Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US (39290 Views)

9-Year-Old Gay Boy Commits Suicide In US After Being Bullied (Photos) / Burial Of 15-Year-Old Girl Slimzy Jay Who Committed Suicide In Delta (Photos) / Boyfriend Of Delta 15-Year-Old Girl Who Committed Suicide Over Heartbreak Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 23, 2019
Sad
Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by gbaskiboy: 12:21pm On Apr 23, 2019
whaooo
Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Sydney17(m): 12:21pm On Apr 23, 2019
and you think you are going to heaven right? Ewu
sanmtiago:
You go sha meet your gay fans for hell undecided

3 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by akdjr(m): 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2019
He will be resting now. Kudos to u boy at least u took the life urself no be maruwa or okada nok u down.
Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by cyprus000: 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2019
czarina:
cryR.I.P baby.

No one should be bullied or hated for who or what they are as long as they're not harming anyone.

Being gay doesn't make him a bad person. There are tons of "straight" people he's better than. But the world doesn't seem to care. Sad. Just sad embarassed
bullcrap

11 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2019
Fisiryorh:
well well,have fun in hell with the demon who pushed you to commit such act...

Africans and superstition na like 5 and 6
Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Amumaigwe: 12:24pm On Apr 23, 2019
Fisiryorh:
well well,have fun in hell with the demon who pushed you to commit such act...

Keeper of gate of hell, we have noticed you. However, note that it was not any demon that pushed him to suicide, but perhaps another closet-gay acting holier-than-thou.

6 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 23, 2019
unclesoyo:
Students and staff of Huntsville High School, Huntsville, Alabama have been paying tributes to gay boy Nigel Shelby, the 15-year-old high school student who committed suicide last week.

Nigel Shelby reportedly killed himself after being bullied by his schoolmates for being gay.

According to multiple Facebook reports, Nigel Shelby who was a student at Huntsville High School committed suicide on Friday after being bullied relentlessly.

“We were saddened to learn this morning of the death of Nigel Shelby, one of our 9th-grade students. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family during this difficult time,” said the principal of the school.

“We are heartbroken over the death of Nigel Shelby, a 15 year old freshman at Huntsville High School,” Rocket City Pride, the local LGBTQ+ Pride organization said in a statement. “Nigel took his life because he was bullied for being gay. There are no words that can be said to make sense of this devastating news.”

Huntsville High principal, Aaron King addressed the tragic death in a post to parents, writing:

“We were saddened to learn this morning of the death of Nigel Shelby, one of our 9th-grade students. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family during this difficult time.”

Huntsville City Schools Superintendent Christie Finley also addressed it at Monday’s school board meeting, saying:

“I want to take a brief moment to speak about the recent loss of a Huntsville high school student, Nigel Shelby. I spent most of the weekend really processing this loss and I’m sure many of you have as well. And we will for a while to come.

It’s clear to me that the simple word of the golden rule has really become more difficult for many to understand and to practice and it is time as a society to value, respect and uplift one another.”

She added:

“It is time for us to come together. Now is the time for us to teach our children and our students the values of acceptance, kindness, generosity, helpfulness and basically just being a human being.”

A candlelight vigil was held for the late student on Sunday night.

Radio show host Amir Diamond wrote:

I dedicated tonight’s show to Nigel Shelby. He was a 15-year-old boy who committed suicide after being bullied for being gay. I see myself in him. I was also bullied when I was young, because of my sexuality. I made an instagram video last year that discussed my coming out experience, because I wanted kids like Nigel to see me and know that it’s okay to be who they are.

My hope and my prayer is that kids who identify with the LGBTQA community will be able to be stand strong in who they are (despite what anyone else has to say about it).

I hope that the rest of the world supports those who are in the LGBTQA community (even if they don’t understand it). We have to teach the younger generations coming up to love EVERYBODY. You never know what someone’s going through.

Rest In Peace, Nigel.

We now have an angel who we know by name.

