Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience (10129 Views)

Living In South Africa/my 7AM Morning Routine In South Africa! / Roadside Hawkers: My Experience From Lagos To East. / My Travel Experience To East Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Lordkross(m): 11:47am On Apr 30, 2019
Nice experience and update. I have been quietly following up on this thread and I must confess that your adventures are making me want to just hop in on a plane and Xoom.
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:47pm On Apr 30, 2019
deolivette:

How did you book your ticket and if I’m booking for my wife and myself how much will it cost? And if I save $1000 will it cover our cost of living for one week in the theee countries?
Uganda is the cheapest and the 3 of us didn't spend up to 60k in naira for the 3 days ( 2 night) in Uganda
We spent a lot in Kenya.. Guessing 200k in naira ( 5 days)
And about 100k naira in Rwanda.. (4 days)

Cooking also really helped us.. So I think 1000$ should be enough for both of you for a week...

4 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
Lordkross:
Nice experience and update. I have been quietly following up on this thread and I must confess that your adventures are making me want to just hop in on a plane and Xoom.
I don't want to come down on this plane sef too

3 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
hammed71:
I heard sometimes rwandair flies airbus 330 to Lagos, I also heard it has WiFi onboard
This particular one has Wi-Fi but 10mb cheesy For 15 mins.. I open WhatsApp status and it finished

It's too expensive

1 Like

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 1:49pm On Apr 30, 2019
We are back in our fatherland.. Thanks and check signature wink

3 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by stingermania(m): 2:36pm On Apr 30, 2019
kakakii:
We are back in our fatherland.. Thanks and check signature wink

Ekabo to Naija

1 Like

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by NairobiWalker(m): 2:40pm On Apr 30, 2019
kakakii:
so we left the place and prepare for National park the next day, they don't have up to 20 animals in their park, the last time I visited the Ibadan zoo I can count up to 30 different animals but because of packaging foreigners are flocking here steadily

we were to choose between free roaming tour or the normal tour

free roaming tour is the one where you be in a bus and drive through the animal live without being caged ..but the driver suggested we do the normal one because we might not see some animal as some would have entered the forest plus it's the same number of animal inside cage that is inside forest park ..so we opt for the caged tour

Kakakii, what you visited is the Nairobi Animal Orphanage. It is like the gate to the Park, you should have paid some money and gone for the full National Park visit in a bus. I doubt Ibadan zoo will have more animals than Nairobi National Park though I haven't been to Ibadan.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by NairobiWalker(m): 2:42pm On Apr 30, 2019
kakakii:
another thing that is common here is Nigeria songs cheesy as in your club is not complete without Nigeria song even on radio.. it's like you are in Nigeria, even thou the guys don't like Nigerian guys, they can't joke with Nigeria songs

we also tried their local food, I so much hate all their food but your tour is not complete if you didn't try local food...
you must try local food I repeat ..don't miss local food
we ate

yama Choma

matoke

chicken pilau

ugali ( wey be like fufu but awful )

infact they don't eat pepper here .. and I just can't wait to enter Nigeria and eat my dear peppered stew
oh my pepper have missed you !!!

I don't have all pictures

Kenyans don't like pepper, I don't know why. I am one of the few Kenyans who actually like pepper. My friend visited Lagos and he claimed he couldn't eat the pepper because it was too hot. Many foreigners find our food bland though most who taste Nyama choma and mutura can never get enough of it. Next time you visit, go to Carnivore - here you'll eat some game meat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by NairobiWalker(m): 2:44pm On Apr 30, 2019
kakakii:

When are went to PiLiPiLi last night the waterer was telling us how easy it is to date their girls lol " and it's fvcking annoying " in his words.. I couldn't contain my laughter...
Most African girls are beautiful to be honest ( at least to me) and of course their ladies are friendly

Another thing, they really love exercise here.. A lot from my observation

Pilipili is the word for pepper in Swahili and most Bantu languages. It's interesting how you can visit an eatery called pilipili and still not be satisfied with the amount of pepper in the food. cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 3:10pm On Apr 30, 2019
NairobiWalker:

Pilipili is the word for pepper in Swahili and most Bantu languages. It's interesting how you can visit an eatery called pilipili and still not be satisfied with the amount of pepper in the food. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Very funny wink
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 30, 2019
kakakii:

