Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Purple Roses - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Purple Roses (79499 Views)

Guns And Roses 18+ / Roses And Thorns / Roses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 10:16pm On Jul 03, 2019
"Well, do you forgive me?" She repeated
"Fine, just mind yourself Biko" Rose warned and headed for the cupboard. She opened it and brought out a white nylon which had SHOPRITE imprinted on it. She smiled and handed it to Gift.
"For you"
Gift took it and opened it. She raised her brows and gasped in amazement. There were beautiful dresses stacked neatly inside, all wrapped up and packaged well. She couldn't believe it.
"You brought all these for me?"
"Yeah. I've noticed that you don't have enough clothes. So, I got you some. Surprise!"
"Awwww, thanks" she said and hugged her.
"Come to think of it, why don't you have enough clothes? Aren't you paid a salary?"
"I am, but it all goes to my mother in the village. She's sick you know, and I need to take care of her"
"Eyahhh, but you should at least take some to take care of yourself, I'm sure she would understand"
Gift shrugged her shoulders
"I'll think about it. Anyways, I need to go now. Madam said I should prepare rice for dinner. Thanks for the gift again"
"Sure, anytime. What are friends for"
Gift nodded her head and picked up her cleaning items. She headed out of the room.
"I'll be coming to your room this night oooooo"
"Okay, no probs" she responded.
Uchenna typed furiously on his laptop as he sweated profusely. His eyes were fixed on the screen of the computer in stern concentration due to the nature of the records he was typing. After he was done, he sighed and stretched his neck in relief.
"Finally"he muttered. He had been at that job for hours.
After some time, his large Apple smartphone rang. He picked it up checked the caller ID. It was Erinma, his mother. He hissed and cut the call. He had vowed never to pick a single call from her again after he found out what she did. He had discovered that it was her who had set Ngozi up and ruined their relationship. But, it was too late.
It all started two years ago. Uchenna had visited the palace for a vacation since he started work in the city. One cool evening, he had decided to stroll the gardens a little. He followed the backdoor and caught two maids talking, probably gossiping their lives away. Curiously, he decided to listen to them, before giving them the scolding of their lives.
"Ehenh, Ada, I wanted to ask you about that girl that came to the queen few weeks ago to ask help from her. I remember seeing that same girl few months ago, arguing with the prince, even though I don't know what they argued about" said the short and rather ugly maid
"Oh, I remember her. Hm, can you believe that, that was the princes girlfriend?"
The ugly maid raised her brows. "Hm!"
"Yes, but that isn't the gist of it. The prince intended to marry her but his mother destroyed the relationship. How? She coninived with Udenna, who is supposed to be his best friend oooo, and set up the poor girl. They paid some ruffian to lure and rape her and then brought the prince to the scene so it would seem she was cheating on him. I don't know how they really pulled it off, though" she explained.
"Wow, that woman is mean oooo" her listener said while clapping her hands.
Uchenna stood where he was, frozen and dumbfounded. He couldn't believe his ears. Was it just some fairytale? Was the maid making up stories? No, Adanne was one of the Queen's closest maid. She couldn't be lying. He shook his head and confronted them.
"Adanne!" He bellowed.
Both girls turned back and became frightened at his sight.
"Umm, good evening my prince. How long have you been there?" Adanne asked nervously.
"Everything you said now, is it true?"
" Everything i........"
"Don't play jokes with me!!! Tell me the truth!!!" He roared.
"Yes, yes my prince" the poor girl squeaked.
He breathed furiously and began storming away. Those good-for-nothing liars were gonna pay.
"Heeyeh! Chinyere you and your gossip will kill me oooooo" said Ada panicking and jogging after him.
Udenna whistled away as he washed the black hilux van that stood in front of him, unsuspecting of any danger. Suddenly, he heard his name from behind and before he could react, the prince ran a punch on his face, which threw him down. Unsatisfied, he pounced on him and punched him furiously.
"Good for nothing snake, how could you, I TRUSTED YOU!!!!!!"
Soon, the entire members of the palace poured out to separate the two. It was a state of pandemonium. When Uche had been calmed, Erinma came to him.
"Uchenna, what's the meaning of this?!"
"DON'T UCHENNA ME! How, how could you mum. How could you take away from me the only woman I have ever loved all because of your selfishness. Is that how you are?"
Erinmas heart skipped and she became nervous.
"Uche....wh.... what are you talking abo......."
"Don't you dare play innocent with me. I know the truth now. I know about both of your evil schemes" he said pointing at Ude.
"And you know what? I swear that you're gonna pay for this, all of you!!!!" He barked and entered the car. He began to drive furiously to the gate admist pleas from Erinma and others.
"Open the fucking gate!!!!" He yelled at the gate guard who quickly obeyed. Like a flash of lightning, Uchenna zoomed out of the palace.
As he drove, he had tears in his eyes. How, how could he have been so stupid. He never should have treated Ngozi that way. But would she ever forgive him? After all the names he called her. 'slut, LovePeddler, daughter of a drunkard' he remembered it all and the more he did, the more the tears kept flowing.
"Bleep you Uchenna" he muttered.
He arrived her compound but the door was locked. He checked the backyard but it was deserted, nothing in the kitchen. He went back to the front and called a young woman who was passing by.
"Please do you know where the occupants of this house went?" He asked after she greeted.
"Oh, Mama Ngozi and Ngozi. Actually, I don't know. You see, they packed out from this house a few months ago and nobody knows there whereabouts I'm afraid. Even Obinna has gone missing"
"Ohhhh shit!" He cried after punching the car. The tears came back.
"My prince, is there any problem?" She asked concerndly.
"No there isn't. Thanks for your help" he replied while wiping his eyes. He got into his car and drove off, to clear his head.....

