Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant (29539 Views)

Cost Of Rent Around Oyo| Co-tenant / Cost Of Rent Around Abuja|Co-tenant / Cost Of Rent Around Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by Seetto: 6:47pm On Apr 20, 2019
wifeesnatcher:

Does that made all Northern States as portrayed by the dude the best with his invalid stereotype? Till now northeast is the worse to stay in Nigeria in terms of insecurity. So all north states didn't have challenges?

Who are those killing people in zamfara? Are they Yoruba, Niger Delta or Igbo? You're even more dumb than him
You are dick headed hallucinogenic fool dumb ass, you think you can come to a forum and open your maggot infested stinking piggy mouth and insult people, can't you air your opinion without adding insult,
north is not safe, and you guys will never desist in trooping to north to earn living, go to kano and Kaduna and see billions investment own by your Igbo's, like people from the west. Rubbish....

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by dayorich: 6:52pm On Apr 20, 2019
lawman88:
my Brother is living in Hotoro North area of Kano city. His two bedroom frlat is 80,000. the kitchen is tiled to the top, floors of the rooms tiled, toilet tiled. It is only in sabon gari that house rent is very high cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yes, our lives are all in God's hands but the same God has given everyone wisdom to direct us.
Pls, advise that your brother not to be penny-wise with the so-called "cheap rent" and pound-foolish with the attendant cost he might have to pay when riot (political or religious or ethnic) breaks out without notice.
Hotoro is a hot zone and chuefly dominated by core Hausa community.
Tell your brother to be wise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by amokeme(f): 6:52pm On Apr 20, 2019
lawman88:
my Brother is living in Hotoro North area of Kano city. His two bedroom frlat is 80,000. the kitchen is tiled to the top, floors of the rooms tiled, toilet tiled. It is only in sabon gari that house rent is very high cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
But Hotoro is not safe and the area feels somehow. 90% of the residents are core Hausa people. That place is always volatile during fights..

#Kano'sTorchlight
#TheTorchlight

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by amokeme(f): 6:55pm On Apr 20, 2019
ttmax09:
Yes kano is good if you are a muslim. Bt if a christian you will only feel safe living in sabon gari

This is false... completely.
Especially for NYSC members, they will just contest the already congested sabon gari because of false informations like this
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by francis1759(m): 6:58pm On Apr 20, 2019
FEAR NORTH
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by amokeme(f): 6:59pm On Apr 20, 2019
dayo2me:

Let me ask you the price for a self con in nomansland ?
Why not look for a house arround jaba instead of Nomansland? Houses there are over priced.

#Kano'sTorchlight
#TheTorchlight
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by amokeme(f): 6:59pm On Apr 20, 2019
If you want to know anything about kano feel free to ask me me or send a message to 08136990789.

#Kano'sTorchlight
#TheTorchlight
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by NaMeAboki: 7:21pm On Apr 20, 2019
Babzcom:
80k for a flat in Nassarawa ? Where? Even a self con is around 100k minus kudi gworo in Nassarawa .

I agree, Nassarawa is the traditional G.R.A. and therefore prime section of Kano; the rent should accordingly be the highest'; can't imagine any flat going for 80k, maybe BQ, if you can get hold of one.
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by emmyid(m): 8:03pm On Apr 20, 2019
Babzcom:
80k for a flat in Nassarawa ? Where? Even a self con is around 100k minus kudi gworo in Nassarawa .

No mind OP. I paid 100k minus kwudi Goro. Nasarawa GRA axis
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by ismailibnbashir: 8:05pm On Apr 20, 2019
Am staying in kano naw more than 20yrs nd house rent there is freaking chap.d one dat am currently staying naw is 250k two bed rum flat kitchen nd pipe born water is everywhr inside d house nd ur personal prepaid meter is in d front of ur apartment so dont ave any business with d rest of ur.neighbour
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by emmyid(m): 8:06pm On Apr 20, 2019
Iyajelili:
80k in Nasarawa? GRA fa?

No mind OP. 100k least Nasarawa GRA. I live here.
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by ismailibnbashir: 8:06pm On Apr 20, 2019
Am staying in kano naw more than 20yrs nd house rent there is freaking chap.d one dat am currently staying naw here at kastina road by hajj camp is 250k two bed rum flat kitchen nd pipe born water is everywhr inside d house nd ur personal prepaid meter is in d front of ur apartment so dont ave any business with d rest of ur.neighbour
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by godfrey01(m): 8:07pm On Apr 20, 2019
Timothy92:
Please i need work
Please if u can help me do it for the sake of God
I am in Lagos. 09034429201
Thanks and God bless
aa

I nor understand oh.. Same Lagos I am. Planning of going soon to search work, I keep seeing post of Lagosians looking for work..... Is it that no work in Lagos...
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by emmyid(m): 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
salbis:
Cost of houses around these places may be double or more when compared to Sabon gari. Namely; Badawa layout, Quarter guard /Ashton road, Panishau, Bompai and Nassarawa GRA, etc.

