Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

For The Sake Of Our Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For The Sake Of Our Marriage (1626 Views)

That Moment You Got Married For The Sake Of American Visa(picture) / What Habit(s) Have You Dropped For The Sake Of Love? / Do You Know A Playboy? For The Sake Of Sisters Put Down His Name Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Sake Of Our Marriage by akinolasam: 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2010
I do watch it in movies (Nolly-wood) but was shocked when a Broda-man told me after service on Sunday for my advice.

He got married about 12 years ago to a respectable young lady who is now 33yr, but no child yet.
Both had gone for tests and were declared unfit 3years ago. His was said to be less than 5% correctable, while the lady could have a good chance if she kept to the prescription by the doctors. During the last  check-up by the lady, the doctor told her that her chance is 50-50 now.
The question they both put forward now is: which of these is better?

1. Getting an unknown donor from the sp-erm bank.
2. The wife taking a 'shot' from any old acquaintance.
3. Finding in house solution by getting the junior brother of the hubby involved.
4. Go for adoption from the motherless home. this was an option they are NOT comfortable with as family members & friend will not see the woman going thru the pregnancy state.

He said he will not mind the 1st & 3rd, while the wife said she MAY put up with the 1st & 2nd, and if after everything nothing happen, they may go for the 4th.

What do you think I should advice them?
Did I hear someone say PRAYER?
Yes, that has been my stand since about 6 years now that I met them.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2010
Yes they must continue to pray.There is nothing God can not do.
I heard of a woman's testimony in church like 2wks agao.She was married for 17yrs without any issue.Just last month God gave a quadruplet (3girls &1boy).How do u see this?So our God knws no low sperm count or whatever,tell them to be very fervent in prayers. i dont mean going to false churches to light candles or swimming in the rivers.They shld engage in serious fasting and prayer.I also recommend they go for delieverance cos they dont know where the problem culd be from.It might be beyond the physical realm.
All the best
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by MOBO444(f): 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2010
Poster what of the option of 2nd wife, all this black women have spoil themselves with abortion, i have worked in the medical field and i know what i am saying,ok.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2010
^^^^^
U r here again black brother to nag about "all black women" cheesy grin
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by yme1(f): 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2010
continue praying and i had prefer they go for option 1
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by akinolasam: 2:59pm On Sep 15, 2010
MOBO444:

Poster what of the option of 2nd wife, all this black women have spoil themselves with abortion, i have worked in the medical field and i know what i am saying,ok.

I don't think that will solve any problem.
The man is more affected than the lady.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by jaybee3(m): 3:01pm On Sep 15, 2010
Personally, i will most certainly go for option 4 as i don't do denial.

Option 1 is the best bet as no one can lay claim to the child when born
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by MOBO444(f): 3:03pm On Sep 15, 2010
^^^Yes i think Jay Bee is right, yes Jay bee is very correct, option 4 is the best since no one can lay claim.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by akinolasam: 3:16pm On Sep 15, 2010
nikkykay:

I heard of a woman's testimony in church like 2wks agao.She was married for 17yrs without any issue.Just last month God gave a quadruplet (3girls &1boy).How do u see this?So our God knws no low spermatozoa count or whatever,tell them to be very fervent in prayers. i dont mean going to false churches to light candles or swimming in the rivers.They shld engage in serious fasting and prayer.I also recommend they go for delieverance cos they dont know where the problem culd be from.It might be beyond the physical realm.
All the best

I am more comfortable with prayers too. But to them its like why I kept saying that was because I dont know what they are passing through. I even said that any of the options will only work out when God approves.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by jaybee3(m): 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2010
Make una leave all dis prayer talk jare.
God only help those that help themselves.
They should be reasonable and get wise quickly. Miracles do happen but what are the chances when they have tried for 13yrs?
They should adopt or get the annoymous sperm donor thingy.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by yme1(f): 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2010
^^^ i cast the devil outta you grin grin
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by MOBO444(f): 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2010
^^^Y me why are you insulting Jay Bee, i tell you to apologise within minutes right now, ok apologise as a big girl.
All Jay bee said was heaven help those who help them selves, can you have a child with out making love, you must make love for some time and even then at the right time or there will be no pregnancy, now be a good black girl and apologise to Jay Bee.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2010
^^^ They shld not be desperate at all cos there faith wont work again and this can make them go to the extreme whereby different pple will be asking them for money and asking them to do all sort of rubbish just in the name of looking for a child.
Tell them to go for delieverance i knw God can do it.
Tell the man to be strong.
jay bee:

