Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,410 members, 7,958,202 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:42 AM

How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today (42066 Views)

I Missed An Online Interview Today / What My Black Lips Caused Me During An Interview Today / I Got A Message For An Interview Today, Check The Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Gandollar(f): 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2019
colestephan86:

My friend , in the mighty name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, you will get not just a good job but also a job where you will work and be happy. I was in BAT for about 4 years and I pray you get a job in that kind of place.
You were in BAT? Wow! I was too at a time though not for long before I moved on. Was TMR in Benin City.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by kapelvej: 8:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
Dreamz77:
Pls guys let's mind the way we dress when going for interviews.

Went for an interview at grooming micro finance Bank Ojoo (Ibadan). After long waits we were told that two people have been disqualified for the interview already. Little did I know I was the asun "scapegoat".

I had felt a bit uneasy earlier and had released my neck button not knowing the boss there had noted that down" unsmart dress sense"! jeez!! And I had always been soo painstaking about stuff like that especially with tips and experiences from nairalanders...

To Sum it up,I was sent out Cox of da Lil "slumber".was really pissd Cox I had stayed up all 9t practicing interest rates and solvin emergency mathematics. well av learnt my lessons so pls guys not until u get screwed!always b mindful of your appearance Cox u never know,ur village ppl might just be watching
I remember as new doctors when we went to zaria for interview. All the doctors from south were a in suit while most nothern doctors dressed casual

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by kalvoken(m): 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
dannypaul:

my friend keep quiet...

he decided to cut short long wordings!!!!

You keep quiet instead!

Let's call a spade a spade.
Haba! What is wrong with we Nigerians? Someone made a mistake and was corrected, you decided to be the typical Nigerian by taking agbo-dol on his behalf.

Is there no better way to shorten "because" other than cox? What happened to 'cause?

2 Likes

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Estherosev2(f): 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
leonard002:
Cycloxygenase
lmao
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by colestephan86: 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
Gandollar:
You were in BAT? Wow! I was too at a time though not for long before I moved on. Was TMR in Benin City.
Yeah, did my IT there and after graduation I was there for 4 years the IT department.

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Gandollar(f): 8:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
colestephan86:

Yeah, did my IT there and after graduation I was there for 4 years the IT department.
Nice one. We were in Trade marketing where the fun was. grin
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by dannypaul(m): 8:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
kalvoken:

You keep quiet instead!

Haba! What is wrong with we Nigerians? Someone made a mistake and was corrected, you decided to be the typical Nigerian by taking agbo-dol on his behalf.

Is there no better way to shorten "because" other than cox? What happened to 'cause?

ohhh but u understood "cux" meant "because"?

are you aware "cause" means another thing too?

get my point. as long as u understood the message then hold ur peace!!!
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Originalsly: 8:18pm On Apr 25, 2019
Did they say why you were disqualified?...that it was because of the loose button?...or you jumped to that conclusion? You should've asked. It is more likely they found your CV not credible .... so they knew upfront... button all the way up with even tie/bowtie or not...... you were out. If you insist it was the dressing... then maybe it had nothing to do with the shirt... but with the neon green trousers... or sandals.....inappropriate for that kind job.

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by bluefilm: 8:19pm On Apr 25, 2019
Forget that thing.

Button ko, button ni.

Whosai?

You no qualify be say you no qualify.

If na me, with my supercomputer brain, any interview wey I go, na must dem go accept me... even if I dey nakëd.

Sadly, I don't have a job mentality.

Self employment through entrepreneurship has a sweeter appeal for me.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by colestephan86: 8:20pm On Apr 25, 2019
Gandollar:
Nice one. We were in Trade marketing where the fun was. grin
It's cool there , you guys have to drive around in your Hilux and your created BAT shirts. The real enjoyment was in Idowu Taylor.

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by naturefellow(m): 8:22pm On Apr 25, 2019
tempest01:
What is "Cox"?
thought I was the only one that noticed that annoying abbreviation. That would be the reason he'll be disqualified in his next interview if he's not cautious.

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by dyangprof(m): 8:26pm On Apr 25, 2019
franktolk:
My guy , later in life you will thank God you didn't get the useless job . A place where they can disqualify you for not fully buttoning up to the neck is not a good place to work . Employers like that are users , they are the type that can hire and fire for no good reason .

Better jobs will come ur way by God's Grace , don't just relent you are nearly there.

Oga, you are very 100% correct

I am an experienced HR personnel. No good Organisation will disqualified applicants in such way

*Any company wey fit disqualified anyone like dat na Yeye carrier killing firm*

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by erico2k2(m): 8:27pm On Apr 25, 2019
Dreamz77:
Pls guys let's mind the way we dress when going for interviews.

Went for an interview at grooming micro finance Bank Ojoo (Ibadan). After long waits we were told that two people have been disqualified for the interview already. Little did I know I was the asun "scapegoat".

I had felt a bit uneasy earlier and had released my neck button not knowing the boss there had noted that down" unsmart dress sense"! jeez!! And I had always been soo painstaking about stuff like that especially with tips and experiences from nairalanders...

To Sum it up,I was sent out Cox of da Lil "slumber".was really pissd Cox I had stayed up all 9t practicing interest rates and solvin emergency mathematics. well av learnt my lessons so pls guys not until u get screwed!always b mindful of your appearance Cox u never know,ur village ppl might just be watching
Seriously?Go and give thanks to God cos he just saved you a whole load of headache
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Gandollar(f): 8:32pm On Apr 25, 2019
colestephan86:

It's cool there , you guys have to drive around in your Hilux and your created BAT shirts. The real enjoyment was in Idowu Taylor.
Naaa.. I had Toyota Condor, some had Renault Kangoo while others had 306 peogeut. I saw a few guys with the hiluxes tho grin. The BAT shirts were optional though most of them really were very cool and a a joy to wear.

