Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,426 members, 7,830,135 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype (34586 Views)

Burna Boy: I Am Not Worth $3.5 Million, That Won’t Even Buy My Cars / See The Mountain Of Game Of Thrones With His Brothers / Moyo Lawal Wears See-Through Leggings (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by ImaIma1(f): 10:51am On Apr 16, 2019
RoyalBlu:
I must be the only one who haven't seen this GOT of a movie.

Me too.

Game of Thrones

Empire

Merlin

Not seen any. I like my sleep too much for one series to deprive me of it. Even the Black Panther movie with everyone going crazy about wakanda, i never watch.
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Olubee22(f): 10:52am On Apr 16, 2019
Eh eh! madam, it's not worth the hype, we know but we love it like that. Thank you cool
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Samsonklin(m): 10:53am On Apr 16, 2019
dannybomb:

the movie series with the highest awards ever. including 38 Emmy awards is overhype. baba is worth the hype, half of world population is watching the new season now
It’s not 38 it’s actually 47. Nor mind them. GOT IS WORTH EVERY HYPE!

1 Like

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by ThothHermes: 10:54am On Apr 16, 2019
Retar.d.

Who needs brains when you've got these.
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by encryptjay(m): 10:54am On Apr 16, 2019
somehow:

Lies
Martial arts is not the only thing there
Dark magic
Betrayal
Love
Honesty
Trust
Cunniness
Suspense
Etc

Like I said, preference.rubbishing ITB says alot about your knowledge in movies (series).

Go on Google to check ITB's rating.

A 3 season series that high up in rating!
The game of thrones you're finding difficult to figure out is something I often guess what's to happen next.
IQ things i guess lolz
8.1/10 IMDb rating while GoT is 9.5, same with Breaking Bad. I can mention series that rate more than ITB
My knowledge in movies? It's yours that we should be worried about. You're trying to talk about series on GoT level and you're mentioning Spartacus and Into the Badlands? grin

Go and watch Vikings, Breaking Bad, Narcos, etc and come back and debate.

AMC's goal for "Into the Badlands" was twofold: produce a compelling character drama, and introduce the highest caliber of martial arts filmmaking to a weekly, ongoing series. 
If you know what a good plot is, you won't be arguing in such a blind manner.
I won't be surprised if you rate the flash above GoT.

Modified: Go and watch Westworld

2 Likes

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Offpoint: 10:56am On Apr 16, 2019
ezewealth:
. Yeah even mike ( i shredded real tears)
Mike's dead for real? jeez!
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by ThothHermes: 11:01am On Apr 16, 2019
zicoraads:

OK, I'll do.

The one thing about GoT is the plot twist. Very few movies achieve that kind of plot twist. You'll hardly ever see anything coming. And then somehow, the writers find a way to bring everything back together.

And then there's the life lessons and quotes, if taken and applied to real life.
You never watch breaking bad

Damn.
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by encryptjay(m): 11:02am On Apr 16, 2019
GoT is not worth the hype but ask them which series they follow, they'll start mentioning Flash, Arrow, Blacklist, Super Girl, Zee World and Filipino series. I rest my case

3 Likes

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by ClearFlair: 11:03am On Apr 16, 2019
SocialJustice:
I know game of thrones is absolute rubbish.

Dumb people can’t understand GOT
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by zicoraads: 11:05am On Apr 16, 2019
ThothHermes:
You never watch breaking bad

Damn.
I better look for that movie. Too many people don too talk about am. cheesy
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 16, 2019
grin

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Ozkar: 11:07am On Apr 16, 2019
That's how you know people that complicated plots fly over their heads. This one won't even be able to read 5 lines from the books. They prefer the simple, the obvious, the straightforward.

Bimbo

2 Likes

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by zicoraads: 11:08am On Apr 16, 2019
ImaIma1:

Me too.

Game of Thrones

Empire

Merlin

Not seen any. I like my sleep too much for one series to deprive me of it. Even the Black Panther movie with everyone going crazy about wakanda, i never watch.
Black Panther was definitely overhyped. All the other ones you mentioned are also not that IT.

It should not be mentioned in the same breath with GoT.
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Ayoolajumoke(f): 11:12am On Apr 16, 2019
I have not seen an episode of GOT and I have no plans of seeing it.

I am sure it won’t be worth the hype as I’ll have an overly wide expectation of it, I don’t want to be disappointed biko.

Y’all enjoy your GOT oo.
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by erico2k2(m): 11:18am On Apr 16, 2019
RoyalBlu:

No Sir! No shame here. Don't have a flair for overly fantasy movies.

I'd rather watch Crimes Series. wink
U failed to see the funny side, you obviously have not watch GOT, SHAme is a line from the film itself.
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by erico2k2(m): 11:20am On Apr 16, 2019
Ayoolajumoke:
I have not seen an episode of GOT and I have no plans of seeing it.

I am sure it won’t be worth the hype as I’ll have an overly wide expectation of it, I don’t want to be disappointed biko.

Y’all enjoy your GOT oo.
1st off, its a film it's not reality so if you expect it to be true then you should stop watching films altogether, however the description of what the film is all about gives a glimpse of what to expect, so the talk of hype beats my imagination. its a type of film and it is one of the best in its type and class.
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by rayopt(m): 11:20am On Apr 16, 2019
somehow:

I have actually slept off countless times watched got but never on Spartacus or into the badlands.

The latter is action all through with a niche.

Vikings another great series but got eventless later in some episodes.

GOT got some unnecessary scenes in them especially the period Arya had encounters with the eye cult. Still cant find the relevance of some of the scenes there in the series.

I don't want to type too long. I guess we all have our taste.