Make una leave all dis prayer talk jare.
God only help those that help themselves.
They should be reasonable and get wise quickly. Miracles do happen but what are the chances when they have tried for 13yrs?
They should adopt or get the annoymous spermatozoa donor thingy.
When it is taking this long, i think it needs prayers.U dont look at things in the physical realm alone, look at the spiritual aspect as well.
And with option 4, do u think the woman will be happy or the man that he couldnt father a child on his own
Option 1, hw do u know it will work for this woman?
But with God all things are possible "for those that believe"
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by jaybee3(m): 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2010
@yme
Madam, don't you think dats why Nigeria is still in a sorry dire state after over 50 yrs of independence?
Everything na so so prayer instead of finding a solution.
Mind you prayer is not always the solution to problems.

It's like praying to have a job but sitting one's ass at home not applying for jobs.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by MOBO444(f): 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2010
^^^I knew you were the Man, some body will be fainting and dying, take him to the hospital to save his life, some people will be casting out demond, a car will be about to have an accident, religion is good and great, but those extremist are our problem in Nigeria and they are so much in Nigeria.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by yme1(f): 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2010
@ MOBO444
so you mean you can't tell an insult when its been thrown out ?
abeg hide yaself like ur 2 inch di:ck undecided and why drink panadol for anoda's head ache?

jay bee:

@yme
Madam, don't you think dats why Nigeria is still in a sorry dire state after over 50 yrs of independence?
Everything na so so prayer instead of finding a solution.
Mind you prayer is not always the solution to problems.

It's like praying to have a job but sitting one's backside at home not applying for jobs.
i know what you are talking about dear wink and hope you didn't take the devil thing as an insilt?
cause that was just a joke undecided
but don't forget we need to back everything up with prayers spiritually and work on the prob physically
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by jaybee3(m): 3:49pm On Sep 15, 2010
Haba YME shocked shocked shocked
I don't have a problem with backing things up with prayers. What i do have a problem with is if people continue thinking the magic solution to their problems is through prayers.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by MOBO444(f): 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2010
Y me did i offend you in anyway, why did yo insult me, 2 inch what and i bet you want it but you wont have it babay girl, you wont, no wonder you are single and searching at your age.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by akinolasam: 4:03pm On Sep 15, 2010
MOBO444:

^^^Yes i think Jay Bee is right, yes Jay bee is very correct, option 4 is the best since no one can lay claim.

agreed, but read the post again and u will see why they are not too comfortable with dat. the woman want to have the privilege of carrying the pregnancy, at least that will SHUT -UP many side comments
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by yme1(f): 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2010
jay bee:

Haba YME shocked shocked shocked
I don't have a problem with backing things up with prayers. What i do have a problem with is if people continue thinking the magic solution to their problems is through prayers.
i concur wink kiss

MOBO444:

Y me did i offend you in anyway, why did yo insult me,
no you didn't offend me in anyway and no i didn't insult u either

2 inch what and i bet you want it but you wont have it babay girl, you wont,

i want what?where the heck is that gonna get to in the pu:ssy,the cli:t?
abeg free me jor

no wonder you are single and searching at your age.
e dey pain you tongue
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by MOBO444(f): 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2010
^^^Why do i have a feeling you are feeling the itch down there my black sister, i understand the lonely feeling, right now anything will do for you believe me and it wont be me, it wont be me.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by Orikinla(m): 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2010
In a society where the main reason why people marry is to have your own children, the wife cannot do anything else but wait for a miracle for her husband. But I know a woman who was in a similar situation and waited for 14 years in vain. The husband later left her for the US and now she is too broken to even think of seeking for another man when she is almost 50.

I advise lovers to go for medical test while they are still courting before marriage. If you want children and your partner is not productive, PLEASE DO NOT MARRY.