-Diamond

https://lailasnews.com/tributes-to-15-year-old-gay-boy-nigel-shelby-who-committed-suicide/

Jesusjnr this is what the pope was trying to say when he said they should be treated by humans,do you know they are stigmatised? Abused and denied what all humans should have?

Oh,no need telling you this! You said love is conditional.....so they conditions for being loved is not to be gay(in your terms.....correct me of am wrong on this)

1 Like

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Avedonn: 12:26pm On Apr 23, 2019
superlanny:
Even tho I totally abhor and dislike Gays because of their disgusting and abominable nature. I also ,in the same way condemn the bullying of kids, because you don't like something doesn't mean you can't tolerate it, well it's USA those kids will get what they deserve....Rip

If you can tolerate it that means you like it.

No sane human being can tolerate evil like gays.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 23, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Hian, who fúçked the world grin

Folks that were here before us and we can't help but follow the trend

1 Like

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by sanmtiago(m): 12:30pm On Apr 23, 2019
Sydney17:
and you think you are going to heaven right? Ewu
bros e get any day were me and you discuss say I go go heaven??
Currently I no know my stand so just leave me abeg!

3 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Floryangel8: 12:32pm On Apr 23, 2019
Minus one, at this age what is he supposed to know about sex talkless of being perversed

8 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Leviana(f): 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2019
RIP.

I wonder why people can't just be tolerant, even if you don't like it at least have the knowledge that not everyone is the same. I simply hate bullying and cannot condone it in any circumstance.

2 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by blackslayer: 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2019
Avedonn:

Useless comment.

I have no sympathy for gay people.
Zero sympathy.

WHAT DOES IT MATTER OR HOW DOES IT AFFECT YOU THE WAY PEOPLE CHOOSE TO LIVE THEIR LIVES? I'M JUST TRYING TO UNDERSTAND YOUR MIND AND LOGIC IF YOU HAVE ANY? YOU SHOULD NEVER PERSECUTE OTHERS BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE WITH THEIR LIFE STYLE CHOICES. I'M JUST SAYING. ....I DON'T AGREE WITH HOMOSEXUALITY, HOWEVER THIS HAS NO BEARING ON HOW I TREAT THEM. TREAT PEOPLE THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED AND THIS WORLD WILL BE A BETTER PLACE OK?

9 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2019
Avedonn:

Useless comment.

I have no sympathy for gay people.
Zero sympathy.
Avedonn:

No sane human being will make such an evil comment like yours. I don't believe in the gay lifestyle but bullying and abusing a gay, a child for that matter, to the extent that he becomes depressed and takes his own life, is heartbreaking. If you see nothing wrong with that you need your brain examined.

8 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by D1zion: 12:47pm On Apr 23, 2019
I don't feel sorry for people like this.all I know is God never made mistake in his creation. For him to have created you the way you're should make you thank him.now two great mistakes of his life, being gay & that is not enough, he went ahead to commit suicide. He know he can't withstand bully why did he come out to announced it to the world? Rubbish, rest in hell & not rest in peace.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by abbey621(m): 12:50pm On Apr 23, 2019
Michellekabod1:

Jesusjnr this is what the pope was trying to say when he said they should be treated by humans,do you know they are stigmatised? Abused and denied what all humans should have?

Oh,no need telling you this! You said love is conditional.....so they conditions for being loved is not to be gay(in your terms.....correct me of am wrong on this)

Do you know most pedophiles can't help themselves? They love kids romantically, why should they be denied their feelings and right to love? Did you know some people are now marrying their pets and having carnal knowledge of them? These people also claim their right to love, is it normal? I disagree with bullying but don't disagree with the right to dislike their lifestyle. I don't disagree with the right to distance myself from them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by RTSC: 12:51pm On Apr 23, 2019
Nigeria is the most homophobic nation on earth.

Too bad.

