Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Jada Atiku's Birth Place Was Part Of Northern Cameroon- Premium Times Fact Check - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jada Atiku's Birth Place Was Part Of Northern Cameroon- Premium Times Fact Check (36223 Views)

Opinion:Nnamdi Kanu Is Right;Atiku’s Adamawa Was In Northern Cameroon- The Cable / Kemi Adeosun Forged NYSC Certificate - Premium Times / Zungeru: Birth Place Of Ojukwu, Azikiwe, David Mark -What It Looked Like In 1900 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jada Atiku's Birth Place Was Part Of Northern Cameroon- Premium Times Fact Check by sapele914(m): 2:22am On Apr 16, 2019
Wallade:

Good! I am testing your knowledge and cognitive reasoning. You answered correctly, especially given your statement that I made bold and I want you to note the statement in bold alphabets.

Please answer another important question:

If I was born in Ife central local govt of Ife prior to the division of Oyo state into Oyo & Osun state. Today, if I am asked where I was born, where should I say I was born?
Jada,Cameroon?
Re: Jada Atiku's Birth Place Was Part Of Northern Cameroon- Premium Times Fact Check by sapele914(m): 2:28am On Apr 16, 2019
neyobills:

Premium times is wrong and u can take that to the bank, prior to 1914 Jada was southern Nigerian protectorate,by 1916 during the 1st World War British Forces waged war against against the German colony of Kamerun and took over thus all of Kamerun became a British colony under Nigeria, in 1922 the French and British decided to to split their colonies French Cameroun and British Cameroons,British Cameroons was also a British colony under Nigeria.

In 1960 Jan French Cameroon gained independence while the colony of Nigeria and British Cameroons was to gain Independence in Oct, what would then happen to British Cameroons,therefore they decided to allow indigenous people of British Cameroons who would rather prefer allegiance to the new country Cameroon than be under the British Nigeria colony to vote in the spirit of fairness and equity.

So to answer your question Jada was never a territory or colony of present day Cameroon and has been a Nigerian territory as at Oct 1 1960.

I hope I have made myself clear?
Like the other fellow said you are full of rubbish,if jada was part of Nigeria why the referendum in 1961?or was bakassi Nigeria part of Cameroon before the referendum?
Re: Jada Atiku's Birth Place Was Part Of Northern Cameroon- Premium Times Fact Check by Afamed: 6:21am On Apr 16, 2019
afroxyz:

you are joker. so those in bakassi are now what? are they Nigerians or cameroonians?
Use your tongue to count your teeth and stop asking silly questions.
Re: Jada Atiku's Birth Place Was Part Of Northern Cameroon- Premium Times Fact Check by SilasNwude: 6:23am On Apr 16, 2019
[s]
Afamed:

Use your tongue to count your teeth and stop asking silly questions.
[/s]
trash trash trash
trash shouldn't be counted
Re: Jada Atiku's Birth Place Was Part Of Northern Cameroon- Premium Times Fact Check by neyobills: 6:50am On Apr 16, 2019
sapele914:
Like the other fellow said you are full of rubbish,if jada was part of Nigeria why the referendum in 1961?or was bakassi Nigeria part of Cameroon before the referendum?

Stop trying to be clever by half,there was a referendum because that was the agreement under the league of mandate nations under which French Cameroon and British Cameroons was formed.

My question for u is if Jada was not part of Nigeria as at Oct 11960 then what country was it, it's obviously not part of French Cameroon because the British never gave their territory to a francophone Cameroon, are u saying British Cameroons was an independent state or perhaps British Cameroons was stateless until 1961?
Re: Jada Atiku's Birth Place Was Part Of Northern Cameroon- Premium Times Fact Check by Naajjii: 7:04am On Apr 16, 2019
First thing first,Let him prove that he is a Nigerian then he also has to prove that election was not done properly. Can he finish these case before 4 years elapse?
Re: Jada Atiku's Birth Place Was Part Of Northern Cameroon- Premium Times Fact Check by seunprodigy13: 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
Day2logic:
But Obama became American president
mumu.....Obama was born in Hawaii in d US......so he is qualified to be president

1 Like

Re: Jada Atiku's Birth Place Was Part Of Northern Cameroon- Premium Times Fact Check by Okoroawusa: 7:56pm On Apr 16, 2019
Na wa o!

See what Nnamdi Kanu caused now!!
Re: Jada Atiku's Birth Place Was Part Of Northern Cameroon- Premium Times Fact Check by devlishGINGER(m): 6:02pm On Jan 07, 2021
kahal29:
Jada History

Atiku Abubakar is from Jada town in Adamawa State of Nigeria. However, Jada used to be in Ganye Local Government Area in Adamawa. Ganye is regarded as the mother of the whole Chamba tribe.

This area was never part of Nigeria legally until the February 1961 plebiscite where the people of the then Northern Cameroon voted to join Nigeria.

The area had been entrusted to Britain by a League of Nations mandate in 1919 and later as Trust Territory by the United Nations in 1946, according to an article published on Myculturebase.

A plebiscite was held in British Cameroons to determine whether the people preferred to stay in Cameroon or align with Nigeria. While Northern Cameroon preferred a union with Nigeria, Southern Cameroon chose alignment with the mother country. On June 1, 1961, Northern Cameroon became part of Nigeria, and on October 1, 1961, the southern territory dissolved into Cameroon.

Ganye, which incorporates Atiku’s birthplace of Jada was the headquarters of British Cameroons, but following the plebiscite, joined Nigeria.

Though Mr Kanu is correct about the historical origin of Atiku’s Jada, it is, however, instructive to note that when Mr Abubakar was on November 25, 1946 born to a Fulani trader and farmer Garba Abubakar, Jada village and other parts of Chamba land in the then Northern Cameroon were still known as British Cameroons.

With the defeat of Germany in World War I, Kamerun became a League of Nations mandate territory and was split into French Cameroons and British Cameroons in 1919.

While France integrated the economy of their part of Cameroon with that of France, the British administered theirs from neighbouring Nigeria, making Atiku’s Jada a British franchise.

Aside from these historical twists, the fact, however, remains that the PDP presidential candidate is legally a Nigerian as Jada became a full Nigerian territory after the plebiscite 59 years ago.

Culled From Premium Times

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/309991-fact-check-how-true-is-nnamdi-kanus-claim-atiku-is-from-cameroon.html

Hmmmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Fulfils Bail Condition / Oak TV Apologizes For Releasing Lai Mohammed's El-zakzaky Video / Bashir Ahmad Taunts Ganduje: Take Your Old Naira Notes To CBN If Legitimate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.