Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Globacom Staff Resignation Mail - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Globacom Staff Resignation Mail (28379 Views)

Drama In The Office As I Tender My Resignation After Getting A New Job. / Job Resignation. .. / Check Out This Resignation Letter (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by slap1(m): 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2010
Kudos to the guy. He has sacrificed his job to improve the work conditions of his ex-colleagues. A few feathers will be ruffled, a change will surely be effected, however infinitesimal. Why would people blame the guy for going public? How else do you fight corruption? By sitting on it? Let the guy be. I wish he gets a better job.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Carlosein(m): 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2010
i think he just made a grave mistake.

he may be right about his issues, but he needs to show first that all other avenues of addressing them have failed.

if he wanted to resign, he should have left without the epistle. shikena.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by vickbrand: 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2010
i have always been a passive member of this site. Reading threads without commenting but i have decided to log in and comment on this one. I was expecting to see a scanned copy of this resignation letter. or a trail of the mail. Is this just a thread that was posted to attract comments or someone on cheap drugs who is seeing the obvious progress of the service provider as the only provider who is able to compete and break the monopoly of MTN in the GSM market. Face it guys Glo has the best Blackberry services and the best call rates in the GSM market. Besides what do you expect from your boss? if he doesn't put enough pressure on you you will not deliver fantastic results. i don't want to believe the pay packet rap because i am i the telecoms industry and i have friends who work in glo. Never heard of the 50-50 sh*t. He and the poster are jokers
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Carlosein(m): 7:11pm On Sep 17, 2010
^^^now the story unfolds.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by nkilirox(f): 7:12pm On Sep 17, 2010
I wonder if this guy ever brought up his issues with the HR department with documentation. If he did, was there no action taken by HR? Did he follow due process in place at Glo to address his issues or was he just suffering and smiling? Seeing he didn't mention ever complaining about his work conditions before, I am inclined to believe he did not and is complaining now when it's too late for him.

All these people he copied on the email are probably sunning on the French Riviera and could give a rat's ass about his rants, rants don't change nothing. He has given away his job and probably hasn't effected any change.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by WindFire1: 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2010
vickbrand:

i have always been a passive member of this site. Reading threads without commenting but i have decided to log in and comment on this one. I was expecting to see a scanned copy of this resignation letter. or a trail of the mail. Is this just a thread that was posted to attract comments or someone on cheap drugs who is seeing the obvious progress of the service provider as the only provider who is able to compete and break the monopoly of MTN in the GSM market. Face it guys Glo has the best Blackberry services and the best call rates in the GSM market. Besides what do you expect from your boss? if he doesn't put enough pressure on you you will not deliver fantastic results. i don't want to believe the pay packet rap because i am i the telecoms industry and i have friends who work in glo. Never heard of the 50-50 excreta. He and the poster are jokers

@Vickbrand, thanks for exhibiting your ignorance so glaringly. I wonder if any of your so-called 'friends' in Glo work in the Sales Dept. Try finding out b/f posting poo.

And about seeing trail of the mail? Sorry guy, I'm not stupid enough to release that. It would implicate a lot of people. Use your No.6 my guy
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by JUO(m): 7:21pm On Sep 17, 2010
what a topic. where is the resignation mail or letter?
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 17, 2010
most of us who are actually working regularly hear enough horror stories about glo

that place is NOT a professional organization

any company where you have to wait until 12 midnight to meet the md on your last interview . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

vickbrand:

i have always been a passive member of this site. Reading threads without commenting but i have decided to log in and comment on this one. I was expecting to see a scanned copy of this resignation letter. or a trail of the mail. Is this just a thread that was posted to attract comments or someone on cheap drugs who is seeing the obvious progress of the service provider as the only provider who is able to compete and break the monopoly of MTN in the GSM market. Face it guys Glo has the best Blackberry services and the best call rates in the GSM market. Besides what do you expect from your boss? if he doesn't put enough pressure on you you will not deliver fantastic results. i don't want to believe the pay packet rap because i am i the telecoms industry and i have friends who work in glo. Never heard of the 50-50 excreta. He and the poster are jokers

waiting for zomby the mike blower tongue
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by WindFire1: 7:25pm On Sep 17, 2010
nkilirox:

I wonder if this guy ever brought up his issues with the HR department with documentation. If he did, was there no action taken by HR? Did he follow due process in place at Glo to address his issues or was he just suffering and smiling? Seeing he didn't mention ever complaining about his work conditions before, I am inclined to believe he did not and is complaining now when it's too late for him.

