Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,388 members, 7,954,567 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:35 PM

Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria (33601 Views)

Pictures Of Coconut Oil Refinery in Akwa Ibom / Falana: It Is A Shame Dangote Could Build Refinery But FG Couldn't / Innoson: Dangote Cannot Build Refinery Without Assurance Of Oil Well From Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by grandstar(m): 8:30am On Apr 26, 2019
obailala:
I have nothing against Dangote. He's currently the smartest and luckiest businessman in Nigeria today. And you're right, when he's done with his current set of ambitious mega projects (refinery, fertiliser and petrochemical plants and subsea gas pipeline), not only would he hit the Forbes top 10, he would also inject the much elusive life back into Nigeria's economy.

Inject the much needed life? I very much doubt it

Nigeria probably needs close to triple of what he is investing in foreign investment yearly to make really impactful change.

What I like about this project is that for the first time, he is investing in a sector the country has comparative advantage in .

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by AroleOduduwa2: 8:58am On Apr 26, 2019
MIKOLOWISKA:
you prefer importIng abi

I am worried about dining with the Saudi’s, they are a known traitor, I wonder why the sell out are hell bent on Nigeria
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by lavenjcrown(m): 9:06am On Apr 26, 2019
International passport - Malaysia... sigh.
Esseite:
And here they are again to dominate a vital market again and repatriate proceeds to their countries.

Shopping - South Africa, lebanese
Real estate - chagouri brothers
Telecoms - South Africa, middle east, Indians
Automobile - Chinese, German, American
Clothing - Italian, Chinese, Turkey, dubai
Airport - Chinese
Rail - Chinese
Crude oil - American

Now refinery - Saudi Arabia is coming...

WHO CURSED YOU NIGERIA.

Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by passyhansome(m): 11:07am On Apr 26, 2019
MIKOLOWISKA:
hope you know you are one of those failed leaders

My post is not for people that have low IQ
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by obailala(m): 12:28pm On Apr 26, 2019
grandstar:

Inject the much needed life? I very much doubt it

Nigeria probably needs close to triple of what he is investing in foreign investment yearly to make really impactful change.

What I like about this project is that for the first time, he is investing in a sector the country has comparative advantage in .
If Dangote's refinery is ramped up to full capacity, together with the one or two modular refineries springing up currently, and the NNPC refineries working at just 5-10% capacity, Nigeria can comfortably kiss petroleum products import goodbye. Petroleum product importation currentlg accounts for up to 60% of Nigeria's total forex demand. You can never overemphasize the effect on the exchange rate and the economy at large should Nigeria stop importing petrol.
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by grandstar(m): 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2019
obailala:
If Dangote's refinery is ramped up to full capacity, together with the one or two modular refineries springing up currently, and the NNPC refineries working at just 5-10% capacity, Nigeria can comfortably kiss petroleum products import goodbye. Petroleum product importation currentlg accounts for up to 60% of Nigeria's total forex demand. You can never overemphasize the effect on the exchange rate and the economy at large should Nigeria stop importing petrol.

I doubt it gulps up to 60% of foreign exchange
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by ransomed: 2:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
mvem:
..so tell me despite this, USA is very close to Saudi Arabia and trump government so much loves them...there is no Arabic on the naira note, its called ajami..and it has been there before you were born ....same with your other insinuations...you have a bank and an account, has anyone forced you to do Islamic banking which is literally non-interest banking... Has anyone made you in any way through persuasion or intimidation not to go to church or worship in your own way. Has anyone forcibly tried to convert you to islam.... Who is Islamizing you, who has been islamized...let me ask you, do you see any wrong in christainization and why?..if you think through delusion that someone is trying to islamize you then do otherwise...moreover there are a lot of indigenous Christians in the core north through christainization...for my first point...why is USA who fights terrorism having so much romance with Saudi who you claim promotes terrorism ...why recently Israel has aligned itself more to Saudi against Iran, same as USA....just spend more time researching yourself than believing conspiracy theories that promotes your sentiments and bias
....Trump is supporting Saudi because of economic benefits. They buy oil from Saudi and sell weapons to Saudi and they in turn use the weapons on innocent Yemenis. Ajami is a version of Arabic language and it is not our official language . You might be blind to the truth but you cannot denied the facts I earlier stated.
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by duncun: 2:45pm On Apr 26, 2019
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by mvem(m): 2:45pm On Apr 26, 2019
ransomed:
....Trump is supporting Saudi because of economic benefits. They buy oil from Saudi and sell weapons to Saudi and they in turn use the weapons on innocent Yemenis. Ajami is a version of Arabic language and it is not our official language . You might be blind to the truth but you cannot denied the facts I earlier stated.
..so US is a hypocrite then...they know what the Saudi do with the weapons but they don't care as far as it involves money....English,Spanish,Italian etc are all Latin languages. Does it make them similar languages or the same as Latin?....moreover the Arabic you fear is very similar to Hebrew and the Aramaic Jesus spoke ...Infact Aramaic is a sister language to both Arabic and Hebrew...Go and get the old text of your Bible originally written and you will see the language of the old testament is written in Aramaic that greatly resembles Arabic...my point is , what is it you fear?....
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by obailala(m): 3:30pm On Apr 26, 2019
grandstar:

I doubt it gulps up to 60% of foreign exchange
Well, you're probably right, although I'm very sure I've heard 60% mentioned somewhere, but I just did a quick google search now and couldnt find 60% anywhere; I only saw 40% (this however is still a huge sum which would affect much if eliminated).

https://www.businessnewsreport.com.ng/40-forex-demand-used-petroleum-product-importation/
Re: Saudi Arabia To Build Refinery In Nigeria by enemyofprogress: 11:14pm On May 06, 2019
ajebuter:
Enemyofpeace/Enemyofprogress/Babangbali/Iyangbali/Notoriousbabe

Five-man-werey

Saudi wan build refinery here...

I hope you know wetin dem dey do to person wey take wetin dem no give am, ?

I just say make I warn you sha

Werey Oshogbo tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
come make we collabo for ze oza room

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Afenifere: Osinbajo Practically Out Of Buhari’s Government / Fashola: Why I Turned Down 17 Honorary Degrees / Aminat Titi Abubakar Defrauded Of N918m By Nsikakabasi Akpan Jacobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.