Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,538 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? - Nairaland / General (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? (32385 Views)

What Tremendous Change Have You Experienced In Your Life Lately??? / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Omobada(m): 8:00am On Dec 05, 2020
ayandee:
painful! But during my time at the lawschool Abuja, some indigent collèagues came to the lecture hall with proof of their admission and people contributed. Try to reach out for help. You just never can tell
Thanks my bro
I can't just narrate every effort I made here. I tried alot sir. Infact I posted write up on nairaland twice seeking assistance yet I'm still where I was.
Thanks for your concern

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by lordally(m): 8:07am On Dec 05, 2020
Ajiswaggs:
Lolz...abi oo...he is even in my dm begging me to help me out now, though im doing my best even though it's not that easy and very stressful. Assuming he was not showing me attittude when i dey with his room, e for don gather knowledge from me. Now we are far from each other and i don't think he would be able to cope cuz even me sef i spent alot of time to master it on my own.

His loss dou... cos of babe in no mind if in guy sleep for street nawa oo...I no fit loose guard my guys cos of babe ooo cos when the babes leaves u tomorrow na your guys go dey for u...

I sent you a mail as regards the online stuff abeg... Make me self see money wey I go use travel out next year
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Mood11: 8:21am On Dec 05, 2020
SavageMaster:

Why didn't you send them all out of your house?
They over powered me.
I am a naturally gentle person. A giver and a soft person.

The rental expired and they were kicked out. I was told they sleep in a church now.

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Uziyl(m): 8:22am On Dec 05, 2020
ivumar:

I came across programming in 2017 while browsing through my phone on one of those idle days and I fell in love with what I saw but could not start programming then, because I could not afford a laptop.
Bro, we are in sync mode. Something relatively similar with mine. I've loved tech since childhood. I can fix any computer pc or desktop and I didn't learn from anywhere, can diagnose any OS software related issues. I started coding (python) 2016 but it's off and on. No good laptop to practice with, not until 2018 I bought one myself after all the hustle.
I have managed to learn python, javascript, kotlin and some java.
I'm also into mobile app dev with flutter (still learning) tho what I'm passionate to learning is A.I and Cloud computing.I suggest you stick to one programming language. Like the saying Jack of trade, Master of none. Learning all will only put you in a confused state. Jobs are available for any of the tech you pick but make sure you learn it very well before taking jobs. Most programmers we have are quacks. They rush to learning and end up doing shitty jobs for clients.
I'm currently practising android development with kotlin. Trying to work on my first project. A to-do list app.
I may start learning web dev any time soon, as that is where freelancing money is.
I have a crush on machine learning, but I'm yet to ask her out though wink wink
Why not learn React native(with JavaScript experience) or flutter so you can build cross platform apps for iOS and Android, instead of learning android development with Kotlin unless you intend to learn Swift for iOS. Learning flutter you only need one codebase to create android, iOS, web and even desktop app. You know technology is ever-changing we got to keep up with the trend to stay relevant.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by ayandee: 8:22am On Dec 05, 2020
Omobada:

Thanks my bro
I can't just narrate every effort I made here. I tried alot sir. Infact I posted write up on nairaland twice seeking assistance yet I'm still where I was.
Thanks for your concern
Law school is one of the best places to seek help or if your former classmates have a whatsapp group, you can leverage on that. Those are people that understand and can relate with your situation

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Iyajelili(f): 8:45am On Dec 05, 2020
Uziyl:

In similar situation. I understand you. Mine is, I'm tech savvy. I can hack, bypass and I know alot about computer stuffs (intermediate programmer). In fact I'm very intelligent not trying to hype myself. My friends do pester me to join the Yahoo thing but I don't have the mind. My conscience won't let me sleep. In fact, my childhood friend whom we used to hustle together is getting married soon. He has two houses and 2 cars already. All through this yahoo.

