Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? - Nairaland / General (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? (32329 Views)

What Tremendous Change Have You Experienced In Your Life Lately??? / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by naxyrick: 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2020
family problem rose in 2007 ,parents decided to go parts ways,we were 5 children and my father decided not to train us ,even to feed us saying that he will fustrate us until we become mad,life was unbearable Then i engage in working had job to feed,2013 my elder sibling decided to send me to university with The little money we can raise,it affected my performance and dad derives joy in it.march4 20
19 i Lost my elder Bro(The vaccum still remain)i wont ever forget that Day till i die ,never finish education,hustling and praying to change The story

4 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Nktessy(f): 8:06pm On Dec 04, 2020
Mine is been born into a family where everyone is on ur own. No help from anywhere. Still struggling even after graduation

2 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by ike95: 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2020
knowing about bet9ja and playing it with all my financial in life, is my worst regret so far.
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by alexola20(m): 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2020
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Zakarisammy(m): 8:19pm On Dec 04, 2020
phelonrays:
shocked

Masturbation , this demon was a witch that held me bound for years...!

Not physical neither was it spiritual, but my subconscious mind wouldn't let me rest when ever this demon got a field day in me..... cry cry

But I'm clearly a testimony now.... kiss kiss kiss

Help a brother
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by blazebaba(m): 8:22pm On Dec 04, 2020
seyicodes:
the god must be mad.

Young man mind your speech.. You will not say any filthywords againsts the gods..
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by adedehinbo(m): 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2020
StPete:

This your story was almost similar to mine but God had a hand and turned my fortunes around...

I gained admission

Dad had stroke

Dad lost his job

I got scholarships

I finished from school

Family went bankrupt treating dad up to the point he had to sell one of his houses

I eventually got a good job

Dad died

Life goes on
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by adedehinbo(m): 8:29pm On Dec 04, 2020
codeSavant:
December 2017 just a few weeks to Christmas I lost all of my birds (200 layers and 100 broilers). It was an extremely sad event.
what went wrong?lasota or gumboro failure?
My own set back was when I lost a job due to covid pandemic,had to use the little amount I sAved to get 100docs of broilers,I couldn't fund their feeding,I became smuggler around the border area just to feed my birds,but thank God Christmas is around the corner,can't wait to start something else,too hard and risky
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Parrot173(m): 8:32pm On Dec 04, 2020
Francisayo:
As things currently are I'm living every day of my life with hope

2011 I gained admission

2012 Lost my dad to stroke

2013 govt claimed dad's farm that we are using to finance my education and my siblings

2014 was disallowed to write a whole full semester exam due to non-ability to pay school fees

2015 Didn't graduate, got an extra year

2016 hustle for money to finish school

2017 Graduated with a third class

2018 Went for nysc, after camp I had a life-threatening sickness that nearly took away my life

2019 mum have diabetes

2020 Still hustling for a job to feed mum and siblings

Things have been so rough for me, still holing to find a destiny helper someday
me
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by harlee(m): 8:32pm On Dec 04, 2020
Hi,2014 after my ond program I wanted to further in the university, my step bro call that I com and school in uniabuja,that he'll arrange the entire admission process, first mistake, I resigned from work before admission clicked,unfortunately i wasn't given admission, suffered hard after a few months doing menial jobs BT getting a decent job though with low pay,then another setback,I tried running a business with a friend in Ghana, lost a bunch even in debt,and jobless...this life no balance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Julius209(m): 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2020
iboboyswag:

This is good... Now push it a step further by uploading a sample design advertising your services, still on the signature, such that whenever you make a comment, it must come up.

It would show prospective clients the quality of your work whilst advertising your service.

Fiverr and upwork are also platforms you can try out.
Thanks so much for this bro

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Parrot173(m): 8:35pm On Dec 04, 2020
ivumar:
My own setback is having a soft heart o...

Because if I have the mind that guys out here in the street have, I will not be broke and frustrated with my life right now.
Most of the guys I grew up with are into internet fraud(yahoo boys).
From what I see, they are happy. They can afford things they want.
They have been on my neck since April to come and join them in their hustle, as I am their Gee and they want me to have money(that's what they do say). They even offered to take care of my feeding, take care of me, that I should just go over and stay with them to learn their craft..... But meehhn, my mind no just carry the thing. I mean,,, I can't stand causing harm or sadness to another person because I want to make money. I don't know how they manage to do that but I wish I could too.
For this reason my guys are all unhappy with me, so I have been living in seclusion but anyway...