@nkilirox, pls try and ask anyone about glo HR? grin With due respect, even those in the HR are suffering and smiling grin The HR in Glo is configured to do Mr Mike's bidding and punish those who go contrary to Mr Mike's bidding.

Also ask anyone you knw in Glo about 'due process'. It sounds like 'manner from Heaven'.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by WindFire1: 7:31pm On Sep 17, 2010
JUO:

what a topic. where is the resignation mail or letter?

@JUO, please read the first page. Thanks
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by dustydee: 7:31pm On Sep 17, 2010
for how long can we take poo?well done to the guy,
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by WindFire1: 7:41pm On Sep 17, 2010
slap1:

Kudos to the guy. He has sacrificed his job to improve the work conditions of his ex-colleagues. A few feathers will be ruffled, a change will surely be effected, however infinitesimal. Why would people blame the guy for going public? How else do you fight corruption? By sitting on it? Let the guy be. I wish he gets a better job.

As at the point of posting, no work condition has been improved. U don't understand, hostile and sudden resingnation is a regular trend in Glo, this is only a new twist to the trend. I just decided to share this for ignorant peeps to know.

slap1:

I do not share your optimism.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Jarus(m): 7:44pm On Sep 17, 2010
I'm surprised this thread has reached page 2 and Zombie, Glo/Adenuga's NL PR agent, has not showed up here.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by smasher1(m): 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2010
So bad of glo. Thats how my company in Warri operates. Wicked owners
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2010
a friend told me about how his uncle had enough

apparently the guy got into lagos after a late flight , add long traffic etc- was settling at home at 12 pm to sleep, when he got a call that oga mike was scheduling a 2am meeting. the guy said no can do. was told if u don't show consider yourself fired - so the guy quit
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2010
Jarus:

I'm surprised this thread has reached page 2 and Zombie, Glo/Adenuga's NL PR agent, has not showed up here.

maybe he has quit cheesy cheesy
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by spikedcylinder: 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2010
Tshew. I think say na serious matter sef.
What is this? Come and work for GO and you'll be 'disengaged' for something as simple as buying Hublot watch. Who your papa be wey you wan dey buy the same watch as GO? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Jarus(m): 8:05pm On Sep 17, 2010
oyb:

maybe he has quit cheesy cheesy
no, i still saw him recently . .
the speed at which he sees and comments on Glo/Adenuga threads is legendary

more than 90% of his posts are on Glo/Mike Adenuga: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=209376;sa=showPosts
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by oshyno(m): 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2010
Is not everybody that can take some shait especially wen you believe in ya self.
Free the guy jaree.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Gamine(f): 8:22pm On Sep 17, 2010
We need more people like this.

1 Like

Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by adedayoone: 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2010
It seems to me like the guy made a sacrifice in vain , glo is not going to make any changes, all the big boys in glo are happy; why bother about some guy that has only been in the company in a year. The sad thing about working anywhere in 9ja is that there is no regulatory body and as such u r on your own . There are over 100,000 people that would apply to take this guy's job, some people would do it better without complaining but it everyone did complain maybe there could be change. "The grass is always greener on the other side " according to my guy he heard bad gist about glo before he joined, my guess is he thought fidelity bank was worse than glo (sometimes we make big mistakes all in pursuit of more money). I think there are loads of lessons to be learnt from this.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by legendprac(m): 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2010

i disagree with d call rate thing, etisalat is better than glo in that aspect
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by TCD: 9:13pm On Sep 17, 2010
poor guy
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by okeyxyz(m): 9:56pm On Sep 17, 2010
If indeed d allegations dis guy has made is true, then i must say it is a mighty big shame & disgrace at d amount of slapping down dis guy is getting from over 90% comments on this board. All through history, Change has never come in a quiet manner, u have to fight for ur right & dignity. History shows countless examples of people who have been persecuted, jailed, murdered for simple speaking out against inhumanity meeted out on fellow humans. we know them: mandela, malcom-x, martin luther, JESUS CHRIST, an sang su chi, etc.
I say again, it is a big shame & disgrace dat over 90% of comments here are slapping dis guy down 4 speaking out against corporate evil. And we all wonder y Nigeria is in such a deplorable socio-economic state, and i'm guessing it will remain so, because it seems majority of nigerians are like d ones who condemn dis guy. the other sad thing is dat these detractors are young, educated, modern nigerians whom we hope will lead us to a better nigeria. again a "DISGRACE".
Now about dis guy, he is an adult, of course he knows dat his propects are most likely finished, nobody would hire him again. i'd believe he has in mind to set up biz of his own, dat is a sacrifice he has taken upon himself & i salute him for dat & hope u all suffering & smiling multitude do d same. Salute a HERO. wish him well in his future endervours.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by aieromon(m): 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2010
Can someone please explain to me what the 50-50 principle is all about?
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by sirmseen(m): 10:29pm On Sep 17, 2010
Thats not good from glo if its really true. By the way glo is feeding a lot of peeps and lots of guys are willing to die for that position you vacated. thats just the way things are in Nigeria. if you hear others working condition, my brother am sure you will give God all the praise. If you are tired of the work you shoulkd just tender your resignation and beg God for better condition. God help us in our quest.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by marvix(m): 10:32pm On Sep 17, 2010
adedayoone:

