Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,710 members, 7,813,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) - Phones (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) (211664 Views)

Official Wallpaper Thread / Mobile Phone Camera Thread / WALLPAPER THREAD!!! Super Cool Wallpapers For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (170) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 19, 2020
3rd party messenger, 3rd party Mi dialer, 3rd party music app, 3rd party Gcam and almost everything 3rd party.

Which one is now stock on the Xiaomi device The logo cheesy?
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by BoluwajiPieters: 1:39pm On Jan 19, 2020
KngGezy:
3rd party messenger, 3rd party Mi dialer, 3rd party music app, 3rd party Gcam and almost everything 3rd party.

Which one is now stock on the Xiaomi device The logo cheesy?

Lol. And you said "3rd party Mi dialer."

Too intelligent!

10 Likes

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 19, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

Lol. And you said "3rd party Mi dialer."

Too intelligent!

I envy your sarcasm. I knew you would jump the gun. This is even worse than 3rd party. It was created by other developers for Xiaomi devices. And obviously it crashes like mad because it isn't compatible with the devicecheesy

How do you cope

genius43:

You can get Mi dialer from apkpure but as for Mi Message it crashes
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by BoluwajiPieters: 1:46pm On Jan 19, 2020
KngGezy:

I envy your sarcasm. I knew you would jump the gun. This is even worse than 3rd party. It was created by other developers for Xiaomi devices. And obviously it crashes like mad because it isn't compatible with the devicecheesy

How do you cope

A little reading and you'll become a better person. Just a little.
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 19, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

A little reading and you'll become a better person. Just a little.

Tell everyone what I missed
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by BoluwajiPieters: 1:49pm On Jan 19, 2020
KngGezy:

Tell everyone what I missed
Nothing at all...
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 19, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

Nothing at all...

I love the way you move. You commented as if to correct me. Then I asked what I missed because I knew I was absolutely spot on. And you are now pretending as if I actually missed something .

Great move
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Mark9854(m): 1:53pm On Jan 19, 2020
KngGezy:

Since we are all mentally derailed and you are the only sane individual. Please sha understand that the creator of this thread doesn't want modified pictures on his thread.

Only you will spam the Infinix thread with Xiaomi praises

Only you will spam the camera thread with Gcam modified pictures

One can easily say this is a case of the accused pointing fingers
if he doesn't want modified pictures in his thread then he never should have created it in the first place. if you know what MODIFIED means then you would know that editing a photo means it has been MODIFIED, which amounts to more than 80% of the photos here.
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by BoluwajiPieters: 1:56pm On Jan 19, 2020
KngGezy:

I love the way you move. You commented as if to correct me. Then I asked what I missed because I knew I was absolutely spot on. And you are now pretending as if I actually missed something .

Great move

Where do I start? I don't have the energy to start an eye-opening surgery on a person that has refused to let go of his blindness. Nay!

...but this is it, Xiaomi stopped baking Mi dialer and Mi Message into their recent devices because of regulations in some countries. Some versions of the same devices still retain the Mi dialer and Mi message Apps (..which I think belongs to the third party; Samsung.) So people trying to install those apps with the ROM baked into their phones will have incompatibility issues which will make it crash.

So, yeah! You're spot on!

https://www.mysmartprice.com/gear/xiaomi-phones-sold-select-markets-will-soon-use-google-messages-phone-apps-instead-mis-apps/

Ignorance is bliss.

3 Likes

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
Mark9854:

if he doesn't want modified pictures in his thread then he never should have created it in the first place. if you know what MODIFIED means then you would know that editing a photo means it has been MODIFIED, which amounts to more than 80% of the photos here.

I said specifically said "GCAM MODIFIED PICTURES". Dont misquote me in order to join other issues with what the OP was implying. He said post pictures with Stock Camera that's all
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
OHIsIManuEL:
I don't understand what these people me by "it's a camera thread, not a picture thread", abeg wetin gcam be?
What does a camera produce?
Except we wan dey analyze specifications of various lenses o and technicalities of camera software
see eh, lot of people come to nairaland and create posts to buy phone's and camera quality. If you post your default cam picture I don't care if you edit it. It's just the quality. To help people choose a better phone. That's how a guy bought Xiaomi 8a and came here asking for gcam. But his phone doesn't support. I tried giving him one that works without portrait. Assuming people post pictures he wouldn't have bought the phone. They are other better phone that should have better camera at the price range.fashy people bashing tecno and Infinix. Their camera is better than Xiaomi.
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by BoluwajiPieters: 1:59pm On Jan 19, 2020
Mark9854:

LOL.

Some of us are just here to enjoy pictures. Whether shot by iPhone, Samsung S9+ or GCAM on Redmi Note 5, just shoot something! All these phone superior complex isn't our business... cool
Mark9854:

LOL.

