Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,874 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience (10078 Views)

Living In South Africa/my 7AM Morning Routine In South Africa! / Roadside Hawkers: My Experience From Lagos To East. / My Travel Experience To East Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by pendragon35(m): 5:43am On Aug 13, 2019
kakakii:

In their defense when it comes to salt.. Is either it's too much or it's not enough...

We later visited another restaurant where salt was too much in their chicken.. Same thing in Kenya and Uganda..

I was just talking about that particular scenario... But when it comes to pepper everyone is pretty much the same in east Africa

Nice write-up Sire!

I just had a virtual tour now...lol

2 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by XploreLife(m): 12:36pm On Sep 29, 2019
Kakakii, great trip. Intresting exprience
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2019
XploreLife:
Kakakii, great trip. Intresting exprience
Thanks currently planning another trip
Looking for a multicity trip.. I love multiple countries trip cheesy

1 Like

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by XploreLife(m): 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2019
kakakii:
Thanks currently planning another trip Looking for a multicity trip.. I love multiple countries trip cheesy

Wow. Maybe you should try China. Lol.
Don't cease to update us your next travel experience. Happy exploration.
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by ziziangel(m): 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2019
Traveling is real FUN! Especially when globetrotting.. Nice thread
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by temi4fash(m): 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2019
NairobiWalker:

How much salt do you guys it? I know pepper varies but salt? I have always been of the opinion that the people all over the world just put the same amount of salt in food.

Hello bro,

Any idea about Burundi...
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Moety: 7:29pm On Nov 11, 2019
kakakii:
KENYA ECONOMY
what i noticed is the usage of mobile money here ..less than 48 hours we were already feeling the heat of not having mobile money, so we went to shoprite to register sim and activate mobile money... it made life easier for us afterwards.. mobile money is a very good innovation in kenya and i really envy them.... despite the corruption things seem to be working well for them especially in NAIROBI .. i don't know i am forced to say their economy is better than us ( in practial ) ...

we bought all the things we need and did shopping inside shoprite ..bought blender to grind pepper and thai rice .. ...

Nairobi county where we were is clean and people obey traffic law ( people obey traffic law in the whole east africa ..even zebra crossing)
the weather is also very very nice, that is one of the thing that attracted me to the country, the weather is extremely nice ,

Nairobi is also like ABUJA with LAGOS vibe, that is the best way to describe NAIROBI ... things are a little bit expensive but nothing compare to dubai ( dubai is damn expensive )

they love Chinese cars a lot and drive on the opposite side compare to Nigeria, most of their cars are new and they don't drive expensive cars ( except foreigners ) , android phones are common compare to iPhone. they also love to use their local shopping mall

despite kenya shortcomings if i am to choose between DUBAI and KENYA for vacation, i will choose Nairobi ten times, everywhere just look natural and calm compare to dubai ..and things are cheaper .. if i am to choose between RWANDA , UGANDA AND KENYA ... i choose Nairobi over and over .. things are not perfect there but a lot of things are working compare to nigeria

we saw a tour package inside the mall and booked one, it is very expensive but worth it … our package for the tour includes
NATIONAL PARK
ZIP LINING
and we later went for ICE SKATING on our own
Interesting. You would actually choose Nairobi over Dubai? shocked

Nairobi vs Dubai : no contest man! grin

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by jojokings: 2:29am On Nov 14, 2019
Such impressive thread. Great job Bro

Please am planning to travel East Africa by December. How best is it to get the east Africa visa business survey. And do you have idea if I can visit Tanzania with same visa. I mean do I just buy ticket to Kenya so that when I get there I will buy the east Africa visa on arrival, or I should visit any of the embassy in Nigeria before going.?

How much of BTA should I hold at minimum for like 7 days?
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by jojokings: 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2019
Join this telegram link to share ideas with Nigerians in African countries

https:///Africonnet
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by AngelicBeing: 5:54pm On Nov 15, 2019
jojokings:
Such impressive thread. Great job Bro

Please am planning to travel East Africa by December. How best is it to get the east Africa visa business survey. And do you have idea if I can visit Tanzania with same visa. I mean do I just buy ticket to Kenya so that when I get there I will buy the east Africa visa on arrival, or I should visit any of the embassy in Nigeria before going.?

How much of BTA should I hold at minimum for like 7 days?
East African tourist visa is 100 dollars valid for travel to Uganda / Kenya and Rwanda for 90 days and it is multiple entry obtained at any of the 3 countries mentioned above.

Furthermore, you need to apply for Tanzania visa separately and you will need a local sponsor from Tanzania to sponsor your visa application or a tour company from Tanzania, Nigeria was given visa on arrival before but our boys don shit plenty for Tanzania and hence Tanzania government flogged Nigeria out of the visa on arrival status with the koboko laden with chilly pepper below..

