Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,727 members, 7,813,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down (84916 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife, Folu (Throwback Photo) / TB Joshua Received By President Salva Kiir & Wife, Mary Ayen Mayardit / Phillip Frimpong Proposed To Carrisa Sharon Oyakhilome By Kneeling Down For Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by seguno2: 6:12am On Apr 12, 2019
grandstar:
Please read below

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chron.com/news/amp/Data-show-Nigerians-the-most-educated-in-the-U-S-1600808.php

Please can you answer the below riddle

Why don't you use your so called education to develop Nigeria.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Kaybaba5(m): 6:25am On Apr 12, 2019
DogmaNation:
grin grin Make d Pope nu try dis with satanic Buhari go just marche him head put 4 ground. Buhari na bad type!

Bad mouth
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by joey150(m): 6:25am On Apr 12, 2019
sketcherJ:
I checked the link out and I think it doesn't really justify your comment, although the post gave little reason about why the pope kissed the president's shoes, it still didn't change the fact that the pope kissed the shoes..

by d way I don't see this as an act of humility and not necessary to emphasize on promoting peace, even if a million pope gives a million kisses on the president shoes, it won't still change the fact that if the power brokers don't want peace, they won't fight
Hello! I'm not defending the Pope's action and neither I'm I condemning it. I'm only saying that half-education is worse than not knowing at all.

The way it was reported on the link I posted gave a full illustration of what happened and why the pope did what he did. Of course you are free to disagree or agree with the action of the pope, after having read the full story. Now think of the many thousands that will form their opinion merely from the picture of 'the pope kissing a man's shoe'.

The idea here is that people can form opinions and support or oppose actions once they have all the facts.

However, if that kiss will stop the impending war in Sudan, then kudos to the pope.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by grandstar(m): 6:28am On Apr 12, 2019
seguno2:

Please can you answer the below riddle

I'm not the federal government or the state government to bring about your desired change in the country's education.

The government are the ones to bring about the needed changes. I'm also not an educationist so I don't have much to say.

The little I know is that more money needs to be pumped into education and best practices should be enthroned in the management of the schools. What these best practices are, are best known by educationists.

Also, corruption needs to be attacked with gusto as the meagre resources meant for the schools are embezzled or misspent

Put round pegs in round holes will give you the desired results.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Sholaco: 6:36am On Apr 12, 2019
wamiikechukwu:
One thing I have noticed about the pope is his humility... I have seen several videos of him doing such.

I know Nigerians pastor or priest can't do such.

But all the same we thank God.

Meanwhile

Do you need an android app for your business or website, then contact me I will build one for you at an afford price.
You will see the so called pastor washing their legs and hands on their members head
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Section7: 6:38am On Apr 12, 2019
I wish he can kiss shekau's feet 4 peace to rain in north east, but hope dat shekau Neva use leg pack cow dung sha,
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 12, 2019
Elvis778:
Children of hate, now listen to me if you would,.............
He kissed his feet for a reason,
it's just like your Dad and Mum kneeling to beg you to stop the habit of smoking, for the respect you have for him You'd have no option than to stop it. These people are more spiritual than you are, they are wise and they just know the right spot to hit for you to hear them out, what he just did shows that he would go any length to ensure that he spread the message PEACE, and only a humble man can do such. Our ordinary G.O is churches that only control about a million persons can't bring him self that low, let alone the pope? Someone that holds the trust of billions of people, common this is plain HUMILITY.
So if ya just Hating, I'd understand.
You should just note that none of those ya churches is better than the catholic church, you can call it whatever you like but that won't change the fact that it's a true church, for me, there are only 2 true churches, the CATHOLIC AND ANGLICAN CHURCH. others na scam

You meant like one popular Nigerian Bishop who slapped a church member because he felt she was being disrespectful

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by binary123(m): 6:39am On Apr 12, 2019
uduak2016:
Deceiving black people. Black people are useless!
you parents your entire family are black including you.what a useless family.your statement says it all.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Machida(f): 6:48am On Apr 12, 2019
joey150:

Hello! I'm not defending the Pope's action and neither I'm I condemning it. I'm only saying that half-education is worse than not knowing at all.

The way it was reported on the link I posted gave a full illustration of what happened and why the pope did what he did. Of course you are free to disagree or agree with the action of the pope, after having read the full story. Now think of the many thousands that will form their opinion merely from the picture of 'the pope kissing a man's shoe'.

The idea here is that people can form opinions and support or oppose actions once they have all the facts.

However, if that kiss will stop the impending war in Sudan, then kudos to the pope.

What a Man of humility! He is passing a message" Give Peace a Chance" to both Men . A country that at War for a deacde.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by ndukaejime1994(m): 6:51am On Apr 12, 2019
SageMK:

It's better to let someone think you are an Idíot than to open your mouth & prove it but last I checked, stupidity is not a crime so you are free to go...

Get well soon.

