Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him (51486 Views)

"Oga What's My Offense" — Boy Cries As SARS Officers Harass Him / Soldier Rescues Man In Benin, As SARS Tried Extorting Him For Having Dreadlocks / Does The Police Have The Right To Stop And Search My Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by FriendNG: 4:19pm On Apr 12, 2019
Rilwayne001:

I wonder oh.. If truly he doesn't have anything to hide, no reason whatsoever for him not to unlock his phone. Most of these guys have battered our image externally and it keeps getting worse as everyone's now into it.
But then one must be careful when one hands phone for them to check, they can be trickery atimes. I was stopped once like that and the police after checking my phone my email and see nothing to incriminate me on, he went to my hangouts (without contacts on it oh) and starts inviting some foreign numbers to it. Thankfully I was right beside him when he was checking and when he asked me who those contacts are, I told him, I don't know them. And if actually they were my contacts he wouldn't need the invite any new contacts. After some shakara, he gave me my phone and I left. These people are hell if one isn't confident or clean, but once clean you have nothing to worry about..

Nigeria is getting worse everyday. Executives, legislators, Judiciaries and citizens in a general are CORRUPT AND WORSE IN ALL RAMIFICATIONS. I dare to say we are getting what we deserve. What I'll just say us that God continue to guide our paths so we won't fall victims of these terrible disease.

This is not Justification for police to check your phone. So the mad cows even have the audacity to enter your email and hangout. What's his own nonsense business with your personal and private messages.

Anyways that can only happen for your side. The day they start it here, that will be the end of SARS. Even governors won't allow them.

So you're just walking, you have not cause any trouble or public nuisance, the police will stop you and begin to search you and your phone?
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Paretomaster1(m): 4:56pm On Apr 12, 2019
grayht:

Bro take the lead.. we will follow

That's the Problem, u always waiting for someone to take the lead...... SARS, sani where to do such nonsense.. Can't try that in Northern Nigeria....
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Paretomaster1(m): 5:01pm On Apr 12, 2019
Muscomide:

And what point exactly are you trying to make with this regional classification of yours? Nor be the same Nigeria Police Farce (NPF) dey North, East, South & West? Must we tribalise and trivialise just for the sake of it?

Na the same, but in The North, Police dey beg to collect money, and they dare not harass you....
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Paretomaster1(m): 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2019
Alexrayz:

Before everyone will come saying SARS this and that y can't he simply unlock his phone the truth is we part of the problem here no one won't say they are not a aware of the upscale in fruad and all in this country he ask u to open the phone open it did he ask u for bribe did he say he want to take ur phone yeah people we say he has no right to tell me who nw has right to ..it just dude forming big up and all it won't take anything to just be silient and answer their question instead of forming what u not

You must b a learner or a beneficiary of their proceed..... Why should he unlock his phone, did they have a warrant for that?

People like you are the reason we having this menace call SARZ.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by AirstarKane(f): 5:14pm On Apr 12, 2019
Sincerely, I feel we are cowards. Someone is being harassed unjustly and everyone is staring some is to poat online what happens so fighting back. Imagine if the people around stood up and fought and this act is replicated everywhere, I don't think they will continue.
pillarmaria:
I don't know why I feel everybody commenting on this thread is a coward.

We shall still wail over this issue tomorrow, why don't we just take the bull by the horn, imagine if we all unite and stage a full week massive protest and shutdown all over the country, trust me FSARS would be reformed by force.

Imagine if 20 able bodied men had accosted the SARS operative for bullying and harasing the young man, Shit wouldn't have happened.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by iamuye(m): 5:57pm On Apr 12, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
I will gladly give my phone to any one to inspect.

okay but be observant otherwise they will type something on your phone just so they can implicate you. speaking from experience brr
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Rilwayne001: 6:12pm On Apr 12, 2019
FriendNG:

This is not Justification for police to check your phone. So the mad cows even have the audacity to enter your email and hangout. What's his own nonsense business with your personal and private messages.

Anyways that can only happen for your side. The day they start it here, that will be the end of SARS. Even governors won't allow them.

So you're just walking, you have not cause any trouble or public nuisance, the police will stop you and begin to search you and your phone?

That's because Yahoo Yahoo is not prevalent over there compared to here. I tell you, at least 6 out of 10 youth is the South is a Yahoo boy. And you see them live lavish life and all sorts. The day youths over there starts doing these things or the day it gets rampant over there, police will see it as opportunity to extort you guys too.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Rilwayne001: 6:12pm On Apr 12, 2019
kindredspirit:

Bro, pray not to encounter those determined SARS policemen. Those guys are DEVILS ! My God !

I used to have this same mindset of " allow them search your phone, if you have nothing to hide", until I witnessed a situation that would change my mindset.

