Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? (11072 Views)

Poll: Which Ethnic Group Below Is Yours? (PM me to add more to the list)

Ibo: 37% (75 votes)
Hausa: 3% (7 votes)
Fulani: 1% (4 votes)
Edo: 10% (22 votes)
Ijaw: 3% (7 votes)
Yoruba: 29% (60 votes)
Urhobo: 1% (3 votes)
Itsekiri: 0% (0 votes)
Isoko: 1% (3 votes)
Kwale: 0% (0 votes)
Ikwerre: 0% (1 vote)
African (not Nigerian): 1% (4 votes)
Non-African: 2% (6 votes)
Efik: 0% (1 vote)
Ibibio: 2% (6 votes)
Kalabari: 0% (1 vote)
Kanuri: 0% (1 vote)
Qua: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

The Tom And Jerry Relationship Between The Igbos And Yorubas. / Hausas And Islam / Why Are The Hausas And Fulanis Co-joined In One Tribe - Hausa/fulani? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Outkast(f): 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2006
Una e don do ooh!abeg
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 4:16pm On Feb 10, 2006
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by lexyflexy(m): 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2006
Virozuru,
If not for the fact that your were thought guilty, what might have made you think I was refering to your out of all making and reply to posts?

virozuru (f)

Re: Where Are The Ibos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas?
« #105 on: January 23, 2006, 06:52 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Idekeson on January 21, 2006, 07:43 PM
Virozuru, I understand your loyalty to the Igbo nation but I don't subscribe to your view that the Yoruba's think they're any better than the Igbos by any measuring standard. There might be resentments on the Igboman's dogged approach to success but any Yorubaman that actually believes he is better than an Igboman is simply delusional.

what do you mean by"dogged approach to success?"  if anything, we are quite honest in our work; we work every hard to get what we want honestly.  Unlike the Yorubas, however, who have to fraud the government to get money. Its typical, where they Yorubas relax and get paid lots of money, while the Igbos toil and suffer. As for delusional, there are a whole lot of damn Yorubas that are delusional!

Quote from: lexyflexy on January 21, 2006, 08:53 PM
I wonder o. Must people go to that ectent all because they feel cheated one way or the other, in the name of trying to make their points clear.....

And do make her understanding her trying to make things sound so controversial will not bring peace or make things work like they ought to.

How would someone discover a mistake (if I may call it that) and dtill tend to make things more erronous.... its devastating and too wrong.....

I hope you weren't referring to me, because if you are, can you clarify yourself? You have also made a lot of grammatical and spelling errors as well. If those could be corrected,
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 6:14pm On Feb 10, 2006
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by larger20(m): 10:30pm On Feb 10, 2006
wow the igbos are growing in this forum
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 10:34pm On Feb 10, 2006
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Z4M4eva(f): 10:41pm On Feb 10, 2006
virozuru:

but u would never do that to anyone else. angry

Not just you Virozuru...he "USED" to do same thing to me as well, but I'm glad he's stopped, well uhm what can I say? I'm only trying to point out that it's not just you Viro, so Please Goodguy I know you would read this, but pls do not quote my post or whatever, Cos obviously as you can see I'm replying to Virozuru and I quoted her not you, so i'd see no reason Y you'd want to reply to me or something Cos I know it'd result to an arguement or something, I don't want that, and I'm sure you don't want that too
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Idekeson(m): 10:51pm On Feb 10, 2006
@ larger 20
I guess it's a good thing. Strongheart!
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 11:26pm On Feb 10, 2006
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Z4M4eva(f): 11:28pm On Feb 10, 2006
Yeah I understand...
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by lexyflexy(m): 10:36am On Feb 11, 2006
I certainlt do not think I will be reffering to you on whatever ground.....

i believe you were referring to Idekeson's comment about me on page three. please let this rest; it isnt that serious

WRONG..... I was only making post in-line with those on ground...... And what makes you think I would be reffering to you..... of all on the Post

