Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Globacom Staff Resignation Mail - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Globacom Staff Resignation Mail (28381 Views)

Drama In The Office As I Tender My Resignation After Getting A New Job. / Job Resignation. .. / Check Out This Resignation Letter (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by aluko360(m): 11:33pm On Sep 17, 2010
glo, (we) rule your world grin grin grin
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 18, 2010
For crying out loud when we will ever stop this SLAVE MENTALITY.

THIS GUY IS DAMN TIRE OF THE NONESENSE GOING ON IN GLOBACOM AND YOU GUYS ARE SPITTING RUBBISH OF HIM NOT SAYING IT THIS WAY.

WHO TOLD YOU GUYS THE DUDE IS READY TO BE UNDER SALARY PACKAGE BY ONE "FAT HEADED, BIG TUMMIED, OLD MAN" FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.

All these things CAN NEVER happen in Ghana and South Africa (same African countries).

Ghana govt did a 60-40 law between ghanaians ana any foereign company in their country. Meaning the management level must be 60% ghanians 40% foreigners.

You guys should go to AP, HUAWEI,ERICSSON,and all those manufacturing companies and you will know SLAVERY IF STILL FULLY IMPLEMENTED IN NIGERIA. Our govt decided to turn their eyes the other side 'cus they are major share holders in most of those companies.

Please lets wake up and fight for our TOMORROW instead of just being engrossed with today's meals.

ENOUGH OF THESE SLAVE MENTALITY PEOPLE

There is no country under the sun as at today that is developed as a developed or fast growing country (both economically and socially) that didn't pass through REVOLUTION. from USA, France,Germany,Italy,China,Korea,Thailand,South Africa and even Ghana but Nigerians keep shouting "we no wan fight, God go make am better' thats still the reason why we are where we are.

Our destiny is in our hands and the ealier we realise that fact the better.

No be that small paddy adenuga dem say dey slap people anyhow? and yet that is the same company we are to protect.

Fela kukuma talk am "suffering and smilling"
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by radiantbus: 2:51am On Sep 18, 2010
Well I empathize with the Guy cause have been in a similar position. I must say it again, I really do feel for him but i do not agree with the way he went about it. Maybe in retrospect he will realize that he should have gone about it in a different way.

Nigeria is a HIGH risk and HIGH pressure environment. Companies come up and go down. As a result, CEOs are under constant pressure to balance the books and allow this pressure to propagate down to everyone. They don't bother about setting up an organizational structure or investing in the people who matter, the EMPLOYEES the people who do the business or go out and interact with the customers. When i say 'investing', I'm not only referring to monetary remuneration but also company culture. If people are happy to do what they do and work where they work, then they will be willing to go the extra mile no matter who's the boss. Tony Hsieh CEO of Zappos said that the key to having a successful company is Company Culture. He believes that if you get the culture right most of the other stuff like delivering great customer service or building a long-term enduring brand for the company will happen naturally on its own.

My advice for all those in a similar position, plan your exit carefully if you are not happy with your current position. Leave amicably. There's always something better out there for you.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by phraze(m): 3:16am On Sep 18, 2010
glo for real, na wefin wunna dey do
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by aieromon(m): 3:20am On Sep 18, 2010
breathless:

WARNING. Pls do not envy anyone working there.

It might interest you to know that all staffs are on contract. No staff have an offer letter on Glo`s letterhead. So they are not obliged.

