Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,802 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Purple Roses - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Purple Roses (79403 Views)

Guns And Roses 18+ / Roses And Thorns / Roses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
stblessing:
you're not serious, see your face like jealous.
Lol.. I take that as a compliment.

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 10:46pm On Jul 19, 2019
They got some distance away from the scene, all of them, quiet. Suddenly, Gift stopped and turned to him.
"You can let go of me now" she commanded angrily.
Edwin realized he had still been holding Gift. He couldn't help it. Her hands were so soft and tender and it felt like heaven.
"Oh" he said "Sorry"
"Did you really have to do all that?"
"Do what?”
"Claim that you were my boyfriend.... and in front of so many people!!"
"I was only trying to scare the fool away. No big deal"
"Yes it is. What if Rose were there, how'd you think she'd feel?"
Edwin kept quiet. He actually did that so he could get a feel of her, something he'd been longing for. It was so amazing being able to touch her big backside, and he couldn't do that if she wasn't his girlfriend.
"Look, I really appreciate all your help, but I hope this is the last time such repeats itself. I don't like being taking unawares like that, okay? Thank you"
She turned and began walking away. As he watched her hips sway from side to side, he couldn't help it.
He jus got more urge to have her.
They watched the video the last time before Doris shook her head and dropped her phone back in her bag. Michelle and Sandra were just astonished.
"See" Doris finally said "I told you that girl was bad news, Rose needs to hear of this" she declared with fire in her eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 10:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
This Edwin is aiming for what will kill himshocked
Make that fool sha no disrupt the cordial relationship between Rose and Gift oo.. If not, he will see the other side of me..(Fuming)
Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 10:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
A plate of pepper soup and Smirnoff for my Pretty OP..
You are doing a great job, keep it coming.
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 11:05pm On Jul 19, 2019
YoungBruzzy:
A plate of pepper soup and Smirnoff for my Pretty OP..

You are doing a great job, keep it coming.
Thank you, but don't u think Smirnoff is too strong for me? grin
Re: Purple Roses by Purplephoenix(m): 1:01am On Jul 20, 2019
Hm hmmm Edwin mind yourself OOO

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 6:27am On Jul 20, 2019
stblessing:

Thank you, but don't u think Smirnoff is too strong for me? grin

Ehhn Smirnoff is not too strong ooo, it's meant for ladies naa cheesy
If you see any man taking Smirnoff, then he is a chickenhearted man not a real man. cheesy
Re: Purple Roses by Ann2012(f): 7:33am On Jul 20, 2019
YoungBruzzy:

I thought as much..
You must have been a guru in Hausa language by now... Like you speaking it fluently??

Kinda
Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 8:51am On Jul 20, 2019
Ann2012:

Kinda
Ladies ehnn cheesy Darris good, I sha hope that you will teach me too?? uhnnnn
Re: Purple Roses by BiadeFolar(m): 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2019
Blessing you're doing a great job here. I hope to see this put together sometime as a book.
Good stuff. Keep it up.
Re: Purple Roses by greatme2good(f): 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2019
stblessing:

