Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? (11070 Views)

Poll: Which Ethnic Group Below Is Yours? (PM me to add more to the list)

Ibo: 37% (75 votes)
Hausa: 3% (7 votes)
Fulani: 1% (4 votes)
Edo: 10% (22 votes)
Ijaw: 3% (7 votes)
Yoruba: 29% (60 votes)
Urhobo: 1% (3 votes)
Itsekiri: 0% (0 votes)
Isoko: 1% (3 votes)
Kwale: 0% (0 votes)
Ikwerre: 0% (1 vote)
African (not Nigerian): 1% (4 votes)
Non-African: 2% (6 votes)
Efik: 0% (1 vote)
Ibibio: 2% (6 votes)
Kalabari: 0% (1 vote)
Kanuri: 0% (1 vote)
Qua: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. / Hausas And Islam / Why Are The Hausas And Fulanis Co-joined In One Tribe - Hausa/fulani? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by kizzy(f): 4:49am On Jan 15, 2006
no offence but EDO peeps do they speak igbo??
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by larger20(m): 4:51am On Jan 15, 2006
some parts......
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Scorpio(f): 4:52am On Jan 15, 2006
no we don't speak Igbo.N which parts are ya talkin about Larger_20?
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Freewilly(f): 4:55am On Jan 15, 2006
Kizzy, you are so right you hit the nail on the head my sister. I have been saying the same thing all day about the Yoruba people thinking the know every thing.I'm new to nairaland and it's starting to look like this forum is one big Yoruba outing.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Missworld(f): 6:47am On Jan 15, 2006
Which tribe did I come from again? na igbo ooooooo. Igbo kwenu! Mua nu! zua nu! Ndi igbo si na egbe belu, ugo belu nke si ibe ya ebena nku kwopu ya. Igbo ebelugo ka ibe ya, udo wee dikwazia soooooooooo,Igbo ekene m unu ooooooooo!
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by DarkNight1(m): 7:28am On Jan 15, 2006
Yaal have got major issues.
Seun asked a simple question - and you see how the "typical" Nigerian reacts... I am this and I am that... 'all LABELS'...if everyone wants to be "G*Damned (allow my frustration please) anal about where the hell they are from, then Put a freaking sign up on your head.

It was a simple question.
And what do you get...Yoruba this, Igbo that............ Its all geography people.
Funny enough, its the same discourse that has Country gripped by the nutz.

Kudo's to all who belive in simplicity. Enough with the streotypes

You aint nothing if you aint making another person's life better. Me, I am nigerian and that's it. I aint fitting into no one's Box (label...for those who aint got the working's of the metaphor). nuff said.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by IAH(f): 8:10am On Jan 15, 2006
I is a Yoruba! We rock! kiss kiss kiss kiss Please can I get someone here to tattoo the word "Yoruba" on my forehead?
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by ocho(f): 8:48am On Jan 15, 2006
dark night: ok, ok! u did make a good point but you still haven't answered the question though, so where are u from?
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by otokx(m): 10:56am On Jan 15, 2006
my dad is urhobo, my mom is isoko but my dad's mom is itsekiri and her husband speaks itsekiri as well as ijaw and illaje fluently. in any case i am from delta state but i have lived more than 15 years amongst the ikwerres in Choba, Rivers State.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by ababoy1(m): 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2006
So this is 'condescending'. No matter what you do, someone will complain.

This is a pointless topic, and it is in danger of turning into the very thing it was supposedly meant to curb. There is no need to defuse any allegation. You can always perceive tribalism from statements made by those who are of such mind. And no matter how hard one tries, it can’t be wished away. The Igbos should and are big enough to understand this and move on.

Once again I think that a topic like this is very patronising, even if the intentions are real.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by nferyn(m): 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2006
I want to see the results of this poll, but I can't vote because, as I'm not Nigerian, none of the labels apply. Can I choose Edo, as my wife is?
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by kenflavor(m): 1:11pm On Jan 15, 2006
nferyn, Please do. On NL u should be able to represent your wifey.