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by skubido(m): 9:16am On Jul 04, 2019
Hmmmmm

Tanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by damselposh(f): 9:49am On Jul 04, 2019
I have been following and i must confess, you are doing really good.

No one is perfect and you know that, just give your updates chapters or episodes and correct few grammatical errors and then you are good to go.

My opinion though.

Shalom

3 Likes

Re: Purple Roses by greatme2good(f): 9:50am On Jul 04, 2019
It's getting interesting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purple Roses by Ann2012(f): 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2019
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2019
damselposh:
I have been following and i must confess, you are doing really good.

No one is perfect and you know that, just give your updates chapters or episodes and correct few grammatical errors and then you are good to go.

My opinion though.

Shalom
Thanks dear, I'll look into what you observed.
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 8:53pm On Jul 04, 2019
He later moved out of the palace and vowed never to return again. He moved to Owerri and started life afresh. He started managing his already late fathers oil company and his other properties there.
Uchenna switched off his phone so as to enable the constant ringing which was starting to give him a headache. Few minutes later, a tall, lanky and dark skinned lady dressed in a black suit walked in. She had pimples all over her face. She was Uchennas loyal and pretty secretary, Jane.
"Sir, the investors have arrived" she told him after prostrating.
He sat up and widened his eyes.
"Really, are you sure?"
"Yes, sir. They are waiting in the board room"
"Uhhh, okay..." He got up and began picking up the necessary documents he needed. This was going to be one of the biggest and most crucial meetings of his life. His company, Ezenwa oil and gas, had been facing some financial difficulties these past few years and it was threatening to fold. He decided to form a partnership with multi million naira oil industry, Sunfield Oil and gas so as to save his fathers crumbling legacy. He had called for a meeting that Saturday and as usual, he was nervous.
He looked at his reflection on his phone and wiped his face. He dressed his collar and made sure his suit was in place. When he was done, he approached Jane and asked her.
"So, how do I look?"
Jane smiled a little, while blushing as well and replied "perfect"
Uche nodded and made a quick, silent prayer.
"Don't worry, we'll get the alliance. I know that" she assured.
"Thanks" he responded. He opened the door and pointed charmingly outside "After you"
Jane smiled again and walked outside. Uche followed and locked the door.
They walked to the boardroom in silence and nervousness. They finally arrived and opened the door. All the guests were already seated, including Susan and George, the General Managers of Sunfield and a few foreigners. Uchenna greeted them and walked in front of the room. The briefing started in earnest.
Uchenna told them a brief history of Ezenwa oil and it's achievements so far. He told them it's current total net worth and the benefits that would be attained from the alliance. He tried his best to be as fluent and persuasive as possible and made the offer too good to resist. When he was done, the investors asked him a few questions which he all answered well. After which, he and Jane we're excused from the room so they could talk amongst themselves.
Uchenna was restless all throughout his stay outside. He kept asking Jane questions about his performance and even though she told him he was fine, he refused to be satisfied.
"I cleared my throat too much. And I kept saying 'um...um' like I was not sure of what I was saying. Wasn't my voice too loud? Oh God, I failed terribly!" He lamented. Jane covered her ears and kept rolling her eyes.
After what seemed like eternity, they were call back in. Uchenna went back to his former position and tried to cover his nervousness. George was the first to speak up.
"Um" he cleared his throat "Mr Ezenwa. We looked into the offer that you have given us thus far, and after much deliberation and discussion amongst ourselves, we have decided to accept your offer and form an alliance with you"
"YES!!!" Uche exclaimed excitedly without thinking twice. When he realized himself, he laughed a little bit and corrected himself "I mean, thank you very much, you will not regret your decision"
"We hope not" said Susan amused. She dipped her hand into her bag and brought out a document.
"Right there are our terms and conditions of the agreement. Go through it and let me know if there are any problems you have with them" she explained. He tool it and nodded his head.
"You'll be coming over to our house tomorrow for the signing of the necessary documents. Remember to come with a camera man if possible and your secretary. Here's my address. The time you'll be coming is also indicated there" she said and handed him a piece of paper. He felt uneasy at the idea as he took it but he didn't refuse it anyways.
"Thank you madam" he greeted once again.
"You're welcome. Anyways, we'll be leaving now" she announced as all the members stood up and got ready to go. They shook hands with Uchenna before he and Jane lead them out of the building. When he returned, all the employees stopped moving and stared at him expectantly waiting for a response from him, nervousness written all over their faces. Work had frozen and it seemed time had stopped. This would determine whether or not they would still retain their jobs there. Uche jokingly kept a sad face which brought down their spirits before he lit up again and shouted.
"DRINKS ON ME, FOLKS!!!!!"
The entire building was thrown into excitement. Some heaved sighs of relief. They shouted on top of their voices and danced around. Those who couldn't contain their joy rushed and hugged their strict boss. He hugged them back, he was too happy to refuse.
Work closed early that day and all the interested workers followed Uchenna to the nearest bar to celebrate. Those who were too 'holy' declined and retired to their homes for rest instead. It was indeed a joyous day for all of them.