No wonder my cuz who's making ''megabucks'' has nothin' to show for it.Now,i know why.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by adedayoone: 4:16am On Sep 18, 2010
Ok now i see my people claiming patriotism and someone being ashamed because some of us think this guy made a mistake, oh well unless the guy doesnt have kids and a wife (then maybe he made a smart move )as he would be able to rough things on his own but if my guy has a family and has just blasted glo without an alternative source of income ,

yeah yeah , countries like ghana and america did blah, blah, blah ; my question is did nigeria start existing as a community of people after these countries? so why does it have to take us forever , we better open our eyes and see that it is not a matter of time or independence . Its simply how my people are wired (MAJORITY OF US A JUST GREEDY). I'd like to think about the consequences of my actions before i take any and by doing so i try to see if what i aim to achieve is actually feasible . If this guy was trying to make a change i repeat it wont work . Cos some greedy guy is writing another letter to glo management saying those things are not true and thinking in his mind (WHO SEND AM !!!).

like i said earlier we have alot to learn from this thread although some people think its a waste of space or bandwidth(i donno who forced them to read it oooo). THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING A HERO AND A SCAPE GOAT, SIMPLES.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Odunnu: 5:18am On Sep 18, 2010
breathless:

Hmmm. Dem say who no go, nor know.  If u dont work there, you will never know wat goes on in there. WARNING. Pls do not envy anyone working there. A careful look at various posts clearly shows an under-estimation of the situation in dat company. We all have different tolerance level. Some high, some low, some moderate.

50-50 did exit but has been modified to 75-25 recently. It was introduced in Aug/Sept 2008 to sales dept. What this means is that (50%) or75% of your salary is guaranteed while the balance is tied to sales performance (This is not stated in your offer letter). And for you to get anything from the balance you must meet at least 60% of your monthly sales target (that is incremental month-on-month irrespective of whether it is met or not) or else forget it.

Trust me, if any of you knew this staff while still in Glo on a personal level, you will include him in your daily prayers for deliverance. I worked and reported directly to the 2nd person he mentioned in the mail. That guy called me close to mid-nite oneday and swore by his koran (he`s moslem) that he will deal with me over a sales transaction that was almost going bad. That`s one place people are called names and insulted in the most dehumanizing manner. You are told to either perform or perish.

It might interest you to know that all staffs are on contract. No staff have an offer letter on Glo`s letterhead. So they are not obliged. For all they care, there are people in worst situations yet they are still there. A colleague bought car on two occassions and had to sell them to settle gbese wey him no cause just to keep his job. Some people work there for different reasons. For some it is the money, for some others it is the prestige, while for ome it is their last bus stop. I`ll pause for now. And incase anybody is wondering, I worked there as a manager in sales on a salary of N6.5m p/a and left for financial services and now run a business and management consulting firm as CEO.

I'm interestd in ths Sir,is there a possibility of discussing ths with u the nxt tym u come on?
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by estatemark(m): 6:24am On Sep 18, 2010
Our Govt should take a more proactive steps in making that these companies conform to our existing labour laws.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by harakiri(m): 6:49am On Sep 18, 2010
The kind of comments i've seen here is the real reason Nigeria remains backward. We keep crying for change but we are too docile to take the bull by the horns.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by chika98: 6:50am On Sep 18, 2010
harakiri:

The kind of comments i've seen here is the real reason Nigeria remains backward. We keep crying for change but we are too docile to take the bull by the horns.

Tell them! The Oga mentality is killing em
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by DisGuy: 7:02am On Sep 18, 2010
estatemark:

Our Govt should take a more proactive steps in making that these companies conform to our existing labour laws.

the same government that can't paint its own buildings?
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by SEGAD: 7:32am On Sep 18, 2010
What do you expect from foreign companies
radiantbus:

Well I empathize with the Guy cause have been in a similar position. I must say it again, I really do feel for him but i do not agree with the way he went about it. Maybe in retrospect he will realize that he should have gone about it in a different way.

Nigeria is a HIGH risk and HIGH pressure environment. Companies come up and go down. As a result, CEOs are under constant pressure to balance the books and allow this pressure to propagate down to everyone. They don't bother about setting up an organizational structure or investing in the people who matter, the EMPLOYEES the people who do the business or go out and interact with the customers. When i say 'investing', I'm not only referring to monetary remuneration but also company culture. If people are happy to do what they do and work where they work, then they will be willing to go the extra mile no matter who's the boss. Tony Hsieh CEO of Zappos said that the key to having a successful company is Company Culture. He believes that if you get the culture right most of the other stuff like delivering great customer service or building a long-term enduring brand for the company will happen naturally on its own.