Now compare BATs mode of employment to what the OP had to go through, world's apart you'd say.

It's good to be where you can work and enjoy.

3 Likes

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
franktolk:
My guy , later in life you will thank God you didn't get the useless job . A place where they can disqualify you for not fully buttoning up to the neck is not a good place to work . Employers like that are users , they are the type that can hire and fire for no good reason .

Better jobs will come ur way by God's Grace , don't just relent you are nearly there.
infact you are a sweet darling for this comment, I do tell people, slavery in disguise is so called job. Everyone have great ideas, but the fear of unknown kills such idea from people. Imagine company who wants to pay #35k are disqualify someone with multi million dollars idea.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by colestephan86: 8:37pm On Apr 25, 2019
Gandollar:
Naaa.. I had Toyota Condor, some had Renault Kangoo while others had 306 peogeut. I saw a few guys with the hiluxes tho grin. The BAT shirts were optional though most of them really were very cool and a a joy to wear.

Now compare BATs mode of employment to what the OP had to go through, world's apart you'd say.

It's good to be where you can work and enjoy.
Not world's but planets apart,

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Gandollar(f): 8:37pm On Apr 25, 2019
kalvoken:

You keep quiet instead!

The point is that most people especially our young people don't know how else to write these days. It's so annoying. The OP is guilty as charged. Imagine coming here to write for an international audience and then writing the way he did as if Writing to his lover. I call it mental laziness.

3 Likes

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by erico2k2(m): 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2019
asiga:

May have been the true reason he lost the job.
Like seriously? And you think you wrote a sentence above right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by kalvoken(m): 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2019
Gandollar:
The point is that most people especially our young people don't know how else to write these days. It's so annoying. The OP is guilty as charged. Imagine coming here to write for an international audience and then writing the way he did as if Writing to his lover. I call it mental laziness.

What are other meanings of 'cause' Mr?
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by erico2k2(m): 8:43pm On Apr 25, 2019
kalvoken:

You keep quiet instead!

You see you lot are extreme in ur left thinking, what is***[/b]What is wrong with we Nigerians [b]?
How is that remotely a correct phrase or sentence? and here you are trying to correct a person that was just text typing.
Look from OP, Information was passed and message received end of!
All this plenty ITK una dey show here nor fit boil beans or remove money from ATM!

1 Like

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by erico2k2(m): 8:44pm On Apr 25, 2019
kalvoken:

I don't even know how one cant substitute cause for because.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by asiga(m): 8:44pm On Apr 25, 2019
erico2k2:

Like seriously? And you think you wrote a sentence above right?

Just get the message and move on.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Bbbwings: 8:45pm On Apr 25, 2019
leonard002:
Cycloxygenase
cheesy
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Bamz(m): 8:48pm On Apr 25, 2019
tempest01:
What is "Cox"?

noun
a coxswain, especially of a racing boat.

verb
act as a coxswain for (a racing boat or crew).
"the winning eight was coxed by a woma

2 Likes

Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Gandollar(f): 8:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
kalvoken:

I don't know why you ask though. But if he had to abbreviate "because", the best would be to use "cos".
Using "Cox" smacks of unseriousness and laziness on his part and is effiminate grin . Laziness caused by Twitter and SMS.

But to answer your question, "Cause" according to a short Google search means "source or reason". Reason as in the reason why something happened or the source through which something came to be.

I'm Lady Gandollar grin
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by ultimate77(m): 8:55pm On Apr 25, 2019
adaksbullet:
the way u are type his gived me head ake no wonda the md off the company CEO his trow ur appilication letter away
Thank you and God bless you for this. I wanted to write a long epistle to lash him. The level of his ignorance is just unbearable. He can't just type reasonable. Rubbish!
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by erico2k2(m): 8:59pm On Apr 25, 2019
asiga:

Just get the message and move on.
Nah nah, Nah why did you not reason the same for OP You come dey show yourself here like say nah U sabi pass??
Now wey I xpose ur silliness you dey form loyal!
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by kalvoken(m): 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
Gandollar:
I don't know why you ask though. But if he had to abbreviate "because", the best would be to use "cos".
Using "Cox" smacks of unseriousness and laziness on his part and is effiminate grin . Laziness caused by Twitter and SMS.

But to answer your question, "Cause" according to a short Google search means "source or reason". Reason as in the reason why something happened or the source through which something came to be.

I'm Lady Gandollar grin

Oga its spelt 'cause and not cause. One has an apostrophe before the C.
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by kalvoken(m): 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2019
erico2k2:

I don't even know how one cant substitute cause for because.

Oga don't be annoyed. You I couldn't get the point you were trying to make. Maybe because you made none after all
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by erico2k2(m): 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
kalvoken:

Oga don't be annoyed. You I couldn't get the point you were trying to make. Maybe because you made none after all
Nah that's cool, I was only re-echoing what you said! Nothing spoil. I just dey observe people demonstrating ITK
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by erico2k2(m): 9:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
kalvoken:

Oga its spelt 'cause and not cause. One has an apostrophe before the C.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today by Nwiboko26(f): 9:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
franktolk:

u just said my mind.when d right job comes,protocols will be broken.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! / Dragnet Aptitude Test For Nigerian Bottling Company / 2016 Police Recruitment: Pray Hard If You're In This Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.