Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? (3793 Views)

Am I A Bad Friend? I Slept With My Friend’s Ex / My Sister, You Have Been Dating Him For 1 Year Plus & You Dont Know This / How Can Flavour Be Dating His Two Baby Mamas At The Same Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by Wilson125(m): 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2019
Evercurious:

My dear I m so sorry, but it ll take a miracle for you to retain either and both the friendship or relationship.

As per the friendship, it ll take 'extreme' maturity from your friend for that friendship to be retained
and the friendship is what i want most.. if our parents should get to find out, it will embarrassing
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2019
Also, henceforth you should learn how to handle emotions that are bound to happen. Emotions of anger, bitterness, feeling of betrayal and guilt from all of you involved in this drama. Brace up and prepare for the worst from him; which might be the feeling of betrayal and anger... Maybe a couple of fist exchange.. and violence(if he is a psycho)... Your gf might also feel a tiny bit guilty... Tiny bit cuz he treated her like trash. Infact, she's prolly yet to recover from the hurt.. My advice is not meant to make you feel justified of your actions oh because i know your own guilt is almost as big as Nigeria's problems right now.. One thing is constant though, LOVE. You love her, she loves you, you have both agreed to be together (FOREVER? Well only time can answer that one). No matter the advice you get from anyone, the love part cant be changed.

Because of his possible violent reaction, i suggest you explain all these to a mutual friend or someone you both look up to.. That's if you are going to meet him in person. SMS, WhatsApp would be better if you're the type that can communicate more effectively via text and if you feel discussing in person would bring guilt that will spoil your communication flow.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
Wilson125:
and the friendship is what i want most.. if our parents should get to find out, it will embarrassing

Ah.. This looks like a new twist to me..
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by Redoil: 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ebirra:
smiley
my kith and kin i hail you and also salute you
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by fahvourite(f): 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2019
and y cnt sum people just advice sumbody without raining insults on them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by Wilson125(m): 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
Kweensavvy:
Also, henceforth you should learn how to handle emotions that are bound to happen. Emotions of anger, bitterness, feeling of betrayal and guilt from all of you involved in this drama. Brace up and prepare for the worst from him; which might be the feeling of betrayal and anger... Maybe a couple of fist exchange.. and violence(if he is a psycho)... Your gf might also feel a tiny bit guilty... Tiny bit cuz he treated her like trash. Infact, she's prolly yet to recover from the hurt.. My advice is not meant to make you feel justified of your actions oh because i know your own guilt is almost as big as Nigeria's problems right now.. One thing is constant though, LOVE. You love her, she loves you, you have both agreed to be together (FOREVER? Well only time can answer that one). No matter the advice you get from anyone, the love part cant be changed.

Because of his possible violent reaction, i suggest you explain all these to a mutual friend or someone you both look up to.. That's if you are going to meet him in person. SMS, WhatsApp would be better if you're the type that can communicate more effectively via text and if you feel discussing in person would bring guilt that will spoil your communication flow.
hmm.. thanks a lot.. i know this friendship is gonna crash.. i mean everything will crash, relationship too.. cus i am actually hating maself n the girl right now..
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by Boss13: 5:35pm On Apr 21, 2019
Wilson125:
hmm.. thanks a lot.. i know this friendship is gonna crash.. i mean everything will crash, relationship too.. cus i am actually hating maself n the girl right now..

Yea you should feel horrible and even more for paying her tuition.
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by bogdaddy(m): 5:37pm On Apr 21, 2019
Can you do such ?