It seems to me like the guy made a sacrifice in vain , glo is not going to make any changes, all the big boys in glo are happy; why bother about some guy that has only been in the company in a year. The sad thing about working anywhere in 9ja is that there is no regulatory body and as such u r on your own . There are over 100,000 people that would apply to take this guy's job, some people would do it better without complaining but it everyone did complain maybe there could be change. "The grass is always greener on the other side " according to my guy he heard bad gist about glo before he joined, my guess is he thought fidelity bank was worse than glo (sometimes we make big mistakes all in pursuit of more money). I think there are loads of lessons to be learnt from this.        

the bolded section is the crux of d mata. We have a ministry of labour nd productivity that does not know its duties, its a big shame to nigeria. I have a said that free,fair and credible elections are not our problem but unemployment
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by semid4lyfe(m): 10:34pm On Sep 17, 2010
Soldier come, Soldier Go, Barrack remain!

I admire the guys courage but his resignation will not effect any positive change in GLO. It'd still be business as usual.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by kosovo(m): 11:05pm On Sep 17, 2010
what a moronic way to drag trafic . . what a waste of curiosity and bandwidth angry. . . Good Riddance . . .
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by dcadr(m): 11:07pm On Sep 17, 2010
The guy has said his mind. People up there are  always afraid to do what is right even  when it happens in their very presence cos they must do the bidding of the master. This things happens almost in every organization.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by breathless(m): 11:09pm On Sep 17, 2010
Hmmm. Dem say who no go, nor know.  If u dont work there, you will never know wat goes on in there. WARNING. Pls do not envy anyone working there. A careful look at various posts clearly shows an under-estimation of the situation in dat company. We all have different tolerance level. Some high, some low, some moderate.

50-50 did exit but has been modified to 75-25 recently. It was introduced in Aug/Sept 2008 to sales dept. What this means is that (50%) or75% of your salary is guaranteed while the balance is tied to sales performance (This is not stated in your offer letter). And for you to get anything from the balance you must meet at least 60% of your monthly sales target (that is incremental month-on-month irrespective of whether it is met or not) or else forget it.

Trust me, if any of you knew this staff while still in Glo on a personal level, you will include him in your daily prayers for deliverance. I worked and reported directly to the 2nd person he mentioned in the mail. That guy called me close to mid-nite oneday and swore by his koran (he`s moslem) that he will deal with me over a sales transaction that was almost going bad. That`s one place people are called names and insulted in the most dehumanizing manner. You are told to either perform or perish.

It might interest you to know that all staffs are on contract. No staff have an offer letter on Glo`s letterhead. So they are not obliged. For all they care, there are people in worst situations yet they are still there. A colleague bought car on two occassions and had to sell them to settle gbese wey him no cause just to keep his job. Some people work there for different reasons. For some it is the money, for some others it is the prestige, while for ome it is their last bus stop. I`ll pause for now. And incase anybody is wondering, I worked there as a manager in sales on a salary of N6.5m p/a and left for financial services and now run a business and management consulting firm as CEO.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by puskin: 11:12pm On Sep 17, 2010
aieromon:

Can someone please explain to me what the 50-50 principle is all about?

. . . . .simply put, if U don't meet your target, U and your employer share your salary at an agreed/calculated percentage.

Iv neva lliked Glo, either as a coy to work for or as a brand.

Their SIMs are only good for efbeetee. . . .wateva that means. undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Promoted Senior Nigerian Air Force Officers (Full List) / The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria / Pls, How Can One Succeed With Agricultural Economics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.