Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,736 members, 7,813,420 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down (84917 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife, Folu (Throwback Photo) / TB Joshua Received By President Salva Kiir & Wife, Mary Ayen Mayardit / Phillip Frimpong Proposed To Carrisa Sharon Oyakhilome By Kneeling Down For Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by mercy87(f): 9:09am On Apr 12, 2019
Elvis778:

do you read your bible at all?? Use your brain biko, Jesus Christ washed and kissed the feets of his apostles, of which peter wanted to refuse but The lord insisted and also ordered them to do to others what he has done to them.
Learn to read your bible.

John 13:5, After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.
Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.

Chai oooo stop lying and twisting the Scriptures... Jesus never bowed down and kissed his disciples feet. Read John 13:5-10.

See the whole scripture on what happen. Chai.

John 13:5-10 After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.
Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?
Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Fourwinds: 9:11am On Apr 12, 2019
Tpeters:
The Anti-Christ and mother-harlot!!
moving around in d name of peace and unity, whereby deceiving d whole world until dey r drunk of her wine .The scripture foretold it ,we r nt in darkness ,we r children of light and we know abt all of dis.

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by yusfatemoney: 9:11am On Apr 12, 2019
grin grin
Officialgarri:

Shît, your father is black, didn't your black mum tell you?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by mercy87(f): 9:13am On Apr 12, 2019
Please ooo....stop adding to the Scriptures. Jesus never kissed his disciples feet.
He only washed their feet NOT bowed down to them and kissed their feet. Chai.

See the Scriptures narrative of the event in King James Version.
John 13:5-10 After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.
Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?
Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kjvstudybible.bible.kjv.bibleverses.bibleoffline
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:14am On Apr 12, 2019
Mariangeles:
Jesus Christ never did this !
Stop lying and twisting the truth ! angry
How do you translate Jesus Christ washing the feet of his followers (disciples)

Can you wash the feet of your employees
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by peteabua(m): 9:18am On Apr 12, 2019
YOUNG MAN READ THIS "why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?’ (Num 12:6-cool".. BE CAREFUL HOW YOU SPEAK ABOUT THE SERVANT GOD.. ELSE...................

OrestesDante:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

∆ You dey mind dem..
Someone call feet kissing humility...
Certified senselessness...

The pope is a shoe licker... Lord have mercy ∆

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by exminister(m): 9:21am On Apr 12, 2019
OrestesDante:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

∆ You dey mind dem.. Someone call feet kissing humility... Certified senselessness...

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
u are mad
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by exminister(m): 9:21am On Apr 12, 2019
OrestesDante:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

∆ You dey mind dem.. Someone call feet kissing humility... Certified senselessness...

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
u are mad
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 12, 2019
Fourwinds:
just take a check at your dead brain... So you think the church is not into humanitarian service.. Nonsense
My brains is dead, thank you. why bother respond to a dead brain? grin my dead brain still Caught your Attention.. I feel sorry for you.

Church are into Humanitarianism That justifies all their Drug dealings and Gold Hoadings and child rapes and peadophileas. for some reason you glossed passed those issues. grin
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Lexusgs430: 9:30am On Apr 12, 2019
Fourwinds:
e concern you

I dey feel for hin nose........
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Chronicgenius: 9:34am On Apr 12, 2019
That's how they bow to and kiss idols
Humble indeed..smh

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 12, 2019
grandstar:

The most educated demography in the United States are Nigerians.

I'm proud to be black. Blacks gave the world soul music. The best dancers are black. The best athletes are blacks. Even globally, white girls like to date black.

I'm proud of my skin colour. Some of the most beautiful people I've met her very dark skinned. My prettiest sister is the darkest of my sister's. I can never bleach to satisfy shallow minded people.

I'll be glad to whatever colour my God made whether it be Chinese, Inuit, white, Indian, Mongolian, Arab and so on.

It doesn't matter for I know that in an awesome inspiring way I was wonderfully made (Read Psalms 139:15-16)

What matters to my Creator is what I am inside and not what I am outside.(Read Acts 10:34-35)
So all those Descriptions you used to Quantificate black/Africans Above is what you think makes blacks or Africans more Educated?

Black women are nice, white women wants to date black men, Dark skin, dancers and bla bla bla so that"s all what blacks/Africans are only good at? Looking beautiful and dating white men? grin How many white MEN wants to date black women? if really black women are what you claim the are.

Absolute Bullshit! i am Appaulled as a black man by your Assertions Above.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Apple2: 9:49am On Apr 12, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:

That one na scam...

, serious scam lol
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 12, 2019
Apple2:

, serious scam lol
Seriously serious Scam
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by KingWarri: 9:58am On Apr 12, 2019
ChristianNorth:
Jesus did it, so all Vicars of Christ (Pope) are expected to do the same.

Leaders are servants. That is the message
Jesus wash the feet of his disciples and not kissing it.... get your fact right.....

to those saying this is humility, that's a big lie....

waiting for daddy freeze to react ~reactor sad

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by KingWarri: 10:07am On Apr 12, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

How do you translate Jesus Christ washing the feet of his followers (disciples)

Can you wash the feet of your employees
feet washing cannot be translated to this...
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by AbuAeesha: 10:13am On Apr 12, 2019
delugajackson:
That's Christianity for you. We preach peace to the world. The Pope is a promoter of peace hence, this act. Hardly will you find a Sheik or an Imam exihibiting an extraordinary manner of humility such as this.
kissing someone's feet doesn't really signify humility,how many times have you kissed ur parents feets,... thanks
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by pchukwudi: 10:17am On Apr 12, 2019
Why would someone who would not let people kiss his papal finger/ring (which is traditional) now go on to kiss the shoes of politicians (which is unheard of)?