MiaB:
He had his chance

He lost it
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by Wilson125(m): 5:37pm On Apr 21, 2019
Kweensavvy:

Ah.. This looks like a new twist to me..
what i mean is if the friendship eventually ends and our parents gets to find out the reason, it will be embarrassing.. so many things i have realise.. can’t type all.. but this is a deep shit for me.. I honestly didn’t see this guy coming back to this relationship
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by Wilson125(m): 5:40pm On Apr 21, 2019
Boss13:

Yea you should feel horrible and even more for paying her tuition.
bro her tuition fee isn’t the problem now, i mean i can stop that even now.. but losing a friendship like this is the problem
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by lovelybugs(f): 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2019
Wilson125:
bro her tuition fee isn’t the problem now, i mean i can stop that even now.. but losing a friendship like this is the problem

The fact that you're more than ready to end a 3 years relationship says a lot about you.
Why did you even agree to date her? After 4 years you obviously don't love her.

If you really want to help her, instead of paying for her tuition get her a job. At least you'll stop spending money.
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by Wilson125(m): 5:57pm On Apr 21, 2019
lovelybugs:

The fact that you're more than ready to end a 3 years relationship says a lot about you.
Why did you even agree to date her? After 4 years you obviously don't love her.

If you really want to help her, instead of paying for her tuition get her a job. At least you'll stop spending money.
i can’t get her a job, i have no job for her..
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
Wilson125:

Something tells me you already made your choice. Well, you are right about the possibility of both crashing. Guys... Such a rational set of people. But you should know that ladies are emotional. Have you considered her too? Dumped by two friends?
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2019
Na wa this your case is really deep poo. You NEVER should have involved yourself. Now the poor girl will get hurt all over again. Why did she even decide to date you of all guys!!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by Wilson125(m): 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
Kweensavvy:

Something tells me you already made your choice. Well, you are right about the possibility of both crashing. Guys... Such a rational set of people. But you should know that ladies are emotional. Have you considered her too? Dumped by two friends?
i understand she’s gonna feel bad, but then things won’t go well after this whole saga.. i mean it’s either i will have to crash a 3yrs relationship to retain 20yrs friendship if i will ever have that option..
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by Alejob: 6:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
Bros there is no way you will win the two of them grin You need powerbank for your laptop and phone. Why don't you holla? I am the right person to talk to as far as powerbank for your laptop, Phones is concerned. See my signature below and recommend. Thanks
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by boiz2men(m): 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
Why do you all train women in school?

You have to obligations to your family?

What do you expect to get out of this training?

A certificate?
A degree?

It shall not.be well with u if you don't show equal responsibilities to your siblings and parents.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2019
20 years of friendship versus 3 years of relationship... Hmm this one hard. If you leave her, she might never go back to him again. In that case you'll be fine and your 20 yr old friendship, intact. If she goes back( i go fear her), then the possibility of losing both will be real.
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by piippa(m): 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
Talk to him about it. Tell him it all started when he gave you the go ahead that despite the fact that you acted as if you weren't interested but one thing led yo another and you people had sex and have been seeing each other since then but u just didn't know how to tell him but know that he's telling you he is in love with the girl you just have to tell him the Truth. Cook up something like that.
But how would you feel when you and this girl in question get married and your friend comes around and there is this Idea of this guy used to sex my wife....or your wife is hanging out with two friends that used to sleep with her. Do you know that feelings? I doubt. This are the mist likely things; you lose your friendship and continue with the girl, or the girl loses the both of you. As Long as one of you stick to the girl the friendship will be over

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by solz007(m): 8:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
His Like a Bro. Right??
You'll Never Find another Bro. like him but Love you always do! I'll advice you choose Bro. over a girl you Love! Bro. Code!

you shouldn't have dated your Friend's Ex. Nah not all Bro.'s are Cool with it.. I kinda feel you're dating the girl cause you're the one funding her education & she feels she owes U for the Favour..
Just Let your Nigga know what has been happening & if he isn't cool with it Break up with her to save your friendship! nah Advice sha Last Last Nah your Heart or your Head U go Follow!

I'll Never Choose A Girl Over A Bro.
No Beef Though
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by womenwholisten(f): 8:10pm On Apr 21, 2019
I think you should check yourself to be sure you're dating this girl because you truly love her not because you pity her or something. Secondly, think of whose friendship you can live without, your friend or your girlfriend, that will help you decide on your next action.
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by shege45: 8:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
derrydinny:
stop training women in school except the ones that are your sisters or the ones that need help with no strings attached
exactly, or let him not come here to complain about how much he soent on her education after she finally dumps him
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by shege45: 8:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
boiz2men:
Why do you all train women in school?

