Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos (56357 Views)

Busiest International Airports In The World. / New Airports In Nigeria: Anambra, Ebonyi & Ekiti Airports (Videos) / Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by 360command: 4:08am On Apr 11, 2019
Guyman02:
As a primary school pupil we contributed to the building of Sam Mbakwe Airport Owerri, no be today we begin dey do community service. Since the FG back then won't build an international airport we took upon ourselves with all hands on deck and achieved it
a friend confirmed this to me before I read your comment.

2 Likes

Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by DeRay98(m): 7:11am On Apr 11, 2019
thesicilian:
All of them are of mediocre standard.

All be like glorified village hut compared to what we use in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Riyadh.
Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by oshokomole: 7:27am On Apr 11, 2019
Xander85:

The Owerri airport is int’l in name only! Which int’l route does it serve?

The one in Enugu has only Ethiopian Airlines serving it. The hope when it started was that by this time two or three other airlines will join Ethiopian and that you could travel direct from AIIA Enugu to Europe and the US! These plans were made during the GEJ regime!

Edited: Check out Senegals' flagship airport and train service. At some point i thought i was looking at a 3D video! shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJg-tpQC_Es
Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by highbee02: 7:44am On Apr 11, 2019
The list is NOT complete without Ilorin International airport
Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by highbee02: 7:44am On Apr 11, 2019
The list is NOT complete without Ilorin International airport. Courtesy of the SP
Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by balonaija(f): 8:02am On Apr 11, 2019
well that is strange
Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by grandstar(m): 8:15am On Apr 11, 2019
TheGiftedOne:
shocked

I know two are sure international airports, the other four I'm not sure of . But why isn't the one in PH named after a someone

grin

Should they name it after Harrysong or Okorocha? I think Okorocha will prefer a statue instead
Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by diamondbaby(m): 11:03am On Apr 11, 2019
....Operated with generators
Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by Xander85: 11:16am On Apr 11, 2019
leofab:
only two trains with plenty animations

I'm sure there are more than two trains. Only two are shown there because there are only two platforms at the airport....unless you want them to put one train on top of the other! Also, there's no animation...it's all real!
Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by JaceBlaze: 11:54am On Apr 11, 2019
King Shaka airport in SOUTH AFRICA tongue shocked

2 Likes

Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by JaceBlaze: 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2019
O.R Tambo International Airport in SOUTH AFRICA

Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by JaceBlaze: 12:12pm On Apr 11, 2019
kiss smiley wink cheesy grin shocked cool tongue My personal favourite

Cape Town International Airport....IN SOUTH AFRICA grin wink

1 Like

Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by XhosaNostra(f): 12:16pm On Apr 11, 2019
JaceBlaze:
kiss smiley wink cheesy grin shocked cool tongue My personal favourite

Cape Town International Airport....IN SOUTH AFRICA grin wink

What became of the name change?

2 Likes

Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by erico2k2(m): 12:28pm On Apr 11, 2019
VeeVeeMyLuv:
usa have almost 15,000 airports.

you are here celebrating 4.

kai, no wonder there's 50% unemployment rate.
And you travel internation from all, sometimes we need to apply small thought into what we say!
Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by JaceBlaze: 12:29pm On Apr 11, 2019
Missed your flight?...no worries,we still got the best roads that you can use cheesy grin shocked

2 Likes

Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by JaceBlaze: 12:37pm On Apr 11, 2019
Gautrain Station...IN SOUTH AFRICA tongue cheesy

You just gotta love the fact that the designers put that xenophobic flavour/touch to it,found nowhere else in Africa grin grin

2 Likes

Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by JaceBlaze: 12:44pm On Apr 11, 2019
XhosaNostra:

What became of the name change?
I don't know what's really up with that.Personally I think if our useless government truly want to honour Winnie then they should build a new airport and name it after her instead of this name change nonsense.

1 Like

Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by XhosaNostra(f): 12:47pm On Apr 11, 2019
JaceBlaze:
I don't know what's really up with that.Personally I think if our useless government truly want to honour Winnie then they should build a new airport and name it after her instead of this name change nonsense.

I 2nd that. Apparently, the name change thing is costly. So why waste money on an unnecessary expenditure just because?

1 Like

Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by swetjo(f): 12:49pm On Apr 11, 2019
Where is Asaba International Airport?
Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by JaceBlaze: 12:53pm On Apr 11, 2019
XhosaNostra:

I 2nd that. Apparently, the name change thing is costly. So why waste money on an unnecessary expenditure just because?
VERY costly,and they seem to be very hands on when it comes to that.Talks of changing South Africa to Azania have been circulating for years as well,are you really looking forward to calling SA Azania? angry

2 Likes

Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by JaceBlaze: 1:02pm On Apr 11, 2019
Check the fleet of Gaubuses kiss

Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by XhosaNostra(f): 1:47pm On Apr 11, 2019
JaceBlaze:
VERY costly,and they seem to be very hands on when it comes to that.Talks of changing South Africa to Azania have been circulating for years as well,are you really looking forward to calling SA Azania? angry

Oh, hello no! It's unnecessary. People still use the old names anyway. Look at all the new street names in PTA & yet people still call them using their old names. The new ones are not catching on & it's been a while. Waste of resources that could have been used elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by JaceBlaze: 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Oh, hello no! It's unnecessary. People still use the old names anyway. Look at all the new street names in PTA & yet people still call them using their old names. The new ones are not catching on & it's been a while. Waste of resources that could have been used elsewhere.
Jy het die waarheid gepraat.

1 Like

Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by AutoReportNG: 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2019
FriendNG:

Malam Aminu Kano Airport is not one of the oldest in Nigeria, but rather it's the oldest. The first historic aircraft that landed in Nigeria was at Kano in 1992.

It is an important fuel stop for airlines flying long-haul services between Europe and Africa. Newer aircraft did not need such fuel stops.

It also have two run ways, one for passengers and the other for Nigerian Airforce.

A new international terminal similar to that of Abuja is currently under construction.

Thanks bro for the addition
Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by Ugosample(m): 10:24am On Apr 12, 2019
Timijo:
I am right in the MMIA. On my way to Mozambique.

safe journey
Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by erico2k2(m): 11:28am On Apr 12, 2019
FriendNG:

Malam Aminu Kano Airport is not one of the oldest in Nigeria, but rather it's the oldest. The first historic aircraft that landed in Nigeria was at Kano in 1992.

It is an important fuel stop for airlines flying long-haul services between Europe and Africa. Newer aircraft did not need such fuel stops.

It also have two run ways, one for passengers and the other for Nigerian Airforce.

A new international terminal similar to that of Abuja is currently under construction.
1992?
Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by FriendNG: 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2019
erico2k2:

1992?

1922 fixed

1 Like

Re: See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos by erico2k2(m): 8:18pm On Apr 12, 2019
At this moment, the major Airports in Nigeria are Lagos, Abuja and PHC, the rest are following behind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Tallest Hotel In Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video / Newly Constructed Opako Adigbe Road In Abeokuta Washed Off By Rain Yesterday. / Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport And The Airport City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.