Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady (20952 Views)

Real Reason That Police Men Were Burned In Anambra / No Officer Is Allowed To Harass You even If You Have A Serpent As Tattoo - PPRO / 70 Teenagers Arrested In Yenagoa During Raid. See What Police Will Do To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by NinjaMetahuman: 11:39am On Apr 17, 2019
digital5:
How do criminals dress
help me ask the turkey brain o
Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Vacora(m): 11:40am On Apr 17, 2019
She is a feminist and was trying to draw similarities between men blaming women for being harassed or raped simply because of the way they dressed. I think it is a poor and insensitive comparison sha

1 Like

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by cr7lomo: 11:40am On Apr 17, 2019
Most women find it hard to accept their mistakes and gullibility... U can't expose urself to potential harm and only blame the criminal even if it's a fact that the criminal that committed the offence should be prosecuted.... driving at night from the club puts me at risk of being attacked by armed robbers ... But that don't mean I wudnt put a bit of blame on myself for exposing myself to criminals at that time... But a policeman is not meant to be a criminal cos his duty is to protect the citizens and not kill and harass them...i would hv agreed with her if policemen harassed and raped ladies that wore skimpy cloths at night and men say things like the ladies asked for it... This post is dumb to use as an analogy...and I'm sure how must people that agree with her aren't smart enough to identify the difference

2 Likes

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Amhappy(f): 11:44am On Apr 17, 2019
Nice
Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Vacora(m): 11:47am On Apr 17, 2019
cr7lomo:
Most women find it hard to accept their mistakes and gullibility... U can't expose urself to potential harm and only blame the criminal even if it's a fact that the criminal that committed the offence should be prosecuted.... driving at night from the club puts me at risk of being attacked by armed robbers ... But that don't mean I wudnt put a bit of blame on myself for exposing myself to criminals at that time... But a policeman is not meant to be a criminal cos his duty is to protect the citizens and not kill and harass them...i would hv agreed with her if policemen harassed and raped ladies that wore skimpy cloths at night and men say things like the ladies asked for it... This post is dumb to use as an analogy...and I'm sure how must people that agree with her aren't smart enough to identify the difference

I visited her twitter page and thought her argument was plain dumb. Like they say you cannot polish a turd.
Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by VolvoS60(m): 11:49am On Apr 17, 2019
grin

Some posters tying themselves in knots trying to criticize her.

Her sarcasm is indeed premium grade - 100%

2 Likes

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Davesaves(m): 11:50am On Apr 17, 2019
Daeylar:
She's right.
That's how Nigerians judge, stereotype, harass and assault women based on their dressing.
Then when questioned, claim they are right to do so based on some morality and decency/indecency bullshit.
Now that SARS is doing the same to Men they want sympathy and they want to #EndSars.

She did a good job touching on everything, including "not all policemen" found this tweet supporting her on that.
Pls u can walk the streets naked if thats what u want.. its cool. does that make u feel better?

1 Like

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Martinez39(m): 11:50am On Apr 17, 2019
Don't dress like a prostitute so men won't rape you. undecided

#sarcasm

2 Likes

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 17, 2019
many nigerian university graduate abroad have tattos and dreads. do they get harrassed by police there nonsense woman

1 Like

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by SexytorresE(f): 11:54am On Apr 17, 2019
She idiot! She should have post pix of how criminals dress, Stupid gal. And u expect me to read all that sh*t? People dress roughly in America and other part of the continents but u won't see police harassing or accusing them being a criminal. They walk freely and do things freely, so WTF are u felling us? undecided
Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by sapientia(m): 11:57am On Apr 17, 2019
If you plan to comment without reading the complete episode.

Abort! Abort!!! Abort!!!!

I repeat!!!!

Abort!!!!
Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by frowland(m): 12:01pm On Apr 17, 2019
Did she say why I go about with laptop and iPhone? She made some valid points but tagging laptops and iPhone as a criminal item means we will never get it right.
Come to Japan and see young men and women with laptops and gadgets in almost every corner you look. Well, una don hear her. Throw away your laptop, your iphone. Go back to calculator and 3310. Madness in the land.

1 Like

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Brightdude007: 12:01pm On Apr 17, 2019
As a young man, just walk past them with ordinary clean nice school bag. The rest is history

1 Like

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by safarigirl(f): 12:02pm On Apr 17, 2019
titiloyeblog:
What about those that didn't dress as such but were still harassed? What's their fate?
what about women who don't dress provocatively, but still get raped?

That's the lady's logic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Born2Breed(f): 12:03pm On Apr 17, 2019
Aside the saggy jeans all other points are invalid.

How would she feel if people tag her a runs girl cos of her dressing.

1 Like

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Staru1(m): 12:04pm On Apr 17, 2019
tachacute:
A Nigerian Girl has shared her view on the SARS/Police brutality.

