Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,539 members, 7,837,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him (51541 Views)

"Oga What's My Offense" — Boy Cries As SARS Officers Harass Him / Soldier Rescues Man In Benin, As SARS Tried Extorting Him For Having Dreadlocks / Does The Police Have The Right To Stop And Search My Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Alexrayz(m): 1:11pm On Apr 12, 2019
AZeD1:

SARS has no right to ask anyone to unlock their phone without a search warrant.

You are part of the problems of this country. You don't solve a crime by committing another crime.

Right nice so don't come here complaining about g boy and all
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by zicoraads: 1:15pm On Apr 12, 2019
Bulleye:
You live in the northern part of the country where everybody mines gold and other precious stones and sell without remiting kobo to the federal purse. The North is a country by itself. Come to the South: where lawless security personnel are unleashed on law abiding citizens.
You lot should tackle your issues in the South. You often like to call us illiterates and unexposed.

So since you guys are exposed and educated, tackle your own issues.

And you, who lives in the South, where everyone kills for rituals. It is also the HQ of 419. Most of you are ritualists and frauds. So no surprise that the police will continue to harass you lot.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by mmadu5(m): 1:17pm On Apr 12, 2019
To all the cultists..We need u guys now. Stop killing each other and face your real enemy. Nigerian SARS and Nigerian police is your real enemy. SARS and nigerian police are not as invisible as u think.. They are humans like us,they have a family they are afraid to loose, they will beg for their life when tortured. Since their Oga and Federal government is so corrupt and deaf to our cry, let's start taking them out one after d other.. They can easily be tracked home, and slaughtered in cold blood, just as they do to innocent Nigerians. Don't wait for d next victim to die for nothing.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by partnerbizz4: 1:21pm On Apr 12, 2019
SEEDORF441:
Yes police have the power to search (police act S 33 to S43)
But don't forget the fundamental human rights (right to own property)
This kind of evidence is called direct evidence which is admissible
Police use physical force to the extent necessary to secure observance of the law or to restore order only when the exercise of persuasion, advice and warning is found to be insufficient.
Bro read Robert peel principles of modern policing.

Lol

You have just a smattering of this area.

Warrant is expressly needed for houses or dwelling place.

Is there any express requirement for such when property is involved?

2. Who is Robert peel?

What force does his principle have?

So because Obama supports abortion or gay rights, those are now binding?

I won't comment further except if you are ready to do a week research.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by partnerbizz4: 1:22pm On Apr 12, 2019
SEEDORF441:
Yes police have the power to search (police act S 33 to S43)
But don't forget the fundamental human rights (right to own property)
This kind of evidence is called direct evidence which is admissible
Police use physical force to the extent necessary to secure observance of the law or to restore order only when the exercise of persuasion, advice and warning is found to be insufficient.
Bro read Robert peel principles of modern policing.

Lol

You have just a smattering of this area.

Warrant is expressly needed for houses or dwelling place.

Is there any express requirement for such when property is involved?

2. Who is Robert peel?

What force does his principle have?

So because Obama supports abortion or gay rights, those are now binding?

I won't comment further except if you are ready to do a week research...
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by philosophie: 1:22pm On Apr 12, 2019
SoNature:

Generally, Nigerians are cowards.
If not,we would have had a revolution
not really, they are just too busy fighting religious and tribal wars. Ethnocentrism is our greatest undoing, Nigerians really need serious reorientation
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by partnerbizz4: 1:25pm On Apr 12, 2019
Vacora:

Dude, that’s incorrect. In your scenario, the judge can consider the evidence inadmissable in court albeit the evidence was obtained ‘unlawfully’ It is a matter of fact and not opinion. It can be considered ‘fruit from a poisoned tree’ Tell me why R.Kelly trial for the child sex tape a few years ago stalled? I am using this as a stated case for the moment.

Which legal principle is known as fruit from a poisoned tree?

Matter of fact and not opinion? Gosh! So facts now guide the operation of courts and not laws?

Consider inadmissible although obtained illegally? What a contradiction. Did you actually read that?

Gosh
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by partnerbizz4: 1:26pm On Apr 12, 2019
Vacora:

Under which law? Please explain. I dey wait.
Warrant is only needed when dwelling places are to be searched.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Akabuking: 1:27pm On Apr 12, 2019
zicoraads:
Nigerians are just tired.

The Government provides no job for you, and even if you decide to provide one for yourself, the agents of state will still make it hell for you.

See the number of people that are seated there. If only everyone decided to stand up and confront them, they'll retreat in fear. But see how everyone is just minding their business.

One thought though, we have these officers down North. Why are all the cases mostly, if not exclusively down South?
same question I asked few days ago. here in the north, we don't even know that SARS exist. A police man once told me that in the north, what we have is penal code while in the south what we practice is criminal code hence the brutality.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by jammyneutron007(m): 1:28pm On Apr 12, 2019
jennuel661:
Maybe he has something to hide that was why they dealt with him.

