Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos (20630 Views)

Sit-At-Home: Asaba Is Taking Over The Economy Of The East / 10 Controversies That Shaped The Nationak Assembly In 2021 / Xenophobic Attacks: Nigerian Govt Demands Two Major Things From South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Anambralstson: 9:54am On Apr 20, 2019
Obi1kenobi:
This silly thread predictably devolved into what the OP was looking for. Spamming the Nairaland politics section all the time with Anambra propagandist nonsense as if any non-Anambrarian gives a fucckk, or as if Anambra is the only state in the country. If you wanted serious discussions, there is an Anambra development update thread mostly contributed to by Anambrarians. But it was just meant to be usual chestbeating nonsense. I don't see people from Kano or Kaduna or Rivers or Ogun always spamming this forum like the OP, making us Anambrarians look like chestbeating noisemakers all the time.
For the record, Anambra has only one city which is Onitsha. Nowhere else comes close to being a "city".
My mama tell me I be Igbo grin do you know road to your village, not to talk of Anambra cities,my threads is for ignorant minds, why not attack Channels tv also for showcasing Anambra's agro areas? I guess your father is Jeo Igbokwe

More of Anambra Agro sector

Lyden integrated farm Igbariam

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Anambralstson: 10:04am On Apr 20, 2019
Lyden integrated farm Igbariam[/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Ofemannnu: 10:15am On Apr 20, 2019
Anambralstson:

Anambra can't be compare Oyo except, you haven't been to the state, I know Ibadan very well, the state is very backward, dirty, have the highest numbers of begger, forget E-mumu here Yorubas knows how to manipulate the media through paper work, to look good, if you can remember then how they showed us figures, making silly noise that Osun IGR is larger than all southeastern states put together they abounded the propaganda when state couldn't pay salaries same thing they did with Ogun even Oyo these are states that was bankrupts when oil was low all the states in west couldn't pay workers salaries except Lagos, they all asked for FG bailout twice, Anambra they are challenging didn't, they are most indebted region in Nigeria, same Anambra the trying so hard to rub shoulder with is the least indebted state in Nigeria, that's why they are called oluwale, they good with fake grin grin Imagine the fake GDP the e-goat posted Oyo, Osun has more GDP than Anambra grin Only Nnewi alone will delete Osun economically and commercially grin grin same with Oyo Onitsha alone will delete Oyo economically and commercially grin

Ode olodo

USA is the most indebted country in the world but it is the most developed and most progressive.
Lagos,a Yoruba state us the most indebted state in Nigeria but it is the most developed and progressive.
SW is the most indebted a la Lagos but the most developed and the most progressive.
SE is not even the least indebted but it is the least developed and least progressive and has the highest poverty rate.
When Onitsha Mall was finally opened in Anambra,all of you were very happy that you finally have a mall.

That mall that you have never seen before,Ibadan that is more developed than all your 5 south eastern states has 5 mega ones with a lot still littered all over Ibadan.

lol
I don't know how all the mediocre cottage industries that you have been showcasing can grow the GDP of Anambra.
Oyo state GDP is twice more bigger than your poor Anambra.
You better face how Igboland will come out of poverty and stop running your pungent dirty mouth.

Go and check how OYO state pooped on Anambra's head.
Your dead Anambra is the 16th economy in Nigeria. grin
Pix 2.
That is Polo park,the biggest in the East that a Yoruba man built for you.

https://www.cgidd.com/

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:15am On Apr 20, 2019
Anambralstson:

My mama tell me I be Igbo grin do you know road to your village, not to talk of Anambra cities,my threads is for ignorant minds, why not attack Channels tv also for showcasing Anambra's agro areas? I guess your father is Jeo Igbokwe

More of Anambra Agro sector

Lyden integrated farm Igbariam

Just because your mother had different children from different men doesn't mean everyone's mother is the same, na. grin What is the relevance of that to your juvenile forum spamming?
Your threads are not meant to educate Anambrarians but for chestbeating purposes to other people. Because you're an unexposed village man, you think they are impressive, leading to grandiose nonsense like calling Nnewi a "city". Again, how many loudmouths from states like Kano, Kaduna, Rivers, Oyo, Ogun etc do you always see spamming the forum with similar threads to your asinine, attention-seeking posts about Anambra all the time?

2 Likes

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:46am On Apr 20, 2019
Ofemannnu:

Ode olodo

USA is the most indebted country in the world but it is the most developed and most progressive.
Lagos,a Yoruba state us the most indebted state in Nigeria but it is the most developed and progressive.
SW is the most indebted a la Lagos but the most developed and the most progressive.
SE is not even the least indebted but it is the least developed and least progressive and has the highest poverty rate.
When Onitsha Mall was finally opened in Anambra,all of you were very happy that you finally have a mall.