You are the idiot here!!!! These people, the pope, and alot of elites , are using the heads(fooling) of humans must especially Africans... They claim to be perfect figures, they put on good gesture outside, but very evil inside. They are using this method to fulfill "The New World Order".. People like you have eyes but cant see..
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by hajide(m): 6:55am On Apr 12, 2019
delugajackson:
That's Christianity for you. We preach peace to the world. The Pope is a promoter of peace hence, this act. Hardly will you find a Sheik or an Imam exihibiting an extraordinary manner of humility such as this.
Bro, that is not humility, and in Islam its forbidden to bow to any creature not to talk of prostrate.... its a serious sin

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by pstnicodemus(m): 6:58am On Apr 12, 2019
udo2018:
Why are you guys mentioning the Pope and the likes of Adeboye in one sentence?
E taya me
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Okezedan(m): 7:06am On Apr 12, 2019
Last last, nothing come outside...
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 12, 2019
femi4:
but they can bow to Mary
that what I mean
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by ndukaejime1994(m): 7:17am On Apr 12, 2019
Zionista:

Same scripture says you should judge not so that you wouldn't be judged.

Bros, Believe there is an Almighty, do what your conscience deem right and good.. Don't let people or a book condition the way you reason or think... Religion is the cause of our problems in Africa and Nigeria.. The westerners are getting advanced per seconds. They are not religious bigots.. They think freely without conditioning thoughts by certain believe.. Lets wake up.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by mechanics(m): 7:20am On Apr 12, 2019
hmmmm.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Amanew(m): 7:23am On Apr 12, 2019
And if it was IPOB members that was kissing Mazi Nnamdi KANU shoe Afonjas will condemn the person to death!
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by ojojameso(m): 7:24am On Apr 12, 2019
if only you know
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by bonnyhope: 7:25am On Apr 12, 2019
joey150:
Nairaland is the worst place to read any meaningful news. I'm getting increasingly nauseated by this forum. A reflection of the decadence of the intelligence of our people.

This news was half-reported, I even had to Google the story to really understand what happened.

How can you simply put a picture of the pope kissing the leg of a Sudanese leader without writing why or what transpired?

The more you visit here the duller you actually become. Even the act of reporting news in simple and correct English has become a big problem here. I weep for people that will grow up reading Nairaland and the many junk on it.

This is what actually transpired for those that care to check:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pope-southsudan/pope-kisses-feet-of-south-sudan-leaders-urging-them-to-keep-the-peace-idUSKCN1RN27G

Thank you
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by OhiOfIhima: 7:30am On Apr 12, 2019
delugajackson:
That's Christianity for you. We preach peace to the world. The Pope is a promoter of peace hence, this act. Hardly will you find a Sheik or an Imam exihibiting an extraordinary manner of humility such as this.

because Islam never give room for such prostration. It cool for u, do it but don't drag someone in who neither oppose or propose the ideals.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by toprealman: 7:30am On Apr 12, 2019
wamiikechukwu:
One thing I have noticed about the pope is his humility... I have seen several videos of him doing such.

I know Nigerians pastor or priest can't do such.

But all the same we thank God.

Meanwhile

Do you need an android app for your business or website, then contact me I will build one for you at an afford price.
Humble, yes.....but stay on the point PLS. We are talking about a president here not a leaper!
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by BornnAgainChild(f): 7:31am On Apr 12, 2019
julius976:
HUMILITY!!! That's what he preaches and practice. Adeboye will never do this to ONI OF IFE. I just love this pope

Adeboye do this to ooni of ife?

like seriously ooni of ife of people

you must be joking

infact you are a joker

*spits and walks out*
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by truthstands20: 7:34am On Apr 12, 2019
This is not humility at all. Not good in any way. Its quite unfortunate.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by victorian(f): 7:34am On Apr 12, 2019
okosodo:
This pope is not well, and this is not humility

He must have been blackmailed to kneel and kiss the feet.
It's not humility. He's under duress and blackmail.
If not? Why will a Pope bend down and kiss the feet of a man.

It's just like one will see Ooni of Ife bowing down to kiss buhari's feet! That's total rubbish! Except they have him strong and tight through the balls .

Sighs Pope! But why? undecided

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by victorian(f): 7:35am On Apr 12, 2019
truthstands20:
This is not humility at all. Not good in any way. Its quite unfortunate.

His hands are dirty

He's been blackmailed.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Adamsonian1993(m): 7:36am On Apr 12, 2019
No young man is not about religion but individual's thought. Have you ever seen Queen of England bowing b4, What of them pastor Adeboye and them Oyedepo. But you can see a trending picture of Emir of Kano kneeling b4 his mum. So it's not about religion please let's deviate away from religious stuff
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Marchman: 7:43am On Apr 12, 2019
The Pope behave like a servant, the Pentecostal leaders behave like God. Not one strand of humility in them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo / Why Do I Wake Up With Mysterious Marks On My Body? / Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.