Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,918 members, 7,824,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1579544 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:17pm On Feb 05, 2010
Malili Technopolis - I read of a very interesting article in the Business Daily in Nairobi and I have seen the plans posted somewhere on the internet. Does someone have more details on the plan? If you google Malili Technopolis you will see the plans. It is very, very impressive indeed.

You beat me to it Kiwelewele. winkIts Kenya's most ambitious project yet!I will post some infor about it.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:18pm On Feb 05, 2010
Milimani - Upperhill.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:20pm On Feb 05, 2010
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:22pm On Feb 05, 2010
[b]Malili Technopolis smiley

Introducing Malili Technopolis. This will be a new city in Kenya with facilities to support Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) ventures and a science park, a convention centre, shopping mall, hotels, international schools and health facilities. Malili is located about 60 km southeast of Nairobi. Similar cities already exist in Malaysia (PutraJaya), Panama (Pacifico), the Philippines (Subic-Clark) and China (Shenzhen).

In the same technology sector, but on a completely different scale, another very interesting project has just been launched: iHub: Nairobi's Tech Innovation Hub. iHub is an open space for technologists, investors, tech companies (and hackers, sic) in the Nairobi area. It is a tech community facility with a focus on young entrepreneurs, web and mobile phone programmers and designers. It is part open community workspace (co-working), part investor and VC hub and part incubator. Unlike Malili Technopolis, I really believe in this project: it is simple, realistic, and addresses a real need. And yes, iHub may be small, but at least it has enormous potential to create real impact. iHub will open on March 3rd, 2010 and there's currently a design contest going on for the best logo for iHub.[/b]
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:23pm On Feb 05, 2010
[b]Introducing Malili Technopolis. smiley

Malili Technopolis will be a new city in Kenya with facilities to support Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) ventures and a science park, a convention centre, shopping mall, hotels, international schools and health facilities. Malili is located about 60 km southeast of Nairobi. Similar cities already exist in Malaysia (PutraJaya), Panama (Pacifico), the Philippines (Subic-Clark) and China (Shenzhen).

In the same technology sector, but on a completely different scale, another very interesting project has just been launched: iHub: Nairobi's Tech Innovation Hub. iHub is an open space for technologists, investors, tech companies (and hackers, sic) in the Nairobi area. It is a tech community facility with a focus on young entrepreneurs, web and mobile phone programmers and designers. It is part open community workspace (co-working), part investor and VC hub and part incubator. Unlike Malili Technopolis, I really believe in this project: it is simple, realistic, and addresses a real need. And yes, iHub may be small, but at least it has enormous potential to create real impact. iHub will open on March 3rd, 2010 and there's currently a design contest going on for the best logo for iHub.[/b]

Renders:

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by chinook: 7:32am On Feb 06, 2010
@gavillant

how realistic is malili technopolis,i hope you remember the golf city project in Nairobi and kisumu which since then has not taken off.another bigger project like the Nairobi convention center somewhere near the JKIA has the same story.

i understand that pattni now wants to put up a seven star hotel in Nairobi.these are mega project which if implemented then Kenya gonna be Africa prime city.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:59pm On Feb 07, 2010
@ chinook

I’m very skeptical – you know silicon valley doesn’t even have skyscrapers. The amount of money to be used in to build that city would be better served in investing in people, the minds that will create new ideas and create businesses.It will be immoral for the govt to spend billions in Malili while a large section of Kenyans are poor.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:00pm On Feb 07, 2010
Strathmore: Some more buildings coming up around the university.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:02pm On Feb 07, 2010
CBD

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:03pm On Feb 07, 2010
Suburbia

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:04pm On Feb 07, 2010
[B]KAREN - COBBLE GARDENS 4 BED BUNGALOW [/B]

[QUOTE]Charming 4 bed (all ensuite) rustic homes in a compound of 20 developed to heighten the delight of outdoor living.

The bungalow features a front foyer that opens to the lounge, leisure room, kitchen, formal dining and study. The bedroom wing offers a master suite with sitting area, walk in closet, luxury bath with double showers and an extruded tub with views of the couples private garden. The two other bedrooms enjoy private bathrooms and garden views.

Extras: Guest suite with a spacious bath and a private deck, landscaped lawns, a heated pool, borehole water, communal security, ample car park and SQ.

Title : Leasehold for 99 years together with a share in the reversionary interest.

