igbo , always complaining bout the flaws of the Yorubas as if they are saints themselves.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 8:12pm On Jan 23, 2006
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Kokscity(m): 10:18pm On Jan 23, 2006
Whoaaaaaaaa

IT IS GETTING HURT IN HEEREE!!!!!

ZURU CALM DOWN.........
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by goodguy(m): 10:36pm On Jan 23, 2006
...And they say goodguy is 'touchy' and too 'sensitive' tongue

I wonder why we're arguing here in the first place. The topic at hand only requires that we should identify which ethnic group we belong to.

@Virozuru, there are also errors in some of your posts. If you don't know how to respond to lexyflexy's post, then don't post at all, instead of trying to bring out the grammatical errors in his post.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by ocho(f): 10:56pm On Jan 23, 2006
goodguy:

I wonder why we're arguing here in the first place. The topic at hand only requires that we should identify which ethnic group we belong to.
i thought so too.
haba people, all this is really unneccessary.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 10:58pm On Jan 23, 2006
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Z4M4eva(f): 10:59pm On Jan 23, 2006
Gosh...I am LMFAO 'ere! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 11:01pm On Jan 23, 2006
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by ocho(f): 11:03pm On Jan 23, 2006
hewwwww. what is this thread turning into ooooooo cry
Viz: i know but for peace to reign, let this matter rest, abeg. sad
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Kokscity(m): 11:03pm On Jan 23, 2006
@ Victoria

"Strong Words"
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 11:05pm On Jan 23, 2006
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Hotstepper(f): 6:12pm On Feb 07, 2006
am igbo anyday anytime..100 percent anambra gurl and 100 percent nnewi gurl(grest town of great ppl starting with ojukwu)
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by vichel(m): 8:10pm On Feb 07, 2006
I am from Delta state, the people known as Delta Ibos. My mom is from Idumuje Unor, and my dad is from onitscha Ukwu. and i love where i come from. I regard my self as Ibo or Igbo
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 8:20pm On Feb 07, 2006
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by lexyflexy(m): 5:55pm On Feb 09, 2006
I have long been awaiting that time when Seun will give a release to this Topic for replies. The last time I read from this Topic, Mr. Admin, blocked every means through which replies could be made....

As a young man, I believe onething, there is always a right time for every wrong deed, and thats what am here to make seen.

I am making this post for the sake of a girl who thinks she can tongue-lash everyone and then feel everything is alright, or nothing seems wrong for doing such. there is an old saying that reads:- "if it will take you stepping on the toes of others to make things right you have to."

I have been on the Land for a while now. I have heard from people and read peoples post and comments on issues and on that ground, onething stands; and that is the ability of seeing our mistakes, correcting them amicably.

Onething that still keeps many on the Land is just the spirit of accepint our mistakes (for those who are still in) and see to improvements in everything we do or steps we take.

As a young man (also as an African), it is a TABOO to throw words at a man, no matter of the size heights, grounds or status. And it will always be as long as Africa and its occupants are still in existence.

Virozuru, you really should be thankful. I heard more than this to share, but had to let things slide due to talks from those around me, most especially my Mentor.

I can't imagine you looking out for my typographical errors when all hands are on deck for an issue more crucial.....

Quote from: lexyflexy on January 21, 2006, 08:53 PM
I wonder o. Must people go to that extent all because they feel cheated one way or the other, in the name of trying to make their points clear.....

And do make her understanding her trying to make things sound so controversial will not bring peace or make things work like they ought to.

How would someone discover a mistake (if I may call it that) and still tend to make things more erronous.... its devastating and too wrong.....

I hope you weren't referring to me, because if you are, can you clarify yourself? You have also made a lot of grammatical and spelling errors as well. If those could be corrected, maybe I'll understand you better.

If you think you ae very good at pointing out typos, I bet you; I will beat you hands down on that....

Let me make this known to you, its always very unusual for me taking up a girl this serious when I should be giving you  frivolous attentions. But I have to so as to make you understand onething:- THOSE WHO LIVE IN GLASS HOUSES DON'T THROW STONES.

Let me make myself clear on this note. if you think the best thing to do is to throw words, most especially looking out for mistakes, then you are sure going to find things un-easy to cope with.

In words, don't raise dust over issues that should be neglected.

LEXYflexy
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Outkast(f): 2:42am On Feb 10, 2006
I'm really going to start crying now, I think enough is enough now, like seriously.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Scorpio(f): 3:49am On Feb 10, 2006
Outkast, pls o...don't cry cheesy cheesy
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 4:43am On Feb 10, 2006
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by lexyflexy(m): 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2006
@ virozuru ..... its always the rule of once beaten twice shy.... I shall rest my case..... but remember: if anybody wronged you first, its the person's fault, but if wronged the second time, then its your fault....
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 4:08pm On Feb 10, 2006

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arochukwu Disobedience. / Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 / Ethiopian Would Like To Know More About The Nigerian Culture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.