Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched (36520 Views)

Nigeria’s Lifebank Commences Drone Delivery Of Medical Supplies / World's Largest Medical Drone Delivery Service Takes Off In GHANA. / Watch:First-ever Drone Delivery Of A Kidney Ends With Successful Transplant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by naijapikin04(m): 2:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ghana’s Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, on Wednesday, launched the first ever medical drone delivery service in Ghana, and the largest of such drone delivery network in the world, at Omenako, near Suhum, in the Eastern region.

The ‘Fly-To-Save-A-Life Project’, a collaboration between the Ministry of Health and Zipline Technologies, will provide a rapid response to medical emergencies, especially in hard to reach areas, through the flying of unmanned drones to supply 12 routine and emergency services as well as 148 lifesaving medical products selected by the Ministry of Health.

The Omenako Service Centre, the first of four planned centres, will supply these products to facilities located in the whole of the Eastern Region, and parts of the Volta, Ashanti, Central and Greater Accra Regions. Three other centres are expected to be completed this year to cover most of Ghana.

The service will operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Each centre will be 100% staffed by Ghanaian engineers, health care professionals and logistics personnel, and paid for by the private sector through their corporate social responsibility obligations with no cost to government.

Speaking almost a year to the day since the possibility of setting up a medical drone service in Ghana was broached to him, an elated Vice President Bawumia said the successful launch of the service is yet another example of the triumph of innovation, especially in the use of technology, being championed by the Nana Akufo-Addo government.

Vice President Bawumia was especially delighted that such innovation was being applied to improve access to health care to deprived and hard-to-reach communities, as it forms part of Government’s strategy to reduce inequality and hardships by ensuring the inclusion of every Ghanaian irrespective of status in national development.

“One of the biggest pillars of this government has been how to grow this country without leaving anyone behind; inclusiveness. And one of the ways we are working on is how to use technology to advance our development, improve the ways we do things in our offices, and how to improve citizens’ access to and delivery of the public services they need no matter where they live in this country.

“President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo is determined to reduce inequality and hardships for every Ghanaian, especially the disadvantaged. That is why we are implementing Free SHS. This determination informed government’s decision to increase the portion of the District Assemblies Common allocated to Persons Living with Disability by 50%. That is why we restored the Nursing and Teacher Training Allowances cancelled by the previous government, set up the Zongo Development Fund, and are constructing dams in northern Ghana through the One Village One Dam to ensure all year round farming.

https://nextedition.com.ng/2019/04/25/worlds-largest-medical-drone-delivery-service-takes-off-in-ghana/

6 Likes

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
F

T

C

1 Like

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Jman06(m): 2:21pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ghana is doing better than Nigeria in everything

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Sagamaje(m): 2:27pm On Apr 25, 2019
grin
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by mrvitalis(m): 2:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jman06:
Can u back that up with facts ? ....people just talk anyhow

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by propsvila: 2:39pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ghana of Yesterday
Nigeria shame on You

24 Likes

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Litmus: 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2019
Good one. Ghana should invest her scarce finances on more stuff like this for her people rather than on Notre dame Church France. But I suppose financing the goodwill of France mitigates against a North East Nigeria climate in Ghana thus leaving Ghana the peaceful state she requires in order to invest in her people. Nevertheless shafting your fellow African nations in the back only leads to short term gains or long-term slavery.

Given the history of black people, realpolitik should never be justification for the betrayal of any African Nation to an over bloated and self-important West

7 Likes

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Jman06(m): 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

All indices point to that fact! From education to healthcare, infrastructure and economy generally.
Wake up to the reality and stop being a blind supporter of a failed government

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by mrvitalis(m): 2:48pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jman06:
All indices point to that fact! From education to healthcare, infrastructure and economy generally.
Wake up to the reality and stop being a blind supporter of a failed government
I said state a single fact ...dont come here to post your emotional feelings as fact

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by iluvdonjazzy: 2:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
nice
Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by BlackfireX: 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2019
Right now .... It won't be crime if I say, thunder should fire all our leaders in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by BuhariAdvocate: 3:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
I just don't like the east region I share country with. I don't know what really special about this artificial so called drone that made some idiot to ridicule their fatherland.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by AKswift: 3:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

I said state a single fact ...dont come here to post your emotional feelings as fact

Aside being large in space wherein Nigeria comes first, Ghana leads it West African packs in credible governance, democracy, education quality, health, Human Development Index (HDI), energy per household, security, and even in press freedom. I am glad a black nation from the West African front is leading in these regards, though more still have to be done in improving the qualities of these indicators to meet international best practices. To be candid, being a small economy, Ghana should not spread her resources so thin but rather concentrate in becoming an Information Technology hub in Africa, while ensuring that the core social infrastructures- health, security and education- meet intl. standards.

In Nigeria, we know what to do, but has consistently ignored the right path to follow. However, my thanks to the very few Nigerians who still believe in this entity and go about with their legitimate struggles.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by SarkinYarki: 4:07pm On Apr 25, 2019
Nigerians can't expect any innovation till Buhari leaves

5 Likes

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by SarkinYarki: 4:08pm On Apr 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

Shut is doing far better than Nigeria in every human development Index published ..

