Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Globacom Staff Resignation Mail - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Globacom Staff Resignation Mail (28380 Views)

Drama In The Office As I Tender My Resignation After Getting A New Job. / Job Resignation. .. / Check Out This Resignation Letter (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by DisGuy: 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2010
skibochi:

well it's obvious from this thread that there are a lot of bitter Glo staff  and sincerely methinks even if these people are giving the best jobs in the world they will still complain, lessons will be learnt in all of this but i think it's a campaign to smear the company. better part of these people will promise heaven and earth that they can deliver, work under pressure, blah blah blah! at the interview stage but reverse will always be the case. the money is definitely good,(which they have also not mentioned) but they all want it on a platter of gold. my take on this is people should try and open up their own businesses, become employers of labor and see things from that perspective, i agree with one of the posters, there are many waiting in line to do thesame job, with much enthusiasm and same pay  that the lad was doing.  cool

phew

I noticed whenever nigerians complain about a compnay, Arik, AIT, Banks etc someone somewhere will be willing to defend these companies with the go and start your own company, seems some people have resigned to teh usual faith of your employers are doing you a favour or the banks are doing you a favour, someone complain about being shoved into a glass and being locked up by airline official all we get is- it is teh customers fault lipsrsealed

Very sad people that know no better, just go to church and donate to your holy father
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Odunnu: 9:14pm On Sep 18, 2010
breathless:

Odunnu, for the right price[b/] I will gladly answer all your questions smiley. Drop your mail as suggested.
Lol,wish I have an idea what the 'right price' is.Oh well,my email is justwise@hotmail.co.uk. Jst send ur address acrz,i'l pick it up frm there.
Thnx so vry much sir!
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by ghost74: 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2010
This is a company that looks like it is heading for the crumbs very soon, it's the worst organization that there can be and a perfect example of the true Nigeria

This is a company that does not have any laid down principle of operation, a company that does not even mind for there head office to be shut because they are owing PAYE TAX, a company that send it's staff on International activity without any remuneration.

This is a company where the technical staffs have to struggle for seats.

This is a company that does not think the life of a staff is of any importance.

A company that does not have any structure what so ever.

A company where rain water sips into the switch rooms

A company where this is a down time for hours because there is power outage in there main switch complex because they are owing the company responsible for oversight functions of the power.

This is a company that has refused to provide to the up keep of the company.

This is a company where staff training is not of any importance and when the staffs are trained they ask the vendor company to shred the certificate, so that the technical staffs don't have any proof of training.

A company that claims to perform KPI for staffs without any initial goal set for staffs.

This is a company that owes all it contractors for months and has mandated that any company that is interested in doing business with them must have an account with ETB.

This is just to mention but a few.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Eggyloo: 10:50pm On Sep 18, 2010
sad

funny enough, have a friend who had the opportunity of moving to KPMG(dont know if d chance is still open though) from current position in GLO Sales but didnt. Said GLO gave him more personal time &made him realise d hidden self esp in relating with people,customers more than he thot he could.

I guess different strokes for different folks. sad sad
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by skibochi(m): 11:51pm On Sep 18, 2010
Pheew . See what this resignee`s mail has generated. Na wa o. Trust me, I`ve been priviledged to see more strongly worded and indicting resignation letters/mails/text. Some even indicting the owners of the business and top management yet nothing has changed (its actually getting worse). Like I said, you people will not understand. No amount of explanation will make sense under the circumstances.

A poster mentioned that people brag about meeting targets at interviews. Yes you brag becos you anticipate that the organisation will provide you with the most important tools to work as no company can provide 100% of working tools. That is almost in non-existence there. If you have any, that`s becos you lobby for it in the most unspeakable manner. Those who do not see anything abnormal there are those who are working there as first place of work, those from extreme poverty striken background, boot and arse lickers, back-stabbers, deceivers etc.

Interestingly, a good number of these guys come from structured organisation/background. (Nig. Bottling Co., Promasidor, GSK, Pfizer, B.A.T., UACN, etc) They get attracted by the pay only to discover the real deal.
Anyways, this forum will cannot accomodate Glo gist. If you find yourself there, pls begging to plan your exit.

