Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? (3568 Views)

Share Your Experience Of Using 'fork And Knife' To Eat for the First Time. / How To Spread Butter On Bread Neatly Without A Knife/spoon/fork / Do You Eat Eba With Your Hand Or Cutlery. WHY? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by knotty(m): 4:59pm On May 01, 2007
what is your choice when eating solids? fork or hand?
solid here is referred to food like eba, amala, pound yam, salad etc
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by RedLips3(f): 5:11pm On May 01, 2007
Eating amala with fork and knife has got to be the most pretentious thing ever.
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by mekoyo(m): 11:35am On May 03, 2007
Why should i use fork to eat pounded yam or amala. uhm. funny.

I'll my God given hand to devour the food sharp sharp.
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by knotty(m): 2:34pm On May 03, 2007
some folks born with silver spoons in their mouths, will smoke garri with the same silver spoon and devour heap loads of poundie with the accompanying fork.
but how come children of today are taught how to eat with fork and spoon much before they learn how to use their hands.
pickins are of course exempted from this training mode.
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by Ronke2811(f): 5:41pm On May 11, 2007
nothing like using ur God hand.
i just dislike it when most ladies use fork and knife to eat solids
abeg who dem dey front for. grin
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by Ronke2811(f): 5:45pm On May 11, 2007
knotty:

what is your choice when eating solids? fork or hand?
solid here is referred to food like eba, amala, pound yam, salad etc
@ knotty
abeg Salad no be solid food
point of correction
do u expect us to hand eat salad take your time oh
no turn us to bush pple.
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by Johnny(m): 6:02pm On May 11, 2007
nothing like using your God hand.
i just dislike it when most ladies use fork and knife to eat solids
abeg who them dey front for.

Are they still fronting for somebody if they eat with cutlleries in their rooms? I think it has to do with how you enjoy your food. Occassion and the place are also determinant factors. Fork or your hand is dependent on how best you can enjoy your meal, and where you find yourself at a particular time.
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by busygirl(f): 6:06pm On May 11, 2007
I eat solids with fork, even when I was in Nigeria. Mine is not a matter of pretence. I and my 3 other siblings were brought up that way. cheesy
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by OmoEko1(f): 6:11pm On May 11, 2007
I use my hand when I eat solid but at home only sha and when am outside in public I don't eat solid food oh because I can't use fork grin grin grin grin I will not enjoy the food at all.

And when you use fork for solid food hummmm the food will not full you well.

1 Like

Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by iice(f): 5:46pm On May 12, 2007
I use my hands.  Else am not gonna be enjoying my food and then what would be the point anyway? And i aint shy about using my hands grin
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by dominobaby(f): 7:55pm On May 12, 2007
It depends on where i am. At home, what else but ma very own hands. At functions, fork, though its not filling. There's nothing really like using your hands!
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by nosa101(f): 8:08pm On May 12, 2007
there is nothing wrong with using a fork
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by teddyface(m): 12:58am On May 13, 2007
i use my hands and i will always use it, no matter the place.
dont forget i'm african wink
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by knotty(m): 1:50pm On May 22, 2007
Ronke 2811:

@ knotty
abeg Salad no be solid food
point of correction
do u expect us to hand eat salad take your time oh
no turn us to bush people.

i thought nobody will see the apperent joke. yes o salad na correct solid food like eba. you can even use spoon to eat it. lol.

scientist in the house will have to explain why if one eats 12 jumbo wraps of akpu with fork one will never get filled: but one may eat two wraps of the same akpu with one~s hand and pronto one is filled.
some scientific expalnations are needed please,
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by mellow(m): 1:55pm On May 22, 2007
Really depends on how hrgenic my hands are that instant.

If I feel it is hygenic enough I use Mr natural but not on Salad though.

But if I thought it is not hygeniv enough I use fork and Knife. But

reflects only when I am outside the house. If I am at home, you know now.
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by minniepoe(f): 4:24pm On Jun 11, 2007
hmm, moi, i am a natural person, i no dey front. anytime any day, i would always use my hands for my solid meals. wetin be fork?

even times i went out with my colleagues in the office and the ordered chicken got too stubborn with cutlery set, i use my hands,
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by AlRaheem(m): 8:53pm On Jun 12, 2007
@Ronke
them r frontin for America.  When oyinbo man himself use his bear hand in naija restaurants.  I have tried the fork thing thou-it is a insult to 1self and culture.  You won't enjoy d meal.  New comers to the US. alway be yourself!!
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by PHEESAYOUR(m): 2:18am On Jun 19, 2007
Wot da fu*ck is the fork's business when eating solids, thank God for my glorious fingers!!
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by Mustay(m): 3:25am On Jun 19, 2007
Abi O!
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by omarigurl(f): 10:35pm On Jun 22, 2007
minniepoe:

hmm, moi, i am a natural person, i no dey front. anytime any day, i would always use my hands for my solid meals. wetin be fork?

even times i went out with my colleagues in the office and the ordered chicken got too stubborn with cutlery set, i use my hands,

i'm with u
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 23, 2007
hygiene is the key word for me

if i am outside my home, and there is no where to wash my hands conveniently i'll use a fork

besides hands are it!!!
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by MP007(m): 3:43am On Jun 24, 2007
ma guy u better use ur dam hands, leave story!!!
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:12pm On Jun 26, 2007
@topic
i think its really silly especially when you want to swallow Eba and correct afang soup you use fork and knife, a complete waste of time and some girls are so annoyingly always doing this. take for instance an incident that happened two months ago.
my friends and i went to an African restaurant, we ordered Eba and egusi soup, the funny thing was i went and washed my hands and was eating my thing, some of my friends were using fork and knife, it was so obvious they were uncomfortable, my other friend and i we were the only two using hands in the group. it got to an extent we could not control it again we laughed our asses off. and told them to stop forming nonsense and eat with their hands because it was very obvious they were uncomfortable and wanted to use their hands.
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by yebarbie(f): 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2007
I use fork only without knife. I have been using this since I was young and I am so used to it.People complain when I do this but its so convenient for me.
Another reason why I use fork is because I have long finger nails  on  both hands.
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by Mustay(m): 4:39am On Jul 04, 2007
owo lo n tunkan se

[size=29pt]hand[/size]
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by knotty(m): 9:30am On Jul 04, 2007
but what if the solid food you are about to eat was poorly made so that instead solid amala you are eating pudding, will you still use your hand?
also, consider that you have to eat freshly turned amala from the pot and the food is searingly hot, will you still get your hand singed for a bowl?
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by Gamine(f): 5:41pm On Jul 05, 2007
Fork Ke??

I use Spoon Sef!!

Its smtin i used to
bsides i hav long fingernails
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by femibig(m): 10:53am On Jul 06, 2007
grin how do you get the best taste if u eat hot Amala & gbegiri with a fork
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by Phlota(f): 4:55am On Aug 09, 2007
Abi o
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by knotty(m): 9:39am On Aug 09, 2007
femi big:

grin how do you get the best taste if u eat hot Amala & gbegiri with a fork

o`l boy, na hand you dey take taste gbegiri? me na mouth i dey use o.
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by trendy(f): 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2007
Abeg my hand o, i no fit shout because i no be Awilo
Re: Fork Or Your Hand, When It Comes To Solids? by godslead(f): 1:07pm On Aug 11, 2007
My hand any time any place hooha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check out this Indomie Super Pack Cake. Did I get it right? / No Pepper In Ibadan ( Pepper Seller On Strike ) 5 Rodo For N1000 / Eating In-front Of Strangers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.