you're not serious, see your face like jealous.
When are we expecting another update ma
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2019
greatme2good:
When are we expecting another update ma
Anytime from now, thanks.
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2019
BiadeFolar:
Blessing you're doing a great job here. I hope to see this put together sometime as a book.
Good stuff. Keep it up.
thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 10:39am On Jul 21, 2019
Blessing where art thou oooo grin
Happy Sunday Dear, Pls don't forget to give us an update today ooooo cheesy
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 2:24pm On Jul 21, 2019
Rose arrived home early that day, tired and exhausted. She slouched on the sofa and heaved a sigh of relief. Just then, the words of Doris began to pour into her head. She had seen the video, and waved it of as a sign of friendship from Edwin's part, but Doris was adamant. She insisted that Gift was up to no good.
"Even if it just seemed as an ordinary act of friendship, what if it was more than that? What if they have already started developing feelings for each other?"
Then she burst the bubble.
"I caught him Rose. I caught him staring lustfully at Gift the first day he saw her. He might have already started having feelings for her. Don't allow some maid to take your man away from you girl, open your eyes"
The words kept ringing and ringing. She became confused. Would Gift really betray her? Would she ruin her relationship?
Just at that moment, Gift came out of the kitchen with a mug in her hand. She beamed when she saw her friend.
"Hey girl, what's up?"
Rose looked at her and kept quiet for a while. She noticed that Gift was truly a beauty to behold. With that gorgeous face and perfect body, who wouldn't fall for her? her heart skipped a beat.
"Are you okay Rose?" Gift asked worriedly.
"Can we talk Gift?"
Gift walked up to her and sat next to her. Rose took a deep breath before releasing the surprising question quickly.
"Do you like Edwin?"
Gift crumpled her face "What?"
"Do you like Edwin, Gift, it's a simple question"
"Of course I don't, why would you ask me that?"
ignoring the question, she dropped another shocking one.
"But do you think he likes you?"
"I wouldn't know, I'm not in his mind. Hold on, what's up with all the strange questions?"
"Nothing. I just wanna be sure I'm not contending with anyone for my mans heart. You know how much I love him right?"
Gift smiled and held her friends hand.
"You have absolutely nothing to worry about. Even if he does like me, I'll never reciprocate the feelings because I have no feelings for him. I'll never do anything to hurt you, you know that"
"You better keep to your words. Because the one thing I can never forgive in my life is betrayal. If I find out that you and Edwin are playing dirty games with me.......you'll be sorry you ever met me" she threatened with so much coldness in her voice. Gift had never seen her like that before. It was for like a moment, Rose was gone and who she was seeing was a woman filled with vengeance and hate.
Rose slowly stood up from the seat and headed for her room while Gift watched her with fear in her eyes.

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2019
Thanks for the update dear, More ink to your pen, You are the best you know.. cheesycheesycheesy Just keep it coming, I'm here for you.. winks
Re: Purple Roses by Ann2012(f): 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by Winnygold: 10:56pm On Jul 22, 2019
I love it pls where is the next page? Lol
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 9:51am On Jul 23, 2019
Episode 6
Genevieve chattered away with a small group of her friends as they made of their various hostels after the days strenuous lectures. She seemed to be the only one talking as she didn't let anyone say anything because she was always cutting them off. She was really annoying but hey, she was Genevieve. No reasonable Lady present there wanted a tongue lashing that warm afternoon.
They had arrived a stone throw from their hostel, when a familiar Red Honda CR-V drove up to them. The glass whined down, and none other than Uchenna popped up his head with a smile on his face.
"Hello girls" he greeted.
"Hi" all the girls, except Genevieve responded. She just folded her arms and looked away in disgust.
Uchenna turned to her "Miss, may I have a word with you?" he asked
Genevieve looked at him and shook her head ''What? Do you want to kidnap me like you almost kidnapped my friend? ”
Uchenna looked shocked "What? Absolutely not! I just need to see you for something important that's all. I promise that my intentions are pure, please" he pleaded with a soft but persuasive voice.
Genevieve thought for a while and decided to go with him. She looked at him and sighed.
"Fine"
She waved her friends goodbye and hopped in his car.
"Where are we going?" she asked.
"To that eatery across your gate"
She nodded and he began to drive.
When they arrived, they settled down and he told her to order anything she wanted. She ordered a meal of Fufu with Egusi soup and he had to watch in disgust as she ate the food like a mad pig. All through out, he had to pretend that he was happy with her. Finally, she was done and he heaved a sigh of relief. He had to wait for another ten minutes for the food to 'sink in' before they could talk.
"Chai, I've forgotten how it felt to eat good food. Its been so so garri and indomie since this week. Thank God for you bros"
He gave a fake smile.
"You're welcome, now can we talk about what we ACTUALLY came here for?"
"Sure, what's the problem?"
"Its about Ngozi, I would like you to give me her number please ”
"Hmmmm, let me think..... HELL NO!"
"Why not?"he asked, feeling betrayed.
" One, because she'd kill me, two, you don't even deserve it"
"She must have told you about us, right"
She nodded. He sighed. He began telling her everything, from the first time they met, till their break up. He didn't hold back, and by the end, Genevieve was already in tears.
"Oh my God, that's so touching. But you're still an idiot you know that?"
"Why?"
"You should have investigated the matter before concluding she was cheating on you. You know that Ngozi is a sensitive person"
"I know, that's why I wanna make things right. Just help me out, please"
She thought for a while "OK"
She brought out her phone and called out her number to him. He saved it and jumped up.
"Thanks so much, I'll forever be grateful"
"You're welcome. Call her fast fast oooo, I think you deserve her" she smiled.
He nodded and stormed out of the hall.