[/QUOTE]

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:05pm On Feb 07, 2010
Runda Suburb

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by fivefinger(m): 3:11pm On Feb 08, 2010
from the differents pics ,Nairobi is a beautiful city,wow
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:11pm On Feb 09, 2010
Thanks fivefinger. smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:13pm On Feb 09, 2010
Suburbs - Ngumo

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:20pm On Feb 09, 2010
Upper Hill

I love this. They put a water fountain right next to the pavement at the Crowne plaza.

Coca-cola East and Central Africa HQs.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:24pm On Feb 09, 2010
Giraffe crossing- around the national park.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2010

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:37pm On Feb 09, 2010
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:04pm On Feb 09, 2010
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:35pm On Feb 10, 2010
[B]Felaron Court - Kileleshwa[/B]

[QUOTE]
Concept

Felaron Court is an exquisitely designed apartment complex. The apartments have two enterances each and swimming pool for recreation. They offer ultimate comfort and high standard of modern living.

Superbly designed, these three bedroom apartments including four penthouses are set in well landscaped gardens, stylish and perfect for the executive family seeking a sense of privacy.

Felaron Court is located off Mwingi Road, Kileleshwa. The apartments re designed with an aura of luxury away from the bustle of the city yet within the city.
With multiple access roads, it enjoys close proximity to all necessary amenities like schools, medical an shopping centers.

Highlight

16 executive modern apartments plus four penthouses.

2100sq ft plinth area.

Two entrances, one from utility

Kitchen with breakfast area with granite tops and store.

Utility yard with splash area and fitted cupboards.

Spacious lounge with balcony

Separate dining area

French casement windows

Master en-suite (bathtub) with walk-in closet

All bedrooms with built-in wardrobes

Second bathroom en-suite with shower

Bedroom three shares a common bathroom.

Parquet floor finishes

Italian colored tiles in all bathrooms and kitchen.

All door frames of mahogany finish

All colour coordinated sanitary ware of English make.

Staircase and entrance selected anti-skid floor tiles

Built-in servant’s quarter

Other Facilities

Swimming pool with changing rooms

Perimeter wall with electric fence

Paved cabro parking

DSTV and aerial cabling

Self contained guard house

Landscaped gardens

Underground and overhead water tanks

[/QUOTE]

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:36pm On Feb 10, 2010

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africhika(f): 7:29pm On Feb 10, 2010
gallivant, where r u gettin all these fabulous pix?

i'm thinking about relocatig to kenya. do u know of any good blogs or websites about kenya
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 8:17pm On Feb 10, 2010
Ngong Racecourse Residentials -Nairobi | Kenya

LATIS' vision is to create a unique landmark residential development within Kenya. A development that will bring innovative design solutions to combine local resources with the most current sustainable technologies. A development that will set a new benchmark for future development of its kind within East Africa and the wider region.

www.latisnetwork.com

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africhika(f): 8:20pm On Feb 10, 2010
gallivant, how come u're always ignoring my questions?
just wondering. this is the 3rd time u havent answered.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 8:24pm On Feb 10, 2010
gallivant, where r u gettin all these fabulous pix?

i'm thinking about relocatig to kenya. do u know of any good blogs or websites about kenya

Some of the pictures are mine.I get the others online,espeacially the residential homes.Most Kenyan forums usually deal with politics and other stuff am not interested in.Try skyscrapercity.com. smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 8:28pm On Feb 10, 2010
gallivant, how come u're always ignoring my questions?
just wondering. this is the 3rd time u havent answered.

If I did it was probably a mistake.I have no reasons to ignore anyone espeacially a chika. wink(I am guessing you are a lady.)
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by chinook: 10:08am On Feb 12, 2010
@gavillant

from you own assessment,which suburb btwn kitsuri, Karen runda and lavington would you say is the best suburb in Nairobi
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 6:07pm On Feb 12, 2010
I would say Runda and Nyari but only because they are close to the city centre which makes the place insanely expensive.But if you like a good home with a large compound,good schools,golf courses and malls then Karen is the place to buy. wink
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2010
C B D

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 6:14pm On Feb 12, 2010
Catholic University of East Africa (CUEA), Karen.

Chapel

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by suxes2005(m): 6:58pm On Feb 12, 2010
Wat up in Kenya?

I want to know more about that place
and is there any opportunity for nigerians
there?

SHALOM

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.