Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today (41839 Views)

What My Black Lips Caused Me During An Interview Today / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / I Got A Message For An Interview Today, Check The Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Chillext(m): 6:28am On Apr 26, 2019
Dreamz77:
Pls guys let's mind the way we dress when going for interviews.

Went for an interview at grooming micro finance Bank Ojoo (Ibadan). After long waits we were told that two people have been disqualified for the interview already. Little did I know I was the asun "scapegoat".

I had felt a bit uneasy earlier and had released my neck button not knowing the boss there had noted that down" unsmart dress sense"! jeez!! And I had always been soo painstaking about stuff like that especially with tips and experiences from nairalanders...

To Sum it up,I was sent out Cox of da Lil "slumber".was really pissd Cox I had stayed up all 9t practicing interest rates and solvin emergency mathematics. well av learnt my lessons so pls guys not until u get screwed!always b mindful of your appearance Cox u never know,ur village ppl might just be watching
Grooming is not an MFB yet, still NGO
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 26, 2019
adaksbullet:
the way u are type his gived me head ake no wonda the md off the company CEO his trow ur appilication letter away
Lmao �
Like the way you do is any better
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by SirElaw(m): 7:58am On Apr 26, 2019
franktolk:
My guy , later in life you will thank God you didn't get the useless job . A place where they can disqualify you for not fully buttoning up to the neck is not a good place to work . Employers like that are users , they are the type that can hire and fire for no good reason .

Better jobs will come ur way by God's Grace , don't just relent you are nearly there.

1148; highest liked comment I’ve seen in NL and its every one of those likes. Damn, I’ll like thrice if I could.

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Psoul(m): 8:21am On Apr 26, 2019
Useless job, useless interviewer and useless management team.

These employers will be acting God all the time cos there is limited job in the country. Silly ppl.

I went for one job interview like that. Omo come see question paper. Even Masters Degree Exams is a learner compare to the exam they gave.

After the exam, out of over 100 candidates that sat for the exam only about 18 were invited for oral interview.
Omo come see oral interview.

Wen I went home, I was even hoping that anyone successful in getting this job would get official car and other high profile fringe benefits.

I and one other guy were "fortunate" to get this job.
We were invited to One week training and medical test.
To my utmost surprise, after the training, our appointment letters were given to two of us. Can u imagine that what they stated as our salaries is below what I make from the petty biz I was doing den.
I was so mad. After all the whole time I wasted writing exams, going for chronic oral interview and training.

I went home and wrote to them that I can't accept the job offer cos what they want to offer as salary is far below what I can take.

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by sprints1: 8:33am On Apr 26, 2019
flourishing247:

Please I'm talking about the ones guys slim on their own. Then it hangs slightly above the ankle. He wore coloured socks , black shoes plus tie. He was looking very unserious. This was in a top secondary school.
dont support the coloured socks which makes him look causual there is nothing bad putting on a crop trouser..it makes u look different...infact it is very OK and allowed

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by sprints1: 8:43am On Apr 26, 2019
excessmon:
What kind of job did you get that way young man?if you want a good job young man packaging is key........packaging involves good dress sense,smelling well,clean and well trimmed haircut.....
Let me enlighten you a bit...there's no region in Nigeria that the men packages better than the Hausa men...go to the north and see their well ironed baba Riga's....
Lastly...stop confusing people with the recipe of getting a job that can't afford gokada for a month......
look at this one... Packaging is key i know what is the essence of dressing well and what comes out of your mouth is trash and poor grammar...my dear...u need to see beyond where u are there are a lot of people out there who pay little attention to dressing but what they offer to the organization is far more better than dressing...be using packaging as an excuse...its just like wooing a girl u think dressing is the primary key but na wetin the bobo carry for hand and for head and btw legs... Meeting point is very important am not saying u shouldnt dress well but that is not a top priority
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by nathpope(m): 9:43am On Apr 26, 2019
@op....

the position you seek already had an elected candidate.
you were just a make up...
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by fellownigerianz(m): 9:46am On Apr 26, 2019
Dreamz77:

Went for an interview at grooming micro finance Bank Ojoo (Ibadan). After long waits we were told that two people have been disqualified for the interview already. Little did I know I was the asun "scapegoat".

