Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,396 members, 7,954,575 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:10 PM

Hijab Propaganda - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Hijab Propaganda (4514 Views)

Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) / Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected / OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Propaganda by usermane(m): 7:31pm On May 12, 2019
Misinformation 7: Highest Level of Modesty & Morality is Muslim women's Headscarf

Speaker: Next time you see a Muslim woman following the example of Mary, observing the highest level of modesty and morality, dedicated to Allah, have nothing but respect for her.

The highest level of modesty and morality? You got to be kidding me. In the information age, how come do people like the speaker exist? There is nothing so modest in covering the hair.

Our fore-parents, the earliest homo sapiens, barely covered themselves with foliage or hides. And these coverings serve not for modesty, but for protection from harsh weather and environments. These folks who showered in open streams, couldn't obsess about women's hair, while they barely had enough to cover their skin.
Re: Hijab Propaganda by usermane(m): 7:33pm On May 12, 2019
On Google Images, look up indigenous tribes like Jarawa or Himba and several others living far from civilization, and see how much skin they bare. Yet they live in harmony. Their men don't roam about with erection, 'fapping', or harrassing the women who are without blouses or headscarves, or having orgies all day.

Modesty is an human construct. If there were anything so immodest about women not wearing headscarf or covering from head to toe, then God would have provided homo-sapiens clothes, ideal clothes, from genesis.
Re: Hijab Propaganda by usermane(m): 7:33pm On May 12, 2019
Love, respect, mercy, honesty, humility, generosity; these are the zenith of modesty and morality, worthy of respect. Not merely wearing a headscarf as a Muslim woman. Even Mary did not just wear an headscarf, there is a lot to her character than 'modest' dressing.
Re: Hijab Propaganda by usermane(m): 7:35pm On May 12, 2019
Misinformation 8: Muslim women wearing the headscarf are doing a respectable job

Speaker: With modest lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, like Mary, mother of Jesus, and not imitating the Kardashians, Beyonce, Miley Cyprus and the rest of the let it all out freak show. Especially with the hot weather, societal pressure, sexualization of women, making them feel unworthy or making them feel ugly if they do not go about half naked

I guess simple men too deserve some respect. As they don't go about imitating rappers or pop stars, flashing my abs and biceps, and donning the latest hair cut and ostentatious outfit for men.
Re: Hijab Propaganda by usermane(m): 7:35pm On May 12, 2019
Now, as for wearing the abaya in the hot weather, why would I respect women for that? I find it sometimes offensive that even at comfy room temperature needing no artificial ventilation, some of these women in the abaya are quick to turn the AC making the room cool for themselves, but inadvertently making it cold for others in normal outfit.

It is bad habit that deserves no respect. These women won't dress adequately for the weather. They'll wear the same black boring abaya or headscarf day after day and cannot even sit 5 minutes at 25 degrees Celsius, without fanning themselves or turning on the AC. But they'll rant and biker about how these clothing defines them and empower them.
Re: Hijab Propaganda by usermane(m): 7:36pm On May 12, 2019
Misinformation 9: Muslim women wearing headscarves reject slavery to fashion

Speaker: Turning themselves into slaves of fashion desire and a corrupt industry making them fake. Much respect to the women in hijab who respect themselves and most of all who love their creator more than any superficial fake thing. May God reward you all with Al Janah(Paradise).

Speaker continues his eulogy of women in headscarf and abaya. As already explained, there is no need for a dilemma. If you're a woman, you don't have to choose between the conservative Muslim headscarf/face veil/cloak, and the skimpy, tight outfit that the speaker and many Muslims can't get over. There is plenty of choices between the two extremes.
Re: Hijab Propaganda by usermane(m): 7:37pm On May 12, 2019
Speaker: Turning themselves into slaves of fashion desire and a corrupt industry making them fake. Much respect to the women in hijab who respect themselves and most of all who love their creator more than any superficial fake thing. May God reward you all with Al Janah(Paradise).

Speaker continues his eulogy of women in headscarf and abaya. As already explained, there is no need for a dilemma. If you're a woman, you don't have to choose between the conservative Muslim headscarf/face veil/cloak, and the skimpy, tight outfit that the speaker and many Muslims can't get over. There is plenty of choices between the two extremes.
Re: Hijab Propaganda by usermane(m): 7:38pm On May 12, 2019
As to the Muslim women in headscarf he eulogizes and bless so passionately for not turning to slaves of fashion, this is ignorance. There are plenty of hijab fashion stars or models on YouTube & Instagram with huge followings.