That mall that you have never seen before,Ibadan that is more developed than all your 5 south eastern states has 5 mega ones with a lot still littered all over Ibadan.

lol
I don't know how all the mediocre cottage industries that you have been showcasing can grow the GDP of Anambra.
You better face how Igboland will come out of poverty and stop running your pungent dirty mouth.

Pix 2.

Much as the guy you are addressing is a chestbeating clown, those GDP stats have no credibility. It has been circulated for donkey years (unchanging) and linked through Wikipedia. GDP is not an economic measure based on hard aggregated data and is the easiest economic metric to fake due to the fluid methodology involved, made more difficult by the large contributions of the informal sector to Nigeria's economy in relation to the organized private sector. It asserts for example that states like Imo have almost double the GDP of Anambra which is utter rubbish that even an Imo indigene would laugh at.

There is no credible state-by-state GDP data in Nigeria. Even NBS does not bother with it.

2 Likes

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Ofemannnu: 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Much as the guy you are addressing is a chestbeating clown, those GDP stats have no credibility. It has been circulated for donkey years (unchanging) and linked through Wikipedia. GDP is not an economic measure based on hard aggregated data and is the easiest economic metric to fake due to the fluid methodology involved, made more difficult by the large contributions of the informal sector to Nigeria's economy in relation to the organized private sector. It asserts for example that states like Imo have almost double the GDP of Anambra which is utter rubbish that even an Imo indigene would laugh at.

There is no credible state-by-state GDP data in Nigeria. Even NBS does not bother with it.

I had wanted to argue with you but I'd rather let you argue with this expert in what they know how to do well,globally.
Oyo state GDP in 2007 was around 29 billion while in 2010 it came down to 16 billion.Your assertion that the GDP is state is false.
Oyo state is economically viable than Anambra.Mostvof the businesses in Anambra are small enterprises or cottage industries.Have you seen the IGR of Anambra state?

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:58pm On Apr 20, 2019
Ofemannnu:

I had wanted to argue with you but I'd rather let you argue with this expert in what they know how to do well,globally.
Oyo state GDP in 2007 was around 29 billion while in 2010 it came down to 16 billion.Your assertion that the GDP is state is false.
Oyo state is economically viable than Anambra.Mostvof the businesses in Anambra are small enterprises or cottage industries.Have you seen the IGR of Anambra state?

Who the hell is CGIDD? Again, those stats aren't credible. I'm not here to argue about who has the biggest GDP or not, but your source is not a credible one.
IGR is not necessarily a measure of economic activity either, but can simply be a measure of government efficiency in tax collection. Ogun has over 3 times the IGR of Oyo (which isn't that impressive either), yet Oyo is more populated than Ogun. I'd say this is because Ogun has a greater base of industries in the organized private sector, many of whom have corporate headquarters in Lagos and factories in Ogun, which are a more reliable tax base than traders in the informal economy. Or abi you think it is because Ogun's economy is 3 times greater than Oyo?

1 Like

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 1:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
Ofemannnu:

Ode olodo

lol

Pix 2.

So Oyo state and Yoruba people are now USA abi? grin grin grin grin grin
Very very silly comment grin grin grin

The funny thing is that Yorubas are the highest population of new immigrants into every Igbo city - particularly Onitsha, Enugu and Aba. Yet, you never hear about this huge drift in the media. Perhaps its hidden in the media because it does not suite the narrative of some tribalists hating their Igbo compatriots in the west.
Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 1:15pm On Apr 20, 2019
DawatNama:
If Anambra cities were built horizontally like Yoruba mud hamlets of Ibadan and Abeokuta by now we will be living in Kogi and Imo State but have our businesses in Onitsha and Nnewi.

Imagine all the poor Yoruba face-me-i-face-you mud hamlets were to built Vertically it will take you just one hour by foot to cover the entire Ibadan and other sourrounding villages they tag city grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai, most Chinese Cities were vertically built like Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi but Ibadan and her ghetto sister Abeokuta were horizontally built that depicts poverty and wastage grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sometimes i think we focus on competing with lame individuals. Which makes no sense at all.

We should stop this idea of comparing with Western Nigeria and compare with progressive countries in Africa like Rwanda, and Botswana. I really don't get the need to compare with SW except to simply annoy them that the Igbos they ridicule as living on trees actually have a better place.

5 Likes

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Ofemannnu: 1:39pm On Apr 20, 2019
ChimaAdeoye:

So Oyo state and Yoruba people are now USA abi? grin grin grin grin grin
Very very silly comment grin grin grin
hyper very silly comment
Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Ofemannnu: 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2019
DawatNama:
If Anambra cities were built horizontally like Yoruba mud hamlets of Ibadan and Abeokuta by now we will be living in Kogi and Imo State but have our businesses in Onitsha and Nnewi.