I just need to leave this environment fast. It's not an environment I can stay and be focused on my career. ASUU will soon call off strike though

P.m me for having faith in God he wouldn't let you down pls message me

2 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Iyajelili(f): 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
rawe45:

This reminded me of when one pastor said Holy Spirit said he should collect my two phones and sandal so doors can be opened. I dropped them o but I rushed back the following morning to collect them with strong face.

grin grin grin
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Candycrushy(f): 8:41pm On Dec 04, 2020
Hotzone:
Retrenchment from oil company in the year 2003 and breaking up with my fiancé
So sorry dear
It'll surely be alright
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 04, 2020
Candycrushy:
So sorry dear It'll surely be alright
Na only this one u see abi(◔‿◔)(◔‿◔)(◔‿◔)
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by seyicodes(m): 8:51pm On Dec 04, 2020
blazebaba:

Young man mind your speech..
You will not say any filthywords againsts the gods..
grin grin grin the gods are mad again

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Rolexjerry(m): 9:06pm On Dec 04, 2020
vickydevoka:
Let me help him. Most ladies can't stay with a jobless man
Hmmm. That's so unfair to the man na.
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by adedehinbo(m): 9:08pm On Dec 04, 2020
Komu1048:

Bros same happen to me this year, it was my mum that cconsole me. I have being raising broilers for 10 wks now. 100 broilers, they are all doing well. I didn't loose anyone till the are already 10 wks old. I don over happy they count my ROI. Bag of feed cost.... Turn 5k per bag e no even shake me. After all na consumer go bear am. Two weeks ago, they began to die, bros right now. It remain only one. The death no even pain me reach the way I was running helter-skelter, use my remaining money to be buying vaccine (I don sabi all the vaccine for this world within 2wks. Now, rent is due this month, introduction is schedule for early Jan. I cried my heart out, this life tire me no be small bros

Bro how are you able to bounce back
what went wrong?lasota or gumboro failure?
My own set back was when I lost a job due to covid pandemic,had to use the little amount I sAved to get 100docs of broilers,I couldn't fund their feeding,I became smuggler around the border area just to feed my birds,but thank God Christmas is around the corner,can't wait to start something else,too hard and risky and hope it wasn't heat that killed them?
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Olatara(f): 9:11pm On Dec 04, 2020
PMPSolutions:
I got a contract in Lagos from a company to train their technical staff on how to build power inverters from scratch! The training was to commence in April and the contract was huge (running into millions of naira).

Then COVID struck, the CEO of the company died in August. Na so arrangement take scatter!

But in all, i thank God for life!
Mine was a bit similar to yours.
Since 2018, I have been looking for a job in a very big Schools, despite the recommendations I wasn't called.
This year (March) reapply, they called me, I did interviews and test, I was ask to resume 4th of April, lol and behold Corona came.
But, during the lockdown, they called me to do online lesson note for them, I did (I thought I did for free) and I was paid.
They asked me to resume January.

3 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by blazebaba(m): 9:30pm On Dec 04, 2020
seyicodes:
grin grin grin the gods are mad again

"Hmm...i see"....
*clears throat*...

"Young man,you have defile the gods of this land by saying filthy things against them and also bending there rules..
Therefore you shall be punished by the laws guiding this land"...

*In HULK voice...MODS....*
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by vickydevoka(m): 9:32pm On Dec 04, 2020
Rolexjerry:

Hmmm. That's so unfair to the man na.
Dats how life is.

I knw if a man who is AA billionaire now buh refuse to Marry. After telling me wat his fiancee did to him wen he lost his job I didn't blame him.
Now he is 45 unmarried n de fiancee is 41 n unmarried.

Though he has a child. He said he can never love a woman even if he gets married to any out of pressure she will suffer, n he doesn't want to suffer any body's child so he chose to remain unmarried

1 Like

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Zammy123(m): 9:39pm On Dec 04, 2020
Money - In december 2018, my bitcoin account was hacked and I lost both gain and customer's money
I later got his bank details but havent caught him till today. I nearly ran mad!!! Took me months to recover

Love - I lost a very good girl this same 2018 all because of my bad experience in my past relationships
I regret treating you bad ikeoluwa rachel!

Lesson learnt - Never track anything in Nigeria, its not worth it!
Never take a caring lady for granted , you might not get another chance!

5 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by juman(m): 9:47pm On Dec 04, 2020
Greatest set back was I was born in nigeria.

The country ruined mainly by generals.
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Kateykate(f): 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2020
Remember Proverbs 1:10. "My son, if sinners entice you, consent thou not"
ivumar:

Because if I have the mind that guys out here in the street have, I will not be broke and frustrated with my life right now.
They have been on my neck since April to come and join them in their hustle, as I am their Gee and they want me to have money(that's what they do say). They even offered to take care of my feeding, take care of me, that I should just go over and stay with them to learn their craft..... But meehhn, my mind no just carry the thing. I mean,,, I can't stand causing harm or sadness to another person because I want to make money. I don't know how they manage to do that but I wish I could too.
For this reason my guys are all unhappy with me, so I have been living in seclusion but anyway...

I just need to leave this environment fast. It's not an environment I can stay and be focused on my career. ASUU will soon call off strike though

2 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Thanos(m): 9:59pm On Dec 04, 2020
Paxxcarl:
my dad was the sole breadwinner of the family
i lost him after my 200 lvl
almost quitted school
had to squat for the remainder of my undergraduate days
futa?
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Nasty22(m): 10:01pm On Dec 04, 2020
Ajiswaggs:
4 years ago, I was into online business(Ponzi,MLM and so on). I was making gains from it not until greed set in that i decided to use all my savings both in Naira and bitcoin to invest in MMM which is close to 4Million. Two days to get help from MMM na so them Crash. I nearly commit sucide. I got depressed and was feeling ashamed to relate with people again. I had to use the last 150k in my account to process admission in one northern school for my HND program.

