Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,212 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today (41835 Views)

What My Black Lips Caused Me During An Interview Today / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / I Got A Message For An Interview Today, Check The Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by kalvoken(m): 9:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
erico2k2:

Nah that's cool, I was only re-echoing what you said! Nothing spoil. I just dey observe people demonstrating ITK

You do.well
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Gandollar(f): 9:23pm On Apr 25, 2019
kalvoken:

Oga its spelt 'cause and not cause. One has an apostrophe before the C.
You are right. But in the light of the foregoing, the OP would be the last person to do all that. He could have just used "cos"
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Ishilove: 9:26pm On Apr 25, 2019
Dreamz77:
Pls guys let's mind the way we dress when going for interviews.

Went for an interview at grooming micro finance Bank Ojoo (Ibadan). After long waits we were told that two people have been disqualified for the interview already. Little did I know I was the asun "scapegoat".

I had felt a bit uneasy earlier and had released my neck button not knowing the boss there had noted that down" unsmart dress sense"! jeez!! And I had always been soo painstaking about stuff like that especially with tips and experiences from nairalanders...

To Sum it up,I was sent out Cox of da Lil "slumber".was really pissd Cox I had stayed up all 9t practicing interest rates and solvin emergency mathematics. well av learnt my lessons so pls guys not until u get screwed!always b mindful of your appearance Cox u never know,ur village ppl might just be watching
How hard is it to write 'because'?

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 25, 2019
I’ll prolly never get a job grin
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by missyb08(f): 9:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
The reason is petty please. Be glad you didn't get to work there. They'll just be using you.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by sprints1: 9:41pm On Apr 25, 2019
Guest007:
It's a silly lesson to learn but I trust you've learnt it?

First impressions count...

One company I went for an interview at (this is back in the days- they don't do that now) Put drinks and snacks out and if you helped yourself, they would mark your register.

Companies use psychology to try and understand you because they don't have the power to get to know you.
Nigerian man mentality first impression counts that's why we are backward

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by sprints1: 9:43pm On Apr 25, 2019
flourishing247:
Young graduates should learn to dress well. I've seen a guy wearing this slim and hanging trousers to an interview. He had the guts to use a tie!!!! He was looking like one irresponsible fellow. I mean this is a job that the starting salary is 150k !!!!! Invest in dressing simple.
that is what i wear they complain but still dont give a damn if they unsatified they should show me the exit door am a slim guy u dont expect me to wear big trousers plus what is bad there putting on a crop trouser to the office...
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 25, 2019
Why taking it to spiritual level??
Even some interview msg would state that u should be corporately/properly dressed. Its a simple sometin.
U can't dress like a tout (rough) in a corporate organization and expect dem to employ u. For real u r disqualified already.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by tunize(m): 9:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
MoonWater:
have you considered if he had a better trousers he would have worn it to the interview?
that one join but is not an excuse him for look for good trouser. for this life yes sir nor dey kill person. anyhow dey want u to dress during interview bro is good u obey, then after the job dress anyhow u want.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
sprints1:
[s]Nigerian man mentality first impression counts that's why we are backward[/s]

I am none of the above.

And a man with his top botton untied and his tie is a mess...

I can bet you don't even bath before an interview. When something means something to me, I pull out all the stops (get my makeup down at mac, and buy an item).

Pulling out all the stops and dropping the ball don't mix. It can happen, and adults take their L, and are humble. IMO.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by sprints1: 10:00pm On Apr 25, 2019
Guest007:

I am none of the above.

And a man with his top botton untied and his tie is a mess...

I can bet you don't even bath before an interview. When something means something to me, I pull out all the stops (get my makeup down at mac, and buy an item).

