Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Battling Low Self Esteem - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Battling Low Self Esteem (417 Views)

Self-esteem / Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem / Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - The First - Episode 142/overcome Low Self Esteem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Battling Low Self Esteem by Darevofpeace(m): 6:20am On Apr 22, 2019
We all have a self esteem,it's either a low self esteem or an healthy one.
There is no human who is sitting on the fence as regards these.It's either you have positive vibe in you or negative ones.It could alternate sometimes though as mood swing.
After several years of an intensive study on this subject,I am going to list out what I did to win my low self esteem.

(1)Locate It Source

Everything in life has a source,things do not just happen in life pertaining to the law of cause and effect.
Having a low self esteem has it own causes,it could be from an early childhood experience's which seems not too good.It could range from a lost childhood dream,unrealized goal's and ambition.
We all as humans want something that would keep us moving in the journey of life. We want to set goal's,targets and meet all expected demands.
But as a result of many unprecedented factors of life, some of the dreams seems to be cut short.The only solution to these,is to have many targeted goals and ambitions.
We must all learn to set short and long term goals,a short time goal runs in an interval of six month's, while a long one is in a period of five years.
If we do not want to develop a low self esteem,we must set many goal's as possible and if one of it seems not easily achieved, we can go to the next while thinking about how to strategically make the previous one easy to achieve.
I will recommend a book written by my favourite author Brian Tracy titled 'Goal' this book gave me a winning edge on winning low self esteem.
Another cause of a low self esteem could be from verbal abuse by immediate family members while growing up.I would like to call the attention of all parents reading this to watch what they say to there kids while growing up.Words are very powerful and it either make a child or mar him/her.
We must need to correct all kids thou,but we should not destroy the positive vibes in them.Most kids are naturally optimistic about life, vibrant energy and positive mindset.
Continuous verbal abuse and physical punishment could harm the mind of such child.
If you had most verbal/physical abuse growing up as a child,by now you should be out of it and must have forgiven such people who were connected to it.
The fact remains raising kids requires real hardwork, but there is always a way to do things more better.What most 'naija' parents failed to realise is just that as soon as you start raising up your kids,the couple must get at least a book on 'child psychology' to boost the healthy self esteem of such child and to successfully raise such child up.

(2)No Human is Responsible For Your Personal Hapiness

All human have many similar trait in common,the quest for 'public acceptance' is one of it.
We all want to do things that would be well accepted by others even if such an action is morally wrong.
What I have discovered in life as a whole is that you do not need to make all and sundry to accept you.A man said "I do not know the cause of success,but a cause of failing is trying to please everybody"
If there is a need to cut of your head and put it on a tray, while trying to please everybody,most human would still demand for your whole body.If you do not want to loose your mind,learn to accept yourself and know your limitations.
Let people live up to there personal responsibilities in life,do not get caught up with 'Mother Theresa' bug by leaving your own personal responsibilities while helping others to achieve theirs.
You have a task to your creator by touching positively every human lives around you.Service to God and humanity should be your life philosophy.
Learn to do things that would make your conscience extremely peaceful."If you are so restless about any decision,it's overall consequences might be extremely painful"
Do not join the 'bandwagon' and do things generally accepted even thou it is morally corrupt.

(3)Develop a Personal Ideology About Life.

Life is all about you discovering your gifts, talents and potentials.
"To win in life has to do with the way you see yourself" if you do know who you are,you would know what to do to break even in life.The hardest battle field in life is 'The Mind'
"Any human who is going to be a World influencer must have done a great hardwork of the mind and heart connectivity''
After some years in life,with many of your experiences as a youth,you must not keep repeating an old mistake and be an outcast in life.
Every individuals must have concrete values,correct attitudes and solidified character. What can people say about your habits and natures?
One of my personal ideology about life are "every human would die someday,why must I try to please people to the detriment of my own personal hapiness"
Abraham Lincoln said 'Your resolution to be happy should be your utmost priority'

(4)Watch Your Association

The people you move with determines where ? and how you end up,the holy book noted that "show me your friend and I would tell you who you are" now in this (21st century) "show me your friend, I would tell you where you are going to end up in life"
There is a power of influence among peer group,it might be a very hard truth,but "a man's life can never be better more than the friends he keeps or move with"
Every human has the power to choose who should become his/her friend.If you observe,"bird's of a feather flocks together " no matter your age,we can still be influenced by our friends at any given time,
My point is just that your present location in life was as a result of the people you have chosen to spend your time with in the years past.
Any friendship not bringing any positive development to your life and destiny should be properly aborted.
"This life is too short to be wasted. If you want to make an indelible mark on this planet earth,you have to chart your own course and know what you got to do"
Let me tell you about the Eagle, they do not move together in flocks unlike other aves,the reason is that they are the most unique of all bird's. An Eagle move alone and chart it own course alone,am I saying you should live in isolation, not at all.
Since it is very evident that we need people around us, that is the more reason you and I must decide to do a correct and proper analysis of the people we have been moving with.
"Doing the same thing every time in the same way and expecting a different result is called insanity" every problem can never be solved at the same level it was created.
If you want your life to experience a 360 degree positive transformation, whenever you meet a new person and he/she has decide to be your friend, the first thing you have to ask your self is that are we going on the same route/journey.
Friendship is a choice, it must never be forced. If you fly with an eagle, you would learn to soar above the storms of life,a goat that moves with a dog for years would soon start to eat human waste,a word is enough for the Wise.
Always remember that your life can only improve only by the association you keep day in day out,you and I have just this one life to live, we are not coming back anymore.It must never be wasted ! Good morning.Originally written by Ayobami Joseph.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Reach Us For Your Academic And Corporate Writings / Love. Romance Thriller / Is Enugu Becoming A Book City?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.