Learn to see things right before passing judgement..... I very much know no one would want his or her deeds to be questioned, especially in a place where its all about.... FLUNT IT IF YOU GOT IT..... but still learn to be positive in every dealings..... its sure going to work well if everyone see and work things out that way.....
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 5:44am On Feb 12, 2006
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by goodguy(m): 8:37pm On Feb 12, 2006
virozuru:

whever i post a general statement or that when i am talking to someone else, u always butt in, but u would never do that to anyone else. angry
I really don't get your point here. You mentioned 'goodguy' earlier and I asked you a simple question which you have failed to reply.

virozuru:

but im not going to hurt your feelings like i did last time, so i will be quiet
What are you trying to cause here? What exactly are you feeling like? grin
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by virozuru(f): 10:41pm On Feb 12, 2006
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by goodguy(m): 10:45pm On Feb 12, 2006
You quote me and comment on my post. I do the same and you're talking trash. What really is your problem?

virozuru:

seun should have left him banned.
I wonder why you keep emphasizing on this statement.

virozuru:

note, goodguy, i wasnt talking to you, so don't quote me either.
I was going to ignore you until I saw this part. How can you talk about me and expect me to keep mute in the name of "you weren't talking to me". You sure wouldn't do that if you were in my shoes.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Z4M4eva(f): 12:08am On Feb 14, 2006
@Virozuru, yeah I understand

What am I in response to the topic? Yoruba
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by larger20(m): 4:43am On Feb 14, 2006
Idekeson:

@ larger 20
I guess it's a good thing. Strongheart!

Yes it is
virozuru:

at larger:
igbos are growing huh?

Yep, the diffrence is not that much now, that extends to how much power we have in that country in disguise. Without the Igbos, there is no nigeria
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Hotstepper(f): 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2006
i believe dat tongue
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by goodguy(m): 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2006
larger_20:

Without the Igbos, there is no nigeria

Without GOD, there is no Nigeria.
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by Outkast(f): 4:52pm On Feb 15, 2006
well said goodguy
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by nferyn(m): 5:36pm On Feb 15, 2006
goodguy:

Without GOD, there is no Nigeria.
Without Nigeria, there is not God grin
Anyway, this is just a jab, don't take it seriously wink
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by omogenaija(f): 1:33am On May 31, 2006
@ ocho wat is WAZOBIA ??

i know its a resturant in Texas. But wat do u mean by WAZOBIA ?
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by mochafella(m): 1:37am On May 31, 2006
omogenaija:

@ ocho what is WAZOBIA ??

I'm not Ocho tongue, but its a conflation of "come" in the three main Nigerian languages

WA - Yoruba
ZO - Hausa
BIA - Igbo
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by DaHitler(m): 1:42am On May 31, 2006
I only agree with the WA and Bia cool
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by omogenaija(f): 2:39am On May 31, 2006
mochafella:

I'm not Ocho tongue, but its a conflation of "come" in the three main Nigerian languages

WA - Yoruba
ZO - Hausa
BIA - Igbo

i'm yoruba so i understand WA. But wat does ZO and BIA mean ??
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by lauryn(f): 2:41am On May 31, 2006
they both mean, COME
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:42am On May 31, 2006
What does the Wa mean? Same thing?
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by faf(f): 2:43am On May 31, 2006
zo and bia are come in ibo and hausa
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by lauryn(f): 2:43am On May 31, 2006
yup
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by omogenaija(f): 2:54am On May 31, 2006
JosBoy4Lif:

What does the Wa mean? Same thing?

Wa means come.

**** is that ur house in ur profile ? I think its unique. wink wink wink
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:08am On May 31, 2006
my house grin grin grin, haha not even
nah some pilot wey dey stay for Abuja. I think he used blood money angry angry
Re: Where Are The Igbos, Hausas And Other Non-Yorubas? by lexyflexy(m): 5:50pm On Oct 01, 2006
@ JosBoy4Lif

nah some pilot wey dey stay for Abuja. I think he used blood money

And are you watching or merrying under him, ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Did You Hawk Anything On The Streets As A Child ? / Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 / Arochukwu Disobedience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.