3 Likes

Re: Purple Roses by bossy512(f): 10:01pm On Jul 04, 2019
Nice update, thanks
Re: Purple Roses by BiadeFolar(m): 11:41pm On Jul 04, 2019
thank you blessing
Re: Purple Roses by Emex100(m): 12:19am On Jul 05, 2019
gosh.....come and update oh
i feel for Ngozi
Re: Purple Roses by Ann2012(f): 2:41am On Jul 05, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by mamaa88(f): 2:54am On Jul 05, 2019
Woooow pls don't let UC met Rose first, let him see NG first. Thanks for d update
Re: Purple Roses by skubido(m): 9:19am On Jul 05, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2019
Thanks for the update.
Re: Purple Roses by Purplephoenix(m): 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
Hmmmm
Thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by Obisteve42: 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2019
Where's our update?

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 5:46pm On Jul 08, 2019
He got home very late that night, drunk and heavy headed. He was barely able to drive home but was lucky to make it in one piece.
He got down from the car and staggered towards his house, which was the first floor of the three storey building. He walked closer and noticed a female figure, sitting crossed leg on a plastic chair at the balcony of his home. Shocked, he took a few steps closer and discovered it was his estranged fiancée, Nnenna.
Nnenna lifted her head up and saw Uchenna waiting for her. A smile ran along her face and she stood up.
"Hi love, how are you doing"
"What do you want?" he asked coldly.
"Is that it? You won't even let me come inside?"
"Stop wasting my time Nnenna and get straight to the point!"
"Ohhhh, anyways, Mama sent me here. She wants to know why you haven't been picking or answering her calls?"
"Tell that woman that I said that I don't need her filthy calls. I don't need her, and I don't want to hear from her, okay?"
Nnenna smiled again and walked towards him. She placed her hands on his shoulders and drew closer.
"Calm down Uche. You know, she also sent me to.....keep you company for the night"
She made for a kiss but he pushed her away.
"Get away from me you slut! Is that all you do?, prey about looking for whom to destroy?"
"Look at this one oooooo, see no come just insult me this night, no be your mama send me, see this one oooo" she spat angrily.
"Get out of my house. Princess my foot, you don't deserved to be called one. Leave!!!!"
"Idiot! thunder fire you, fool!!!" she cursed as she walked away from the house in anger.
"Bleep you bitch! don't forget to close the door on your way, idiot!"
She soon left the house. Uchenna opened his door in relief knowing he had gotten rid of a great problem".

