Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience (10079 Views)

Living In South Africa/my 7AM Morning Routine In South Africa! / Roadside Hawkers: My Experience From Lagos To East. / My Travel Experience To East Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Hadampson(m): 10:02am On Apr 28, 2019
kakakii:
Good morning

Wonderful morning to you bro.

Please give us updates biko cry
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Akeem1759(m): 10:17am On Apr 28, 2019
I dey here Gidigba KAKAKII, update Mbok

1 Like

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 10:23am On Apr 28, 2019
good morning

so the 3 of us met the immigration boss, let me quickly chip this in. we met a white woman in the boss office where the boss is dragging matter with the woman, I don't know the reason but the boss was demanding 100$ from the woman and the woman was not ready to part ways with any money, based on the situation on ground i'm sensing the reason is because the woman was not carrying any cash with her. so the boss gave her his phone to call someone in Kenya cheesy cheesy , the person said he will be with her soon, so the boss asked the woman to go and stay outside to allow us enter...

we entered the office and our conversation was like this :-

BOSS : - ( smilling ) how may I help you?

ME: - we were told to come to you because the officer over there said he doesnt believe we are here for tourism

BOSS: let me have your passports ( collected our passports and face me)

whats the name of your second friend and which work does he do ( ask my friend to write it down on a piece of paper first )

me: ( said everything and got it right )

he ask for other documents and we gave it to him .....

BOSS:- i see that all your documents and booking are correct BUT YOU NEED TO BRIBE ME, SO HOW MUCH ARE YOU WILLING TO GIVE ME ( yes he said it exactly like that )

all of us look at each other cheesy cheesy cheesy this one weak us ooo after going back and forth we later say we are going to give him 50$ then he said to us ..

BOSS: ( showed us his gold watch) look at this watch, it is gold plated ( he mentioned the carat) ..do i look cheap to you ? you Nigerians can do better

the 3 of us : ( in chorus ) No sir !!! grin

WE LATER GAVE HIM 100$ and he signed on our visa and asked us to go to the diplomat area grin ..met a woman and gave us 1 month visa
cheesy ... then we went to baggage claim area where we met some police officers waiting for us

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 10:36am On Apr 28, 2019
the two police officers have sighted us from afar, immediately we collected our baggage they stopped us and asked us where we are going and our purpose, we got angry and asked for his ID he gave it to us then ask us to follow him to the station, we refused and told him the immigration has done all the necessary check and it doesn't make sense for him to be questioning us, he then later said he is a police blah blah and he has every right to search and interrogate us.. then he asked us to follow him to the station which is near the airport ..

could you believe this policemen kept going in circle around the airport until we couldn't take it again and we vexed and told him we can't take it again , make we lead us to the station, we reached the station entrance then he stopped and said " you need to bribe me if you dont want to enter station" ...at this stage we were tired and didnt further want to push it.. we later gave them 10$ each ..20$ total

we initially suspected them to be scam but we verify from one security guard at the aiport, he confirmed them to be police officer .. we left the officers

what i have noticed about the immigration and the police is that unlike nigeria immigration, they are not agressive at all and you negotiate with the like market woman ... but they are exremely corrupt and it doesnt shame them..
we met a woman and she quote this "IF YOU ARE NOT CORRUPT YOU ARE NOT KENYA" ( their officials )

we made a mistake and i would advice people coming to kenya to not make that mistake , we didnt use uber we used taxi and we were scammed by two women ... later 30s

the 2 women approached us and asked us where we are going, we told them the location and both of them shouted "AH!! THAT'S A 3 HOURS JOURNEY " ... that even uber can't reach there.. ewo!!!, they later suggested a taxi driver.. they called the driver and he came, the driver called it 3000 kenyan shilling but we negotiated 2000, he later agreed..... in our presence he gave the women 500 KENYA SHILLING ( i'm sensing it's her cut.. Them no even mind.. Scam us and sharing proceed for our front ) grin

we later ask the driver and he told us it's just 20 minutes drive cry we were scammed ...uber carried us 1000 kenya shilling on our way back

8 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 10:37am On Apr 28, 2019
then we enter the city of Nairobi

3 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 10:38am On Apr 28, 2019
Kenya airport road

8 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 10:39am On Apr 28, 2019
Our Airbnb apartment

5 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 10:40am On Apr 28, 2019
A little bit expensive but worth it

5 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 10:42am On Apr 28, 2019
Lots of pictures but don't want to post us..

3 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 10:44am On Apr 28, 2019
We cook our own food.. They don't eat pepper here and as a Yoruba man that's like suicide cheesy

7 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by mixter(m): 12:00pm On Apr 28, 2019
Interesting. So seem most African countries has a disease known as corruption . Quite sad

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2019
so we later get settle and entered a Chinese restaurant to find something to eat, on our way back we ordered UBER and our driver happened to be a former police officer but he is now riding uber with a lot of cars to his fleet according to him..