@Ababoy1, I agree with u man
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by snazzydawn(f): 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2006
this topic is very unnecessary!!!the reason why the Yorubas are more visible is because they speak their language!!!well,I really don't see why anybody should feel segregated,if you want to be noticed,speak your language!!!
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by nferyn(m): 4:06pm On Jan 15, 2006
kenflavor:

nferyn, Please do. On NL u should be able to represent your wifey.

If only she wasn't so affraid of computers undecided

Could all the Edo and Yoruba people that are into their history have a look at this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-5002.0.html
anyone who help me further will receive much praise wink
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by kizzy(f): 4:47pm On Jan 15, 2006
yoruba peeps r just 2 FULL of themselves angry (dnt mean 2 be rude grin) so dnt get me wrong its just da plain truth grin

like i said b4 i like all kinda tribes dnt matter who u r or where u're from we all humans wink
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Z4M4eva(f): 4:49pm On Jan 15, 2006
kizzy:

yoruba peeps r just 2 FULL of themselves angry (dnt mean 2 be rude grin) so dnt get me wrong its just da plain truth grin

Aint getting you wrong hun...but it's like the second or third time you said that now? rolleyes cheesy
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by kizzy(f): 4:49pm On Jan 15, 2006
i know just makin sure wink
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by kizzy(f): 4:50pm On Jan 15, 2006
and by da way u igbo?
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Z4M4eva(f): 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2006
kizzy:

i know just makin sure wink

Alright

kizzy:

and by da way u igbo?

No cheesy
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by snazzydawn(f): 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2006
so,making one's presence felt by using his/her language is interpreted as being full of one's self?This is not soooo!!!if you also want to be recognised,speak your language!!!Like I said earlier on,this is a really sensitive topic and it could cause untold friction in NL.I don't like it at all!!!are we just becoming suddenly aware of our ethnicity?please.........
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Seun(m): 4:59pm On Jan 15, 2006
Perhaps the Yorubas are more noticeable because I am obviously one (based on my name) and Hot-angel and Nike and Layi and Goodguy and all the other top posters except Nferyn and Snazzydawn.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by snazzydawn(f): 5:23pm On Jan 15, 2006
true,if I want to make igbos and Efiks popular too on NL,its very simple-------------I will speak it!!!I don't know whay people are feeling segregated.If you feel so,then make your "tribe" known!!!enough of this bla bla,we are all one!!!
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by goodguy(m): 5:47pm On Jan 15, 2006
Have you all noticed that it is the Igbos contributing on this thread that are discriminating against the yorubas?
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by snazzydawn(f): 5:53pm On Jan 15, 2006
@ goodguy,am I discriminating against anyone?I see people first as my brothers and sisters.Where you come from is really inconsequential!!!besides,I am dating a Yoruba guy,and we might just go down the aisle soon!!! wink
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Z4M4eva(f): 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2006
Best Wishes Snazzy smiley
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 5:58pm On Jan 15, 2006
goodguy:

Have you all noticed that it is the Igbos contributing on this thread that are discriminating against the yorubas?

so much for calling igbos sh!t huh?

@snazzy: best of luck, and i mean that from the botton of my heart.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by goodguy(m): 6:17pm On Jan 15, 2006
snazzydawn:

@ goodguy,am I discriminating against anyone?I see people first as my brothers and sisters.Where you come from is really inconsequential!!!besides,I am dating a Yoruba guy,and we might just go down the aisle soon!!! wink
Actually, I wasn't referring to you. wink They know themselves.

virozuru:

so much for calling igbos sh!t huh?
I was kidding when I said that, and I already apologized.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 7:31pm On Jan 15, 2006
goodguy:

Actually, I wasn't referring to you. wink They know themselves.
I was kidding when I said that, and I already apologized.

rolleyes rolleyes rolleyesstill on these personal attacks, huh? grin grin
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by ldollier(f): 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2006
just watching the result of the polls. shocked
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by LoverBwoy(m): 8:30pm On Jan 15, 2006
, Me dnt give a fuk anyway because i know when i get back i'll be spending the Naira!!!
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Advin(m): 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2006
Seun, your poll does not include Ibibio and Efik.
Why?
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by icingbaby(f): 10:39pm On Jan 15, 2006
Edo babe 4 sure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? / Arochukwu Disobedience. / Deji Of Akure Dies At 63

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.