However , get ready to answer plenty questions at Kenya on arrival as a Nigerian passport holder and possibly be extorted by Kenya immigration before been stamped in because Kenya sef are flogging Nigerian's with the same koboko because of past / current misdeeds of Nigerians. BTA of 1000 dollars is reasonable for you

Good luck with your adventures cool

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by ucham: 5:57pm On Nov 15, 2019
Chairman you get money oo. For this hard economy na him u dey flex like this? You sure say na the same Naija all of us Dey?
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 15, 2019
kakakii:

Flight you must pay 100%
Hotel just booking no need to pay

Please how much is the flight from Nigeria to Rwanda,do I need to get visa here before traveling? Please what are the other requirements?
I think I like the place for visit only.
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by ifecx4real: 9:16am On Nov 16, 2019
angelusbrut:

Please how much is the flight from Nigeria to Rwanda,do I need to get visa here before traveling? Please what are the other requirements?
I think I like the place for visit only.

Economy return ticket, 130k-170k.
No you don't need to get visa here before traveling, You will be given visa on arrival, cost about 50$.
Yellow card, flight ticket, international passport and bta.
And yes visit only you definately gonna enjoy your vacation there I believe.
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Mikel2150: 10:14am On Nov 16, 2019
Please is it advisable to go study in Rwanda, and is it possible that after study there may be luck of getting a job. Just acquiring.
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 16, 2019
ifecx4real:

Economy return ticket, 130k-170k.
No you don't need to get visa here before traveling, You will be given visa on arrival, cost about 50$.
Yellow card, flight ticket, international passport and bta.

Graccia,I appreciate
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by ifecx4real: 10:21am On Nov 16, 2019
Mikel2150:
Please is it advisable to go study in Rwanda, and is it possible that after study there may be luck of getting a job. Just acquiring.

Honest opinion. Nigeria is better than Rwanda by far, (apart from electricity and security)
If your only option is btwn nigeria and Rwanda, Study here, Hustle here.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by jojokings: 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2019
AngelicBeing:
East African tourist visa is 100 dollars valid for travel to Uganda / Kenya and Rwanda for 90 days and it is multiple entry obtained at any of the 3 countries mentioned above.

Furthermore, you need to apply for Tanzania visa separately and you will need a local sponsor from Tanzania to sponsor your visa application or a tour company from Tanzania, Nigeria was given visa on arrival before but our boys don shit plenty for Tanzania and hence Tanzania government flogged Nigeria out of the visa on arrival status with the koboko laden with chilly pepper below..

However , get ready to answer plenty questions at Kenya on arrival as a Nigerian passport holder and possibly be extorted by Kenya immigration before been stamped in because Kenya sef are flogging Nigerian's with the same koboko because of past / current misdeeds of Nigerians. BTA of 1000 dollars is reasonable for you

Thanks for your reply, please is it best to buy ticket here or at the port of entry.?

And please do u have any idea what kind of business will do well in Rwanda or Kenya locally with 1000$?

Can phone repair and laptop repair work, move well there? Sorry about the much questions is out of curiosity
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Cyberknight: 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2019
jojokings:

Thanks for your reply, please is it best to buy ticket here or at the port of entry.?

And please do u have any idea what kind of business will do well in Rwanda or Kenya locally with 1000$?

Can phone repair and laptop repair work, move well there? Sorry about the much questions is out of curiosity

$1,000 is actually a little amount of money, which cant take you anywhere in Kenya in terms of settlement. I visit Kenya frequently (will be there again this week) and am very familiar with the country.

Don't even think about employment.

$1,000 will go further in Rwanda, which is not as high-cost, but as a previous poster has pointed out, apart from electricity and security, you are better of staying in Nigeria.
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:37pm On Nov 17, 2019
We are leaving Seychelles already as this is the end of our trip.

We have collected our passport No story...
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by temi4fash(m): 1:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
AngelicBeing:

Does or cover trip to Burundi too??

What language do they speak and any idea on how to manage communication??
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by jojokings: 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2019
Cyberknight:

$1,000 is actually a little amount of money, which cant take you anywhere in Kenya in terms of settlement. I visit Kenya frequently (will be there again this week) and am very familiar with the country.

$1,000 will go further in Rwanda, which is not as high-cost, but as a previous poster has pointed out, apart from electricity and security, you are better of staying in Nigeria.

You mean as saturated as business environment is in Nigeria East Africa won't be better in terms of hustle?
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by jojokings: 3:41pm On Nov 17, 2019
Cyberknight:

Please can I chat or call you personally? Your connect please
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 2:36pm On Nov 21, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

General Enquires About Turkey / invalid / How I Got My South Africa Visa:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.