3 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by cococandy(f): 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2019
inspitation:
it is finished 15 years old? gay? the world we live in now is worse than sodom and gomorrah

D1zion:
I don't feel sorry for people like this.all I know is God never made mistake in his creation. For him to have created you the way you're should make you thank him.now two great mistakes of his life, being gay & that is not enough, he went ahead to commit suicide. He know he can't withstand bully why did he come out to announced it to the world? Rubbish, rest in hell & not rest in peace.

Floryangel8:
Minus one, at this age what is he supposed to know about sex talkless of being perversed
Avedonn:

bluefilm:
Small boy like dis don already sabi poke pesin for nyash?

Tufiakwa.

Uwa mmebi. embarassed
error4040:
So person go wake up one morning say Na to Fvck Nyash and Svck C0ck de sweet am grin

Someone above me:
"No one should be bullied or hated for who or what they
are as long as they're not harming anyone.
Being gay doesn't make him a bad person. There are
tons of "straight" people he's better than. But the
world doesn't seem to care. Sad. Just sad"

Really Neega ??
As long as they're not Harming Anyone ??
Are you Mad ?
For your info Gays are the Reason Human race is facing Extinction.

In the Beginning God created Adam&Eve not Adam&Steve

Mind you I have Zero Sympathy for Gays!

You dumbasses really think you’re better than anyone let alone a gay person? You’re committing the crime of hate

What did they do to you?

6 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Fisiryorh(m): 12:54pm On Apr 23, 2019
Amumaigwe:

Keeper of gate of hell, we have noticed you. However, note that it was not any demon that pushed him to suicide, but perhaps another closet-gay acting holier-than-thou.
yeah...I'm Top & your dad is Bottom.gave him a fuçk this morning but realized his a$s ain't worth it.now you mad I have moved to the next one...#DUMB FUÇK....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Sydney17(m): 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
sanmtiago:
bros e get any day were me and you discuss say I go go heaven??
Currently I no know my stand so just leave me abeg!
Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by SaucyBenks(m): 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2019
unclesoyo:
Students and staff of Huntsville High School, Huntsville, Alabama have been paying tributes to gay boy Nigel Shelby, the 15-year-old high school student who committed suicide last week.

Nigel Shelby reportedly killed himself after being bullied by his schoolmates for being gay.

According to multiple Facebook reports, Nigel Shelby who was a student at Huntsville High School committed suicide on Friday after being bullied relentlessly.

“We were saddened to learn this morning of the death of Nigel Shelby, one of our 9th-grade students. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family during this difficult time,” said the principal of the school.

“We are heartbroken over the death of Nigel Shelby, a 15 year old freshman at Huntsville High School,” Rocket City Pride, the local LGBTQ+ Pride organization said in a statement. “Nigel took his life because he was bullied for being gay. There are no words that can be said to make sense of this devastating news.”

Huntsville High principal, Aaron King addressed the tragic death in a post to parents, writing:

“We were saddened to learn this morning of the death of Nigel Shelby, one of our 9th-grade students. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family during this difficult time.”

Huntsville City Schools Superintendent Christie Finley also addressed it at Monday’s school board meeting, saying:

“I want to take a brief moment to speak about the recent loss of a Huntsville high school student, Nigel Shelby. I spent most of the weekend really processing this loss and I’m sure many of you have as well. And we will for a while to come.

It’s clear to me that the simple word of the golden rule has really become more difficult for many to understand and to practice and it is time as a society to value, respect and uplift one another.”

She added:

“It is time for us to come together. Now is the time for us to teach our children and our students the values of acceptance, kindness, generosity, helpfulness and basically just being a human being.”

A candlelight vigil was held for the late student on Sunday night.

Radio show host Amir Diamond wrote:

I dedicated tonight’s show to Nigel Shelby. He was a 15-year-old boy who committed suicide after being bullied for being gay. I see myself in him. I was also bullied when I was young, because of my sexuality. I made an instagram video last year that discussed my coming out experience, because I wanted kids like Nigel to see me and know that it’s okay to be who they are.

My hope and my prayer is that kids who identify with the LGBTQA community will be able to be stand strong in who they are (despite what anyone else has to say about it).