I just want to leave this environment and go back to complete my studies. In my finals. I know I'm better than this yahoo thing and can't stoop so low to scamming ppl of their hard earned money.

God help us that have good heart.
Bless you for been firm in your decision to be good. Please endeavour to jaapa after your service, don't waste your gift in this country.
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by femifezzy(m): 9:49am On Dec 05, 2020
bros!..plz,any help about earning money online
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by phelonrays: 10:16am On Dec 05, 2020
Zakarisammy:

Help a brother

https://www.nairaland.com/5223408/masturbation-quitting-challenge-thread/460#95522476

Go through the thread above, read as many comments as you can, follow suit be setting up for a challenge...

Firstly, do a Seven day challenge, 14 days, 30 days, 60 days and then 90..

When you get to Ninety, I bet you, Masturbation would forever be history in you life...

P:S. mentioned my moniker, when you are starting

Best of Luck...!
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 11:06am On Dec 05, 2020
googlepikins:
Battling depression since I was 13 years cos of family issues.

i didn't even know my worry is depression until recently 2015 when Buhari sank millions of people into my condition,

everyone started talking about depression that's when I started paying attention about mental health issues.

we share same story
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 11:09am On Dec 05, 2020
TerrorSquad147:
I regret ever starting in the first place, I thank God I've stopped it now, although the temptation do arise especially when I'm alone and idle.

I'm fighting mine now...
it's 5yrs now
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 05, 2020
Uziyl:

I can fix any computer pc or desktop and I didn't learn from anywhere, can diagnose any OS software related issues.
That's cool. This is an area I'm inadept at.

I suggest you stick to one programming language. Like the saying Jack of trade, Master of none. Learning all will only put you in a confused state. Jobs are available for any of the tech you pick but make sure you learn it very well before taking jobs. Most programmers we have are quacks. They rush to learning and end up doing shitty jobs for clients.
True.. What made me learn those languages was that I lacked direction as I lack a mentor.
I usually don't take programming languages that serious. What matters to mean is my problem solving ability. Programming languages are just a means to an end(solving actual problems), not an end in itself. It's good to master one though.

Why not learn React native(with JavaScript experience) or flutter so you can build cross platform apps for iOS and Android, instead of learning android development with Kotlin unless you intend to learn Swift for iOS. Learning flutter you only need one codebase to create android, iOS, web and even desktop app. You know technology is ever-changing we got to keep up with the trend to stay relevant.
Thanks for the suggestion bro.
I will eventually learn either of flutter or react native.
For now, I think I have invested a lot of time and resources in android dev with kotlin. I just want to build like 3 or 4 apps with it before moving on to one of those cross-platform technologies.
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 05, 2020
Thanos:

futa?
unizik
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by peropoliet(m): 11:57am On Dec 05, 2020
litigator:

Pm if you are in Lagos. We can help recover the money fraudsters took from your mum's account without her consent.
I stay in ogun state
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by TerrorSquad147: 12:32pm On Dec 05, 2020
kingsolomonjnr01:

I'm fighting mine now...
it's 5yrs now
it is well my brother, I know you'll conquer it soon. Mine lasted for 9years, even during that period I was having sex but I couldn't help it then. What you need is to always mingle with people and talk to the opposite sex more often, you'll see changes. Also pray and engage in things you love doing, I'll also put you in my prayers.

2 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Originakalokalo(m): 1:05pm On Dec 05, 2020
blazebaba:

No Mortal can see the gods with mere eyes..

Okay sir.

It is well with you.
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by treziMcCarthy: 1:16pm On Dec 05, 2020
ambosss:
Got married October 2019, wife died October 2020 (childbirth) cry cry cry
Family wahala
WHO AM I TO QUESTION GOD.
But I am strong again.
You are strong boss.
I pray for you
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by HolySpiritspeed(f): 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2020
Dharkcocoa:

Please all these investments gone wrong stuff, can y'all throw more light so others won't make the same mistakes
What I can tell you is, whenever you see a business deal that seems, TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, especially the ONES THE DEAL ANCHORS SEEM TOO DESPERATE TO GET YOUR MONEY then: RUN! RUN!! RUN!!! I learnt the hard way. I almost died.