4 Likes

Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2019
Thanks for the update OP But you've not been consistent with your updates these days.. All the same, Nice story you've got here ..
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 6:52pm On Jul 08, 2019
Episode 2
The next day was a Sunday. Uche, his secretary and some camera men with a few members of Uches company visited the Okoye mansion for the contract signing Due evening time. It was a small gathering, consisting of only the most valued members in each company and some pressmen as well. Some dignitaries such as The Personal Advisor to the governor on Press and publicity and a representative of the honorable minister of petroleum were also in attendance . The gathering was small but classy.
The event was very brief and in no time, the necessary contract was signed and the time of refreshments began. Hired waiters began moving from table to table to serve the exotic meals.
Gift stood by the window of the kitchen upstairs, watching the event going on down stairs. She imagined herself in one of those beautiful gowns worn by the ladies or being one of the dignitaries who graced the occasion. It didn't even cross her mind that Uchenna might be around.
As she as in her imaginary world, Iniobong, who was in charge of the meals snapped her out of it.
"Gift! stop staring outside the window and come take this tray!" she ordered.
Gift realized herself and walked towards Iniobong. She handed the tray to her in s very gentle manner.
"Now be careful Gift, this one goes to the Honourable Minister at the high table. I choose you to serve him because you are the most careful person I know....... and because the other servers here are way too ugly"
"Okay, I've heard you, can I go now? This is really heavy" she said sweating profusely.
"Alright, go"
Gift began to walk, watching her steps carefully. She successfully climbed down the stairs and walked outside. She scanned the environment for the high table and caught it. She began walking carefully towards the table, her head bent low. She increased her steps at some point and eventually arrived the table. Mission accomplished. She was about dropping it when their eyes met. It was him.
Uchenna had been laughing away with the other high table members close to him when he turned and saw her. He couldn't believe his eyes. He dropped his wineglass which, fortunately, didn't break and his jaw followed. For a moment they stared at each other in utter disbelief. Her hands were shaky and she became nervous. Eventually, she couldn't take it anymore and dropped the heavy tray, which spilled its contents on the ministers representative.....

3 Likes

Re: Purple Roses by Treasurewamiri(f): 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2019
Ghen ghen! content spilling on minister's representative? Ah!
Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 9:13pm On Jul 08, 2019
Omo Yawa Don Gas oooo undecided But Uchenna Should Be Able To Plead On Her Behalf Shaaa..
Thanks for the update. keep it coming
Re: Purple Roses by Ann2012(f): 9:41pm On Jul 08, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2019
She watched in horror as the Ministers Rep. stood up slowly, disgusted at the huge, colourish stain that had stained his yellow senator attire. Movement paused abruptly and the music died down. Guests watched the scene in utter disbelief. There was confusion every where.
Unable to bear the embarrassment, Gift covered her face in shame and ran away in tears. But the infuriated victim wouldn't take any of that. He turned to George, who had also began to panic.
"Mr Okoye, what is the meaning of this? I came to this event because of the good relationship you have with the minister, not to be embarrassed like this!!!"
"Mr Udegbe, please calm down, we....."
"Don't tell me to calm down!!!! how do you expect me to go home with this?" he asked pointing to the stain.
"I'm deeply sorry sir, if you want we can get you a new....."
"You know what, forget it. I'm leaving this place now. But bear in mind that the minister shall hear of this. Nonsense!" he gestured to his guards and began to leave. However, George and some concerned guests went after him to plead.
In the midst of all this confusion, Uchenna just sat there, quiet and confused. He still couldn't believe what he saw that night. Jane, who was sitting near him noticed his strange behavior and began to shake him.
"Boss, Boss what's the matter!!"
Uchenna regained consciousness and shook his head.
"Whats the problem sir?" she asked again.
"N....nothing. I....I think I need to go"
"What, why?!!"
"Don't ask me any questions. If you wanna come, fine. But I'm leaving"
He began packing his things and in no time, headed for the front gate. Jane, who had no other choice, followed suite and ran after him...

