Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today (41833 Views)

What My Black Lips Caused Me During An Interview Today / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / I Got A Message For An Interview Today, Check The Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by logan2(m): 1:26pm On Apr 25, 2019
I can't employ a graduate who types shit as the one above

3 Likes

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Dreamz77(m): 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2019
Shukusheka:
For the sake of your potential future interviews, I hope you don't talk the way you write?
not atoll.. Just trying to brief up d whole stuff

2 Likes

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Dreamz77(m): 4:21pm On Apr 25, 2019
samlake:
That's not enough reason to be disqualified... cheer up, what's yours will be yours.
tanxxx
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by abujacomputertu: 4:28pm On Apr 25, 2019
Sorry!!!
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by dannypaul(m): 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2019
logan2:
I can't employ a graduate who types shit as the one above

my friend keep quiet...

he decided to cut short long wordings!!!!

8 Likes

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 25, 2019
You were just not lucky. Naked girls get jobs let alone of button shirt.

3 Likes

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by colestephan86: 7:43pm On Apr 25, 2019
franktolk:
My guy , later in life you will thank God you didn't get the useless job . A place where they can disqualify you for not fully buttoning up to the neck is not a good place to work . Employers like that are users , they are the type that can hire and fire for no good reason .

Better jobs will come ur way by God's Grace , don't just relent you are nearly there.
May God bless you for this

2 Likes

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by tealaw2: 7:43pm On Apr 25, 2019
Nigerian employers and petty minds.

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by WiztaylorDC(m): 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
Wtf because of one button. Bro, that job isn't yours? Hope you didn't abbreviate on your application letter?

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by colestephan86: 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
Dreamz77:
Pls guys let's mind the way we dress when going for interviews.

Went for an interview at grooming micro finance Bank Ojoo (Ibadan). After long waits we were told that two people have been disqualified for the interview already. Little did I know I was the asun "scapegoat".

I had felt a bit uneasy earlier and had released my neck button not knowing the boss there had noted that down" unsmart dress sense"! jeez!! And I had always been soo painstaking about stuff like that especially with tips and experiences from nairalanders...

To Sum it up,I was sent out Cox of da Lil "slumber".was really pissd Cox I had stayed up all 9t practicing interest rates and solvin emergency mathematics. well av learnt my lessons so pls guys not until u get screwed!always b mindful of your appearance Cox u never know,ur village ppl might just be watching
My friend , in the mighty name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, you will get not just a good job but also a job where you will work and be happy. I was in BAT for about 4 years and I pray you get a job in that kind of place.

2 Likes

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by ChykeBivins(m): 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
franktolk:
My guy , later in life you will thank God you didn't get the useless job . A place where they can disqualify you for not fully buttoning up to the neck is not a good place to work . Employers like that are users , they are the type that can hire and fire for no good reason .

Better jobs will come ur way by God's Grace , don't just relent you are nearly there.

Beautifully said
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by asiga(m): 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
tempest01:
What is "Cox"?

May have been the true reason he lost the job.

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Gabson001(m): 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
My pupcy made me understand that whatever is mine wil always be mine, i gues the job wasnt urs.. God has better job in store for u

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Elaric(m): 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
Guy, this is a blessing in disguise. Grooming uses u until u have no savage life in u. They train u to become very arrogant and merciless to get back their money n when e set for u with the client, u are not just on your own only , but u shall be sanctioned. They give with d left n take back with the right hand. Thank ur God in advance for seeing n waving off d disaster ahead.