There are Muslim women that never uncover their hair, but if you were to see how thoroughly they decorate themselves with foundation, powder, lipstick, eye-shadows, mascara etc, you'll left in utter shock.
Re: Hijab Propaganda by true2god: 11:06am On May 13, 2019
@ Empire, you can watch this video with an open mind. Both men are Muslims having a very honest discussion about Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gsXw7gzaAo
Re: Hijab Propaganda by true2god: 12:22pm On May 13, 2019
true2god:
@ Empire, you can watch this video with an open mind. Both men are Muslims having a very honest discussion about Islam.

Empire download and watch over and over again. Don't be dogmatic and arrogant; be sincere and open-minded.
Re: Hijab Propaganda by usermane(m): 2:54pm On May 13, 2019
true2god:

Always a pleasure to listen to Tarek Fatah. Imam Tawhidi is about the only Imam that openly admit there is a problem within Islamic texts. Two fine Muslim men discussing Muslim problems so honestly and openly is a rarity.
Re: Hijab Propaganda by true2god: 3:03pm On May 13, 2019
usermane:

Always a pleasure to listen to Tarek Fatah. Imam Tawhidi is about the only Imam that openly admit there is a problem within Islamic texts. Two fine Muslim men discussing Muslim problems so honestly and openly is a rarity.
I have seen many Muslims call them 'fake Muslims' because they opened their mind to critical reasoning and were not afraid to identify the flaws within Islam. If all religious people can be critical of their religion, do a self-appraisal of their belief, I think there won't be too much incident of religious intolerance and violence.
Re: Hijab Propaganda by Empiree: 4:08pm On May 13, 2019
I was honestly gonna watch this but the moment i read the dude's comment mentioning Imam Tawhidi, it is no no for me. Such fellow appeals to you obviously. Tawhidi has history and issues with Islam in itself which begs question of his true faith. When i said he has "issues with islam" means it very message. anything else he criticizes are subjective and sometimes irrelevant. Tawhidi is a one eyed and a cattle (7:179).

However, out of respect for posting this video, I will watch it objectively bcus i am never dogmatic. It is interesting when you see christian and Quranist embrace some losers who claimed to be Aalim, you better run bcus this is Read Flag

true2god:
If all religious people can be critical of their religion, do a self-appraisal of their belief, I think there won't be too much incident of religious intolerance and violence.
Have you ever been critical of your faith 1+1+1 = 1 and you want me to objectively watch this clip of yours bcus it suits your narrative?. We never told you islamic history was perfect. What is perfect is the message(Quran).

Now, let's watch the video

***modified***

after watching the entire video, i have to conclude this is a mixture of fallacy, deceit, half truth and giggling (irrational jokes about Islam bcus they are lambs as I said earlier). Therefore, these guys aren't on some real scholarship but apologetic of their own shadows. They aren't logical and not knowledgeable either. The are definitely not rational thinkers and are dogmatic. Dogmatism goes both ways. Thank God I am not disappointed. I thought they would both proved me wrong
Re: Hijab Propaganda by Empiree: 9:12pm On May 13, 2019
userm.ane:
Misinformation 7: Highest Level of Modesty & Morality is Muslim women's Headscarf

The highest level of modesty and morality? You got to be kidding me. In the information age, how come do people like the speaker exist? There is nothing so modest in covering the hair.

Our fore-parents, the earliest homo sapiens, barely covered themselves with foliage or hides. And these coverings serve not for modesty, but for protection from harsh weather and environments. These folks who showered in open streams, couldn't obsess about women's hair, while they barely had enough to cover their skin.
Did your foreparents know any better?. What if they knew it was bad but went ahead until it became their norm?. Their must have been some sort of pervert revolution that led to their unclothedness at that time that descended to their generations.

Just like we are witnessing now where they are promoting unclothedness through music and movie industries. It is now seen as normal to walk around in bikini.

Reason foreparents must be wrong was that even though Adam & Eve were at some point naked, God clothed them (whatever it was they used to cover themselves). We read in Genesis 3:21

"The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them".

1 Like

Re: Hijab Propaganda by Empiree: 9:21pm On May 13, 2019
user.mane:
Now, as for wearing the abaya in the hot weather, why would I respect women for that? I find it sometimes offensive that even at comfy room temperature needing no artificial ventilation, some of these women in the abaya are quick to turn the AC making the room cool for themselves, but inadvertently making it cold for others in normal outfit.

It is bad habit that deserves no respect. These women won't dress adequately for the weather. They'll wear the same black boring abaya or headscarf day after day and cannot even sit 5 minutes at 25 degrees Celsius, without fanning themselves or turning on the AC. But they'll rant and biker about how these clothing defines them and empower them.
Would you complain so bad about bikini just as much as you did abaya?. My friend, it is clothing. You are advocating for unclothedness by making up excuses. Get over it. We know it doesn't have to be abaya. Every culture has some sort of clothing styles that define them. For instance in Yorubaland women wear Iro and Buba and still wear hijab or scarf and still be modest.