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by iamlynn(f): 10:06am On Jul 23, 2019
Nice one but who's Genevieve?
Re: Purple Roses by Ann2012(f): 10:06am On Jul 23, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2019
iamlynn:
Nice one but who's Genevieve?
Gifts close friend, she is mentioned in the previous episode.
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 11:41am On Jul 23, 2019
Later that night, Gift was studying in her room for an upcoming test when her phone rang. She checked the caller ID but it was an unknown number. After some moments of ringing, she picked it up.
"Hello?"
"Hello Ngozi, its me Uchenna''
She froze immediately at the mention of the name.
" Uche.....wh....how did you get my number?"
"That doesn't matter. We need to talk please"
"Can you get of my line you slowpoke? There's nothing to talk about, what do you want?"
"Look Ngo, I know you're mad at me, but you need to understand that it wasn't my fault. You know how close I was to Ude, don't you? He connived with my mother"
"Really, you chose to believe that goat over me Uche. That clearly showed that you value him more than me"
"You know that's not true Ngo, please"
"Stop justifying your actions Uche, you called me a freaking LovePeddler for Gods sake. You used my poor condition and family background against me you bastard!"
"Ngozi, I'm sor....."
"STOP APOLOGIZING, you're only wasting your time. Listen you slowpoke, I've moved on and I've completely forgotten about you. I don't know the fool that gave you my number but let this be the first and last time you'll ever call me again. Stay away from me or else, I'll charge you to court okay? IDIOT!!" she hissed and cut the call before cleaning her sweaty face. Just then, someone knocked on her door.
"Come in"
Iniobong opened the door and walked in.
''Gift, are you okay? "
"I'm fine Ini, thanks"
"But you were just yelling, who was that on the phone"
She was hesitant.
"You know I'm your friend dear, I see you as my daughter all ready. Tell me what the problem is"
She sighed "It was my ex boyfriend"
Ini walked to the bed and sat on it. Gift began to pour out herself. She told Ini about Uche, and how they broke up. By the end of the long story, Gift was in tears.
"That's pathetic indeed" Ini began "But maybe you are being to rash"
"What do you mean?"
"Gift, in life, we humans are bound to make mistakes. Relationships can be sloppy sometimes. They aren't a bed of roses. There are times when the second party makes mistakes, and it seems unforgivable. But when we look into the matter, we find out that we might also have a hand in that mistake"
"How?"
''Gift,how could you have been so careless to follow a full grown man into the bush alone all in the name of friendship and surprises? Didn't common sense tell you that that was wrong and suspicious? "
She kept silent for a while.
''I suppose you have a point "
" Exactly. Sometimes were are too quick to judge the other person without judging ourselves first"
"But still, he still called me all sort of disgusting names and used my poor background against me, is that forgivable?"
"He made a mistake, and he has realized it. Now its time for you to realize your mistakes and let go of the pain. It takes two to make it work dear, think about it”
She stood up and headed for the door "At the end of the day, the choice is still yours. I hope you choose wisely my dear"
She opened the door and walked out, leaving Gift in deep thoughts.
Uchenna dropped the phone slowly after she cut the call. Once again, she had closed the door of her hearts on him. He was downcast.
"Maybe I should just give up" he muttered.
He took another sip and dropped the empty bottle. He then ordered for another bottle of Guinness, the third so far.
"I'm loosing my mind Amos"
"Because of a girl?"
"I can't help it, she's driving me crazy. I need to have her.....And I'll make sure I get her"
"You are mad Edwin! What's gonna happen to Rose Edwin"
"I still haven't forgotten her you know"
"Then stop going after her best friend! Be faithful for once in four life!!"
"Don't talk to me about being faithful, you're not a saint, so don't come preaching to me!!"
"I know I'm not a saint, but at least I don't jump from one girl to another like my life depends on it"
"Why are you so concerned about Rose, do you like her?"
Amos opened his mouth to talk but the words wouldn't come out.
"I see.."
" Youre drunk, you dont know what you are saying. And Don't try to change the topic Edwin, its you we're talking about here. I'm worried about you"
"Bleep you and your concern. I can live my life the way I want and I don't need you telling me what to do okay?" he hissed and staggered out of the bar while Amos watched with worry in his eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Purple Roses by Ann2012(f): 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by greatme2good(f): 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2019
Why do I hate Edwin so much