You have to obligations to your family?

What do you expect to get out of this training?

A certificate?
A degree?

It shall not.be well with u if you don't show equal responsibilities to your siblings and parents.
lol why u dey take am personal na
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by boiz2men(m): 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
shege45:
lol why u dey take am personal na

Guy.... E pain me... I am very confident e mama nor get wrapper... E siblings don tire to ask whereas one girl way dey fvck school bf dey chop this guy money scatter.
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by SaucyBenks(m): 8:25pm On Apr 21, 2019
MissRaine69:
Once she has been sufficiently trained she will leave you for your other friend and you will be back here lamenting on how wicked women are.
You negroes never learn!
What’s more important here brotherhood or vagina? You can’t have both.
I swear miss, I have been seeing all your non-sugar-coated comments on some threads n they are so real... I honestly would like to see what you look like...
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by rainmoredays: 8:26pm On Apr 21, 2019
If you believe this story, raise my hand
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 8:46pm On Apr 21, 2019
fahvourite:
and y cnt sum people just advice sumbody without raining insults on them?

Bcoz insult goes with the advice for the person to know he need to wake up.

You don't expect people to praise him when advising him
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by MissRaine69(f): 9:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
How would you feel if he did this to you? That should be your guide on how you are going to deal with this. You made a mistake, a very grave one. Both of you need to tell your friend as you are not an innocent party neither is she. You owe your friend the truth. He will find out which is worse.

The young lady should not have come in the middle of two friends and you should have valued 20 years of friendship. That said but what is done is done. Something has got to give. Your friend might forgive you but your relationship will lack trust. And the woman in the middle of all this, the woman. you now resent that creates issues for her too but it also also gives her a chance to learn a valuable lesson in life and relationships which is
Don’t come between friends.

Do what’s right. Tell your friend accept whatever he has to say, offer no defence, or justification for what happened. He has all the right to be angry at both of you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by Wilson125(m): 9:25pm On Apr 21, 2019
piippa:
Talk to him about it. Tell him it all started when he gave you the go ahead that despite the fact that you acted as if you weren't interested but one thing led yo another and you people had sex and have been seeing each other since then but u just didn't know how to tell him but know that he's telling you he is in love with the girl you just have to tell him the Truth. Cook up something like that.
But how would you feel when you and this girl in question get married and your friend comes around and there is this Idea of this guy used to sex my wife....or your wife is hanging out with two friends that used to sleep with her. Do you know that feelings? I doubt. This are the mist likely things; you lose your friendship and continue with the girl, or the girl loses the both of you. As Long as one of you stick to the girl the friendship will be over
thanks bro.. I really appreciate
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by Trizyd(m): 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
Loyalty before love...
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by wiseone28: 9:35pm On Apr 21, 2019
SaucyBenks:
I swear miss, I have been seeing all your non-sugar-coated comments on some threads n they are so real... I honestly would like to see what you look like...
You may be disappointed if u see her.

Ask yourself why ugly gals always have the best voice on phone.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend I Have Been Dating His Ex? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
derrydinny:
stop training women in school except the ones that are your sisters or the ones that need help with no strings attached

I'm telling you, this is the problem with guys. This how ladies put you in trouble and finally when you both kill yourselves she will marry someone else. I have read a lot of stories about how best friends betray each other, I can never bring anyone so close when it comes to relationship and money.

The most painful part is after you finally seeing her through school she will go back to your friend lol, first cut is the deepest bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Surprised Her With A Million Naira (pictures) / Sunday School Teacher Mistakenly Upload Her Nude Video On Church Whatsapp Group / True Love :brazilian Woman Kissing Her Trash Collector Boyfriend(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.