Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,514 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) (56462 Views)

Photos: christians perform drama depicting the crucifixion of Christ in Nigeria / Nails Used In Christ's Crucifixion Unearthed In A Secret Monastery Chamber (Pix) / Nails Linked To Crucifixion Of Jesus Found With Ancient Bone Embedded Inside(Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by doggedfighter(f): 8:14am On Apr 14, 2019
[quote author=MrPENIS post=77524890]I pity people who insists that God and his son Jesus christ do not Exist.
They shall cry blood when they're left behind.
I wish i could just look at their faces on that day, but damn i wont be with them either[/quote

Pity yourself for your folly]

1 Like

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by Dayoara: 8:15am On Apr 14, 2019
You are speaking from a mind that is yet to know God.... I pray the Lord will reveal himself to you.
Martinez39:
Jesus never existed. He was a version of early mythical figures. This is just a tourist scam. grin

4 Likes

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 14, 2019
I love the way the Jesuit and their handlers and making tonnes of money from the Savior Programs. Shocking to see how people actually give their entire short life and time allocation to a story and leave all other aspects of Mission Earth Reality Programs.

It's going to be a rude awakening when people wake up and realize they spent their entire lifetime dwelling on a decoy program.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by MrPENIS(m): 8:16am On Apr 14, 2019
[quote author=doggedfighter post=77524944][/quote]"goto" hell
Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by hopefulLandlord: 8:16am On Apr 14, 2019
doggedfighter:

How are you doing?

I'm good, the business I set up which is taking almost all of my time is thriving now. took lots of hard work, some sleepless nights and lots of luck here and there for that.

what about you? how are you doing
Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by anonymous1759(m): 8:16am On Apr 14, 2019
Martinez39:
Jesus never existed. He was a version of early mythical figures. This is just a tourist scam. grin

Go and check his grave I'll sponsor your ticket if it's empty you'll return my money wink

1 Like

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by MrPENIS(m): 8:17am On Apr 14, 2019
doggedfighter:
pity for yourself folly
"goto" hell

1 Like

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by Rolandonyi: 8:17am On Apr 14, 2019
Christ reigns for ever and ever. He is king! No kingdom fashioned among men that can take his glory. Worship him for ever and ever. Christ does not promise riches because by his grace only we are rich in poverty. Shalom!

5 Likes

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 14, 2019
May God have mercy on those commenting rubbish. If you don't believe in christ Jesus, the last day will surely clear your doubts

2 Likes

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by Jacktheripper: 8:18am On Apr 14, 2019
Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by Ten06(m): 8:19am On Apr 14, 2019
So it is normal to bow down and worship the stairs? You made some people to be worshippers of Jesus crucifix and now you want to make them worship stairs again. As for me I'll only worship Jesus in spirit and in truth.

4 Likes

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by orisa37: 8:19am On Apr 14, 2019
Excavation-fabrication and Liars..
Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by neoobinna(m): 8:20am On Apr 14, 2019
fisheryems:

I hate to say this but only you can tell if your great grand parents are myths too.

May God have mercy on your soul.
P.S.. God is not a Christian and he doesn't go to church so don't make the assertion that church misconception is what makes Jesus a myth. Religion is the problem of the world Sir.
You are very intelligent
Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by holuwajobar(m): 8:20am On Apr 14, 2019
Karlebolu:

This reminds me of a quote in OMG! an Indian movie.

The protagonist said after duping a rather religious fellow -- "as long as people believe in toys we will continue to be in business".

I love that movie. The guy tackled all d religion leaders lol

2 Likes

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by Martinez39(m): 8:21am On Apr 14, 2019
fisheryems:

I hate to say this but only you can tell if your great grand parents are myths too.

May God have mercy on your soul.
P.S.. God is not a Christian and he doesn't go to church so don't make the assertion that church misconception is what makes Jesus a myth. Religion is the problem of the world Sir.
STFU and make that bold decision to start thinking and be honest with yourself. My existence is sufficient proof that I have great grandparents. Nobody existing is without great grandparents. I am not concerned about their identities.

However, if Jesus never existed, the validity of christianity collapses hence the importance of investigating and verifying his existence. As it turns out, he never existed.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by tonyimadu: 8:21am On Apr 14, 2019
Do we truly understand the meaming of Holy or are we turning Christianity into idolatry...
That Jesus Christ walked on a stairs does not make it holy...
Holiness is a state of purity.

3 Likes

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by caye(m): 8:22am On Apr 14, 2019
dazzlingd:
By the time these whites finish with Africans ehnnnn
READ JESUS: THE GREATEST STORY EVER SOLD BY ACHARYA S.
It was discovered that a particular cross being propounded(?) in the middle ages as miraculous due to it bringing out ' blood' during the rainy season was all fake! Why? It was made if iron , so during rain, the rust and other materials seeping down this cross flowed like blood!
...as long as humans continue to love toys, assuredly we shall always be in business!

