Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa (1651 Views)

Atiku: I Will Hand Over Power To A Young President / Atiku: I Don't Smoke, I Don't Drink, I Stopped Womanizing; I'm Romantic (Video) / Atiku: I Will NOT Take Six Months Before Naming My Cabinet, If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by EngrHumble(m): 7:41pm On Apr 21, 2019
Abubakar Atiku, the defeated presidential
candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party has
debunked notions that he was Cameroonian by
birth and thus not qualified to contest the
election of 23 February, 2019.

Atiku who was born in Jada in 1946, in present
day Adamawa state, but then part of Northern
Cameroon, said he was born by Nigerian parents
and therefore ‘a citizen of Nigeria by birth”.

According to his response to the All Progressives
Congress filing before the Presidential election
tribunal, Atiku said his father, Garba Atiku
Abdulkadir was a Nigerian by birth who hailed
from Wurmo in present day Sokoto State, while
the mother, Aisha Kande was also a Nigerian
who hailed from Dutse in present day Jigawa
State.

“The parents of the 1st Petitioner(Atiku) are both
Fulani, a community/tribe indigenous to Nigeria”,
his lawyers said..

“The birth of the 1st Petitioner in Jada, in present
day Adamawa State of Nigeria was occasioned
by the movement of his paternal grandfather
called Atiku who was an itinerant trader, from
Wurmo in present day Sokoto State to Jada in
the company of his friend, Ardo Usman.
“That in Jada, Atiku, the grandfather of the 1st
Petitioner gave birth to Garba who in tum gave
birth to the 1st Petitioner and named him after
his own father Atiku.

“The 1st Petitioner’s mother, Aisha Kande was
the grand-daughter of Inuwa Dutse who came to
Jada as an itinerant trader too from Dutse in
present day Jigawa State.

“That all averments concerning Germany, British
Cameroons, League of Nations and Plebiscite are
false and misleading in relation to the 1st
Petitioner and therefore completely irrelevant
more so that the 1st Petitioner is a Nigerian by
birth within the contemplation of the Constitution
of the Federal Republic ofNigeria, 1999 (as
amended).

“The averments in the aforesaid paragraphs are
indeed fabricated, contrived, made in bad faith
and designed to embarrass the 1st Petitioner.”
Abubakar said that the votes he secured in the
presidential election were not wasted votes, and
still claimed that he got more votes than
President Buhari.

To buttress his Nigerian citizenship, Atiku listed
his career path and political activities and the
awards and honours that he had received.
These included his being a civil servant in the
Nigerian Customs Service for over 20 years,
retiring as a Deputy Director; a politician for
about 30 years, who in 1992 contested the
Presidential Primaries under the platform of then
Social Democratic Party (SDP) alongside the late
Chief M.K.O Abiola and Ambassador Baba Gana
Kingibe.

He also mentioned his participation in the 1999
governorship election in Adamawa State in 1999,
which he won and the presidential elections of
1999 and 2003, which he won as running mate to
former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
Mentioned also was his being a recipient of the
National Honour of Grand Commander of the
Order of the Niger (GCON) and holder of the
traditional title holder of Turakin Adamawa from
1982 to 2017 when he was elevated to Wazirin
Adamawa.

“In 2007, the 1st Petitioner contested Presidential
election under the platform of Action Congress
(AC) and the 2nd Respondent contested under
the platform of the All Nigeria Peoples’ Party
(ANPP).

“In 2014, the 1st Petitioner and the 2nd
Respondent contested the Presidential Primaries
of the All Progressives Congress (APC), the 3rd
Respondent for the 2015 Presidential Elections”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/04/atiku-i-was-born-by-nigerian-parents-from-sokoto-jigawa/
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by EngrHumble(m): 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2019
Just observing
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by kayfra: 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
Atiku will have to prove this Cinderella story beyond a reasonable doubt with documented evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by Xisnin(m): 7:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
kayfra:
Atiku will have to prove this Cinderella story beyond a reasonable doubt with documented evidence.
That is silly. Even Buhari has no birth certificate.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by dante0147: 8:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
Buhari is a confused Fulani Milk drunkard !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:08pm On Apr 21, 2019
Atiku is more Nigerian than Buhari.
#fact#

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by Amuocha: 8:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
Great
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by kayfra: 8:52pm On Apr 21, 2019
Xisnin:

Do you think a court will accept verbal explanation?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by gidgiddy: 10:29pm On Apr 21, 2019
I kind of think that APC will be highly embarrassed by now.

Nnamdi Kanu was the first person to say that Atiku was was from Cameroon, and he said it to point out to ignorant Nigerians that referendum has been used in the history of Nigeria to decide who wants to be a Nigerian and who does not want to be a Nigerian.

The APC immediately latched on to this to go to court to disqualify Atiku from the presidential race

But the actual question here is not where Atiku was born, or if he comes from Cameroon. The question is if Atiku was a Nigerian "by birth".

With the revelation that Atikus grandparents are Nigerians, it means that Atiku was born Nigerian by birth

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:08pm On Apr 21, 2019
Xisnin:

Jubril the imposter from Sudan you mean?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2019
kayfra:

Do you think a court will accept verbal explanation?
But they'll always accept verbal certificate for buhari, sorry I mean jubril? Hypocrite! Biased!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by kayfra: 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
But they'll always accept verbal certificate for buhari, sorry I mean jubril? Hypocrite! Biased!
How about you operate in reality so you don't keep deluding yourself? Buhari presented his certificate, even though, having one is not required to run for office.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
dante0147:
Buhari is a confused Fulani Milk drunkard !
We need DNA to confirm he's real buhari if not, jubril we know.
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
kayfra:
How about you operate in reality so you don't keep deluding yourself? Buhari presented his certificate, even though, having one is not required to run for office.
Student of a confused lawyer will always be confused, what is the constitutional academic requirements for one's eligibility in contesting presidential election?

Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
kayfra:
You mean principal's written recommendation or what? When did he submit his certificate? Where? How? To who?
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by kayfra: 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Student of a confused lawyer will always be confused, what is the constitutional academic requirements for one's eligibility in contesting presidential election?
How about you read it yourself

1 Like

Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:29pm On Apr 21, 2019
kayfra:
How about you read it yourself
Since you don't know then mute up grin grin
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by kayfra: 11:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Since you don't know then mute up grin grin

I insist on schooling you. Read the attached part of our constitution

1 Like

Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
kayfra:

I insist on schooling you. Read the attached part of our constitution
Schooling your master through a borrowed script? Lol, get a life, what would serve as testimony of attaining o level or it's equivalent if not the certificate? What would you present as a qualification for employment into public service if not your certificate? Or are you trying to tell us that jubril became a public servant through the back door? Mr scholar
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by id911(m): 12:05am On Apr 22, 2019
His Excellency, President Atiku Abubakar shouldn't bother responding to this absurd accusation by the satanic party because APC wants to use it to waste time at the tribunal so he won't have adequate time left to call witnessess and convince the tribunal to be on his side. He should rather focus on the main thing , proving how Buhari stole the mandate freely given to us by majority of Nigerians so we can retrieve it.
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by kayfra: 12:21am On Apr 22, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Schooling your master through a borrowed script? Lol, get a life, what would serve as testimony of attaining o level or it's equivalent if not the certificate? What would you present as a qualification for employment into public service if not your certificate? Or are you trying to tell us that jubril became a public servant through the back door? Mr scholar

You can go trace Jubril in Sudan. As far as our constitution is concerned, Buhari is more than academically eligible. Argue with the framers of the constitution

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by FortuneDeGreat(m): 12:30am On Apr 22, 2019
kayfra:

You can go trace Jubril in Sudan. As far as our constitution is concerned, Buhari is more than academically eligible. Argue with the framers of the constitution
How many question marks did you see and left unattended? And you claim to be a scholar, simple questions you can't answer. angry angry
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by id911(m): 12:32am On Apr 22, 2019
kayfra:

Which constitution? The Nigerian constitution is a fraud. Buhari is not qualified to run for president. The only evidence you attended and completed school is your certificate. He should present his WASC. Don't tell me WAEC recently gave him one. So why did he refuse to present it? Him no say na Oluwole Certificate Waec Nigeria give am. Can you present an affidavit to an employer when looking for a job like what Buhari did?
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by 9jaArea: 12:32am On Apr 22, 2019
Just a well written story by his lawyers, if Atiku is called into the witness stand he will tell a different tale from well thought out script.

Press on but this too will come to an end in favour of Buhari.
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by fredoooooo: 12:33am On Apr 22, 2019
Oga no need for story just show ya bum bum grin grin
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by kayfra: 12:46am On Apr 22, 2019
id911:

Which constitution? The Nigerian constitution is a fraud. Buhari is not qualified to run for president. The only evidence you attended and completed school is your certificate. He should present his WASC. Don't tell me WAEC recently gave him one. So why did he refuse to present it? Him no say na Oluwole Certificate Waec Nigeria give am. Can you present an affidavit to an employer when looking for a job like what Buhari did?

School is not even required as far as INEC says so. Don't be emotional, just follow the constitution
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by kayfra: 12:48am On Apr 22, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
How many question marks did you see and left unattended? And you claim to be a scholar, simple questions you can't answer. angry angry

You want me to makeup for the gaps in your education with one post? I may be many things, but miracle worker isn't one of them grin
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by FortuneDeGreat(m): 12:54am On Apr 22, 2019
kayfra:

You want me to makeup for the gaps in your education with one post? I may be many things, but miracle worker isn't one of them grin
What is your name is a simple question just as simple for a fool like you to grasp but hell no, why? Utter gullibility undecided undecided
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by kayfra: 12:58am On Apr 22, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
What is your name is a simple question just as simple for a fool like you to grasp but hell no, why? Utter gullibility undecided undecided
You are also blind in addition to your stupidity?

Eya grin
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by shugabasbn: 1:09am On Apr 22, 2019
Atiku is from Wurno not only Gada or Goronyo. I think he should just keep quiet and let APC continue their barking instead of shouting himself more on scrotum
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by FortuneDeGreat(m): 1:23am On Apr 22, 2019
kayfra:
You are also blind in addition to your stupidity?

Eya grin
Leprous! Yes , biggest disease, foolishness and ignorance, I can't handle your case, try yaba left!
Re: Atiku: I Was Born By Nigerian Parents From Sokoto, Jigawa by kayfra: 1:24am On Apr 22, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Leprous! Yes , biggest disease, foolishness and ignorance, I can't handle your case, try yaba left!
Self diagnosis? How unfortunate. Another wasted youth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘Kim Jong Un’s Death Could Be Announced This Weekend’–North Korean Defector Says / How I Blew N38.8b Security Votes In Eight Years By Ex - Governor T. A Orji / Even In Revolution SW Failed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.