Odunnu, what are you interested in discussing?

anticipation is not something you consider when you are face to face in an interview, that is why you have to do your own background check on the company before plunging in, i still maintain that the money is good and no one seems to want to mention that which by the way, is the reason why we have all our sorry asses working for other companies be it xyz coy, abc coy and whatever. the fact still remains, it is a one man company and those who cannot stand the heat, should get outta the kitchen. it is all about the money.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by skibochi(m): 12:03am On Sep 19, 2010
[/quote]phew

I noticed whenever nigerians complain about a compnay, Arik, AIT, Banks etc someone somewhere will be willing to defend these companies with the go and start your own company, seems some people have resigned to teh usual faith of your employers are doing you a favour or the banks are doing you a favour, someone complain about being shoved into a glass and being locked up by airline official all we get is- it is teh customers fault

Very sad people that know no better, just go to church and donate to your holy father[quote]

complaints or no complaints, you are still earning from these coys and till you can get other alternative to earn income, you owe it to the company to deliver and as i said earlier, if you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen and do something, you defend the company you work for because that is what is bringing bread to the table for now. cool
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by 123papas(m): 4:20am On Sep 19, 2010
the bestway to enjoy a fucking job is to treat the Coy the way you are treated. They can only put you on redundancy and settle u. You can even take one month leave and come back in three months and they will still pay u.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by GBT(m): 9:05am On Sep 19, 2010
[tr]This is a company that looks like it is heading for the crumbs very soon, it's the worst organization that there can be and a perfect example of the true Nigeria

This is a company that does not have any laid down principle of operation, a company that does not even mind for there head office to be shut because they are owing PAYE TAX, a company that send it's staff on International activity without any remuneration.

A company where this is a down time for hours because there is power outage in there main switch complex because they are owing the company responsible for oversight functions of the power.

This is a company where staff training is not of any importance and when the staffs are trained they ask the vendor company to shred the certificate, so that the technical staffs don't have any proof of training.

A company that claims to perform KPI for staffs without any initial goal set for staffs.

This is a company that owes all it contractors for months and has mandated that any company that is interested in doing business with them must dhave an account with ETB.

This [/tr] is just to mention but a few.

All these for the aforementioned coy! Any way for those of us inthe TELCO industry have always known GLO to be a pretender in all the claim they do but that of the welfare of the staff as stated here and from the letter then it is really a sorri situation there.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Akainzo(m): 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2010
First, I was expecting to see either a scanned copy or in its absence, the purported email.
I recognize that the scanned copy might not be too ideal, but the email itself with the names/email addresses blacked out would have shown the authenticity.

The question I ask myself is simple: What proves the authenticity or genuineness of this story? I would comment on the basis that it [b]might [/b]be genuine.

ghost74:

This is a company that looks like it is heading for the crumbs very soon, it's the worst organization that there can be and a perfect example of the true Nigeria

This is a company that owes all it contractors for months and has mandated that any company that is interested in doing business with them must have an account with ETB.

This is just to mention but a few.

MY dear, if all this you posted above are believed, you must assume most people are dunces and believe anything written.  grin tongue grin grin

So you want us to believe that Glo send staff for training and then tells the training company to shred the certificate! shocked shocked shocked So they print it and then shred it? What a laff.

On the KPIs, you can only be caught with that once - the first time! If this happens to you, then the staff must ensure there was a discussion on what the KPI for the new year should be, otherwise then that staff probably shouldn't have been employed.

Until there exists laws in Nigeria that prevents corporate entities from leveraging on their strength, Glo can leverage on contractors to have accounts with ETB. Its what every corporate organisation does. I fyou do asset finance from the banks, you MUST use their in-house insurance.

By the way, I aint a Glo employee or contractor.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 19, 2010
^^^^

those of us who are actually working do not find any of the stories about glo hard to believe

So you want us to believe that Glo send staff for training and then tells the training company to shred the certificate! Shocked Shocked Shocked So they print it and then shred it? What a laff.

its like this - a staff is sent on training which makes him more valuable and is a bonus to his cv. for all employes, training staff represents a risk, since the employees may choose to jump ship for a better place

the standard signing of undertaking does not work - as people can damn the consequences

so mike simply gets them the training to do his work, but shreds the evidence so they cannot tell etialat i am trained in so and so

get it now?
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by tollu: 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2010
oyb:

get it now?