Why the projection?

Wallade:

I am not Catholic but I can tell you that this action of humility by the Pope is a big lesson on "Stooping to Conquer". It did not change the fact that he is Pope; it cost him nothing but proves he has no pride.

Besides, Jesus washed the feets of his disciples. We are christians - christ-like - and the Pope just put Christianity into perspective yet again.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by mbos: 10:18am On Apr 12, 2019
uduak2016:
Deceiving black people. Black people are useless!

deceiving them to be peaceful

abi?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Chiachifranklin: 10:20am On Apr 12, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:
That one na scam...
O boy u know hide mouth talk 'm...God punish Satan..!
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by pchukwudi: 10:22am On Apr 12, 2019
Can you show me one scripture where Jesus KISSED anyone's feet? Just one.

pawesome:
Jesus kissed the feet of his disciples and also washed Dia feets
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Raheemzee(m): 10:23am On Apr 12, 2019
uduak2016:
Deceiving black people. Black people are useless!

u sound lyk uncle Rufus in the boondocks grin grin

A black man with shear hatred for blacks
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Raheemzee(m): 10:25am On Apr 12, 2019
Richy4:
Some time ago... Here on front page a certain ruler in Nasarawa state bows to greet a Governor.. every one was shouting here on how he has disgraced his royal crown... no one mentioned humility... now Pope kissed some leg, it is now humility... Am I missing something here? Or is this Nairalanders today different from those that commented that day..

hypocrites they are!
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Birminghamvirgo(m): 10:25am On Apr 12, 2019
delugajackson:
That's Christianity for you. We preach peace to the world. The Pope is a promoter of peace hence, this act. Hardly will you find a Sheik or an Imam exihibiting an extraordinary manner of humility such as this.

must u drag other religion priest into this?

Blasphemous being!

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:26am On Apr 12, 2019
KingWarri:

feet washing cannot be translated to this...

I asked you a question, can you wash the feet of your employees
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Emyben(m): 10:27am On Apr 12, 2019
femi4:
Define disciple? Lol you think its by being a member of a Church/Organization. What a dull analysis

We are all disciples of Christ Jesus.

Stick to your Church teaching and leave that of the Catholics to the Catholics.
Catholics in baptism becomes true disciples of Jesus Christ. From the Pope to the Laity. St Paul made it absolutely clear that in baptism, we are all made disciples and apostles of Christ.

Only one who obviously is an ignorant Christian like you seem to be would term the analysis as being dull. Having said that, If you are a Christian and you don't consider yourself as a Disciple, I wonder why you take yourself as a Christian.

Take away your hate for Catholicism and think rationally. It would really help you a lot. Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by seguno2: 10:33am On Apr 12, 2019
grandstar:
I'm not the federal government or the state government to bring about your desired change in the country's education.

The government are the ones to bring about the needed changes. I'm also not an educationist so I don't have much to say.

The little I know is that more money needs to be pumped into education and best practices should be enthroned in the management of the schools. What these best practices are, are best known by educationists.

Also, corruption needs to be attacked with gusto as the meagre resources meant for the schools are embezzled or misspent

Put round pegs in round holes will give you the desired results.

All this long story without realising that the government is not different from the people
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by femi4: 10:34am On Apr 12, 2019
Emyben:

We are all disciples of Christ Jesus.

Stick to your Church teaching and leave that of the Catholics to the Catholics.
Catholics in baptism becomes true disciples of Jesus Christ. From the Pope to the Laity. St Paul made it absolutely clear that in baptism, we are all made disciples and apostles of Christ.

Only one who obviously is an ignorant Christian like you seem to be would term the analysis as being dull. Having said that, If you are a Christian and you don't consider yourself as a Disciple, I wonder why you take yourself as a Christian.

Take away your hate for Catholicism and think rationally. It would really help you a lot. Thanks and God bless you.
Sorry, I don't argue with spiritual illiterate

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Jetrue3oo: 10:36am On Apr 12, 2019
Pope once came to this country knee down and kiss the ground of our airport. what you guys see and can't interpret is this. This is the gradual manifestation of black supremacy over the white. The whites are very much aware of the Black Star ruling the entire world and the universe.

They all know that dominion has changed from white to Black.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Beetobee(f): 10:42am On Apr 12, 2019
delugajackson:

You the writer, should exhibit your own, stop thriving on others.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Chronicgenius: 11:06am On Apr 12, 2019
Jetrue3oo:
Pope once came to this country knee down and kiss the ground of our airport. what you guys see and can't interpret is this. This is the gradual manifestation of black supremacy over the white. The whites are very much aware of the Black Star ruling the entire world and the universe.

They all know that dominion has changed from white to Black.
Lmfao!!...are u joking or what?
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Alexandro15: 11:28am On Apr 12, 2019
I don't know what people are ranting about. If he gives him his ring to kiss, you will all call it pride. Now he has kissed the president's feet, you are still having a heart attack over a clear message of peace and humility no matter your position.

People!
Be sensible for once. It doesn't kill

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo / Why Do I Wake Up With Mysterious Marks On My Body? / Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.