Just beautiful country..
Don't come here with the mindset of. Hustling.. Person go suffer
Kenya is the best among the 3
Nigeria economy is far far far better..
But the little they have here works... Works like magic
How?
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 5:19pm On Apr 30, 2019
NairobiWalker:

Kakakii, what you visited is the Nairobi Animal Orphanage. It is like the gate to the Park, you should have paid some money and gone for the full National Park visit in a bus. I doubt Ibadan zoo will have more animals than Nairobi National Park though I haven't been to Ibadan.
I think you are right but they are in the same vicinity
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 30, 2019
kakakii:

We are still in Kigali and we are not planning to visit.. They don't really have tourist attraction here.. Everyone minding his or her own business.. [b]NA Jesus life t[/b]hem dey live for here.. Which is not bad for someone who love private and calm. Life
Which one be Jesus life again angry grin grin
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by NairobiWalker(m): 6:12pm On Apr 30, 2019
kakakii:
conclusion

despite the high rate of poverty being in Rwanda right now is really making me appreciate Uganda, Uganda was really lively and the locals are really friendly, pick pocketing and phone snatching is common in Uganda and we were warned countless times to always put our phones and valuables in our pocket, the ladies cherish their men a lot here and everyone seem to be hardworking, Kenya still has the best local food but I tried a whole lot of local food in Uganda …

we visited a lot of places in Uganda like the senzibwua waterfall where the guide explained a lot of superstition, we also climbed rocks , it was fun..
the guide was telling us about how they use to watch Nigeria movies so most Ugandan believe nigerians are fetish grin he said " Nigeria believed someone somewhere must be responsible for your problem" , we told him not everyone though .. he said most Ugandan are like that too that they carry sacrifice to appease the gods

the mabira forest was fun too as we walked through the forest and saw different kind of tree, I get to see those trees that was taught in secondary school, hard wood, soft tree, mahogany , iroko etc … I know they exist in Nigeria too but this is my first time of seeing most at a time like this in raw state smiley smiley .. they have hotel inside mabira forest which is made exactly like HUT ..hand made I think ..

the next day we went to river nile where we encountered a lot of UN officials ..boat through the river Nile ..returned home and prepare for Rwanda the next day

i really appreciated uganda especially their people, made me really meditate about Nigeria, it was nigeria in the olden days, despite being poor they seem to be satisfied and don't really have big ambitions like some nigerians, i appreciated their ignorance and was moved by it..
one of the locals said ugandans don't really like to travel outside east africa, that they would rather use the money to set up business ..
ugandans are nice and warming people but IT'S THEIR GOVERNMENT FVCKING THEM UP ( sorry for the language ) I really didn't expected them to be that poor given the fact that they are at the center of most good east Africa countries like Kenya Rwanda Ethiopia maybe Tanzania etc

.. the only thing about east africa is the 24/7 electricity .. very tining road and old infrastructure, schools are below average too and it's hard to see someone who is fluent in foreign language .. and okada ( AKA boda boda in east africa ) is very very very common, infact them plenty die ..transportation is cheapest in uganda
ugandans are really happy citizen and don't really complain much unlike kenyans ... i can't remember all my experince ..but might add if i remember
we left Uganda

Which schools did you go to in Kenya because the way I know Africa, Only South Africa can boast of better schools than Kenya on mainland Sub-Saharan Africa. Namibia and Botswana too but they are too tiny to compete. Kenya also has very good roads by African standards.
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2019
NairobiWalker:

Which schools did you go to in Kenya because the way I know Africa, Only South Africa can boast of better schools than Kenya on mainland Sub-Saharan Africa. Namibia and Botswana too but they are too tiny to compete. Kenya also has very good roads by African standards.
Talking about Uganda here Of course Kenyan are educated with good standard of education
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 6:56pm On Apr 30, 2019
Rwanda is really nice and peaceful country everyone is nice both male and female
Everywhere is NEAT! Including the market!!!!!!!!!
There is a policeman at every zebra crossing maybe in Case you want to be unfortunate cheesy
80% of their ladies command good English even better than I do, I read that they were colonised twice.. British and Belgium I think, I'm not sure...

They don't eat salt and pepper too like the rest of the east Africa countries... There is really not much to say about Rwanda apart from it being peaceful and the tidiness...
Okada plenty there too

We met with someone who was coming from Tanzania and we both came into conclusion that Kenya is still the best overall in terms of economy and tourism.. But if you want to set up a business where there is little to no corruption Rwanda is your best bet... There are too many unnecessary bureaucracy in Kenya though when trying to set up a business compare to Rwanda..