My advice for all those in a similar position, plan your exit carefully if you are not happy with your current position. Leave amicably. There's always something better out there for you.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by SEGAD: 7:36am On Sep 18, 2010
What do you expect from foreign companies; bad government bad people
radiantbus:

Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by marcus1234: 9:26am On Sep 18, 2010
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by sexybash(f): 9:38am On Sep 18, 2010
for how long will one keep on saying there is no job and continue taking shit , if you dont change things will Never change its either you make the right decision and win or lose KEEP it up bro , stand up for what you Belive after all we will all die and leave the Money ,BE A MAN ANYTIME
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Tolulop001(f): 9:54am On Sep 18, 2010
harakiri:

Taking the bull by the horns is resignation. what exactly is the point of coming out in public with this kind of letter? to get everyone to hate Glo? fine. he has suceeded. 80% of peeps reading this thread, if they get Glo job will still accept it. besides everything is a choice. he decided to step, no wahala. this kind of letter, in the short run makes him feel good, but to me is counterproductive in the long run.
i doff my hat tho for his boldness, but really, wisdom is profitable to direct smiley
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by GBT(m): 10:08am On Sep 18, 2010
beans - adenuga's stand is 'there are more where you came from'

Spot on bro!
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 18, 2010
You have a right to resign but why would u go about ranting? Resign and go in peace. Such noise-making has no use in Nigeria where millions are looking for jobs. I know graduates who earn 20k a month and take nonsense from their employer. It might be a good idea abroad but it is called noise-making over here.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by d7thcaller: 11:15am On Sep 18, 2010
For changes to take place it must either be carried out quietly (as in dialogue) or by force (revolution).
Either way sometimes it takes time (over a period of days, weeks or years). One thing is certain this guy’s letter must surely enact changes either now or later.
Who says he can’t get another job (even better than the previous) in corporate organization in 9ja? Eg. He barely worked for a year for Glo so he can as well remove it from his resume and make up the one year with something. Besides na 9ja we de, his uncle sister or sister broda fit give am work for better coy. More so I have seen dudes fight their coy, even sue them, castigate them and later end up in better coy’s
We need to stand up to our right, do the right thing and never condone evil no matter whose toe is stepped on.  If the Niger Delta Militants had not taken up arms to protest their grievances their might never had the opportunity to get formal or skilled training offered   by the amnesty programme (some of them are in different part of the country and abroad undergoing different forms of skill acquisition).
One love!

1 Like

Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by beewhyfocs(m): 11:26am On Sep 18, 2010
Glo, Everyone say the company has no good structure. To make the matter worse no recently employed Nigerian has an offer letter on Glo letter headed paper. I got an offer from them after 4 months of rigorous interview only to get my offer letter on Global Manpower letter head. It was even global manpower offering the job. The ID Card bear global manpower seconded to globacom. Funny enough, glo HR did the interview and Adenuga himself conducted the final interview. Despite all that, they stil dint offer the 2.5m we requested for, rather they offer 1.5m with confirmation after 1year(instead of d normal 6months). The same week I was posted to the North as a rollout staff.

As God would have I got a better offer in Lagos in a better structured company. Thank God he delivered me else I had no option but to take the offer.

We were even made to believe that we were privileged to ge the offer, that some of us are coming from Ade & co, which are no where close to Glo.

All the same, govt need to see to the employment condition in glo. The labour law is not followed properly in employment.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by slap1(m): 11:35am On Sep 18, 2010
It's a pity that Glo, a Nigerian company, is treating Nigerian workers like this. Can't a few staff mobilize and sue the company? It will do some good.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by sizzlers(m): 11:40am On Sep 18, 2010
were is the letters??
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by obisky(m): 11:53am On Sep 18, 2010
this is call COMMERCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by MKOLTE: 12:15pm On Sep 18, 2010
Bravo to the guy! You are a man of courage and I know that God Almighty will see you through. I was in that type of situation 4, 5 years ago working in one of our 'funny' banks. When I was tired of the whole shit, I threw in the towel and sought better opportunities. Today, I give glory to God as I am now the MD/CEO of my own organisation and I have actually been setting up a lot of my former colleagues in their own line of business. Infact, a great number of my first clients that helped me to succeed immensely were from this bank and I made huge money from them all.