Imagine all the poor Yoruba face-me-i-face-you mud hamlets were to built Vertically it will take you just one hour by foot to cover the entire Ibadan and other sourrounding villages they tag city grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai, most Chinese Cities were vertically built like Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi but Ibadan and her ghetto sister Abeokuta were horizontally built that depicts poverty and wastage grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Those places you are showing are places that were built when you Igbos were practically walking naked and living in huts and they are just a minute percentage of Yorubaland very minute.Those houses were built like that in the olden days when SW was the most developed, reason they have brown roofs and because Yorubaland is vast per landmass in the south,a few of them are left and other new sites which are double or even triple anything in the SE are built unto.
Igboland people that were living in huts then even have substantial but not as many as the SW because they do not have much space and also have scanty houses compared to the SW.I will post Igboland later.
In all even with the old Ibadan which is not more than Onitsha,Ibadan is still more developed than the entire Igboland.This is a fact.
Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Ofemannnu: 3:23pm On Apr 20, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Who the hell is CGIDD? Again, those stats aren't credible. I'm not here to argue about who has the biggest GDP or not, but your source is not a credible one.
IGR is not necessarily a measure of economic activity either, but can simply be a measure of government efficiency in tax collection. Ogun has over 3 times the IGR of Oyo (which isn't that impressive either), yet Oyo is more populated than Ogun. I'd say this is because Ogun has a greater base of industries in the organized private sector, many of whom have corporate headquarters in Lagos and factories in Ogun, which are a more reliable tax base than traders in the informal economy. Or abi you think it is because Ogun's economy is 3 times greater than Oyo?

lol

Anything that does not eulogize you IGBOS is not reliable.CANBACK is globally recognized and accepted and they do not know Oyo from Anambra but just doing their work.

I am sorry but get to know what GDP and economy stand for before we can have a robust chat.

Ogun state economy is like that beçause they are the most industrialised (with real industries employing thousands or hundreds)state in Nigeria even more than Lagos.
Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Anambralstson: 9:19pm On Apr 20, 2019
Ofemannnu:

Ode olodo

lol

Pix 2.

This is end of discussion

NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS 2010-2015

BANK CREDIT AND DEPOSIT BY STATES IN NIGERIA

Bank credit/deposit in each state may be used as an indicator of the level of activity and well being of operators (households and businesses) in a particular state as it shows what residents are borrowing and the amount deposit in banks
grin grin grin grin grin grin Ibadan is biggest slum

from NBS report on bank deposit/credit from 2010-2015

Bank deposit in Anambra state #1'844'434.75
Bank Credit # 258'716.37
Balance #1'585'718.38

Bank deposit in Oyo #1'617'678.48
bank credit #598'298.6
balance #1'019'379.88

https://www.nairaland.com/3087723/nbs-report-bank-credit-deposit-states

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 20, 2019
Obi1kenobi:
This silly thread predictably devolved into what the OP was looking for. Spamming the Nairaland politics section all the time with Anambra propagandist nonsense as if any non-Anambrarian gives a fucckk, or as if Anambra is the only state in the country. If you wanted serious discussions, there is an Anambra development update thread mostly contributed to by Anambrarians. But it was just meant to be usual chestbeating nonsense. I don't see people from Kano or Kaduna or Rivers or Ogun always spamming this forum like the OP, making us Anambrarians look like chestbeating noisemakers all the time.
For the record, Anambra has only one city which is Onitsha. Nowhere else comes close to being a "city".

U must be a real failure in life but don't be too bitter coz it will diminish the more.

3 Likes

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 21, 2019
Obi1kenobi:
[s]This silly thread predictably devolved into what the OP was looking for. Spamming the Nairaland politics section all the time with Anambra propagandist nonsense as if any non-Anambrarian gives a fucckk, or as if Anambra is the only state in the country. If you wanted serious discussions, there is an Anambra development update thread mostly contributed to by Anambrarians. But it was just meant to be usual chestbeating nonsense. I don't see people from Kano or Kaduna or Rivers or Ogun always spamming this forum like the OP, making us Anambrarians look like chestbeating noisemakers all the time.
For the record, Anambra has only one city which is Onitsha. Nowhere else comes close to being a "city"[/s].

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Ofemannnu: 9:48am On Apr 21, 2019
Anambralstson:

Bank credit/deposit in each state may be used as an indicator of the level of activity and well being of operators (households and businesses) in a particular state as it shows what residents are borrowing and the amount deposit in banks

Bank Credit # 258'716.37
Balance #1'585'718.38

bank credit #598'298.6
balance #1'019'379.88

USA has slums but it is more developed than Britain.
Stop using slum that you have in Igboland to cover your undevelopment.
Igboland has slums,undeveloped,tiny and it is becoming a desert according to your Ibo brothers.
old houses which roofs have gotten brown which were built when Igbos were walking unclad and living in huts show that Yorubaland had been developed far,far before you become civilised.
Even with the old part,ibadan is still more developed than the entire Igboland.
USA has slums but it is a developed nation because they have lots and lots of infrastructures and high GDP.