2 Likes

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Amahzing(m): 7:48pm On Apr 25, 2019
Hmmmmmmm, if only you know what the job you just lost entails you would be happy you lost it
I was once a credit officer for them, had to resign when I saw the hell they gotta go through everyday

3 Likes

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by MEDICPATH(m): 7:48pm On Apr 25, 2019
adaksbullet:
the way u are type his gived me head ake no wonda the md off the company CEO his trow ur appilication letter away

Smh

3 Likes

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 25, 2019
Maybe God just took an unfortunate event/situation off your path. Don't see this as a disappointment, see it as a blessing in disguise. You'll get a better offer very soon. All the best.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Aidejay(m): 7:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
This is just a silly excuse to disqualify people shaaa na Dem get the office
This reminds me of some of the most successful people in the world e.g zukerberg
Always on shirt and black trousers bro, when you get there you can wear anything to work And nobody will do anything about it

2 Likes

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by naijjaman(m): 7:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
shocked
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Samakus(m): 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
Dreamz77:

Went for an interview at grooming micro finance Bank Ojoo (Ibadan). After long waits we were told that two people have been disqualified for the interview already. Little did I know I was the asun "scapegoat".

I had felt a bit uneasy earlier and had released my neck button not knowing the boss there had noted that down" unsmart dress sense"! jeez!! And I had always been soo painstaking about stuff like that especially with tips and experiences from nairalanders...

To Sum it up,I was sent out Cox of da Lil "slumber".was really pissd Cox I had stayed up all 9t practicing interest rates and solvin emergency mathematics. well av learnt my lessons so pls guys not until u get screwed!always b mindful of your appearance Cox u never know,ur village ppl might just be watching

I'm more concerned about the way you write. Those lazy 'shorthand 'you employ in your writings will make you lose opportunities. Better work on it.

You can bash me anyway if you hate corrections.

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 25, 2019
tempest01:
What is "Cox"?

SMH! It might even be the "Cox" that was his undoing and he is blaming an innocent button on his shirt.

2 Likes

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Ayire(m): 7:55pm On Apr 25, 2019
COX? Are you sure you are okay, isn't it better to write "cos" if you really have to abbreviate
Dreamz77:

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Amuocha: 7:55pm On Apr 25, 2019
Useless bank sad

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Samakus(m): 7:55pm On Apr 25, 2019
dannypaul:

my friend keep quiet...

he decided to cut short long wordings!!!!

You're defending nonsense. How come all his replies to people's comments were written in the same way? He better work on that use of shorthand. It's plain annoying to see
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by AZeD1(m): 7:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
Dreamz77:
not atoll.. Just trying to brief up d whole stuff
In communication, clarity is more important than brevity trying to be brief.

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by henryhemon(m): 8:00pm On Apr 25, 2019
franktolk:

Guy chop knuckle.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by LeonMacJames(m): 8:00pm On Apr 25, 2019
Guest007:
It's a silly lesson to learn but I trust you've learnt it?

First impressions count...

One company I went for an interview at (this is back in the days- they don't do that now) Put drinks and snacks out and if you helped yourself, they would mark your register.

Companies use psychology to try and understand you because they don't have the power to get to know you.

This particular shit is Nonsense eh grin cos I know I will chop snacks...
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by SarkinYarki: 8:01pm On Apr 25, 2019
So you want to work for someone with such bad written grammar
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 25, 2019
doctorgold:
Typical Nigerian employers be acting like God cos they think your existence depends on their job.
Was interviewing with a company a while back and the interviewer asked me what I was hoping to earn. I told him 180k and the next question he asked me is how much will transport you from your house to this office. In my head, I was like ewo lo Shi. I am an experienced hire and not a fresh graduate. If you dey find person dey you go calculate his transport fare, go look for interns.
cheesy cheesy cheesy hahahahahha ewo lo shi for real!
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by henryhemon(m): 8:10pm On Apr 25, 2019
Guest007:
It's a silly lesson to learn but I trust you've learnt it?

First impressions count...

One company I went for an interview at (this is back in the days- they don't do that now) Put drinks and snacks out and if you helped yourself, they would mark your register.

Companies use psychology to try and understand you because they don't have the power to get to know you.

I see Nigerians have become slaves because of jobs. I pray you work in a place where life isn't made to be that hard..
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by kunmiiii: 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2019
Even the employer might have dodged a bullet...can't imagine having an educated Adult that still types like this in 2019 on Payroll
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Bigcake: 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2019
tempest01:
What is "Cox"?

Name of condom

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 / 2016 Police Recruitment: Pray Hard If You're In This Group / Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.