Secondly, never invest hastily in any business even when pressured. Take your time, study the business and pray about it and when God direct you, stick to it. Avoid desperation while investing and safe yourself premium tears.

But all in all, I sincerely thank for my life, because I've come to the understanding that, maybe God allowed me to go down that drain to teach me THINGS! As in teach me things.
Because He (God) pulled me out more refined, both inside out, stronger, tougher, biggest and best. And I thank HIM for everything.
Because my brother what I learnt and have GAINED within that experience /period are SOLID GOLD.
I also experienced firsthand the truism in the saying, " what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

Finally, in this journey of life ehn, hold on to God tight and you will never be shamed. Talking from experience.
Bless you.

3 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by obamartins(m): 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2020
Bros! machine learning has been replaced with deep learning. First, it was Artificial intelligence, then machine learning replaced artificially intelligence now the buzz of the tech industry is Deep Learning. I wish you the best in your journey.
ivumar:

May God help us bro...

And wow, you into tech? thats cool.

One of my regrets is not coming across the I.T field earlier, partly due to the kind of environment I grew up in. No one talked about it here.
I came across programming in 2017 while browsing through my phone on one of those idle days and I fell in love with what I saw but could not start programming then, because I could not afford a laptop.
I saved up money in 2018 and I was finally able to buy one from my friend. Started learning html and some basic css, but all of a sudden, laptop started developing faults.
It was fault upon faults after then, so I could not really practice. I got admission same year to study comp sci. I was able to watch some part of david malan's cs50 course during the early months of 2019. I think that was when I actually started coding.
I resumed 100 level june, 2019. Things were tough, I was not able to concentrate on coding but all good though.
I have managed to learn python, javascript, kotlin and some java.
I'm currently practising android development with kotlin. Trying to work on my first project. A to-do list app.
I may start learning web dev any time soon, as that is where freelancing money is.
I have a crush on machine learning, but I'm yet to ask her out though wink wink.

You hack? I feel you bro.
At the bolded, I think we have more than a few things in common.
God no go shame us.

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by kingimmade: 5:39pm On Dec 05, 2020
OgaRico:

First thing first,sorry about the whole setback happenings around you ...

@OgaRico kindly reply m pm
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by kingimmade: 6:40pm On Dec 05, 2020
ecomalchemist:

It's never too late fam.

All you need do is earn daily while learning the trade you want to.

If you want to go into ecommerce, let me know so I can share some resources with you.

Alternatively, you need to learn about Facebook and Instagram ads if you want to make a ton shit of Money from the Nigerian Market.

m interested, sent u PM
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by OgaRico(m): 1:10am On Dec 06, 2020
kingimmade:

@OgaRico kindly reply m pm
I have sir
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 7:07am On Dec 06, 2020
TerrorSquad147:
it is well my brother, I know you'll conquer it soon. Mine lasted for 9years, even during that period I was having sex but I couldn't help it then. What you need is to always mingle with people and talk to the opposite sex more often, you'll see changes. Also pray and engage in things you love doing, I'll also put you in my prayers.

I appreciate bro.

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by illicit(m): 9:11am On Dec 06, 2020
ecomalchemist:

It's never too late fam.

All you need do is earn daily while learning the trade you want to.

If you want to go into ecommerce, let me know so I can share some resources with you.

Alternatively, you need to learn about Facebook and Instagram ads if you want to make a ton shit of Money from the Nigerian Market.

Can I reach u on WhatsApp
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 06, 2020
shey make i talk my own
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by ojonugway(m): 11:15am On Dec 06, 2020
I've had lot's of set back but as a natural fighter I fight to overturn the set backs.