Some of us are just here to enjoy pictures. Whether shot by iPhone, Samsung S9+ or GCAM on Redmi Note 5, just shoot something! All these phone superior complex isn't our business... cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 19, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

Where do I start? I don't have the energy to start an eye-opening surgery on a person that has refused to let go of his blindness. Nay!

...but this is it, Xiaomi stopped baking Mi dialer and Mi Message into their recent devices because of regulations in some countries. Some versions of the same devices still retain the Mi dialer and Mi message Apps (..which I think belongs to the third party; Samsung.) So people trying to install those apps with the ROM baked into their phones will have incompatibility issues which will make it crash.

So, yeah! You're spot on!

https://www.mysmartprice.com/gear/xiaomi-phones-sold-select-markets-will-soon-use-google-messages-phone-apps-instead-mis-apps/

Ignorance is bliss.

Ohh we are saying the same thing. Those affected will be using the Mi app that didn't come with the device. Is that not a 3rd party crashing app
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 19, 2020
CHESTER48:
see eh, lot of people come to nairaland and create posts to buy phone's and camera quality. If you post your default cam picture I don't care if you edit it. It's just the quality. To help people choose a better phone. That's how a guy bought Xiaomi 8a and came here asking for gcam. But his phone doesn't support. I tried giving him one that works without portrait. Assuming people post pictures he wouldn't have bought the phone. They are other better phone that should have better camera at the price range.fashy people bashing tecno and Infinix. Their camera is better than Xiaomi.

I feel for the guy, he thought Gcam will make his device snap extraordinary pictures. Not knowing it was all a facade. I cant imagine what the guy must be feeling now . Holding a Xiaomi device that cant take good pictures stock

Thank you bro and Yes I dont know about other models but the Infinix S5 and S4 camera are dope

1 Like

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by BoluwajiPieters: 2:07pm On Jan 19, 2020
CHESTER48:

Lemme try to address this... I'm not a picture person; I hardly take pictures but I've gat GCAM, Snapseed and Photoshop express installed on my phone. I use a Redmi note 8 and my stock camera is good! Not the Pixel or iPhone class of good but it takes decent pictures. People only use GCAM because of the better image processing cum better pictures it gives. Personally, I don't see the wrong in that. If you've a good car, and then you decide to change a part, or add a better part to its existing good part, I feel no wrong is being done. A colleague using Samsung A30 once asked me if he can get GCAM installed on his phone. A friend using Tecno Camon 12 pro downloaded a random GCAM that kept crashing on his phone. Does that mean their stock cam is bad? No! They just want something better. That's that!

How this thread deteriorated from people taking great shots to people comparing phones/cameras is just not cool... Some of us are enjoying great shots especially Bazkid and TayJay or so.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by BoluwajiPieters: 2:11pm On Jan 19, 2020
KngGezy:

Ohh we are saying the same thing. Those affected will be using the Mi app that didn't come with the device. Is that not a 3rd party crashing app

Okay sir.
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 19, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

Lemme try to address this... I'm not a picture person; I hardly take pictures but I've gat GCAM, Snapseed and Photoshop express installed on my phone. I use a Redmi note 8 and my stock camera is good! Not the Pixel or iPhone class of good but it takes decent pictures. People only use GCAM because of the better image processing cum better pictures it gives. Personally, I don't see the wrong in that. If you've a good car, and then you decide to change a part, or add a better part to its existing good part, I feel no wrong is being done. A colleague using Samsung A30 once asked me if he can get GCAM installed on his phone. A friend using Tecno Camon 12 pro downloaded a random GCAM that kept crashing on his phone. Does that mean their stock cam is bad? No! They just want something better. That's that!

How this thread deteriorated from people taking great shots to people comparing phones/cameras is just not cool... Some of us are enjoying great shots especially Bazkid and TayJay or so.

If not for anything, I respect you so much Sir. You take time to argue without making use of insults. Infact I have learnt so much from you within two mentions. All what you have said is true. Even me if i can install Gcam on my devices i will. To be honest I think you have said the truth.

But the OP created this thread to showcase stock Camera quality of different devices. So that anybody seeking to get a new device and wants the best camera. Can come here and see pictures that are not Gcam processed and make an unbiased decision. He even gave an example of a boy that bought a phone under the false impression that he can install Gcam. And the boy was influenced by this thread.
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by BoluwajiPieters: 2:16pm On Jan 19, 2020
KngGezy:

I feel for the guy, he thought Gcam will make his device snap extraordinary pictures. Not knowing it was all a facade. I cant imagine what the guy must be feeling now . Holding a Xiaomi device that cant take good pictures stock

Thank you bro and Yes I dont know about other models but the Infinix S5 and S4 camera are dope

Camera comparison is relative. Your pixel takes better pictures than my Samsung. My Samsung takes better pictures than your Xiaomi. Does that mean the Xiaomi takes bad pictures? No!