Pulling out all the stops and dropping the ball don't mix. It can happen, and adults take their L, and are humble. IMO.
yes did an interview before that i did not bath before going and still got the job...if u think dressing is key landing u a job my sister u are backward... What actually gives u an edge is ur manner of speech and what u have upstairs...mschew....i met a man in the north so rough and unkept but what came out the man' mouth left me amazed and was engrossed...imagine someone in rural village speaking good English... Sis u need to face reality...people like richard branson mark zukerberg billgates dont even dress well but what have loaded upstairs is better than tbose who wear suits upandan in the sun all in the name of dressing well...do
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 25, 2019
sprints1:
yes did an interview before that i did not bath before going and still got the job.. if u think dressing is key landing u a job my sister u are backward... What actually gives u an edge is ur manner of speech and what u have upstairs...mschew....i met a man in the north so rough and unkept but what came out the man' mouth left me amazed and was engrossed...imagine someone in rural village speaking good English... Sis u need to face reality...people like richard branson mark zukerberg billgates dont even dress well but what have loaded upstairs is better than tbose who wear suits upandan in the sun all in the name of dressing well...do

I never said the bolded, and I never argued the rest... I don't have energy for many words, please hold on to this for me, K

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Codes151(m): 10:20pm On Apr 25, 2019
Guy, you were never on the list! You were one of the formality!!!

Due process to carry who they want!! Even Oil company Dey do am!! (2019) nationwide recruitments....

Be glad you didn’t take flight there!
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Femeto: 10:23pm On Apr 25, 2019
franktolk:
My guy , later in life you will thank God you didn't get the useless job . A place where they can disqualify you for not fully buttoning up to the neck is not a good place to work . Employers like that are users , they are the type that can hire and fire for no good reason .

Better jobs will come ur way by God's Grace , don't just relent you are nearly there.
Dey don't provide a conducive environment but the want you to perform.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by asiga(m): 10:24pm On Apr 25, 2019
erico2k2:

Nah nah, Nah why did you not reason the same for OP You come dey show yourself here like say nah U sabi pass??
Now wey I xpose ur silliness you dey form loyal!

Mr "silliness exposer" can you now tell me what was wrong with my sentence?

Make you no dey feel like say because I no wan join you for argument you just wan form English master.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by erico2k2(m): 10:29pm On Apr 25, 2019
asiga:

Mr "silliness exposer" can you now tell me what was wrong with my sentence?

Make you no dey feel like say because I no wan join you for argument you just wan form English master.
WOW, your case is even worse than that which I was anticipating. You still cannot see what was wrong with what you wrote up there, seriously?
I ain't even talking about spelling but your grammar. angry
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by excessmon(m): 10:29pm On Apr 25, 2019
My friendship...how old are you and what's your experience in the cooperate world.....instead of learning from what the op typed ....the only thing u were concerned about is getting likes.....

Go to any cooperate organization... All their staff are ambassadors talk less of a bank...

@op I will like to ask....did they tell you the reason for your disqualification?... So you won't be fighting a wrong battle sir...

Thanks
franktolk:
My guy , later in life you will thank God you didn't get the useless job . A place where they can disqualify you for not fully buttoning up to the neck is not a good place to work . Employers like that are users , they are the type that can hire and fire for no good reason .

Better jobs will come ur way by God's Grace , don't just relent you are nearly there.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Platony(m): 10:30pm On Apr 25, 2019
I keep telling people, work hard & be ur own boss.

Its better,... Even if its a business, if well handled, u'll even be richer than the MD of dat micro finance bank.

Go to Onitsha & Aba mk u see small small boys wey get up to 10 15 shops making hundreds of thousands daily.

Anyways, I am simply enjoying my Bossmanship. Never for a day have I gone out wit my CV to look for any job because i started my hustling way back in school before leaving school, how much them wan pay me na?? Can they pay me 300k monthly?? & Na so dem go stil use workload finish u.

When I see graduates earn 20k monthly, I weep. How do they even cope with that?? I see them as lazy if not, they should rather focus on business.