46 Likes

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by mrvitalis(m): 4:22pm On Apr 25, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Shut is doing far better than Nigeria in every human development Index published ..
Care to drop a link ?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by mrvitalis(m): 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2019
AKswift:

Aside being large in space wherein Nigeria comes first, Ghana leads it West African packs in credible governance, democracy, education quality, health, Human Development Index (HDI), energy per household, security, and even in press freedom. I am glad a black nation from the West African front is leading in these regards, though more still have to be done in improving the qualities of these indicators to meet international best practices. To be candid, being a small economy, Ghana should not spread her resources so thin but rather concentrate in becoming an Information Technology hub in Africa, while ensuring that the core social infrastructures- health, security and education- meet intl. standards.

In Nigeria, we know what to do, but has consistently ignored the right path to follow. However, my thanks to the very few Nigerians who still believe in this entity and go about with their legitimate struggles.

Do u know the difference between facts and opinion ?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by HallaDaTruth: 4:26pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jman06:
FOOLISH NIGERIANS WILL COME AND START PRAISING GHANA. NIGERIA LAUNCHED HER DRONES WHICH HAS BEEN IN ACTIVE SERVICE AGAINST THE INSURGENTS, MOST OF YOU CONDEMNED IT. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO GHANA, YOUR PUSSYZ GET WET. ARE YOU AWARE WE PRODUCE SURVEILLANCE DRONES IN NIGERIA?. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU ON NAIRALAND. THAT'S WHY NIGERIANS ARE MISTREATED ABROAD BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU WORSHIP FOREIGNERS

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by HallaDaTruth: 4:28pm On Apr 25, 2019
SarkinYarki:

PUBLISHED ?. THE BIGGEST MISTAKE MADE BY AFRICANS IS TO FALL FOR ECONOMIC STATISTICS PRODUCED BY THE SO CALLED BRENTWOOD INSTITUTIONS

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by HallaDaTruth: 4:29pm On Apr 25, 2019
BlackfireX:
Right now .... It won't be crime if I say, thunder should fire all our leaders in Nigeria
PRAY FOR YOUR LEADERS, ITS IN THE BIBLE AND QURAN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by HallaDaTruth: 4:31pm On Apr 25, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Nigerians can't expect any innovation till Buhari leaves
WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE YOU CONDEMN THINGS PRODUCED BY INNOSON . BUT IF IT WAS PRODUCED IN GHANA, YOU WILL PRAISE IT. NAIRALAND IS FULL OF HYPOCRITES

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by HallaDaTruth: 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
propsvila:
Ghana of Yesterday
Nigeria shame on You
LIFE IS LIKE A MIRROR. WHAT YOU PRAY FOR IS WHAT YOU SEE. I PRAY ONLY BLESSINGS FOR NIGERIA, BECAUSE I AM EATING THE GOOD OF THE LAND. EVERY COUNTRY HAS SOMETHING THEY ARE ACHIEVING.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by mytime24(f): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by boldaslion: 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

Shut up. You are very daft not to know that many Nigerians are schooling in Ghana now because Ghanaian schools posses more quality than schools in the Zoo presently

11 Likes

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Jman06(m): 5:10pm On Apr 25, 2019
HallaDaTruth:
FOOLISH NIGERIANS WILL COME AND START PRAISING GHANA. NIGERIA LAUNCHED HER DRONES WHICH HAS BEEN IN ACTIVE SERVICE AGAINST THE INSURGENTS, MOST OF YOU CONDEMNED IT. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO GHANA, YOUR PUSSYZ GET WET. ARE YOU AWARE WE PRODUCE SURVEILLANCE DRONES IN NIGERIA?. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU ON NAIRALAND. THAT'S WHY NIGERIANS ARE MISTREATED ABROAD BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU WORSHIP FOREIGNERS
Who Nigeria under Buhari help

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by HallaDaTruth: 5:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jman06:
Who Nigeria under Buhari help
Stop waiting for buhari, help yourself

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Jman06(m): 5:20pm On Apr 25, 2019
HallaDaTruth:
Stop waiting for buhari, help yourself
Of course, I help myself and that is the more reason why I'll continue to cast Buhari's bad government.

Patriotism should be expected only from those the country helps, not from those that help themselves!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by mrvitalis(m): 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2019
boldaslion:

Shut up. You are very daft not to know that many Nigerians are schooling in Ghana now because Ghanaian schools posses more quality than schools in the Zoo presently

Lol we still have more universites than them ...and its obviously people who cant get into nigerian universites that move to ghana ...oga before u insult quote links to back ur claim

16 Likes

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by AKswift: 6:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
mrvitalis:

Do u know the difference between facts and opinion ?
You seem deep-seated in ingorance! On your spare time, you can do some research on those indicators. I owe you no further response.

4 Likes

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Kelklein(m): 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2019
o boy.. see Ghana of yesterday fa

I don't want to be among those who think that our population is the problem..in fact it should be our advantage

But we are cursed with visionless ethnocentric nepotist leaders who can't see beyond their noses.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Zombiekiller010: 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2019
To Buhari led administration

8 Likes

Re: Medical Drone Delivery Service In Ghana Launched by Pavore9: 8:00pm On Apr 25, 2019
Already operating in Rwanda and it is the same company (Zipline) that is behind this.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Merck Corona Tablet That Costs ₦400k (Video) / My COVID-19 Vaccine Experience / Alcohol Vs Soft Drink: Which Is More Harmful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.