Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? - Nairaland / General (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? (32367 Views)

What Tremendous Change Have You Experienced In Your Life Lately??? / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Glowww(f): 12:20pm On Dec 07, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

How did they know your password ?? And the account the money entered should have been traced.

My dear, they don't need to know your password. It's just like when they steal people's ATM cards and use it to steal their money.
When I printed my account statement, I saw where the bank was requesting for authentication code which they sent to my phone in order to authorise the transactions. Since they are are with the phone, they will simply send the code to them and that's that.
On your question about tracing the account, I went to the bank and they said they can't trace it without police involment. I went to the police and they began making unnecessary monetary demands from me. I didn't have a dime on me then. I was going mad. I just put down a statement and left.
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
Glowww:

My dear, they don't need to know your password. It's just like when they steal people's ATM cards and use it to steal their money.
When I printed my account statement, I saw where the bank was requesting for authentication code which they sent to my phone in order to authorise the transactions. Since they are are with the phone, they will simply send the code to them and that's that.
On your question about tracing the account, I went to the bank and they said they can't trace it without police involment. I went to the police and they began making unnecessary monetary demands from me. I didn't have a dime on me then. I was going mad. I just put down a statement and left.

Chaiiii.. Sorry dear. You will come bigger

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by shesszi(m): 12:44pm On Dec 07, 2020
"in the game of life, it's a good idea to have some few early losses which might relieve you of trying to maintaine an undefeated season"
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by okewumi: 7:07pm On Dec 07, 2020
Invested in plantation farming, the result was zero. Partner with a friend in cow rearing, the result was zero. I was just thinking of having another source of income apart from salary.

This year January, expatriates travelled home and they could not come back because Nigeria is recording daily covid(audio). We were told to sit at home since march without pay.
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Dharkcocoa: 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2020
HolySpiritspeed:
What I can tell you is, whenever you see a business deal that seems, TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, especially the ONES THE DEAL ANCHORS SEEM TOO DESPERATE TO GET YOUR MONEY then: RUN! RUN!! RUN!!! I learnt the hard way. I almost died.

Secondly, never invest hastily in any business even when pressured. Take your time, study the business and pray about it and when God direct you, stick to it. Avoid desperation while investing and safe yourself premium tears.

But all in all, I sincerely thank for my life, because I've come to the understanding that, maybe God allowed me to go down that drain to teach me THINGS! As in teach me things.
Because He (God) pulled me out more refined, both inside out, stronger, tougher, biggest and best. And I thank HIM for everything.
Because my brother what I learnt and have GAINED within that experience /period are SOLID GOLD.
I also experienced firsthand the truism in the saying, " what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

Finally, in this journey of life ehn, hold on to God tight and you will never be shamed. Talking from experience.
Bless you.

Well said ma. Thank you for the advice. Earlier this year i lost my money to a ponzi scheme on facebook. I was depressed for months, thankfully i've learned my lessons. I thank God for the experience because it was when i was broke i had the time to read financial books. First book i read was rich dad poor dad, and since then my life hasn't remained the same.

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by UCHIHAmask: 8:26pm On Dec 08, 2020
Monben:
I'm so sorry for your loss. You were right, he should have fought harder. But from what you wrote, his case might just be beyond the physical. He actually prepared for the death. Just try and forgive him. I have a feeling that if he wasn't a sickler, he would still have died at that age

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by ymstar(m): 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2020
oyalunasamuel:

When you delete an item from your computer any device it doesn’t entirely go away. It’s sticks somewhere you just have to find it from behind. Even WhatsApp has a database where all informations are stored periodically. All you need to do is access the DB files and restore it. Delete the app download it again and restore the messages. That’s all.
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by studentofTruth: 11:33pm On Dec 09, 2020
JIREN01:
studentofTruth, your view about tithes?

It's good to give, but who do you give?

Those flying jets or those in need of food?

Even Christ Himself said, "When I was HUNGRY, you feed me, and when I was WITHOUT CLOTHES, you clothed me." Now, enter the home of my father. "For whatever you do to any of these, you do unto me." (Cf Mtt 25: 35-46)

He never said when I was riding the donkey, you spread your clothes on the floor for me; therefore, enter my father's house.

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by trevorhorace(m): 10:00am On Dec 20, 2020
Sysdatek:

Okay. PM. Let me give you some valuable push and info

Hello sir, sent you a pm but didn't get a feedback, I'd appreciate whatever info you're trying to pass across. Resending the pm . Thanks.
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by afoobiggy700(m): 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2021
obamartins:

Bros! machine learning has been replaced with deep learning. First, it was Artificial intelligence, then machine learning replaced artificially intelligence now the buzz of the tech industry is Deep Learning. I wish you the best in your journey.
Good evening Bro. Please I will like to discuss some things with you. Can I send a PM?
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Proffesy: 1:53am On Jan 18, 2021
molybdenum0012:

Sure, I am still into it.