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 8:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
The party ended not too long after that. George was lucky enough to have convinced the angry guest not to report to the minister. But the video which was recorded by some people began to go viral almost immediately. The press people also seemed to have gone home smiling that night. The day hadn't ended well for the Okoyes and by the end, Susan was furious. Gift, was gonna pay.
Meanwhile, Gift had locked herself up in her room while swimming in a pool of tears. She was so weak and confused. She had forgotten everything about that monstermother.
she saw him that day, right under her nose. All the painful memories began pouring in again and she couldn't help but break down.
Iniobong had been knocking persistently on her door, trying to reach out to her when she heard Susan and George coming up. He was trying to calm his wife down but she was determined to cause damage. She kept shouting on top of her voice until she arrived Gifts door. She pushed Ini aside and began to bang on the wooden door.
"Gift!!Gift open this door now!!!!" she commanded.
"Susan please calm down, you're over reacting"
Susan ignored his comment and continued banging. Few moments later, Gift opened the door and like a flash of lighting, Susan gifted her a very hot slap. As if that wasn't enough, she charged at her and began choking the depressed girl, while raining abuses on her.
"You good for nothing girl!! how dare you embarass us this way!!! Do you know the damage you have caused us....." she continued that way while Ini and George tried their best to separate them. But it seemed Susan was a brick wall that day. At the heat of the moment, Rose rushed in and without wasting time, seperated Gift from her raging mother. She quickly came in front of her and blocked her.
"That's enough mum, do you want to kill her?"
"Stay out of this Rose, you have no idea the level of misfortune this slowpoke has brought upon us. Do you know who that man is? he has connections with the president himself! he could ruin us"
" And so bleeping what? that's not enough reason for you to attack her like she's an animal. Is she not human, can't she make mistakes? "
"You fool! what kind of mistake is that? do you know she has cost us our reputation! this is gonna make rounds on both social and mass media!!!"
"Calm down Susanna, you'll get a blood pressure ” George warned.
" Fine by me"
" Look mum, I don't care about your bleeping reputation okay? no matter what you have no right to treat her like an animal, it isn't fair!”
"Why are you defending her?"
"Became its the right thing to do"
Susan looked at the two of them for a while in shock. After a long pause, she spoke up.
"Alright, fine, no problem. You win. But you will NOT go unpunished for this. You're not getting a salary this month, you hear? Idiot" she hissed and stormed out. George shook his head at Gift and followed suit.
"I'll go calm her down" Ini said and walked out.
When it was just Rose and Gift, Gift broke down in tears again. Rose turned to her.
"Are you okay? Did she hurt you?" she inquired. She then raised her head up and noticed some cuts on her neck. She shook her head.
" That woman is unbelievable sometimes. Just see how she used those her long nails to injure you, eh?"
Gift remained silent and continued to cry. Rose led her to the bed and sat her down.
"But tell me Gift. What really happened? Why did you freak out like that? I know you wouldn't have done something like that without a reason"
Gift continued to cry.
"Please tell me. You know I'm your friend. You can trust me with anything"
"I saw him"she finally spoke.
" Who?"
"Uchenna. That monster who ruined my life. I saw him...."
Rose raised her brows in shock.
"What... how.....I mean, he...ah, I don't understand. How did he get here?"
" That's just the issue. I don't understand how the devil would just bring my worst nightmare back to me. I just don't get it....." she broke down again and Rose drew her closer. She rested her head on her shoulder.
"That's enough Gift. Don't allow your past to bring back pain to you. If people treat you like dirt, blow dust into their eyes. If they treat you like trash, stain them. Don't let him know that he still affects and controls your life. Just be yourself and forget the fool, okay?"
Gift sniffed and nodded her head.
"Good, now I want you to clean your tears and cheer up. He means nothing to you anymore, so just act normal, okay?"
"Alright"
"Now let me go and get you para so you can sleep well this night, I know headache must be having a party in your head right now"
Gift smiled.
"That's what I wanna see. I'll be going now"
She stood up and headed for the door.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Purple Roses by Purplephoenix(m): 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2019
Eyahhhh, such a good friend. I hope it lasts though.
Thanks for the update by the way.
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 1:28am On Jul 12, 2019
YoungBruzzy:
Thanks for the update OP But you've not been consistent with your updates these days.. All the same, Nice story you've got here ..
Sorry for that dear, I've just been too busy these days.
Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 3:12am On Jul 12, 2019
thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 3:14am On Jul 12, 2019
stblessing:
Sorry for that dear, I've just been too busy these days.
No qualms... nothing do you
Re: Purple Roses by skubido(m): 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2019
Naw

Tanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2019
Uchenna drove in silence, gluing his eyes to the busy road. Jane was with him, occasionally glancing at him. Finally, she couldn't bear the silence and eventually spoke up.
"Boss, this isn't fair oooo, you are just keeping me in the darkness for no reason. What's your problem now?"
Uchenna kept silent for a while and Jane placed her hand on his. He sighed and responded.
''I saw her"
Jane raised a brow.
"Who?"
"Ngozi, the girl I told you about"
Jane widened her eyeballs and removed her hand. She turned to the window and kept silent. She became jealous, she couldn't help it.
He got to her house and dropped her off. He thought of heading home but decided to go to a nearby bar to clear his head. That night was one of the most unbelievable nights in his life.

3 Likes

Re: Purple Roses by skubido(m): 6:11am On Jul 13, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by gal10(f): 11:16am On Jul 13, 2019
Loving this

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Lucifer's Key / Victims Of Passion / The One Who Awaits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.