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by Purplephoenix(m): 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2019
greatme2good:
Why do I hate Edwin so much
As in ehhh
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2019
Episode 7
The volume of the Disco music went higher after George blew out the numerous candles that was dug in his 3 layer cake. It was his 53rd birthday that day, and a huge party was held in his honor. As usual, it was the mansion and it was a night party. It was graced by various dignitaries such as the governor, commissioners and their representatives and some business tycoons.

Gift was one of those serving the meals that night. However, she refused to serve the high guests for fear of what happened last time. When she was done, she took permission and quietly went to the back of the house by the poolside. She wanted to be alone and clear her head. She had been thinking about what Iniobong told her these past few days and she was really confused. Maybe she should just forgive him and call him but pride wouldn't let her. Just as she was swimming in the pool of her own thoughts, a pair of cold sweaty hands covered her unsuspecting eyes. She became cold.

"Who's there?"
"You're supposed to guess silly"
"Edwin, is that you?"
He removed his palms and she turned to him
"How'd you figure?"
"Please, it's not really difficult to recognize that cracked voice of yours"
He grinned "Can I join you"
"Sure"she responded nervously.
He sat beside her and for a moment, there was silence between them.
"So, what are you doing here, I thought there was a party" he decided to break it.
"What are YOU doing here?"she countered.
"I just got bored so I felt like strolling. By the way, you look absolutely stunning tonight"
"Like this?"she raised her hands.
She wasn't over dressed that night. She just wore a short, plain blue dress, and her long natural hair was tied to a ponytail. She had on very light make up.
"Yup, actually, you always look beautiful Gift. And I think I like you"
He placed his hands on her palm and her face became red hot.
"Stop it Edwin, what about Rose?"
"What about her? I'm not doing anything wrong"
"Yes you are"
"Look, you need to stop worrying about her okay. I get that she's your friend, but she shouldn't stop you from enjoying yourself and having fun"
"But she's your girlfriend, if she finds out..."
"Shhh"he put his finger on her lips. "She doesn't have to"
He drew closer to her for a kiss.

Meanwhile, The passion dance was about to start and Rose was searching franatically for Edwin. She approached Doris who was getting ready with her surprisingly handsome partner.

"Doris, have you seen Edwin. The dance is about start and I don't have a partner"
"No" Doris explained.
"Actually"Michelle cut in "I think I saw him headed that way" she said pointing to the direction of the poolside.
"Are you sure, Mich?"
"Yeah?"
"Ok, let me go there"
She left them and headed for the poolside.

Edwin drew closer to Gift and her heart beat faster. At that moment, she couldn't help but admire those pink kissable lips, those golden eyes of his and his coily hair. Come to think of it, he sorta looked like Uchenna. Just one kiss wouldn't hurt, would it? She drew closer to him and soon, their lips were locked in a lustful kiss. Unbeknownst to them, Rose had been standing there, watching the both of them with a melted face.