See screenshot of what she wrote below:

https://www.everywherestew.com.ng/2019/04/police-should-harass-you-if-you-dress.html?m=1

pls does criminals have a dressing code, if yes, what's jagaban's dressing code, do u really dress to impress urself or others? transh....next level mentalist
Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by switch47(m): 12:05pm On Apr 17, 2019
I can boldly say that many young men that are well dressed have also been harassed in the past .

1 Like

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by safarigirl(f): 12:05pm On Apr 17, 2019
Vacora:
She is a feminist and was trying to draw similarities between men blaming women for being harassed or raped simply because of the way they dressed. I think it is a poor and insensitive comparison sha
insensitive to who?

Are people not raped simply for walking down a street? Are little girls not raped for trusting an uncle? Bad things happen to good people and it isn't always their faultd

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Arelyn: 12:09pm On Apr 17, 2019
She is on point, though some people may feel bad but the truth is Fact don't care about how you feel..The truth is your dressing, your acts are the essential ingredients for profiling.
I don't think any sane guy will want to attend an interview in his dream organisation and go with tattoos (not well covered), dreads, saggy and rag jeans
Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by wisdomkid: 12:15pm On Apr 17, 2019
Pidginwhisper:
I didn't read but i can categorically tell you that she's fuccking a SARS guy. grin

You're way bigger than sh*t. Idiotic illitrate filling the Nigerian Online space.
Can't you read?
Did you see the valid points she mapped out?
Why are you like this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by bluefilm: 12:15pm On Apr 17, 2019
She was making just a little sense until she deviated and made it all about women rights feminism of a nonsense... and then she lost it all.

Nonsense. angry

2 Likes

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by ericmor: 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
I have only read the first 3 messages and knew she had nothing to offer. People that I’ve seen so far been harassed by Sars are well dressed people looking fresh which is d main reason y sars harras them anyway bcs they think any good looking guy is a yahoo boy. The funny part of it is that the sars people knows where all the cult boys are but they will just pass by like is not their business but they will rather go for fresh n well dressed guys cus they believe they can get money from them. Me I’ve said my own that sars will continue the killing and harassment since we are not ready to stand for our right
Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Elexdallas(m): 12:20pm On Apr 17, 2019
#endsars or #weendit
Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by HeyCorleone(m): 12:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
GavelSlam:
At first I thought another attention seeker.

After going through her posts, I can say she has some valid points.

Agreed, one shouldn't be profiled on the appearance of another but men in Nigeria are quick to call a female a farm implement based on her dressing.

Men are quick to blame the female victims when issues arise using such things as what were you doing in his house at 3.a.m.

Would it then be well for he police to ask why you are driving around in a flashy car, deadlocked, tattoed, sagged jeans with 2 laptops in your back seat?

You are not a musician, and I don't think you are an actor. You evidently don't work in a bank or farm.

Abeg explain yourself better to the officer.

So I should not afford the life I want because illiteracy is the order of the day among our security forces?

1 Like

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by legalwealth(m): 12:22pm On Apr 17, 2019
She is making sense as well! !!
Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by ericmor: 12:23pm On Apr 17, 2019
Brightdude007:
As a young man, just walk past them with ordinary clean nice school bag. The rest is history
They most see wat u have in the bag and also your phone
Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Craigslists: 12:23pm On Apr 17, 2019
Born2Breed:
Aside the saggy jeans all other points are invalid.

How would she feel if people tag her a runs girl cos of her dressing.

Na only you be the babe wey get sense for here. Kudos!

Others are probably typing from their asses. Fish brains!
Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by dipseacon: 12:23pm On Apr 17, 2019
The majority of you people who commented under this post are so dumb. Look at you already judging her without reading till the end to notice that all these tweets were just to drive home a point, about the raging rape mentality men hold against females, with reference to the outfit of the rape victim. It's now discernible that a larger part of the Nigerian populace is quick to throw in their weight to a topic/story without thoroughly reviewing all aspects of it. SAD!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by dipseacon: 12:27pm On Apr 17, 2019
That's why you didn't get her main point. You are the one that has nothing to offer since common sense did not tell you to read till the end before you conclude.
ericmor:
I have only read the first 3 messages and knew she had nothing to offer. People that I’ve seen so far been harassed by Sars are well dressed people looking fresh which is d main reason y sars harras them anyway bcs they think any good looking guy is a yahoo boy. The funny part of it is that the sars people knows where all the cult boys are but they will just pass by like is not their business but they will rather go for fresh n well dressed guys cus they believe they can get money from them. Me I’ve said my own that sars will continue the killing and harassment since we are not ready to stand for our right

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beninoise Kills Man While Fighting Over Birthday Pig (Pictured) / Mob Roasts Man For Robbing A Woman Pot Of Soup In Calabar / Unknown Gunmen Threaten To Attack 10 LGAs In Anambra (Full List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.