I'd like to believe Akainzo got the scenario in the first place, he just found it hard to believe. Frankly, so do I.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Akainzo(m): 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2010
oyb:

its like this - a staff is sent on training which makes him more valuable and is a bonus to his cv. for all employes, training staff represents a risk, since the employees may choose to jump ship for a better place

the standard signing of undertaking does not work - as people can damn the consequences

so mike simply gets them the training to do his work, but shreds the evidence so they cannot tell etialat i am trained in so and so

get it now?

Now this explanation is quite ridiculous. The entity responsible for giving you the certificate is not Glo! Once Glo (or any company at that) has registered you for the training, the training organization holds you the responsibility of giving you the certificate, not the entity paying for the training. Or is it your parents or guardian that sponsored you in college that gets the certificate?

I get so somehow when folks try to distort common knowledge things for the sake of getting a company painted black. Glo might not be the best place to work for some folks, but I bet some other folks would be having a ball at the same Glo.

You also forgot that Glo itself would need those certificates in case of lawsuits or to even prove to the Labour Ministry that it is a fair and responsible company. So would they destroy such evidences because of possible staff turn over? Me don't think so.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2010
you do not understand - so let me break it down for you

mr a works for a consulting firm. the oga needs mr a to master autocad 2011 in order to speed up the work process

he sends mr a to us at a cost of 1m for training

mr a returns from training and resigns in a week

he is very sorry, but he just got a job offer of x 4 his salary (due obviously to his new autocad certification)

this is a common occurence - which is why high value trainings are often accompanied by promotions - the signed commitment thing doesn't work

without the certificate (not the training) , mr a could not have gotten that job, but he would still have delivered the workflow improvements

what you fail to realise is that most training companies, especially the local ones  have direct ties to the MDs of organizations they are serving.

it is just for adenuga to say - kindly forward the certificates to my hr dept or i take my business elswhere

in any event , most of the time, certificates are never issued immediately after training, but are forwarded to hr to distribute among staff

You also forgot that Glo itself would need those certificates in case of lawsuits or to even prove to the Labour Ministry that it is a fair and responsible company. So would they destroy such evidences because of possible staff turn over? Me don't think so.

now you are talking as if you are not a Nigerian - what does glo care about the labour minsitry or lawsuits? how many lawsuits do disgruntled workers ever bring to court? how does training prove that a company is 'fair and responsible'

did you read where i wrote the conoil workers are te only ones in the oil indust who are not part of pengassan/nupeng? what has the labour ministry done about that?
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Akainzo(m): 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2010
oyb:

you do not understand - so let me break it down for you

mr a works for a consulting firm. the oga needs mr a to master autocad 2011 in order to speed up the work process

mr a returns from training and resigns in a week

he is very sorry, but he just got a job offer of x 4 his salary (due obviously to his new autocad certification)

this is a common occurence - which is why high value trainings are often accompanied by promotions - the signed commitment thing doesn't work

without the certificate (not the training) , mr a could not have gotten that job, but he would still have delivered the workflow improvements

This is what happens in everyday life, with all corporate entities all across the globe. Glo or any Nigerian company is no different.

oyb:

what you fail to realise is that most training companies, especially the local ones  have direct ties to the MDs of organizations they are serving.

it is just for adenuga to say - kindly forward the certificates to my hr dept or i take my business elswhere

in any event , most of the time, certificates are never issued immediately after training, but are forwarded to hr to distribute among staff

Nice expose, what you are saying is that you actually work for an unethical training firm! Now I understand where your warped logic is coming from.

oyb:

now you are talking as if you are not a Nigerian - what does glo care about the labour minsitry or lawsuits? how many lawsuits do disgruntled workers ever bring to court? how does training prove that a company is 'fair and responsible'

did you read where i wrote the conoil workers are te only ones in the oil indust who are not part of pengassan/nupeng? what has the labour ministry done about that?

I am a Nigerian and I do know that Glo do care about the Labour Ministry and lawsuits, or are you implying they have no legal department?

that Conoil workers are not members of PENGASSAN is not the fault of the labour ministry but because of the workers themselves. They decided not to join or ensure that they are members. Lay the blame squarely where it is.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by guysmat(m): 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2010
Some of you guys are making noise.