Yes O. U sabi Kano. I live at Badawa Layout before moving to Nasarawa GRA. Na 100k least for self con minus agent fee.
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by emmyid(m): 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
salbis:
Cost of houses around these places may be double or more when compared to Sabon gari. Namely; Badawa layout, Quarter guard /Ashton road, Panishau, Bompai and Nassarawa GRA, etc.

Yes O. U sabi Kano. I live at Badawa Layout before moving to Nasarawa GRA. Na 100k least for self con minus agent fee.
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by Iyajelili(f): 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2019
emmyid:

No mind OP. 100k least Nasarawa GRA. I live here.
I've learned not to believe everything I see or read online
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by emmyid(m): 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2019
NaMeAboki:

I agree, Nassarawa is the traditional G.R.A. and therefore prime section of Kano; the rent should accordingly be the highest'; can't imagine any flat going for 80k, maybe BQ, if you can get hold of one.

No 80k house in Nasarawa GRA biko. I live here.
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by brightology3: 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2019
am back again
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by ttmax09(m): 8:21pm On Apr 20, 2019
amokeme:

This is false... completely.
Especially for NYSC members, they will just contest the already congested sabon gari because of false informations like this
Pls explain to me why it is false and mind u i have been to kano
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by wifeesnatcher(m): 8:31pm On Apr 20, 2019
Seetto:

You are dick headed hallucinogenic fool dumb ass, you think you can come to a forum and open your maggot infested stinking piggy mouth and insult people, can't you air your opinion without adding insult,
north is not safe, and you guys will never desist in trooping to north to earn living, go to kano and Kaduna and see billions investment own by your Igbo's, like people from the west. Rubbish....

Who's trooping to North nitwit. What's the essence of this your cries because I was correcting the post I quoted earlier that's full of stereotype before you jump like loose monkey

I will insult the hell out of you next time you quote me when your mental provider is unavailable
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by bid4rich(m): 8:47pm On Apr 20, 2019
That hot city? The place wey I dey, dey drink pure water yet I no dey piss. Dem get road pass Lagos sha o and na nice city too.

But if you no hear Hausa, you are on your own oo
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by mariong(m): 9:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
emmyid:

No 80k house in Nasarawa GRA biko. I live here.
The thing weak me. Houses are not that cheap in Nassarawa.
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by amokeme(f): 10:11pm On Apr 20, 2019
ttmax09:
Pls explain to me why it is false and mind u i have been to kano
"You have been to"
I live there.. born there and I'm based there... family and everything. There are more places in kano that has large population of Christians other than sabon gari. This is common knowledge if you know kano well
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by BabaIbo: 10:30pm On Apr 20, 2019
gracefoundmme:

Confirmed!... you living in Kano too..

Am actually serving in Kano and I can say that too... that it's only in Sabon gari that rent is way expensive like mad!!!!

Are you a Corper?

No, I'm not living in Kano.

I served in Kano few years ago
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by BabaIbo: 10:36pm On Apr 20, 2019
salbis:

The only places above comparable to houses in Sabon gari is Nasarawa GRA and maybe Bompai estate/GRA. And most houses in Bompai GRA na full residential houses i.e you have to rent the full house, same with Nasarawa GRA. Forget about the rest...
No compare Badawa layout with Sabon gari. Badawa layout no reach joor.

P.S- When you're comparing them, make sure the houses are of the same standard. You can't compare a house in the heart of Nasarawa GRA with one house in one corner of Sabon gari. Houses in Sabon gari depends on the locality and environment
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by salbis(m): 11:11pm On Apr 20, 2019
BabaIbo:

The only places above comparable to houses in Sabon gari is Nasarawa GRA and maybe Bompai estate/GRA. And most houses in Bompai GRA na full residential houses i.e you have to rent the full house, same with Nasarawa GRA. Forget about the rest...
No compare Badawa layout with Sabon gari. Badawa layout no reach joor.

P.S- When you're comparing them, make sure the houses are of the same standard. You can't compare a house in the heart of Nasarawa GRA with one house in one corner of Sabon gari. Houses in Sabon gari depends on the locality and environment
The only place in sabon gari where you can think of comparing with those Places i mentioned is sarkin yaki and to extention Kwakwchi. Anyways, sometimes our judgement is based on opinion rather than facts. Understand this, 70-80% of houses in sabon gari are old houses, same can't be said of the places i mentioned, hence the high cost of rents in these areas. Your assertion on renting full house in Bompai and Nassarawa GRA is not totally true, as there are many houses that are self con. I was shown such houses when i was looking for an apartment of recent and i know the prices they were asking. Oga, confirm what people pay as rent in quarter guard/ Ashton road and Panisau starting from NCAA quarters downwards.
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by ttmax09(m): 11:12pm On Apr 20, 2019
amokeme:

"You have been to"
I live there.. born there and I'm based there... family and everything. There are more places in kano that has large population of Christians other than sabon gari. This is common knowledge if you know kano well
Wasn't aware of that. I stay at sabon gari anytime i visit. Pls mention another area with large population of christian, might wander a bit when next i visit.
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by cenaman(m): 12:52am On Apr 21, 2019
BabaIbo:

Confirm, you sabi kano
and sabon gari has the cheapest hotels in kano.
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by FunnyDude(m): 5:23am On Apr 21, 2019
Before going to Kano as a Southerner please read this
https://www.nairaland.com/4468202/all-southerners-should-avoid-kano
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by FunnyDude(m): 5:25am On Apr 21, 2019
What I'm about to write about KANO (KANAWA) and the Northern region generally is truth and the truth only!!!! So help me God.

I went to Kano shortly after my Nysc in 2018.

Below is my experience....

I'm a Muslim from South west of Nigeria. I have lived in Kano for a while, having lived most of my life in the city of Lagos, schooled 5years in EASTERN Nigeria , I said I should try a new region which is North and I went to Kano state.. Boom!! What I met in Kano was just like what Buhari promised us then before 2015 and what we have now.

KANO state is good and favourable for the core Northerner and I can said that again. Please don't risk your life for anything to live or visit Kanawa.
North generally kano or not ain't healthy, the almajiris are almost everywhere and their illiterate youths already have their eyes on you waiting for a riot to happen in their community then viola!! You are gone so soon.
If I as a muslim faithful can't live in such state I wonder how other people with religion denomination cope.
Below are some of my reasons why I dislike Kano(Northern region ) ;

1. The sun is HOT, so hot that you can melt if care is not taken. I bath 4 times a day, can you imagine?
Dust and granite everywhere due to lack of rainfall. Kano is a sahel region and as such has little rainfall. Heat and dust is much.

2. I'm a muslim born and breed up but I can't live with such people due to some personal security reasons.
Let me give some analogy :

The Hausawa see themselves as the best and perfect tribe on earth and as such they don't value any other person aside their tribesman. If you are Yoruba muslim, kogi muslim and you think you are one religion with Hausa's; my dear southern brother's and sister's any time there is little crisis you will be the first person to be killed and matchet even in the mosque while praying together with them. Imagine the scenario!

3. You won't be able to talk freely with the opposite sex just because of some sharia law. You only live once, and as such cannot live my life in such primitive way.

4. Average Hausa person is TRIBALISTIC . They don't like to patronize you in business or any other trade if they have their tribe doing that business, they prefer to patronize their kinsmen.

5. Things are not cheap as portrays. Forget it! Pure water cost #10 same as south. An orange is #10 or #20 same as south. I bought #200 suya and it was so small like heck. A dirty small room cost 26 to 30k
Note : This is not Sabon gari else it will have been costlier.

6. All eyes on you!! I can say that again, in anything you do they are watching you and accordingly looking for how to blame you especially the landlords in the regions.
Imagine your friend came visiting and she is a female, you know the rest.

7. Transportation is expensive in Kano just as Lagos. The South West state I served you can board a bus 50naira and go any length of the state but in Kano you can enter a marwa and you will pay 300naira more or less depends on the journey.
Please my southern people. Fear North Don't be caught...
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by BabaIbo: 8:00am On Apr 21, 2019
salbis:
The only place in sabon gari where you can think of comparing with those Places i mentioned is sarkin yaki and to extention Kwakwchi. Anyways, sometimes our judgement is based on opinion rather than facts. Understand this, 70-80% of houses in sabon gari are old houses, same can't be said of the places i mentioned, hence the high cost of rents in these areas. Your assertion on renting full house in Bompai and Nassarawa GRA is not totally true, as there are many houses that are self con. I was shown such houses when i was looking for an apartment of recent and i know the prices they were asking. Oga, confirm what people pay as rent in quarter guard/ Ashton road and Panisau starting from NCAA quarters downwards.

Do you know Sabon gari?
If you do, you won't say majority of the houses there are old houses.
No need of arguing with you because I know what I'm saying, the only standard house I saw in Bompai GRA that is comparable is that one that you will see if you enter through Indomie/Gas filling company, on your way to saint Louis catholic church, one milk/white coloured house, the rest are like boys quarters to the main houses but in Sabon gari, you will see full houses built mainly for rentage.
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant by Samabu07(m): 9:03am On Apr 21, 2019
Upton:
50,000 for flat? ? Abeg I fit dey stay Kano dey work for Lagos?
Had it been we have bullet trains that would have been easier.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BUY YOUR LAND//INVEST IN ILORIN, KWARA "STATE" OF HARMONY... / Please Kindly Advise This Young Lady / Renting A House? 5 Things To Consider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.