My brother's friend, a US- based Nurse, who was holidaying in Nigeria, was accosted by policemen in Lagos. After identifying himself, they demanded he hands his phone to them to search, which he did. They went straight to his SMS to check and when they saw tens of millions of Naira as his account balance, matter change o. He was told to part with 200K or else they would pin something on him. When he refused, they said he should follow them to the station. He was like " Bro, lets go, I ain't giving y'alls nuthin" .

In short, I leave the rest to your imagination what happened after they framed him up at the station at Ikeja. This dude is a well-spoken, highly intelligent professional nurse who has lived in the US for more than twenty years.

At the end of the ordeal, after so many threats, intimidation and time wasting, he gave them 300k just to leave that station. Imagine if he had resisted the phone-check in the first place

As I said, pray not to have an altercation with determined SARS men. Giving them your phone to frisk is the worst decision you would make especially if your SMS alerts show that you have money, trust me. Those guys will extort you whether you're clean or not.

Choi shocked
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by ericmor: 6:33pm On Apr 12, 2019
pillarmaria:

We shall still wail over this issue tomorrow, why don't we just take the bull by the horn, imagine if we all unite and stage a full week massive protest and shutdown all over the country, trust me FSARS would be reformed by force.

Imagine if 20 able bodied men had accosted the SARS operative for bullying and harasing the young man, Shit wouldn't have happened.

I just tire. Imagine people were just there watching. Nobody wan die but they wan go heaven. I’ve said my own, it won’t stop till we the people do the right thing which you’ve just mentioned
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by FriendNG: 7:01pm On Apr 12, 2019
Rilwayne001:

That's because Yahoo Yahoo is not prevalent over there compared to here. I tell you, at least 6 out of 10 youth is the South is a Yahoo boy. And you see them live lavish life and all sorts. The day youths over there starts doing these things or the day it gets rampant over there, police will see it as opportunity to extort you guys too.

Even if you're not Yahoo boy, having freelancing app like Fiverr will put you in trouble when caught by SARS.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Starz825(m): 7:24pm On Apr 12, 2019
SoNature:

Generally, Nigerians are cowards.
If not,we would have had a revolution
Including you bro...na every body who wan die grin
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Kokaine(m): 8:17pm On Apr 12, 2019
#lets end SARS ourselves since the government is deaf!

For every soul a uniformed man takes, instant jungle justice for him and 5 police stations should be burned down.

When we take to the streets, the government will know we are serious about the end SARS campaign

1 Like

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Stoicbaba(m): 8:57pm On Apr 12, 2019
pillarmaria:

Reading your statement, I totally understand your frustration and the need to act...

Always remember each time you wanna step out of your house, that you are in Nigeria...(where evil seems to have overwhelmed the good)

Believe me, Nigerians are so selfish, enough not to make their " neighbours " sufferings theirs...

20 able bodied men, you say...See, it can only happen in Sudan or Libya...you don't even need men, even women can cause the revolt... Sadly, it's Nigeria...NEVER FORGET THAT...

My hope waned a long time ago...
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Basher8583: 11:30pm On Apr 12, 2019
Jayslicky:
SARS the greatest threat to hard-working youths in this country.

So if a person has two expensive phones he is labelled a criminal, this can only happen in a shithole country.
Politicians are not saying anything about the harrassing of citizens by all these SARS officials but can mobilise youths for campaigns.

If you know oke ira very well you will not blame those sars. They have more inteligence and no what they are doing. Yahoo yahoo boys have turned oke ira to thier den.
He should hv unlocked his phone if he had nothing to hide
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by redefined300(m): 1:59am On Apr 13, 2019
partnerbizz4:

They have the right to search his phone.

Prove otherwise.

Bro please shutup your mouth, you sound foolish
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:26am On Apr 13, 2019
PapaAdanna:
This country is heading for a revolution... The masses have been pushed to their limits and there is no other option but to fight back with whatever they have.

There must be a bloodshed against the so called leaders for anything to get right in this country... We can never get anywhere with dialogue
there'll never be a revolution in this country. we're too cowardly and also divided in ethnic and religious lines. our leaders know this and that's why they act with impunity
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Nostradamus: 11:54am On Apr 13, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
All day everyday i watch
guy,wetin happen ? You don start self defense class be that !!! That's the best thing to do because the only way to stop sars is a revolution but sadly i don't see that happening in this country.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Nostradamus: 1:03pm On Apr 13, 2019
Naijageak:
If this act of impunity and oppression is not tacked by our government. A time will come when the citizens will go to war with the Nigerian police . And when it starts then we should know the country is about loosing more souls. This act is absolutely inhumane. �
a time will come when the citizens will go to war with the nigerian police ?? When that time come bros,i hope it's students that will lead other nigerians.because from my experience,it seems they are the only who are brave enough to stage a revolution,others are just big cowards(market-women,streetthugs,okada riders,even drivers union)....