Prevention is better than looking for a cure later.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by yme1(f): 4:17pm On Sep 15, 2010
MOBO444:

^^^Why do i have a feeling you are feeling the itch down there my black sister, i understand the lonely feeling, right now anything will do for you believe me and it wont be me, it wont be me.
aiit this will be my last reply to you FU:CKTARD

I SAY FREE ME LIKE LOLLY POP
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by saintchux(m): 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2010
akinolasam:

which of these is better?

1. Getting an unknown donor from the sp-erm bank.
2. The wife taking a 'shot' from any old acquaintance.
3. Finding in house solution by getting the junior brother of the hubby involved.
4. Go for adoption from the motherless home. this was an option they are NOT comfortable with as family members & friend will not see the woman going thru the pregnancy state.

He said he will not mind the 1st & 3rd, while the wife said she MAY put up with the 1st & 2nd, and if after everything nothing happen, they may go for the 4th.

What do you think I should advice them?
Did I hear someone say PRAYER?
Yes, that has been my stand since about 6 years now that I met them.

If they are REALLY  born again as they claim; option 2 & 3 should not even come near their mind as it is adultery, that may be the reason why God is yet to answer their prayers.

As for my candid advice because they have lost hope in God. They should go for option 1, since they want the wife to carry the baby.

nikkykay:

I heard of a woman's testimony in church like 2wks agao.She was married for 17yrs without any issue.Just last month God gave a quadruplet (3girls &1boy).How do u see this?So our God knws no low spermatozoa count or whatever,tell them to be very fervent in prayers. i dont mean going to false churches to light candles or swimming in the rivers.They shld engage in serious fasting and prayer.I also recommend they go for delieverance cos they dont know where the problem culd be from.It might be beyond the physical realm.
All the best

Do you know the option the woman took out of the 4 given above. We are only human and do not know the intent of the heart.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by denzel2009: 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2010
MOBO444:

Poster what of the option of 2nd wife, all this black women have spoil themselves with abortion, [b]i have worked in the medical field [/b]and i know what i am saying,ok.

Cleaning old people's nyash is not medical field[i] per se[/i].

Poster, option 1 is the best bet so far they dont get a whiteman's sperm.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by akinolasam: 4:44pm On Sep 15, 2010
Orikinla:

I advise lovers to go for medical test while they are still courting before marriage. If you want children and your partner is not productive, PLEASE DO NOT MARRY.
Prevention is better than looking for a cure later.

Its good to go for all necessary tests, yet there are couples with very good MEDICAL records and reports that are looking for the same thing - children.

saintchux:

Do you know the option the woman took out of the 4 given above. We are only human and do not know the intent of the heart.

Like I posted, she prefer either 1st or 2nd, and if it still does not work out she said the 4th can then follow.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by googles: 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2010
denzel2009:

Cleaning old people's nyash is not medical field[i] per se[/i],

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

@post

Option 3 is just so so bad. . . . its in the family dat is just so wrong

wat if the brother starts blackmailing them or just decides he wants to fess up one day.  undecided

option no.1 and 4 are good enough i think
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by MOBO444(f): 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2010
^^^ I knew you did come in at some stage and say something cheap, please grow up black lady.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by akinolasam: 4:53pm On Sep 15, 2010
googles:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

@post

Option 3 is just so so bad. . . . its in the family dat is just so wrong

wat if the brother starts blackmailing them or just decides he wants to fess up one day.
 undecided

option no.1 and 4 are good enough i think

that was the fear of the woman, and was the reason she turned it down too.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by MOBO444(f): 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2010
Look they better find a solution to all this talk, they have to be quick and fast.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by Omolola1(f): 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2010
Prayer is the key! But then option 1 is ok.
Re: For The Sake Of Our Marriage by MOBO444(f): 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2010
Omolola1:

Prayer is the key! But then option 1 is ok.

Omolola dont even come here and pretend, you are telling other to try option 1, have you tried option 13 or 17, you can talk.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tell Us How To Stop Shying Away From Girls / A Wifes Big Mistake / When Everything Seems Right Does That Mean Something Is Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.