I had felt a bit uneasy earlier and had released my neck button not knowing the boss there had noted that down" unsmart dress sense"! jeez!! And I had always been soo painstaking about stuff like that especially with tips and experiences from nairalanders...

To Sum it up,I was sent out Cox of da Lil "slumber".was really pissd Cox [/b]I had stayed up all 9t practicing interest rates and solvin emergency mathematics. well av learnt my lessons so pls guys not until u get screwed!always b mindful of your appearance [b]Cox u never know,ur village ppl might just be watching

For someone still trying to get a job; I will suggest you should be diligent and attentive in both your dress sense and written communication. Your usage of unnecessary abbreviations and cropped words are alarming!
I wish you best of luck in your next interview.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Gbengageorge: 10:15am On Apr 26, 2019
Very useless job, go and watch "In search of Hapiness" and you will know that its only useless jobs and unintelligent interviewer that does such a thing.

What really matters is what you are bringing to the table, not how you are dressed. Have you seen any man that eats bread cover with bread, no matter how fanciful the package is.

Dreamz77:

To Sum it up,I was sent out Cox of da Lil "slumber".was really pissd Cox I had stayed up all 9t practicing interest rates and solvin emergency mathematics. well av learnt my lessons so pls guys not until u get screwed!always b mindful of your appearance Cox u never know,ur village ppl might just be watching

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by robosky02(m): 10:17am On Apr 26, 2019
franktolk:
My guy , later in life you will thank God you didn't get the useless job . A place where they can disqualify you for not fully buttoning up to the neck is not a good place to work . Employers like that are users , they are the type that can hire and fire for no good reason .

Better jobs will come ur way by God's Grace , don't just relent you are nearly there.

Its important we pay attention to detail

Everything matters in the school of excellence
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by olumalcolm(m): 10:22am On Apr 26, 2019
adaksbullet:
the way u are type his gived me head ake no wonda the md off the company CEO his trow ur appilication letter away
Jesu
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Dajuyoung: 10:24am On Apr 26, 2019
you lose the job, not your self esteem. What if you choke to death nko?
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by IFFYBOSS(m): 11:28am On Apr 26, 2019
franktolk:

very correct bro, a place like that they will just frustrate you, the job was never use not because you are not good,its just they dont see the value in you, yes dressing smart is good , but dressing doesn't define an entire person talk less of one single button left. let it be it was a fine curvy lady now that unbuttoned and left cleavage baring now they will be smiling and wont complain.

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by amiskurie(m): 1:13pm On Apr 27, 2019
franktolk:

Guy,no micro finance bank pays better than grooming in Nigeria.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by seyema(m): 10:23pm On Apr 28, 2019
I don't know why everyone is calling it a useless job because I know someone working with them and he's really spending
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Slimsly100(f): 7:46pm On May 01, 2019
MoonWater:
have you considered if he had a better trousers he would have worn it to the interview?

Remain blessed dear. I almost wanted to ask this but I decided to lipsrsealed
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Slimsly100(f): 7:52pm On May 01, 2019
Martinez39:
You mean they would disqualify you for eating the food they presented to you? undecided

Yes o. In a particular case, when the so called refreshments were presented to the job hunters, a guy took a bottle of fanta and some pie while the other took a bottle of water, the former was told to go home as he would run down the company with his greed. The one who took water was employed.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Martinez39(m): 8:10pm On May 01, 2019
Slimsly100:

Yes o. In a particular case, when the so called refreshments were presented to the job hunters, a guy took a bottle of fanta and some pie while the other took a bottle of water, the former was told to go home as he would run down the company with his greed. The one who took water was employed.
That's just unreasonable.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Emma1Oj(m): 8:05am On May 02, 2019
MoonWater:
have you considered if he had a better trousers he would have worn it to the interview?
I don't even bother looking at anyone twice even if the person dressed well or not during interview because no-one intentionally want to look bad, is what they have that's what they wore. if the job is yours even if you wear slippers go there without connection you will still get the job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 / 2016 Police Recruitment: Pray Hard If You're In This Group / Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.