Sometimes in early 2018,aaua students(akungba-akoko)had a protest in akure after the state governor,akeredolu made a sharp increase in their school fees.the students stop cars from moving on oba-adesida road.at cathederal junction(in front of delta brothel,the big catholic church and oando filling station)a police hilux with fully armed mopols(should be about five in the hilux)wanted to drive pass against the warnings of the protesting students.one tall,skinny but fresh dude among the students stood up and walked briskly to the front of the police van,the police guys were so confident and wanted to start a fight with the dude only for some other students to get up,they should be up to 25 but they are unarmed,and start marching fiercely towards the cops.the fear was written on the officers face and you could see them totally humbled by the annoyed students.the students wasted no time in walking towards the police hilux and one boyish lady took over from the skinny dude(i guess the lady is an sug exco).she accused the police guys with a loud voice and warned them to turn back that the road has been shut-down by them.i have never seen armed mopol guys so humbled in my life.she told them to their face that if any of them has a ward in aaua,will they be glad to be shelling out such an insane amount for just school fees ? She said she's annoyed at their behaviour(she said so with much confidence that i was shocked,while she was stilll vehemently pouring out her mind,the number of students there in front of the police van had doubled and they were in such large number that the mopols were totally outnumbered).the lady insist that the police should turn back or wait till when they open close the protest for the day by 6:00pm.guess what ?? The police actually turned back and drive in the same way they came from.i was dazed..

By the third day of the protest,street thugs had hijacked the whole protest and the students were now getting weary,so by 5pm,most students would have lose interest in the protest then cars will start driving.streetthugs from old-garage,isolo and some ade-basket's now will take over and start their usual gra-gra.i was in front of first baptist church(close to leonac electronics,a-division and the etisalat building)one evening at about 4:30pm when the students have back down,the street-touts came out and start their gra-gra.mopols also came from a-division(the same mopols that got humiliated by annoyed students barely three days earlier)and they start throwing tear-gas.the touts fear small,when some gallant mopols start matching towards the protesting guys,the touts start moving backwards(them no fit wait face mopol like the young students).later,one guy among the touts came out and told his comrades to stand down,he went to meet two mopols and start conversing with them in low tone,that's it !! Right there the two officers rain some terrible slaps on the boy to weaken him before kicking him forward,they threw an handcuff on him(right in front of his fellow touts ooo).guess what the other touts did ? Nothing,yes they did nothing.just stood and watch as if they're watching an hollywood thriller.just two mopols dragged the boy to a-division in front of leonac(all the way from first baptist church)and other touts who are protesting only stood and watch.it was after the mopols had entered a-division with that boy that the thugs start making a frenzy,shouting as if they are cursed.while the shouting was going on,about six of them wanted to prove strongmen,they ran ahead of the others,one handsome mopol dude came out of a-division and marched towards them,then threw a teargas at them.you'd need to see the cowards scampering like little kids.that mopol waited for some few seconds before walking back majestically to his station...

This event made me know that the only people who can actually stage a revolution in this country are undergraduates,not streettouts,not marketwomen,not even drivers union.

Sometimes ago,okada riders had a protest in akure,all they did was just ride their okada in a dangerous way(their acrobatic display on their okadas was something else).the two protests that i had witnessed shock ondo state ever since moving here in 2008 was organised by students.

What about the one aaua students had after one of 'em colleague was killed while preparing for his final exams. It got so bad,soldiers had be called in to restore normalcy.see this young students fighting armed mobile police officers,even destroying their own school gate and other properties.

The only thing is undergrads won't bother with a protest unless they are sorely touched/annoyed by an event. Most street-touts/ade-basket boys will pick race at the sight of a police officer.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by losky83: 10:20pm On Apr 13, 2019
Made4naijalove:
"I Know My Rights, You have no Right to Search My Phone" - Young Nigerian Guy Cries Out As SARS Police Officers Slap and Repeatedly Plank Him On His Head All Because He Refused to Unlock His Expensive Phone for them to invade his Privacy!!!

A Nigerian Guy who was walking going by his daily business at Oke Ira, Lagos was stopped by Sars and they searched his bag and couldn't find anything asked him what he did for a Living and

he told them and he showed them his ID card but the Officers were still looking for what to use to arrest him so they then asked him why he had 2 Phones and told him to Unlock The Expensive phone for them to see what was inside, it was then he got angry, stood his ground and refused, so they seized the phone planked him with wood and told him to Come to Alagbon FCIID Police station to Come and Retrieve the Phone!!!

Watch video

source :

https://www.made4naija.com/you-have-no-right-to-search-my-phone-guy-cries-out-as-sars-officers-slap-him/

what happens to ur SARS power if ur caught by one of ur victims.we are all mortals so let's behave as mortals not god's.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 12:10am On Oct 13, 2020
Oovi5:

take the lead bro, we're right behind you
abi ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Kills His Wife In Ondo After Forcing Her To Quit Her Job / Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered / Cultists Rape Job Seekers In Imo And Took Their Nude Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.