Well sha,..To God be d glory!! Better jobs awaits u bro. wink

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by excessmon(m): 10:38pm On Apr 25, 2019
What kind of job did you get that way young man?if you want a good job young man packaging is key........packaging involves good dress sense,smelling well,clean and well trimmed haircut.....
Let me enlighten you a bit...there's no region in Nigeria that the men packages better than the Hausa men...go to the north and see their well ironed baba Riga's....
Lastly...stop confusing people with the recipe of getting a job that can't afford gokada for a month......
sprints1:
yes did an interview before that i did not bath before going and still got the job...if u think dressing is key landing u a job my sister u are backward... What actually gives u an edge is ur manner of speech and what u have upstairs...mschew....i met a man in the north so rough and unkept but what came out the man' mouth left me amazed and was engrossed...imagine someone in rural village speaking good English... Sis u need to face reality...people like richard branson mark zukerberg billgates dont even dress well but what have loaded upstairs is better than tbose who wear suits upandan in the sun all in the name of dressing well...do
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by logan2(m): 10:39pm On Apr 25, 2019
dannypaul:

my friend keep quiet...

he decided to cut short long wordings!!!!
taaah ,, shattap Dia, lie . Dude is unorganised, tell him the truth,if you are a potential employer on NL, you see this almost unintelligible write up. How can you employ such person ,who doesn't care what he writes on a public forum that abunds opportunities..

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Bullhari: 10:59pm On Apr 25, 2019
Dreamz77:

Went for an interview at grooming micro finance Bank Ojoo (Ibadan). After long waits we were told that two people have been disqualified for the interview already. Little did I know I was the asun "scapegoat".

I had felt a bit uneasy earlier and had released my neck button not knowing the boss there had noted that down" unsmart dress sense"! jeez!! And I had always been soo painstaking about stuff like that especially with tips and experiences from nairalanders...

To Sum it up,I was sent out Cox of da Lil "slumber".was really pissd Cox I had stayed up all 9t practicing interest rates and solvin emergency mathematics. well av learnt my lessons so pls guys not until u get screwed!always b mindful of your appearance Cox u never know,ur village ppl might just be watching

Aswear you just finished service. And this is you first time so you dey shy.

Guy, be bold and sung out loud. God just saved your ass.

dem get AC na him you come dey open button?

las las, na marketing job you dodge so.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Ifebazz(m): 11:00pm On Apr 25, 2019
Dreamz77:

With all these 'coxes' and 'das' etc, you don't even need your village people to be watching you. You have probably done their job or made it a lot easier..
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by lilyheaven: 11:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
Guest007:

One company I went for an interview at (this is back in the days- they don't do that now) Put drinks and snacks out and if you helped yourself, they would mark your register.

Companies use psychology to try and understand you because they don't have the power to get to know you.
Mark register , how?
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by goat22: 11:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
flourishing247:

He should have borrowed one. There is no excuse for untidy dressing!!!!

Guy the sound is terminal substance!!!!
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by flourishing247: 11:53pm On Apr 25, 2019
sprints1:
that is what i wear they complain but still dont give a damn if they unsatified they should show me the exit door am a slim guy u dont expect me to wear big trousers plus what is bad there putting on a crop trouser to the office...

Please I'm talking about the ones guys slim on their own. Then it hangs slightly above the ankle. He wore coloured socks , black shoes plus tie. He was looking very unserious. This was in a top secondary school.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by datigbogirl: 1:51am On Apr 26, 2019
Guest007:

Mark register like how? Will they disqualify the person?
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by datigbogirl: 1:52am On Apr 26, 2019
Dreamz77:

And if you continue with this your "Cox" English, you're in for more shockers in the future.

No be curse, na advice...
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Burgerlomo: 1:53am On Apr 26, 2019
franktolk:

God bless you bro. cool
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by MoonWater: 2:14am On Apr 26, 2019
flourishing247:

He should have borrowed one. There is no excuse for untidy dressing!!!!
that's true. He could have borrowed one tho.
His dressing could even be used to judge his psychological well-being.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by memyselfni555: 6:09am On Apr 26, 2019
Good morning! Please who is familiar with sales force interview in Onitsha. I was invited for interview but I don't know what to expect. Any clue please
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by asiga(m): 6:27am On Apr 26, 2019
erico2k2:

WOW, your case is even worse than that which I was anticipating. You still cannot see what was wrong with what you wrote up there, seriously?
I ain't even talking about spelling but your grammar. angry

Don't try to be smart and make a fool of yourself

Can you tell me what is wrong with my grammar?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 / 2016 Police Recruitment: Pray Hard If You're In This Group / Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.