1 Like

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by doggedfighter(f): 8:23am On Apr 14, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

I'm good, the business I set up which is taking almost all of my time is thriving now. took lots of hard work, some sleepless nights and lots of luck here and there for that.

what about you? how are you doing
You will teach me the business please
Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by Martinez39(m): 8:23am On Apr 14, 2019
anonymous1759:

Go and check his grave I'll sponsor your ticket if it's empty you'll return my money wink
The alleged grave of a nonexistent being will obviously be empty. How will you know Jesus' grave if you see it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by hopefulLandlord: 8:24am On Apr 14, 2019
doggedfighter:
You will teach me the business please
How are you doing?
Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by DelphiOracle(m): 8:25am On Apr 14, 2019
Wetin make d stairs holy? Rubbish.

So u mean a week or two weeks after Jesus die d palace servants no fit wash n clean d stair case wey blood stain.

2 Likes

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by Born2Breed(f): 8:25am On Apr 14, 2019
Martinez39:

Lol....after reading the Book of Dead.
Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by Vado(m): 8:27am On Apr 14, 2019
Martinez39:

Whatever helps you sleep at night bro.

3 Likes

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 14, 2019
Martinez39:

Just for the fun of it, I am going to post this response from an answer given on Quora by an atheist...

Unconvincing Arguments for a Mythic Origin for Jesus

Many of the arguments for a Mythic Jesus that some laypeople think sound highly convincing are exactly the same ones that scholars consider laughably weak, even though they sound plausible to those without a sound background in the study of the First Century. For example:

1. "There are no contemporary accounts or mentions of Jesus. There should be, so clearly no Jesus existed."

This seems a good argument to many, since modern people tend to leave behind them a lot of evidence they existed (birth certificates, financial documents, school records) and prominent modern people have their lives documented by the media almost daily. So it sounds suspicious to people that there are no contemporary records at all detailing or even mentioning Jesus.

[b]But our sources for anyone in the ancient world are scarce and rarely are they contemporaneous - they are usually written decades or even centuries after the fact. Worse still, the more obscure and humble in origin the person is, the less likely that there will be any documentation about them or even a fleeting reference to them at all.

For example, few people in the ancient world were as prominent, influential, significant and famous as the Carthaginian general Hannibal. He came close to crushing the Roman Republic, was one of the greatest generals of all time and was famed throughout the ancient world for centuries after his death down to today. Yet how many contemporary mentions of Hannibal do we have? Zero. We have none. So if someone as famous and significant as Hannibal has no surviving contemporary references to him in our sources, does it really make sense to base an argument about the existence or non-existence of a Galilean peasant preacher on the lack of contemporary references to him? Clearly it does not.

So while this seems like a good argument, a better knowledge of the ancient world and the nature of our evidence and sources shows that it's actually extremely weak.[/b]

2. "The ancient writer X should have mentioned this Jesus, yet he doesn't do so. This silence shows that no Jesus existed."

An "argument from silence" is a tricky thing to use effectively. To do so, it's not enough to show that a writer, account or source is silent on a given point - you also have to show that it shouldn't be before this silence can be given any significance. So if someone claims their grandfather met Winston Churchill yet a thorough search of the grandfather's letters and diaries of the time show no mention of this meeting, an argument from silence could be presented to say that the meeting never happened. This is because we could expect such a meeting to be mentioned in those documents.

Some "Jesus Mythicists" have tried to argue that certain ancient writers "should" have mentioned Jesus and did not and so tried to make an argument from silence on this basis. In 1909 the American "freethinker" John Remsberg came up with a list of 42 ancient writers that he claimed "should" have mentioned Jesus and concluded their silence showed no Jesus ever existed. But the list has been widely criticised for being contrived and fanciful. Why exactly, for example, Lucanus - a writer whose works consist of a single poem and a history of the civil war between Caesar and Pompey (in the century before Jesus' time) "should" have mentioned Jesus is hard to see. And the same can be said for most of the other writers on Remsberg's list.

Some others, however, are more reasonable at first glance. Philo Judaeus was a Jew in Alexandria who wrote philosophy and theology and who was a contemporary of Jesus who also mentions events in Judea and makes reference to other figures we know from the gospel accounts, such as Pontius Pilate. So it makes far more sense that he "should" mention Jesus than some poets in far off Rome. But it is hard to see why even Philo would be interested in mentioning someone like Jesus, given that he also makes no mentions of any of the other Jewish preachers, prophets, faith healers and Messianic claimants of the time, of which there were many. If Philo had mentioned Anthronges and Theudas, or Hillel and Honi or John the Baptist and the "Samaritan Prophet" but didn't mention Jesus, then a solid argument from silence could be made. But given that Philo seems to have had no interest at all in any of the various people like Jesus, the fact that he doesn't mention Jesus either carries little or no weight.