Finally, i later enter North to continue my program but the sufferness for there na part two inside very hot sun. Na trek i dey trek from my logde to school inside very hot sun everyday. I drink garri sotey my eyeball don deep inside. Everyone was complaining if i get sickness or something but them no know wetin i dey pass through. After 1year in my lodge, i was not able to renew the money after my rent expired, i beg my landlord to give me little time for me to travel back south and hustle, then i will travel the money to him (30k) but he refused. He locked my room with all my documents one week close to my first semester exam (Final year). I beg and beg before he reopen the room and he said he gave me 4days to provide payment even though na steal i go steal. He utter one statement which made have had Hatred for NUPE tribe till today, he said even if God come down from heaven he no go reopen that room if he no get the money within 4 days. To cut the long story short, i sneaked out from that compound with all my properties in the midnight to scot with a friend close to school area.

I really appreciate my friend for accepting and saving me for that moment. But my guy later Bleep up sha. Though i told him i will only scot with him for the remaining 2½ Weeks to complete our exam. So by next session i will get my own apartment again. Within 3days of staying with him, my guy don dey give me attitude, complaining of this and that, telling me his gf wan come spend days with him and all that. Funniest thing is he won't discuss this to me if we are in the room together, after he went out, he will dropping whatsapp messages to me complaining this and that. I suffer sotey i work in pure water factory for a whole night just to get paid of 200 naira.

During the vacation period, i came back to south to hustle. I went back to my online hustle then started hustling day and night, luckily for me my hustle started paying off gradually, I was able to raise 150k+ plus before resuming next session, i rented a self contain apartment and full electronics inside cuz the last user is get to pack his properties, throughout my second semester i no trek or eat useless food, i was enjoying my online biz, my class attendance was not frequent cuz all the lecture sef na scam...i dey use that time to hustle online in my room. My best Music then is Uyo Meyo by Teni. I just they play am every minute. The music was just giving me Motivation to strive harder.

Glory be to God for lifting me back to feet again, Made over 5million within the space of 1year, bought lands for myself and my elder bro, Clear my mom debts, Gave my dad, mom, bro and sis some cash to invest in there business, and i also continue saving any little thing i earn online. Thank God for making me a millionaire at my young age. And i pray for all of you struggling out there, you will all be favoured in Jesus name.

Last 4years i was depressed, sad, mocked by friends behind me cuz i no get cloths, but today God has provided everything for me in excess. Most of them begging me to help them. Glory be God, can't thank you enough.
I can relate with this story... God continue to bless and increase you bro
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Uziyl(m): 10:05pm On Dec 04, 2020
ivumar:

In similar situation. I understand you. Mine is, I'm tech savvy. I can hack, bypass and I know alot about computer stuffs (intermediate programmer). In fact I'm very intelligent not trying to hype myself. My friends do pester me to join the Yahoo thing but I don't have the mind. My conscience won't let me sleep. In fact, my childhood friend whom we used to hustle together is getting married soon. He has two houses and 2 cars already. All through this yahoo.

I just want to leave this environment and go back to complete my studies. In my finals. I know I'm better than this yahoo thing and can't stoop so low to scamming ppl of their hard earned money.

God help us that have good heart.

7 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by oyetpel(m): 10:06pm On Dec 04, 2020
Ajiswaggs:
Lolz...abi oo...he is even in my dm begging me to help me out now, though im doing my best even though it's not that easy and very stressful. Assuming he was not showing me attittude when i dey with his room, e for don gather knowledge from me. Now we are far from each other and i don't think he would be able to cope cuz even me sef i spent alot of time to master it on my own.

You better be grateful to him in some kind of way.

If he didn't show you attitude you will be relaxed and you won't hustle more, his attitude pushed you to hustle more.

2 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Lyno8726: 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2020
It is well
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Ajiswaggs(m): 10:13pm On Dec 04, 2020
oyetpel:

You better be grateful to him in some kind of way.

If he didn't show you attitude you will be relaxed and you won't hustle more, his attitude pushed you to hustle more.
You are right bro...reason why i no snub am too cuz if he didn't accept me that moment, my life may be worst as at this moment cuz those Nupe guys really mean me then, they dont want me to write exam unless they collect there money, I'm still always grateful and appreciate him anytime we Jam.

2 Likes

Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Ajiswaggs(m): 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2020
Nasty22:

I can relate with this story... God continue to bless and increase you bro
Amen and you too
Re: What Major Set Back Have You Ever Experienced In Life? by Nreebge: 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2020
litigator:

Pm if you are in Lagos. We can help recover the money fraudsters took from your mum's account without her consent.

What if you were scammed because i foolishly, greedily transferred my money to scammers. Still bearing the loss of my money and my banks are not doing anything about it. My wife doesn't know about it because she warned me but somehow she was aware because of my reactions to little things. Finally i play her mind off such !

Urgent reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Amazing Facts Of Life You Should Read! / Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. / What Is That Thing That Everybody Is Doing That You Consider Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.