At the end of the day I still want my Ibadan grin grin Thank you.. With my amala.. Maybe once I try other countries I will change my mind

9 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by NairobiWalker(m): 7:04pm On Apr 30, 2019
kakakii:

Talking about Uganda here Of course Kenyan are educated with good standard of education

I don't know what happened to Uganda. At one time it was the Oasis of good educational institutions in the region. Makerere University was everyone's dream back in the day. Too many coups ruined it for them.

1 Like

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by NairobiWalker(m): 7:06pm On Apr 30, 2019
kakakii:
Rwanda is really nice and peaceful country everyone is nice both male and female
Everywhere is NEAT! Including the market!!!!!!!!!
There is a policeman at every zebra crossing maybe invade you want to be unfortunate cheesy
80% of their ladies command good English even better than I do, I read that they were colonised twice.. British and Belgium I think, I'm not sure...

They don't eat salt and pepper too like the rest of the east Africa countries... There is really not much to say about Rwanda apart from it being peaceful and the tidiness...
Okada plenty there too

We met with someone who was coming from Tanzania and we both came into conclusion that Kenya is still the best overall in terms of economy and tourism.. But if you want to set up a business where there is little to no corruption Rwanda is your best bet... There are too many unnecessary bureaucracy in Kenya though when trying to set up a business compare to Rwanda..

At the end of the day I still want my Ibadan grin grin Thank you.. With my amala.. Maybe once I try other countries I will change my mind

You got yourself a Rwandese lady? Lots of cuties there. grin grin grin
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by babstope05: 7:16pm On Apr 30, 2019
Do I need to pay for hotel accommodation and flight before submitting my application for Kenya tourist visa?
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2019
NairobiWalker:

You got yourself a Rwandese lady? Lots of cuties there. grin grin grin
I told a beautiful lady of Rwanda she is beautiful and this girl was blushing cheesy cheesy As in literally covering her eyes.. Shame dey catch me for her self.. But I'm currently in love with my gf I can only tease girls now grin

We met her at the restaurant and told her she is turning my head, I later asked her to suggest food to eat for me, she suggested Irish potato and peas plus chicken.. It was nice but I couldn't finish it because no salt and pepper... She was dissapointed but I convinced her that I liked it just full smiley

Most of their girls are fit and only few are obese (infact I can't categorise the one I see as obese)
Could be the fact that the country is situated on a HILL.. So you exercise by force grin

That reminds me again
When we bribed the immigration in Kenya and we were about to part ways.. He said to us
"you Nigeria like to marry our girls, don't you dare try it and I mean it "

I SWEAR TO ALMIGHTY GOD he said this with straight face.. I was just smiling cheesy .. Very funny

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 7:30pm On Apr 30, 2019
babstope05:
Do I need to pay for hotel accommodation and flight before submitting my application for Kenya tourist visa?
Flight you must pay 100%
Hotel just booking no need to pay
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2019
When we were leaving Rwanda today towards the immigration I was listening to a song and dancing zanku as I was approaching the immigration guy.. When I reached his place he asked if I was listening to Davido, I told him it's wizkid ( I lied) .. He said "ooooh, what's the title? " I gave him one wizkid title and he smiled.. And asked if I enjoyed Rwanda.. We said yes..
And also asked if we visited the genocide memorial.. We lied again and said yes.. Seems important to him and I was dissapointed at that moment we didn't visit..

So I would implore you if you ever find yourself in Rwanda, visit the place..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by NairobiWalker(m): 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2019
kakakii:

I told a beautiful lady of Rwanda she is beautiful and this girl was blushing cheesy cheesy As in literally covering her eyes.. Shame dey catch me for her self.. But I'm currently in love with my gf I can only tease girls now grin

We met her at the restaurant and told her she is turning my head, I later asked her to suggest food to eat for me, she suggested Irish potato and peas plus chicken.. It was nice but I couldn't finish it because no salt and pepper... She was dissapointed but I convinced her that I liked it just full smiley

Most of their girls are fit and only few are obese (infact I can't categorise the one I see as obese)
Could be the fact that the country is situated on a HILL.. So you exercise by force grin

That reminds me again
When we bribed the immigration in Kenya and we were about to part ways.. He said to us

I SWEAR TO ALMIGHTY GOD he said this with straight face.. I was just smiling cheesy .. Very funny

How much salt do you guys it? I know pepper varies but salt? I have always been of the opinion that the people all over the world just put the same amount of salt in food.
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 8:00pm On Apr 30, 2019
NairobiWalker:

How much salt do you guys it? I know pepper varies but salt? I have always been of the opinion that the people all over the world just put the same amount of salt in food.
In their defense when it comes to salt.. Is either it's too much or it's not enough...