Maybe you have no sense at all that's why you have something unreasonable to say.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Gentleziggy(m): 1:37pm On Apr 12, 2019
It is not wise of him to confront those men with weapons, they could easily gun him down n say it was an "incidental discharge ."
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by soothsayer2: 1:49pm On Apr 12, 2019
I will keep praying until the day a son of the president, VP, Gov or anyone in the corridor of power becomes a victim of this brutality. Then, SARS would be reform by force. Based on this police brutality and human rights abuses, APC government is not helping the situation at all... Shame on you!
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Vipdike(m): 2:01pm On Apr 12, 2019
In case you are suffering from childless problems female or male, you have been married for several years without children after medical verification nothing is found out wrong with you or your spouse, contact me I have 100% solution.... WhatsApp me or call me 09068175350
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by santafe(m): 2:06pm On Apr 12, 2019
pillarmaria:
I don't know why I feel everybody commenting on this thread is a coward.

We shall still wail over this issue tomorrow, why don't we just take the bull by the horn, imagine if we all unite and stage a full week massive protest and shutdown all over the country, trust me FSARS would be reformed by force.

Imagine if 20 able bodied men had accosted the SARS operative for bullying and harasing the young man, Shit wouldn't have happened.

It's so pathetic! Exact same reason why blacks was taken into slavery? So docile, No United common purpose, tribalism infested brains.smh
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by santafe(m): 2:07pm On Apr 12, 2019
jammyneutron007:

Maybe you have no sense at all that's why you have something unreasonable to say.

What a shame the way he thinks? It's going to be his turn to be harassed tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by AZeD1(m): 2:18pm On Apr 12, 2019
Alexrayz:

Right nice so don't come here complaining about g boy and all
So only G boys carry phone or what?
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by BiafraIsFree: 2:21pm On Apr 12, 2019
You are quoting useless constitution to Fulani jihadists in uniforms armed to oppressing those deceiving themselves to be a Nigerian while they are not.

There was a country.

Boycott Hausa Fulani jihadists economy.

SEEDORF441:
This too much
He didn't deserve this now moreover no petition against him that he is in possession of any stolen items. assuming he is guilty of any case charged on him he will still be a suspect until court pronounced him as a criminal
Only court can determine innocent or guilt of an accused person.

He should take a legal step
Problem we are having in Nigeria is not lack of laws but lack of weak powers to implement the law

Where are human right activists in Nigeria

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by mondaypemisire(m): 2:23pm On Apr 12, 2019
Sarz is find money for this Easter period.....
last week sarz cum to our local govt.ilaje local goverment area cum arrest innocent person...... ghg
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Vacora(m): 2:25pm On Apr 12, 2019
partnerbizz4:

Warrant is only needed when dwelling places are to be searched.

So in this case, when did a public place become a dwelling? Or are you telling me a market or a public road is a ‘dwelling’?
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 12, 2019
IamD18:
The annoying and bitter fact about this, is that, at the end of this case, the innocent guy will spend to get his phone back.

The way these security personnels abuse their power on innocent citizens is just too annoying for my liking.

May they meet their doom in the hands of the real criminals and terrorists.

That's if he doesn't know what to do.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Vacora(m): 2:32pm On Apr 12, 2019
[quote author=partnerbizz4 post=77481568]

Which legal principle is known as fruit from a poisoned tree?

Matter of fact and not opinion? Gosh! So facts now guide the operation of courts and not laws?

Consider inadmissible although obtained illegally? What a contradiction. Did you actually read that?

Dude, you twisted yourself in nuts. The officers acted outside the scope of their legal powers and you do not have a clue what you are talking about. The search remains unlawful. No evidence to suggest the owner of the phone is a criminal other than your opinion. That does not count for crap. These officers should account for their actions and be reprimanded. Please do some research on Evidence and Procedures then we can have a debate. By the way, have you ever seen a warrant or executed one? Nna just stop dia grin

And courts look at FACTS not opinion. Fact here is no offence committed, the police were on what we call a “fishing expedition’ it is wrong and should not happen in any sane society.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by SEEDORF441(m): 2:35pm On Apr 12, 2019
BiafraIsFree:
You are quoting useless constitution to Fulani jihadists in uniforms armed to oppressing those deceiving themselves to be a Nigerian while they are not.

There was a country.

Boycott Hausa Fulani jihadists economy.