we were talking about corruption in Africa and cyber crime etc, then he intervene and gave us his own part of the gist, he said Uganda is one of the most corrupt nation in the east, he said the CONGOLESE top the high rate of fraud in Kenya followed by south sudan then Nigeria based on his experience in the force, but the difference between all of them is Nigerians with little money they have they will not let everyone rest, date their babes etc that Nigeria shout a lot on social media and they also give the impression that we are the richest in Africa so anytime the police or immigration see nigerians, they see money …

he said the good thing about Kenya is that they don't really go online to shout compare to Nigerians, he said it's a good thing and a bad thing.. good thing in sense that it protect the image of the country and bad thing in sense that because people don't castigate their leaders that much it has now become a norm. we talked at length and we part ways …

another thing I have noticed is their ladies, they like Nigerian guys a looooot, and they are able to recognized our accent lol, once we talk they be like "NIGERIANS?" even inside shoprite .. they said it's because we talk loud and our accent cheesy .. I would have gotten a girlfriend there but we were told HIV is on rampant among the youths so fear they catch me

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:18pm On Apr 28, 2019
KENYA ECONOMY
what i noticed is the usage of mobile money here ..less than 48 hours we were already feeling the heat of not having mobile money, so we went to shoprite to register sim and activate mobile money... it made life easier for us afterwards.. mobile money is a very good innovation in kenya and i really envy them.... despite the corruption things seem to be working well for them especially in NAIROBI .. i don't know i am forced to say their economy is better than us ( in practial ) ...

we bought all the things we need and did shopping inside shoprite ..bought blender to grind pepper and thai rice .. ...

Nairobi county where we were is clean and people obey traffic law ( people obey traffic law in the whole east africa ..even zebra crossing)
the weather is also very very nice, that is one of the thing that attracted me to the country, the weather is extremely nice ,

Nairobi is also like ABUJA with LAGOS vibe, that is the best way to describe NAIROBI ... things are a little bit expensive but nothing compare to dubai ( dubai is damn expensive )

they love Chinese cars a lot and drive on the opposite side compare to Nigeria, most of their cars are new and they don't drive expensive cars ( except foreigners ) , android phones are common compare to iPhone. they also love to use their local shopping mall

despite kenya shortcomings if i am to choose between DUBAI and KENYA for vacation, i will choose Nairobi ten times, everywhere just look natural and calm compare to dubai ..and things are cheaper .. if i am to choose between RWANDA , UGANDA AND KENYA ... i choose Nairobi over and over .. things are not perfect there but a lot of things are working compare to nigeria

we saw a tour package inside the mall and booked one, it is very expensive but worth it … our package for the tour includes
NATIONAL PARK
ZIP LINING
and we later went for ICE SKATING on our own

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by mixter(m): 1:19pm On Apr 28, 2019
grin grin. The fear of HIV. Keep it coming op. Gracias
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by okeyglm: 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
nice, adventure keep it up
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:30pm On Apr 28, 2019
I WANT TO TRY AND FINISH KENYA UPDATE TODAY
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:31pm On Apr 28, 2019
so the next morning the driver came to pick us and we embark on zip lining journey and mountain biking ( I don't know how to bike so I skipped it but my friends did it )

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:33pm On Apr 28, 2019
On our way for zip lining

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:34pm On Apr 28, 2019
Our way to zip lining.. Forgotten the name of this view point

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:36pm On Apr 28, 2019
Once I remember the name I will update ..this is where. You take. A break when you. Are going for zip lining.. It's almost 3 hours journey.. Without traffic

1 Like

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Emmyk(m): 1:36pm On Apr 28, 2019
LMAO! You are quite humorous which makes your write up interesting to read

...I would have gotten a girlfriend there but we were told HIV is on rampant among the youths so fear they catch me .

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:37pm On Apr 28, 2019
So we got to the zip lining place
Wait I can't find the picture of me zip lining
Gbese

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:41pm On Apr 28, 2019
Okay I have requested a copy from my friend
Eh yo that's me..

And that place is freaking cold.. Ice cold
Wow!!!
It's another county inside the forest.. That reminds me soldier collect bribe steadily here too.. On our way to zip lining.. Driver bribe like 4 soldiers like its norm grin

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:42pm On Apr 28, 2019
Emmyk:
LMAO! You are quite humorous which makes your write up interesting to read

...I would have gotten a girlfriend there but we were told HIV is on rampant among the youths so fear they catch me .

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:42pm On Apr 28, 2019
Me!! .. My sandals got spoilt so I used only. Leg.. Omo I want to die

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2019
Last zip lining

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2019
honestly there is nothing special in the setup of this tourist location but foreigners are flocking the place like bees, I just dey weep for Nigeria
1. golf ball
2. bike
3. zip lining
4. pin ball
and restaurant

it doesn't take much to set it up for the government ( even if I have money I would do it angry ) but it is well organized and the whites are here every seconds ..

we were up to 100 and some people had to come back the next day because we were just too much .. and it's around 5,000 naira per person for just 45 seconds on the rope … and money is flowing in steadily ..we got there 4pm and left 7pm

10 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2019
so we left the place and prepare for National park the next day, they don't have up to 20 animals in their park, the last time I visited the Ibadan zoo I can count up to 30 different animals but because of packaging foreigners are flocking here steadily

we were to choose between free roaming tour or the normal tour

free roaming tour is the one where you be in a bus and drive through the animal live without being caged ..but the driver suggested we do the normal one because we might not see some animal as some would have entered the forest plus it's the same number of animal inside cage that is inside forest park ..so we opt for the caged tour

3 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:58pm On Apr 28, 2019
The national park

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:59pm On Apr 28, 2019
Park

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 2:00pm On Apr 28, 2019
Park

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2019
Park ..
Honestly that's pretty much all about the park..
Like 10 animals

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

General Enquires About Turkey / invalid / How I Got My South Africa Visa:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.