We later visited another restaurant where salt was too much in their chicken.. Same thing in Kenya and Uganda..

I was just talking about that particular scenario... But when it comes to pepper everyone is pretty much the same in east Africa
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by Divine200: 5:51am On May 01, 2019
NewBea:

I think its pretty common that if you're flying to a country with a transit inbetween, then your first flight from Nigeria to your country of transit will be wack. Then from country of transit to your destination it will be a cool jet.

That said,its not always the case. My experience with Ethiopian airlines was the opposite. Abuja to addis was a cool jumbo jet. But addis to Delhi was a small terrible jet with no entertainment. Same on our way back
I totally agree with you as regards Ethiopian airline. The plane I entered from Abuja to Addis Ababa was very clean and convenient. Good ventilation, entertainment was great as well.
I will give Ethiopian airline thumbs up for that.
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by deolivette: 9:49am On May 01, 2019
kakakii:

Uganda is the cheapest and the 3 of us didn't spend up to 60k in naira for the 3 days ( 2 night) in Uganda
We spent a lot in Kenya.. Guessing 200k in naira ( 5 days)
And about 100k naira in Rwanda.. (4 days)

Cooking also really helped us.. So I think 1000$ should be enough for both of you for a week...

God bless you

1 Like

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by ollykay619(m): 6:12pm On May 01, 2019
kakakii:

Flight for 3 of us is 1,098,000 return ticket Rwanda air
Everything else depends on your taste.. Since we are 3 things got cheaper as we. Split bill.... Guys guys method
Maybe I buy food stuff today.. Second guy sense will tell. Him it's time to. Buy.. And 3rd guy sense will tell. Him to pay for tour package.. Something like that..

But Kenya is like Nigeria
Uganda is dirt cheap. SIM car is like 50# internet is awful though I will still post overall expenses.. ( estimate)

Including hotel booking? Sorry, i don't know anything about traveling
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by kakakii: 7:59pm On May 01, 2019
ollykay619:

Including hotel booking? Sorry, i don't know anything about traveling
Just flight..
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by elgorethi: 1:52am On May 05, 2019
hahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy

oga it is not vegetation, it is land scaping...

Chai, ugwu don finish you

christejames:

Beautiful!

This looks like Nsukka with great vegetations

3 Likes

Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by elgorethi: 2:22am On May 05, 2019
bros, this one you keep saying Rwanda is boring, i strongly disagree with you oo..... i have been to Rwanda twice and i can tell you, i love every bit of it. Guess you need more to see. Let me know on your next vacation to Rwanda, i'll link you up with a guy there. You'll love Rwanda afterwards.

kakakii:
RWANDA IMMIGRATION

we got to Rwanda immigration and everything is beautiful again, the man asked us about our agenda and we told him, he checked our passport and started gisting with us, asking us about Nigeria and how he loves Nigeria if not for the 'thieves" he used thieves ...then my friend told him there is thieves everywhere, the immigration guy said NO in his word " I might be exaggerating but I don't think you will find any thief in Rwanda, it's highly unlikely and one of the safest country in the world, enjoy your stay bye, next please"

then we left the immigration and went to buy MTN sim card, registered and bought 4gb, their network in rwanda is crap.. it's exactly like Uganda
but once you reach a certain height the network is better just like in Nigeria .. we saw beautiful girls with nice hip at the airport ( ojigbi jigbi i'm not promiscuous just love to admire beautiful girls ) grin grin grin
mehn Rwanda is boring shocked shocked I kon appreciate Uganda ...
Re: TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience by elgorethi: 2:25am On May 05, 2019
you for don ask for their chillie. that one mad pass shombo

kakakii:

That reminds me again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Need Direction To Travel From Ladipo To Trade Fair / Photos Of Ibadan Airport / Third Mainland Bridge To Be Closed Throughout Saturday February 27

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.