We have people with great ideas who can deliver and change the system for good but Nigeria government lack receptive ends they are not just ready to receive new ideas for greater Nigeria

Am not sure Nigeria police do review and check balance the force
People keep suffering in this country from the hands of our law enforcements
Who will help this country??
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by BiafraIsFree: 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2019
They are jihadists.
gassbee:
bros, stop joking wit ur life, they could have killed you n nothing much wil happen, if they want to search your phone, just allow them search it, dem no send ur rights, those guys are ruthless
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by BiafraIsFree: 2:46pm On Apr 12, 2019
SEEDORF441:
We have people with great ideas who can deliver and change the system for good but Nigeria government lack receptive ends they are not just ready to receive new ideas for greater Nigeria

Am not sure Nigeria police do review and check balance the force
People keep suffering in this country from the hands of our law enforcements
Who will help this country??

Support Lord Mazi Nnamdi Kanu for Biafra restoration.

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by PapaAdanna: 2:49pm On Apr 12, 2019
drmikeadams:
. Them never push us reach any limit..there will never be any revolution in dis country grin grin we RE still very comfortable shouting atikulate and sai baba grin grin play bet9ja ;baba ijebu ;oloshoism wit our e no concern me attitude..yahoo boiz for don arrange themselves;gather money motivate other youths;every body enter street for one full week as sarz matter dey trend now..carry chanels tv;tvc etc...post link go aljazeera ..once and for all... grin but e no concern us
To revolutionize this nation is very easy but the youths are so distracted. But trust it is gonna happen in no time
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by gwazah49: 2:59pm On Apr 12, 2019
Even the devil himself is afraid of fsars.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by oaktown101(m): 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2019
Bleep NIGERIAN POLICE! Bleep NIGERIAN POLICE!! Bleep NIGERIAN POLICE!!! The government don't seems to be doing anything about this issue. We will be forced to start ambushing police men soon since the government doesn't want to curb the excesses of the fucking animals they put out there on the street.

I will fight any police man that hit me to death!!! I will not allow any police man to abuse my right anymore. I am so sick of these animals going after young man trying to earn a living for themselves. They harasses the youth everywhere. Were these animals not trained

All Nigerian Police deserve to die except Abba Kyari. He seems like the only reasonable Nigerian police man. Bleep Nigerian Police i hope they all meet their terrible death in the hands of the real criminals. #endsars now.
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Chicastle: 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2019
Then no dey try all this pool for warri
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Grinstuff(m): 3:32pm On Apr 12, 2019
That's nonsense talk. Fraud or not, there's something called privacy(you can look it up or have someone explain to you) They don't have the right to infringe on your privacy, unless they have a warrant for it and it must be due to a probable cause. Ignorant folks like you are the ones empowering mediocrity and barbarism.
Alexrayz:

Before everyone will come saying SARS this and that y can't he simply unlock his phone the truth is we part of the problem here no one won't say they are not a aware of the upscale in fruad and all in this country he ask u to open the phone open it did he ask u for bribe did he say he want to take ur phone yeah people we say he has no right to tell me who nw has right to ..it just dude forming big up and all it won't take anything to just be silient and answer their question instead of forming what u not

1 Like

Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by Alexrayz(m): 3:34pm On Apr 12, 2019
AZeD1:

So only G boys carry phone or what?

Let stop we know what happening in d country d security situation if u have nothing to hide y not just show them let me ask u if it was a navy man or soldier would he have reacted the same way let stop d charade that it about look for who and who has authority the truth is so far it from a policeman or SARS operative most Nigerians choose not not respect their office
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by tillaman(m): 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2019
Alexrayz:

Before everyone will come saying SARS this and that y can't he simply unlock his phone the truth is we part of the problem here no one won't say they are not a aware of the upscale in fruad and all in this country he ask u to open the phone open it did he ask u for bribe did he say he want to take ur phone yeah people we say he has no right to tell me who nw has right to ..it just dude forming big up and all it won't take anything to just be silient and answer their question instead of forming what u not
bro you are sounding like you are a foreigner, even if he is a fraudster or just as you said they are aware of the upscale of fraud in the country do you think they are actually searching his phone to curb fraudsters or to arrest him and drive him to the nearest ATM spot and exploit the dude, cause you are sounding like they care about the country or it’s people, if they do why must they hit him with that plank!!
Re: You Have No Right To Search My Phone - Guy Cries Out As SARS Officers Slap Him by AZeD1(m): 4:08pm On Apr 12, 2019
Alexrayz:

Let stop we know what happening in d country d security situation if u have nothing to hide y not just show them let me ask u if it was a navy man or soldier would he have reacted the same way let stop d charade that it about look for who and who has authority the truth is so far it from a policeman or SARS operative most Nigerians choose not not respect their office
Nigeria became a terrible place because of people like you: always finding a way to justify illegality.

The fact that you think a Soldier even has the right to stop people on the road shows how lost you are.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CCTV Footage Of Suicide Bomber Entering A Church In Sri Lanka / LUTH Reacts To 18-Year-Old Sales Girl Raped By Dispatcher / Young Man Kills His Mother In Benin City, Smashes Her Head Open. Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.