You should be grateful Nigerians aren't in the habit of committing suicide.

Assuming the guy was pushed to the edge so much so that he comes to the office the following day with a gun and starts blowing everybody's brains out (preferably Monday morning board meeting,  undecided) and saves the last bullet for himself. At the rate things are going, it's bound to start happening.

There's a lot to be discussed on the issue but in summary, I'll simply say that:

Enterprises need to really look out for their employees and not just push them out into the field to bring in the big buck.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 19, 2010
Akainzo:

Nice expose, what you are saying is that you actually work for an unethical training firm! Now I understand where your warped logic is coming from.

stop talking bs or looking for a quick way out. i DO NOT work for a training firm - more to the point - your answer, quite frankly makes absolutely no sense, even if i did work for a training firm

that Conoil workers are not members of PENGASSAN is not the fault of the labour ministry but because of the workers themselves. They decided not to join or ensure that they are members. Lay the blame squarely where it is.

this from someone who is defending the actions discussed in the mail - i'm sure u will also 'lay the blame squarely where it is with this aggreived former employee.

the failure of the labour ministry you keep blathering about should be evident in the fact that telecomms and bank workers are not unionised, and can be fked over by the employers at any time
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by scorpio1(m): 6:56pm On Sep 19, 2010
Pls i will like to see the Letter oooo, !
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by aieromon(m): 9:45pm On Sep 19, 2010
oyb:

did you read where i wrote the conoil workers are the only ones in the oil industry who are not part of pengassan/nupeng? what has the labour ministry done about that?

My friend just quit Conoil after one month.The exposure he got at KPMG made him realise the lack of organisational structure on time.For one month,he had no table,no chair,no job description and no reporting relationship.Good riddance.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by otokx(m): 11:46pm On Sep 19, 2010
i wont join the bandwagon of people bashing glo, some things are not just adding up.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Nobody: 5:30am On Sep 20, 2010
^^^

just find someone who works in glo and ask him . hope your hair won't stand on end
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Odunnu: 6:42am On Sep 20, 2010
scorpio1:

Pls i will like to see the Letter oooo, !

Go to the first page.Its the first post in ths thread!
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by snthesis(m): 8:07am On Sep 20, 2010
Wind_Fire:

The mail below was sent to HR by an aggrieved GLOBACOM staff upon resignation on September 14, 2010. The same staff copied the ED HR, several Executive Directors including Bella Adenuga, Paddy Adenuga and over 50 other staff. Please enjoy this piece below:

some posters should actually take time to read and understand before making preposterous comments.
firstly from the OP-in regards to burning bridges
d recipients of d resignation letter were clearly stated and they are all internal, & from d description its safe to assume that he copied d top executives (ppl that mattered- & can effect a positve change) & d other 50 were probably his colleagues (ppl that bear d brunt), d assumption that d person in question resigned and published it publicly is totally unfounded, d best line of thot is probably sum1 in the recipient chain going thru d same challenge but with insufficent "b.alls" to resign thot it wise to make the resignation public.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by kushe: 8:12am On Sep 20, 2010
i know folks like this akainzo

piss off advise,just shut the freaking f up and take the analysing parts of your brain to the gym

and be damn too sure that i got the english language in a choke hold lest u think u are being called out by a slowpoke

u are sooooooooooooo annoying sad sad
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by pheonix83: 8:24am On Sep 20, 2010
I'm not a fan of Glo but i tell you one thing they are the only company that employ full time staff- mtn and zain- employ pple on contract basis and pay them peanuts less than a million p/a, but glo pay a fresh graduate about 2.7 p/a.
My class mate work there i've heard alot of stories about Adenuga b4 now when i ask me he told me they are all lies, some time is better for use to check the fact ourselves
In paid employ you have to kiss asses most times.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by ugowins(m): 9:33am On Sep 20, 2010
I really commend you for speaking out, really it is only those that are outside would not see it as a light in disguise. Guy, i personally understand all what you said and pray that the good lord will Librate us from the bondage of sycophant grin[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by FrenchyL(m): 9:35am On Sep 20, 2010
I honestly think that this fellow has taken the best step, The problem with a lot of people is that they get stuck in their pathetic situations and just cannot see anyway out so they try to manage things till an improvement from God knows where shows up on the horizon.