"Edwin....Gift"

"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purple Roses by gennysq(f): 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2019
Why would Ngozi do that..... embarassed
Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 7:52pm On Jul 24, 2019
This Ngozi of a girl is such a cheap SL*t.. imagine stabbing her helper in her back..
that's just so uncalled for.

Rose should just do away with her jorrrr..

Thanks for the update OP
Re: Purple Roses by greatme2good(f): 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2019
Why did she do this na...let her go back to the village.

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by greatme2good(f): 9:18pm On Jul 24, 2019
Why did she do that na...let her go back to the village.

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 2:08pm On Jul 25, 2019
"Edwin... Gift?" she asked again with tears welled up in her eyes. Edwin and Gift immediately stood up with shock all over their faced. Gift couldn't believe her eyes and one could hear the sound of her heart beat from a distance. She shivered and sweated from head to toe. What, had she done.

Rose slowly drew closer to them with a dropped jaw. Edwin began to panic.
"Rose, I can explain, its not what you th...."
he was interrupted with a heavy slap on his fair face.
"Shut the fvck up your bastard!!" She turned to Gift "And you.....HOW DARE YOU?!!!!"
She descended heavily on her and grabbed her hair. It was natural, so you could only imagine the pain she was going through as she dragged it left and right with all her might. She landed several slaps and blows on her and even some kicks. She began to scream on top of her voice.

The screaming of both women from the struggles must have been heard by the people in the party as they began to rush to the scene. By the time George arrived, Gift was already struggling in the pool. Rose was about to dive in and continue attack when George and some other men restrained her.
"You fvcking witch!! Upon everything I've done for you, you still had the morale to KISS MY BOYFRIEND!!! how could you, I trusted you..." she said before breaking down. By then, some people like Doris and her group dropped their jaws and were murmuring amongst themselves. Some shook their heads. Susan watched with disgust on her face.
"I swear to God I will make you pay for this . I'm gonna kill you!!!!!" she declared before wriggling free and storming away. By then, Edwin was long gone. He had sneaked away from the party, admist all the commotion, never to be seen again.

George bent down and picked Ngozi up.
"Go to your room and don't come out until I say so"
She nodded her head. By then, her face was soaked in water and tears "Yes Sir" she turned and met the disappointing and angry faces of the crowd. She covered her face in shame and ran off.

Rose locked herself in her room, destroying everything she saw. Soon, someone started to bang on her door.
"GET OUT!!!"
"Rose, its me your mum"
Rose recognized her mothers voice and opened the door for her. Immediately she walked in, she threw her arms around her
"Oh mum, I can't believe this, this isn't happening. Please tell me its all a dream"
"Im so sorry my love. But I warned you, didn't I?. I told you to be wary of that woman but you wouldn't listen. Now she has shown her true colours and you are the most affected"
"Please stop talking about her, I hate her so much" she pleaded before burying her face in her mothers chest.

Gift paced left and right in her room as she bit her finger. Her head was pounding from the thoughts that filled her head. Why did she do it? What was going to happen? She was sure she was gonna loose her job after this. If that happened, where would she go?
"Ah, God I'm finished. Edwin may God punish you OOO, its over" she broke down.
Just then, someone knocked on her door. Without response, it opened and Ini walked in.
"Gift, what happened?" she hurried to her.
"Aunty Ini, I'm finished. Edwin has finally killed me. What's more murderous than kissing ROSE OKOYE'S boyfriend? its over, I should just die now"she explained pacing around like a mad person
"Oh God, you shouldn't have let that happened Gift. You know how Rose is with her things, especially that boyfriend of hers"
"I couldn't help it. I was confused and depressed, I didn't know when I got lost in my emotions and did it. What am I going to do oooo?" she explained and she was sincere. "Let me just start packing my bags"
she headed for her cupboard, opened it began to ransack it. Ini just stared at her with worry in her face.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Lucifer's Key / Victims Of Passion / The One Who Awaits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.