Watched empire too,but bored and stopped watching.

now i understamd wat u want in a movie. of cos, into the badlands has a lot of actions.

GOT has more real content than action, i wish i can explain sha.

3 Likes

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by erico2k2(m): 11:20am On Apr 16, 2019
zicoraads:

I better look for that movie. Too many people don too talk about am. cheesy
U get the MB to watch am?
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by erico2k2(m): 11:22am On Apr 16, 2019
encryptjay:

8.1/10 IMDb rating while GoT is 9.5, same with Breaking Bad. I can mention series that rate more than ITB
My knowledge in movies? It's yours that we should be worried about. You're trying to talk about series on GoT level and you're mentioning Spartacus and Into the Badlands? grin

Go and watch Vikings, Breaking Bad, Narcos, etc and come back and debate.

AMC's goal for "Into the Badlands" was twofold: produce a compelling character drama, and introduce the highest caliber of martial arts filmmaking to a weekly, ongoing series. 
If you know what a good plot is, you won't be arguing in such a blind manner.
I won't be surprised if you rate the flash above GoT.

Modified: Go and watch Westworld
Vikings is good but GOT just Edged it a wee bit, some people like Vikings cos they like bloodshed some like GOT cos of sex and nude
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:24am On Apr 16, 2019
somehow:
Take it from someone who has watched from one to season eight.

The hype is too much.

Spartacus beats it hands down

Then comes "into the badlands".

If you haven't watched into the badlands. Then you're not a true series fan!
For you to compare into the badlands to GOT?? You must be in your teens..GOT is legendary because of the witty dialogues, the likes of which has never been seen on TV series.

3 Likes

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Atigba: 11:26am On Apr 16, 2019
unclexofficial:
Moyo Lawal who reacted to excitement over the airing of the first episode of the popular Game of Thrones series, stated that it is not worth the hype. 

The Nollywood actress who disclosed that the hype on the movie made her watch her first episode, stated that it was filled with incest, throwing kids away through a window and some sort of fantasy. Moyo Lawal who wondered why people are blown away with the Game of Thrones series, added that it is not worth the hype. She wrote; 

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/16/game-of-thrones-not-worth-the-hype-moyo-lawal/

I need a site to watch the released episode pls
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Westsida: 11:26am On Apr 16, 2019
RoyalBlu:
I must be the only one who haven't seen this GOT of a movie.

Lol no your not.
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by rayopt(m): 11:28am On Apr 16, 2019
Ozkar:
That's how you know people that complicated plots fly over their heads. This one won't even be able to read 5 lines from the books. They prefer the simple, the obvious, the straightforward.

Bimbo

lol!! hell yea, the book itself, "A song of ice and fire" no gree disappoint. but thats where i expect so many movie lovers to complain. GOT is just an easy-to-understand version of the ASOIAF book

2 Likes

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Heavance(m): 11:28am On Apr 16, 2019
jullidee2006:
all the movies you have acted in altogether are not worth one episode of Game of Thrones.... shiorr
Kindly add (with the ones she will eventually act) ......... The only Lawal i remeber is Mr Garuba Lawal that played for super eagles.

These are the people that do examples in class, and think that is the kind of questions they will meet in exam hall.
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by jiocnigltd: 11:31am On Apr 16, 2019
She cant understand what they say .
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by sursur(m): 11:32am On Apr 16, 2019
SocialJustice:
I know game of thrones is absolute rubbish.
na madness de worry u.
Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by ngwababe(f): 11:32am On Apr 16, 2019
IamD18:
Click "LIKE" if you think Tyrion Lannister's wine glass is more successful and popular than Moyo Lawal and Toke Makinwa.

How can you compare? You just insulted this guy aswear......lol

1 Like

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by Heavance(m): 11:32am On Apr 16, 2019
tohyorsih2:
it's still better than 99.9% of Nollywood movies.

All you guys act is sitcom smh lipsrsealed

You disappointed me gan........
How can you even compare GOT with the drama of nollywood?
Nollywood that still cannot act movies, yeah i mean Movies.....

Can nollywood act ordinary clash of the titans, or any movie of 1990?

1 Like

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:32am On Apr 16, 2019
encryptjay:
People always run away from series that challenges them to think. Game of Thrones is a great work. They did their homework well.
She should go and watch Westworld if she'll be able to grasp a thing, her brain go just collapse.
If you want to understand game of thrones, you don't just watch it, you have to go online and do some research on certain things and characters. You can't just carry yourself and watch GoT like that, you need to have a good movie IQ.
You have to appreciate humor and witty dialogue exchange to appreciate GOT..I've read the books from book one to five...the movies tried, but the books are more engaging...I always marvel at how one man's brain can come up with so much plot, humor and dialogues..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by encryptjay(m): 11:35am On Apr 16, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

You have to appreciate humor and witty dialogue exchange to appreciate GOT..I've read the books from book one to five...the movies tried, but the books are more engaging...I always marvel at how one man's brain can come up with so much plot, humor and dialogues..
I've had the books but I'm yet to finish them. George is yet to be done with the last book right?

1 Like

Re: Moyo Lawal: Game Of Thrones Not Worth The Hype by AkpaMgbor(m): 11:37am On Apr 16, 2019
erico2k2:

Vikings is good but GOT just Edged it a wee bit, some people like Vikings cos they like bloodshed some like GOT cos of sex and nude
I like GOT because of the dialogues..if you appreciate literature you will definitely love the books..the books are better because you take time to assimilate the dialogues unlike in the movies were one can miss the humour in what was said.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bukky Wright's New Look In Traditional Attire (PICTURES) / Pictures Of Teebillz Posing As R.Kelly / Hushpuppi Full Biography & Net Worth - Uzomedia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.