In life we need to learn how to be daring and make decisions and stands that affect our lives instead of living and working under mediocre conditions. My brother, God will give you an idea that will rock the world and it will stand the test of time.

Remain Blessed.
wink
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by SABalogun: 10:33am On Sep 20, 2010
Bravo guy. Hope you have another job or ready for your own business.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by breathless(m): 10:39am On Sep 20, 2010
Just the way some things mentioned in the course of this tread does not seem to make sense to some respondents, (cos yàll find it hard to believe) so it will be pointless explaining.

Fot those in doubt, try make friends with Glo staff in any unit. Do not ask questions about what you`ve heard aboput the company, but tactically sample their level of satisfaction working there and if they`ll leave at the slightest opportunity even for lesser pay.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by ghost74: 11:20am On Sep 20, 2010
Akainzo

I am directing this mail directly to you, I want you to do an investigative journalism yourself so that you can confirm somethings.

I want to believe you are a Nigerian, now I'm going to give you an insight into Globacom premises so that you can know that this person is not lying.

Now go to 24 Saka Tinubu street, it is the building that shares a fence with NITEL office, on Saka Tinubu now take your time to observe how Globacom staffs go in and come out, and at the same time look at there disposition you will see that all Globacom staffs put around there neck a Green Strap.

So get the same Green Strap around your neck not making your ID card Visible, you have gotten access into Globacom.

This tells you the level of security in Globacom Major Switch.

There are 2 buildings in this compound work straight ahead to where you have a base station ahead of you and there is a door to your left walk right in and you have gotten access into the main switch room, there are 2 floors in this room to your left you will meet the ineffective police force of Nigeria so go upstairs and you will see for yourself whether what I've said is true or not.

On getting out kindly meet staffs that are going on lunch, at about 1 - 2 pm tell them that you are trying to gather information's from them, as a Nigerian Labor Congress officer

1) Any of there staffs that have a letter headed paper of Globacom for there appointment letter

2) If they have been confirmed after 5 yrs of working in Globacom

3) If they have proceeded on any training and if they have they should kindly tell you if they have a certificate for this training.

See when you get some information try to verify the information before you claim it as not true, please do this and then comeback to us.

Thanks
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by oracleMAT: 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2010
This is to the guy who wrote the resignation letter.
If the working conditions in a company are not conducive for you, you simply plot your escape. I see no sense in venting your frustrations about the way Glo operates on others. You claim to be tired of being verbally and emotionally abused but how come you waited this long?(the money was good,period) when your boss was being abusive,did you 1. report to your HR?2. ask to be relocated to another unit? wait o!!how are we sure that you were competent on the job?This is not an assault on you, really but I speak from experience. I have worked with indians and i know for a fact that they can be demanding. When you do well, you get more work-SET UP TO FAIL SYNDROME- when you don't do well, you get a lot of insults. Guess what?I made my stand and fought for what I believed in, within the system and not without. You chose to resign,laudable!!but you should have done the more honorable thing and resigned with dignity and not disgrace. I am very certain anybody who knows your real identity will not want to do business with you as this speaks volume of your character as a professional.If you doubt me and you are in paid employ still, just let your new bosses know what you did with this resignation letter and see their response.

To those who support him: there's no dignity in this action. I will personally applaud him if he volunteered his identity on this platform.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by andyprez(m): 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2010
I feel his pain but he definately acted immatured & unprofessional
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by ghost74: 1:07pm On Sep 20, 2010
ORACLEMAT,

Your suggestion only works in a company where there is process and structure.

We are telling you there is no structure in this organisation I don't blame you finding it difficult to understand.

Please how can you explain that Globacom does not have fuel to run Gen Set and as such there was a downtime that affected operations for hours, and this company has another sister company Conoil. Please can you explain that.

Also please can you explain how a company of the magnitude of Globacom have downtime for hours because the filter for the Generator has been clogged and request for filter has been on the desk of the COO for weeks without any response.

My friend you can't believe somethings that happen in tat organization.

Kindly go on investigative Journalism I am throwing out to you to do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Promoted Senior Nigerian Air Force Officers (Full List) / The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria / Pls, How Can One Succeed With Agricultural Economics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.