I've had a chance to take pictures with stock camera of Infinix S5, Tecno Camon 12 pro, Tecno Camon 12, Tecno Camon 12 Air, Samsung A20, Samsung A30s and Redmi note 8.

Personally, I'll rank them thus; Samsung A30s, Redmi Note 8, Samsung A20, Tecno Camon 12 pro, Infinix S5, Camon 12 and Camon 12 Air.

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Mark9854(m): 2:21pm On Jan 19, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

LOL.

LOL.

I fall under this category bro, I just wish a certain amount of people would fall under it too... the thread would have been beautiful.
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Youngsage: 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2020
@KngGezy ^^^ ,
What if people that have gcam post both pictures, i.e similar shots by both their default camera and gcam?
Then let whoever compare and make subsequent buying decisions.

Personally, I feel a phone user who is particular about pictures will either get a phone whose camera can produce pictures to his taste, or do whatever needs to be done to achieve that on his phone. The essence of gcam imo.

1 Like

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by BoluwajiPieters: 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2020
Youngsage:
@KngGezy ^^^ ,
What if people that have gcam post both pictures, i.e similar shots by both their default camera and gcam?

Personally, I feel a phone user who is particular about pictures will either get a phone whose camera can produce pictures to his taste, or do whatever needs to be done to achieve that on his phone. The essence of gcam imo.

I'll agree to this!
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Youngsage: 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2020
ityP:

No o. This kind of colour pop is not achievable with snapseed

It is tongue tongue
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 19, 2020
Youngsage:
@KngGezy ^^^ ,

good. This is the best idea. Someone ones said it doesn't matter the camera. If you can take good pix, your pix will still turn up good.
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by drjprince: 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2020
Why are you guys even qouting a mad person cheesy cheesy
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by ityP(m): 4:18pm On Jan 19, 2020
Youngsage:

It is tongue tongue

Show me example na. Take a portrait shot. Make the background B&W and retain the colour of the main object in focus. Do it with snapseed lemme see
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by genius43(m): 4:28pm On Jan 19, 2020
ityP:

Show me example na. Take a portrait shot. Make the background B&W and retain the colour of the main object in focus. Do it with snapseed lemme see

It is very possible my brother does it very well. It is just more technical.

https://www.guidingtech.com/make-color-pop-photos-snapseed/
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 19, 2020
Youngsage:
@KngGezy ^^^ ,

I totally Agree To this Sir
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 19, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

Camera comparison is relative. Your pixel takes better pictures than my Samsung. My Samsung takes better pictures than your Xiaomi. Does that mean the Xiaomi takes bad pictures? No!

I've had a chance to take pictures with stock camera of Infinix S5, Tecno Camon 12 pro, Tecno Camon 12, Tecno Camon 12 Air, Samsung A20, Samsung A30s and Redmi note 8.

Personally, I'll rank them thus; Samsung A30s, Redmi Note 8, Samsung A20, Tecno Camon 12 pro, Infinix S5, Camon 12 and Camon 12 Air.

I dont doubt this ranking one bit. What you said is true. Picture quality is relative. Because one phone takes better pictures than the other doesn't mean that the other phones camera is bad. I totally agree with this assertion
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by ityP(m): 4:52pm On Jan 19, 2020
CHESTER48:

Big lie. Tecno and Infinix that love overexposure?
Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by ityP(m): 4:56pm On Jan 19, 2020
genius43:

It is very possible my brother does it very well. It is just more technical.

https://www.guidingtech.com/make-color-pop-photos-snapseed/

Lol. This is much like editing in PC Photoshop na. I tried it and got one nonsense. No be the color pop i dey talk about

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by OHIsIManuEL(m): 5:00pm On Jan 19, 2020
CHESTER48:
1. Photos taken from Gcam are usually labelled as such
2. It's the fault of the person for not doing his research well, small inquiry, you'd know redmi 8A doesn't support gcam
3. Anybody looking for superb camera performance with less than N100k is a joker, even A70 takes rubbish pictures. If camera is what you need, buy flagship or maybe a mid ranger like mi note 10
4. I don't know if transsion devices take better pictures than xiaomi (which i highly doubt, because i used infinix note 5 and the camera was the worst thing I've seen), I don't care. Na performance make me buy the phone
5.Maybe you should go and edit your first post on the first page so xiaomi people can leave the thread quietly

2 Likes

Re: The Camera Thread (picture/wallpaper thread) by sunshineV(f): 5:07pm On Jan 19, 2020
People that can't use gcam in their phone are pained and that's understandable. So if y'all hate gcam so much we understand

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (170) (Reply)

Tecno P9 Phantom PAD Mini Discussion Thread / Make Free Mtn To Mtn Calls With This Code! / Exciting Innjoo I1 With Amazing Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.