My set backs...
1. Been born in a family of 10 with actually 5 graduates but none is working.

2. Lost dad in 2014, his death changed my life �

3. Academic delays, I sat for 3 o'level exam and 4 jamb exams before finally gaining admission

4. I lost my school fees to an online investment and I'm the verge of losing my admission but I'm not giving up....

Been a Nigerian at this point in time is the worst, if you can survive Nigeria, you can survive anywhere else...

God bless Nigeria �� and God bless us

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Proffesy: 1:55pm On Dec 06, 2020
molybdenum0012:

Hahaah.. I remember I did this too. My first attempt I used 100USD, after burning about 40USD, game my account to so called account manager. Those guys are terrible. Within 1 min, 60USD is burnt.

Never make the mistake of giving your account to any account managers. They are bunch of losers.
are you still into forex sir??
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by neurowale001(m): 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2020
This life no gree balance...

Born with a silver spoon, but now no spoon..

2009-Dad died..
2015-given admission for zoology in place of medicine
2017-started afresh into medicine after 2 years in zoology
Now currently a 300level medical student.. No scholarship grant

But things haven't been rosy at all cry :- cry . No sponsor.. No money for starting business..

All hopes on God

All hopes on God

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Aleboss(m): 2:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
Cashio:
baba before you start afresh, make sure you a means of income. Not only will that give you a means of survival through your next academic journey, it will also beomething to fall back on, Incase you finish school eventually and there is no job.
Thank you very much for the advice. I'll take it to heart
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by neurowale001(m): 2:41pm On Dec 06, 2020
Ajiswaggs:
Lolz...abi oo...he is even in my dm begging me to help me out now, though im doing my best even though it's not that easy and very stressful. Assuming he was not showing me attittude when i dey with his room, e for don gather knowledge from me. Now we are far from each other and i don't think he would be able to cope cuz even me sef i spent alot of time to master it on my own.
Do you care to share me knowledge??
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by molybdenum0012: 8:44pm On Dec 06, 2020
Proffesy:
are you still into forex sir??

Sure, I am still into it.
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Monben: 11:18am On Dec 07, 2020
I'm so sorry for your loss. You were right, he should have fought harder. But from what you wrote, his case might just be beyond the physical. He actually prepared for the death. Just try and forgive him. I have a feeling that if he wasn't a sickler, he would still have died at that age

UCHIHAmask:

you know,he was the eldest(25yrs),i already said he is not the type that gets acute sickle cell complications,he only gets slight fever or headache in like once in three years and when that happens he would still actively play games, press phone or chat with us,sometimes the fever goes away without him taking any drug,i was always susceptible to malaria,then he is there to give me drugs,he knows well about it because he is always on fruits,vitamins and supplements etc,now he gets the normal seasonal fever and headaches that comes to him but this time around he didn't buy drugs to treat himself,he even stop taking his vitamins,folics and supplements,my elder sister noticed his passive reactions and took it upon herself to buys the drugs for him,he agreed to take the drugs only to remove the tablets,pretend to take it while actually hiding them in his stacks...early morning the day he died(21/04/15) while i was travelling for work he gave me loads of cash,at the time of his death he called that my sister and told her "it was time",he said "they are here already to pick me and i would go with them",later he slept and never woke up...
although i didn't quite understand this then,he was weak physically so seeing his male siblings all built up(body building) with girls flocking around them(something he wouldn't easily get),not being physically strong,taking drugs,supplements and vitamins to survive,coupled with the glare or shun he might have faced in school after gaining admission that year....

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Monben: 11:20am On Dec 07, 2020
Can you send me a mail? gracejune33 @gmail .com. Kindly close the spaces in the email address. I don't know the rules here about dropping contacts

Kwara1stson:
am a sickler too how can u help me

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? / How To Hack Bank Account With BVN (bank Verification Number) In Nigeria / Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.