Mind we relate outside nairaland??
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Kilishihunter: 4:54am On Feb 01, 2021
Life Smh
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Tbilly(m): 4:48pm On Feb 12, 2022
SavageMaster:

I lost a couple of millions (Naira) to Forex trading. It was an addiction.

Even the so-called "Account managers" "managed" accounts I gave them down to zero.

I almost committed suicide during that period.
It's by God's grace and mercy I pulled through.

Pls how did u survive..I need answer, thinking of sucide
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Tbilly(m): 5:08pm On Feb 12, 2022
Ajiswaggs:
4 years ago, I was into online business(Ponzi,MLM and so on). I was making gains from it not until greed set in that i decided to use all my savings both in Naira and bitcoin to invest in MMM which is close to 4Million. Two days to get help from MMM na so them Crash. I nearly commit sucide. I got depressed and was feeling ashamed to relate with people again. I had to use the last 150k in my account to process admission in one northern school for my HND program.

Finally, i later enter North to continue my program but the sufferness for there na part two inside very hot sun. Na trek i dey trek from my logde to school inside very hot sun everyday. I drink garri sotey my eyeball don deep inside. Everyone was complaining if i get sickness or something but them no know wetin i dey pass through. After 1year in my lodge, i was not able to renew the money after my rent expired, i beg my landlord to give me little time for me to travel back south and hustle, then i will travel the money to him (30k) but he refused. He locked my room with all my documents one week close to my first semester exam (Final year). I beg and beg before he reopen the room and he said he gave me 4days to provide payment even though na steal i go steal. He utter one statement which made have had Hatred for NUPE tribe till today, he said even if God come down from heaven he no go reopen that room if he no get the money within 4 days. To cut the long story short, i sneaked out from that compound with all my properties in the midnight to scot with a friend close to school area.

I really appreciate my friend for accepting and saving me for that moment. But my guy later Bleep up sha. Though i told him i will only scot with him for the remaining 2½ Weeks to complete our exam. So by next session i will get my own apartment again. Within 3days of staying with him, my guy don dey give me attitude, complaining of this and that, telling me his gf wan come spend days with him and all that. Funniest thing is he won't discuss this to me if we are in the room together, after he went out, he will dropping whatsapp messages to me complaining this and that. I suffer sotey i work in pure water factory for a whole night just to get paid of 200 naira.

During the vacation period, i came back to south to hustle. I went back to my online hustle then started hustling day and night, luckily for me my hustle started paying off gradually, I was able to raise 150k+ plus before resuming next session, i rented a self contain apartment and full electronics inside cuz the last user is get to pack his properties, throughout my second semester i no trek or eat useless food, i was enjoying my online biz, my class attendance was not frequent cuz all the lecture sef na scam...i dey use that time to hustle online in my room. My best Music then is Uyo Meyo by Teni. I just they play am every minute. The music was just giving me Motivation to strive harder.

Glory be to God for lifting me back to feet again, Made over 5million within the space of 1year, bought lands for myself and my elder bro, Clear my mom debts, Gave my dad, mom, bro and sis some cash to invest in there business, and i also continue saving any little thing i earn online. Thank God for making me a millionaire at my young age. And i pray for all of you struggling out there, you will all be favoured in Jesus name.

Last 4years i was depressed, sad, mocked by friends behind me cuz i no get cloths, but today God has provided everything for me in excess. Most of them begging me to help them. Glory be God, can't thank you enough.

Bro... I need help ... I want to learn the online business , debt and humiliation wan kill me
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Reeoman: 2:39am On Nov 30, 2022
Reeoman:
my major set back was back in my 300lvl, battling depression from a very young age cause i am always faulted for everythng that happens around me so i grew with the believe i can never do anything right or make the right decision by myself bt mehn in 300lvl d depression it the peek and affect my studies and unfortunately the suicide attempt landed me in unilorin teaching hospital that year which made me miss almost half of my 1st semester exam. well it led to an extra year sha and then coro and ASUU spoil d whole thing... bt to god b d glory an outsider picked me up and teach me work as a barber and to God b d glory i already own a shop of mine today,..

Fast forward to 2 years after writing this �
It has been stressful and very frustrating, shop was burgled and almost everything that has little value was carted away
Clippers
Tv
PS3
Mirrors
Set of chairs

God it was heartbreaking,
Life never remain the same, went for NYSC 2021, Served in a village called IBIADE, just not so far from IJEBU ODE.
during NYSC started learning programming , saved up the allowee to get a laptop, second month of buying laptop, was robbed in d night.
Back to square one, got into betting to make quick cash but the result is far worse, it is highly terrible..

Someone help me out.
I need all the help I can get rn
Are you willing to teach me online business?
Are you willing to tesch me programming??

Please you can lemme know please .

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Judith Alaka Missing Since Monday (pics) / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? / How To Hack Bank Account With BVN (bank Verification Number) In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.