In fact, there is only one writer of the time who had any interest in such figures, who also had little interest for Roman and Greek writers. He was the Jewish historian Josephus, who is our sole source for virtually all of the Jewish preachers, prophets, faith healers and Messianic claimants of this time. If there is any writer who should mention Jesus, it's Josephus. The problem for the "Jesus Mythicists" is ... he does. Twice, in fact. He does do so in Antiquities XVIII.3.4 and again in Antiquities XX.9.1. Mythicists take comfort in the fact that the first of these references has been added to by later Christian scribes, so they dismiss it as a wholesale interpolation. But the majority of modern scholars disagree, arguing there is solid evidence to believe that Josephus did make a mention of Jesus here and that it was added to by Christians to help bolster their arguments against Jewish opponents. That debate aside, the Antiquities XX.9.1 mention of Jesus is universally considered genuine and that alone sinks the Mythicist case (see below for more details).

3. "The earliest Christian traditions make no mention of a historical Jesus and clearly worshipped a purely heavenly, mythic-style being. There are no references to an earthly Jesus in any of the earliest New Testament texts, the letters of Paul."

Since many people who read Mythicist arguments have never actually read the letters of Paul, this one sounds convincing as well. Except it simply isn't true. While Paul was writing letters about matters of doctrine and disputes and so wasn't giving a basic lesson in who Jesus was in any of this letters, he does make references to Jesus' earthly life in many places. He says Jesus was born as a human, of a human mother and born a Jew (Galatians 4:4). He repeats that he had a "human nature" and that he was a human descendant of King David (Romans 1:3) of of Abraham (Gal 3:16), of Israelites (Romans 9:4-5) and of Jesse (Romans 15:12). He refers to teachings Jesus made during his earthly ministry on divorce (1Cor. 7:10), on preachers (1Cor. 9:14) and on the coming apocalypse (1Thess. 4:15). He mentions how he was executed by earthly rulers (1Cor. 2:cool that he was crucified (1 Cor 1:23, 2:2, 2:8, 2 Cor 13:4) and that he died and was buried (1Cor 15:3-4).And he says he had an earthly, physical brother called James who Paul himself had met (Galatians1:19).

So Mythicist theorists then have to tie themselves in knots to "explain" how, in fact, a clear reference to Jesus being "born of a woman" actually means he wasn't born of a woman and how when Paul says Jesus was "according to the flesh, a descendant of King David" this doesn't mean he was a human and the human descendant of a human king. These contrived arguments are so weak they tend to only convince the already convinced. It's this kind of contrivance that consigns this thesis to the fringe.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Do-credible-historians-agree-that-the-man-named-Jesus-who-the-Christian-Bible-speaks-of-walked-the-earth-and-was-put-to-death-on-a-cross-by-Pilate-Roman-governor-of-Judea/answers/863434
(Requires Quora membership to read the full answer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by Martinez39(m): 8:28am On Apr 14, 2019
tactius:

Just for the fun of it, I am going to post this response from an answer given on Quora by an atheist...

[url= https://www.quora.com/Do-credible-historians-agree-that-the-man-named-Jesus-who-the-Christian-Bible-speaks-of-walked-the-earth-and-was-put-to-death-on-a-cross-by-Pilate-Roman-governor-of-Judea/answers/863434
]Sauce:[/url]
Those who want to fooled shall be fooled. Go and study history my friend.

2 Likes

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by UncleSnr(m): 8:30am On Apr 14, 2019
Catholics too much jare. They invent something, the Jews cash out from it.
Other Christians do the cash in.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by okedoyinolabisi(f): 8:30am On Apr 14, 2019
Karlebolu:

This reminds me of a quote in OMG! an Indian movie.

The protagonist said after duping a rather religious fellow -- "as long as people believe in toys we will continue to be in business".
he also said most people ain't God loving, they're just god-fearing. that part that touched me deeply

2 Likes

Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by Westsida: 8:31am On Apr 14, 2019
MrPENIS:
I pity people who insists that God and his son Jesus christ do not Exist.
They shall cry blood when they're left behind.
I wish i could just look at their faces on that day, but damn i wont be with them either

Where are you going? On which day?
Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by seunmsg(m): 8:31am On Apr 14, 2019
Scam!
Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 14, 2019
Martinez39:
Those who want to fooled shall be fooled. Go and study history my friend.

Well, the guy I quoted is an atheist who does not beleive Jesus is the son of God nor does he believe that Jesus did any miracles, or whatever.

However, he believes in a guy who was called Jesus, and existed.And has used his proof.

(By the way, I had this answer brought to my attention by another Quoran I follow who happens to be an atheist, and who highly recommended the answer)

Just read the article. You may learn something. Have gone through all the 'Jesus is a myth' and the responses to them in my 15 years on the web, so nothing shocks me anymore.
Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by Pentasoft1978: 8:33am On Apr 14, 2019
Martinez39:

Were you there when the mythical figures theory was propounded.....you better keep quiet and stop saying what you don't know before you die a mysterious death......go and do your research and see how those who made the same statement ended up.....on your dying bed, your the last words will be.....Jesus Christ save my life.....you Better accept him now before it's too late.
Re: The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics) by Westsida: 8:36am On Apr 14, 2019
holuwajobar:

I love that movie. The guy tackled all d religion leaders lol

I’ll like to watch the movie. Is it this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Breaking Every Connection With Your Sex Partners / Bishop Feyi Daniel Raped Me Twice In His Lekki Home, Sent Me N5k To Treat Myself / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.