Lagos has the highest slums in Nigeria but it is more developed than all the states of Nigeria because they have lots of infrastructures and high GDP.

Ibadan city only is more developed than Igboland because it has lots of infrastructures and high GDP
IGBOLAND:

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Ofemannnu: 10:16am On Apr 21, 2019
IGBOLAND.
Tiny,undeveloped and full of slums.

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Anambralstson: 3:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
Eastern soap and detergent industries, Awka

6 Likes

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Ofemannnu: 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
Anambralstson:

Bank Credit # 258'716.37
Balance #1'585'718.38

bank credit #598'298.6
balance #1'019'379.88

IGBOLAND:

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Anambralstson: 6:59am On Apr 26, 2019
Ofemannnu:

lol
You wrote this lengthy thing just to turn fact on its head?

Before I say anything,just ponder on these facts:
Cure you ignorance

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 26, 2019
Nna do you sell the rice? I need to chop home grown rice.

Anambralstson:
Before Ozubulu, let me show Anambra rice produced by Stine mill Amichi, Anambra boast of five giant mills, Stine mill is only located in Anambra South, the remaining four are all located in Anambra North, Anambra north are mainly for agro industries

1 Like

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by AuntLaVIV(f): 8:16am On Apr 26, 2019
Anambralstson:

Cure you ignorance

Rainbow cinema has opened in Onitsha. Film house is set to open in Awka soon.

5 Likes

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Ofemannnu: 9:46pm On Apr 26, 2019
Anambralstson:

Cure you ignorance

Cure your obstinacy.

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Emycord: 8:21am On Apr 28, 2019
Anambralstson:
Tummy Tummy noodles Nnewi
they wont ever take this to front page, never. such a nice thread well done bro you are truely a " first son " and have the interest of igbo's at heart

1 Like

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Emycord: 8:23am On Apr 28, 2019
Anambralstson:
Tummy Tummy noodles Nnewi
they wont ever take this to front page, never. such a nice thread well done bro you are truely a " first son " and have the interest of igbo's at heart, anambra adibago nma nyee aka ka odi nma. anambra ife nke obodo anyi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Emycord: 8:45am On Apr 28, 2019
Anambralstson:

Nnewi is more populated, Nnewi is for commercial and industries, it just that government pay less attention, unlike Awka and Onitsha
tell this mad people quoting you to say rubbish, that anambra state is unique, it has three major towns or city ,
1 awka: administration
2 onitsha : commerce
3 nnewi : industrial

1 Like

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by chiefobdk(m): 9:51am On Apr 28, 2019
Emycord:
tell this mad people quoting you to say rubbish, that anambra state is unique, it has three major towns or city ,
1 awka: administration
2 onitsha : commerce
3 nnewi : industrial

Nnewi is industrial and commerce
Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Unbiased1: 10:15am On Apr 28, 2019
chiefobdk:

Onitsha is the Commercial and Industrial hub of the Southeast.

2 Likes

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by Emycord: 12:10pm On Apr 28, 2019
chiefobdk:

its not a point for debate, but what we are saying is while nnewi is 90% motocycle parts +10% other parts , onitsha covers virtually all aspects of human endeavour. that apart it also serves as conduit city for all other things to pass to other parts of nigeria there is not a goods made in nnewi that wont come into and pass through onitsha on its way out of the state. to get out of anambra and south east you must come down to onitsha ado. even if you are going to the north and you are at awka you must reach onitsha although the bus will pass through awka

1 Like

Re: Recapitulation Of Two Major Cities That Shaped Economy Of Anambra State-photos by chiefobdk(m): 12:30pm On Apr 28, 2019
Emycord:
its not a point for debate, but what we are saying is while nnewi is 90% motocycle parts +10% other parts , onitsha covers virtually all aspects of human endeavour. that apart it also serves as conduit city for all other things to pass to other parts of nigeria there is not a goods made in nnewi that wont come into and pass through onitsha on its way out of the state. to get out of anambra and south east you must come down to onitsha ado. even if you are going to the north and you are at awka you must reach onitsha although the bus will pass through awka

Trucks load in Nnewi to north Not all have to pass through onitsha, onitsha is gateway to the west and not to the north. I don't need to pass through onitsha to go to d north from Nnewi,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Election Tribunal: How Aides, Lawyers Scammed Atiku – Lauretta Onochie / Strike Action: Lagos State Vows To Apply Rule Of Law / Electricity Grid Collapses Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.