So, my brave friend, life is a game. At times, you win; and at other times, you lose. Often times, I am tempted to agree with politicians that ''There are no permanent friends or enemies, but permanent interest''

Thus, my only area of disagreement with you is publishing your resignation letter for the world world to see. It's totally wrong and cannot therefore be right! Two wrongs can never make a right. When you were employed abinitio, it was simply a contract between you and GLO:no third party. So, when you now decide to leave now, no matter how terrible the place may be, you should never ever go on and bring the place to riducule and public odium. That's an exercise of bad faith and it shows you never appreciated God using GLO to support you for almost a year.

Leave them wigth their ways. God has His own ways and perfect timing for righting all wrongs and evil. 4, 5 years ago when I complained to high heavens about the arbitrary targets, monetization of appraisals and 60:40 ratio etc praticed in that bank, a lot of people saw me as a toxic imputer in the system. When I got frustrated and fed up, I quietly resigned and went my way. But see how God has used Sanusi to overhaul the whole banking system! Even my MD, who held the bank like a vice grip, is now in EFCC net, disgraced and all! I never ever imagined that this could happen to him and all the others.

So, never leave a place with malice or grudge tot he extent of ridiculing the system. It doesn't pay and God may not support your fight (by so doing). It is a different matter if you take them to court. That's ok.

Having said that, let me also quickly add that the experiences in GLO in a 'baby-in-the-womb's play compared with Jimoh I's organisation where his staff earn irregular salaries based on J.I's whims and caprices. There, you dare not smile or be happy if J.I is sad;or be sad if J.I is happy. People resign almost on an hourly basis there! Go and check this out if you wish.

The corporate world is just like that everywhere. The best thing in life is to have / run your own business for as long as you work for any person, your destiny will be written by that person. Cheers all.
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by skibochi(m): 12:19pm On Sep 18, 2010
well it's obvious from this thread that there are a lot of bitter Glo staff  and sincerely methinks even if these people are giving the best jobs in the world they will still complain, lessons will be learnt in all of this but i think it's a campaign to smear the company. better part of these people will promise heaven and earth that they can deliver, work under pressure, blah blah blah! at the interview stage but reverse will always be the case. the money is definitely good,(which they have also not mentioned) but they all want it on a platter of gold. my take on this is people should try and open up their own businesses, become employers of labor and see things from that perspective, i agree with one of the posters, there are many waiting in line to do thesame job, with much enthusiasm and same pay  that the lad was doing.  cool
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by sizzlers(m): 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2010
A lot of lessons to learn here embarassed undecided
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by bidemi12(m): 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2010
puskin:

. . . . .simply put, if U don't meet your target, U and your employer share your salary at an agreed/calculated percentage.

Iv neva lliked Glo, either as a coy to work for or as a brand.

Their SIMs are only good for efbeetee. . . .wateva that means.  undecided undecided