I hope that the rest of the world supports those who are in the LGBTQA community (even if they don’t understand it). We have to teach the younger generations coming up to love EVERYBODY. You never know what someone’s going through.

Rest In Peace, Nigel.

We now have an angel who we know by name.

-Diamond

https://lailasnews.com/tributes-to-15-year-old-gay-boy-nigel-shelby-who-committed-suicide/

good for him tho.

7 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Fisiryorh(m): 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Just like the demon who pushed you to have premarital sex.
wow...I pray u make heaven coz all the demos u have casted & bound would definitely ripp ur as$ open when you get into hell...dey there dey quote me anyhow... thunder fire the thunder wey go fire you...

1 Like

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2019
Avedonn:

evil? Did his act kill or rob any member of your family? You Cant tolerate gay people but you can tolerate the yahoo boys in your country, you can tolerate those who engage in pre-marital sex and other vices. #liveandletslive

3 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by MillerJnr(m): 1:01pm On Apr 23, 2019
sotall:
15 years old boy and gay?

Na wa ooo

RIP to him

some useless elders in his community introduced it to him, naawa o, so this one for no born?

2 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by HeyCorleone(m): 1:01pm On Apr 23, 2019
Fisiryorh:

wow...I pray u make heaven coz all the demos u have casted & bound would definitely ripp ur as$ open when you get into hell...dey there dey quote me anyhow... thunder fire the thunder wey go fire you...

Lol. You sound grossly illiterate.

I'm only saying you shouldn't be in a hurry to judge when your hands aren't clean. What's so special about homosexuality? Do we feel premarital sex, between male and female, is less of a sin?

2 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 23, 2019
blackslayer:

WHAT DOES IT MATTER OR HOW DOES IT AFFECT YOU THE WAY PEOPLE CHOOSE TO LIVE THEIR LIVES? I'M JUST TRYING TO UNDERSTAND YOUR MIND AND LOGIC IF YOU HAVE ANY? YOU SHOULD NEVER PERSECUTE OTHERS BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE WITH THEIR LIFE STYLE CHOICES. I'M JUST SAYING. ....I DON'T AGREE WITH HOMOSEXUALITY, HOWEVER THIS HAS NO BEARING ON HOW I TREAT THEM. TREAT PEOPLE THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED AND THIS WORLD WILL BE A BETTER PLACE OK?
Most Nigerians have this mindset, anything they Dont agree with is wrong and anything they agree with is right. They Forget that not everyone have same opinion on a particular matter

2 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 23, 2019
Vellichor:

No sane human being will make such an evil comment like yours. I don't believe in the gay lifestyle but bullying and abusing a gay, a child for that matter, to the extent that he becomes depressed and takes his own life, is heartbreaking. If you see nothing wrong with that you need your brain examined.
They claim to be saints yet the attitude they portray speaks otherwise

1 Like

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 23, 2019
D1zion:
You are not God yet you have concluded his destination, why not allow God judge him himself?

1 Like

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Daviddson(m): 1:09pm On Apr 23, 2019
GavelSlam:
Rest in peace man.

If you don't believe there's God or after life, how does this statement make sense to you?

2 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by Fisiryorh(m): 1:10pm On Apr 23, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Lol. You sound grossly illiterate.

I'm only saying you shouldn't be in a hurry to judge when your hands aren't clean. What's so special about homosexuality? Do we feel premarital sex, between male and female, is less of a sin?
you remind me of Patrick in sponge Bob(such a dumb fuçk)...get a life or grow a pu$ßy and Bleep yourself okay.... your choice...

2 Likes

Re: 15-year-old Gay Boy, Nigel Shelby Committed Suicide Over Bullying In US by bigiyaro(m): 1:11pm On Apr 23, 2019
one less psyco! good.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joseph Odok, UNICAL Lecturer Attacked By Cult Boys (Photo) / Missing Kenyan Lady Found In The Mortuary, Had Her Pant Partly Lowered / Man Pays 50k For Tearing Lady’s Pant And Bra Over Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.