are you serious? what happened to "fire him if he does not meet agreed targets?" this is slavery at it's highest. damn, undecided
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 18, 2010
THIS DUDE IS LUCKY HE DID NOT NEAR STARCOMMS, YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN PLANNING ON HOW TO GO KAMIKAZI ON THEM BY NOW COS THEY WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL, STARCOMMS EMPLOY PEOPLE FROM GHANA AND PAY THEM AS EXPATRIATES WHILE THE NIGERIAN WORKERS CHILL WITH THE PEANUTS, AND BY THE WAY, WHEN YOU LEAVE, THEY DONT FIND ANOTHER REPLACEMENT, THEY JUST DIVIDE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE WORKERS AROUND WITH NO INCREASE IN PAY, IN CASE YOU DONT KNOW, THERE IS A POLICY FOR IT IN STARCOMMS, IT IS CALLED THE MULTITASKING HR POLICY,
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by breathless(m): 6:14pm On Sep 18, 2010
Pheew . See what this resignee`s mail has generated. Na wa o. Trust me, I`ve been priviledged to see more strongly worded and indicting resignation letters/mails/text. Some even indicting the owners of the business and top management yet nothing has changed (its actually getting worse). Like I said, you people will not understand. No amount of explanation will make sense under the circumstances.

A poster mentioned that people brag about meeting targets at interviews. Yes you brag becos you anticipate that the organisation will provide you with the most important tools to work as no company can provide 100% of working tools. That is almost in non-existence there. If you have any, that`s becos you lobby for it in the most unspeakable manner. Those who do not see anything abnormal there are those who are working there as first place of work, those from extreme poverty striken background, boot and arse lickers, back-stabbers, deceivers etc.

Interestingly, a good number of these guys come from structured organisation/background. (Nig. Bottling Co., Promasidor, GSK, Pfizer, B.A.T., UACN, etc) They get attracted by the pay only to discover the real deal.
Anyways, this forum will cannot accomodate Glo gist. If you find yourself there, pls begging to plan your exit.

Odunnu, what are you interested in discussing?
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by Odunnu: 8:12pm On Sep 18, 2010
breathless:

Pheew . See what this resignee`s mail has generated. Na wa o. Trust me, I`ve been priviledged to see more strongly worded and indicting resignation letters/mails/text. Some even indicting the owners of the business and top management yet nothing has changed (its actually getting worse). Like I said, you people will not understand. No amount of explanation will make sense under the circumstances.

A poster mentioned that people brag about meeting targets at interviews. Yes you brag becos you anticipate that the organisation will provide you with the most important tools to work as no company can provide 100% of working tools. That is almost in non-existence there. If you have any, that`s becos you lobby for it in the most unspeakable manner. Those who do not see anything abnormal there are those who are working there as first place of work, those from extreme poverty striken background, boot and arse lickers, back-stabbers, deceivers etc.

Interestingly, a good number of these guys come from structured organisation/background. (Nig. Bottling Co., Promasidor, GSK, Pfizer, B.A.T., UACN, etc) They get attracted by the pay only to discover the real deal.
Anyways, this forum will cannot accomodate Glo gist. If you find yourself there, pls begging to plan your exit.

Odunnu, what are you interested in discussing?
Ur career. I'm so interestd in Business and Management Consulting and would like to ask u some questions if u dnt mind.
Ths isnt d best thread to talk abt it if u wud want to.Which wud be okay with u Sir, droppin my email so we talk outside NL or openning a new thread 4it?
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by hackney(m): 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2010
I'm in support of what the poster has done.
The simple reason being that if he doesnt do what he has done, the public will never know
how animalistic the working relationships are in these companies.

the man had had enough and was going to tell it as he saw it to let off steam and air his
frustration so kudos to him.
Not having the guts to do things like this is why the foreigners treat nigerians like dirt in nigeria.

One can tell that the gentleman is well spoken and articulate in expressing himself and therefore intelligent.
(that may not be said for the so called managers of globacom).

More of this kind of action should be taken to name and shame all those sweat shops and prostitution rings
they call companies and marketing personnel respectively.

The coperate world in nigeria feels too hurriedly put together and the key elements (like professionalism , politeness and
even common sense) seem to be missing .
Re: Globacom Staff Resignation Mail by breathless(m): 9:02pm On Sep 18, 2010
Odunnu, for the right price I will gladly answer all your questions smiley. Drop your mail as suggested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Promoted Senior Nigerian Air Force Officers (Full List) / The Disgraceful Thing Called Salary In Nigeria / Pls, How Can One Succeed With Agricultural Economics?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.