Would you condemn them for wearing Iro and Buba or you simply criticized abaya because it is identified with Muslims?. Get over it my friend. Your hatred for Islam is very irrational. This is Iro and Buba (top pictured) below meets Islamic standard model of dressing.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Propaganda by Empiree: 10:35pm On May 13, 2019
user.mane:
Love, respect, mercy, honesty, humility, generosity; these are the zenith of modesty and morality, worthy of respect. Not merely wearing a headscarf as a Muslim woman. Even Mary did not just wear an headscarf, there is a lot to her character than 'modest' dressing.
it is true that wearing hijab and proper clothing modestly is not all about modesty. But hijab and proper clothing are considered physical character of modest women. But such women must understand why she covered. Not for beauty contest or some sort of show off but in compliance with Sharia (submission). So when the author you cited talked about modesty relating to hijab and abaya with respect to Islam, it is telling us about public moral law.

Even if Niqab is not mandatory, whether it is culture or not, if a Muslim woman wishes to wear it, you have no right to talk trash about it. Doing so is tantamount to infringement of their right. There is nothing wrong if Nigerian muslim women chose to wear abaya and Niqab to resemble Arab. There is nothing wrong with copying good things from other cultures. This is what Qur'an refers to as "We have created you in different pairs, different languages and colors that you may know one another"

At least muslim women around the world adopted modest dress code by employing abaya styles. In the same Nigeria and many countries you have non-muslims especially CHRISTIANs who supposed to follow Mary as their role model, copied worst from Western dress code called "bikini", skimpies etc. You can see that in their so called Nollywood where they promote nastiness in the name of westernisation. This is what they copied and this is what you want indirectly. Compare Abaya (arabic style) and Iro and buba(Yoruba style), both corroborate same essence. But Abaya is more comfortable bcus it is only one piece of gown (minus headgear or hijab) compared to Yoruba. You have at least 2 pieces(minus headgear or hijab).

This is why you see Nigeria women would prefer Abaya. You however want muslim women to go naked. This is what you are saying indirectly. Take your fake "tafsir" to the garbage bin.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Propaganda by najib632(m): 1:12am On May 14, 2019
Empiree:
Would you complain so bad about bikini just as much as you did abaya?. My friend, it is clothing. You are advocating for unclothedness by making up excuses. Get over it. We know it doesn't have to be abaya. Every culture has some sort of clothing styles that define them. For instance in Yorubaland women wear Iro and Buba and still wear hijab or scarf and still be modest.

Would you condemn them for wearing Iro and Buba or you simply criticized abaya because it is identified with Muslims?. Get over it my friend. Your hatred for Islam is very irrational. This Iro and Buba pictured below meets Islamic standard.
This guy is a munafiq and a Jaheel, I suggest he should not be considered as a Muslim. A Muslim submits to the will of Allah, but this guy wants Allah to be how he wills. He doesn't even love the messenger of Allah, his allies on this platform are the Atheists and agnostics. Someone who describes Islamic knowledge as "over glorified". Hence he is truly a deviant and you should stop disturbing yourself with him.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Propaganda by Alhajiemeritus: 5:43am On May 14, 2019
Empiree:

Would you condemn them for wearing Iro and Buba or you simply criticized abaya because it is identified with Muslims?. Get over it my friend. Your hatred for Islam is very irrational. This is Iro and Buba (top pictured) below meets Islamic standard model of dressing.
I remember I once told you that this user.......mane guy is not a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Propaganda by Empiree: 9:14am On May 14, 2019
Alhajiemeritus:
I remember I once told you that this user.......mane guy is not a Muslim.
i honestly refrained from saying he is not muslim. I gave him plenty of time to retract his steps but it seems he is irredeemable. He insisted he is muslim but not our type of muslims according to him. He claims to defend Quran alone but he is doing a great disservice to Quran. It is been 5yrs i know him now but he is worst than never before..

He is truly unbridled ignorant. I respond to his posts sometimes bcus he wants to lead people astray.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Propaganda by usermane(m): 6:24pm On May 14, 2019
true2god:
I have seen many Muslims call them 'fake Muslims' because they opened their mind to critical reasoning and were not afraid to identify the flaws within Islam. If all religious people can be critical of their religion, do a self-appraisal of their belief, I think there won't be too much incident of religious intolerance and violence.

Fake Muslim? Why am I not surprised? No true Scotsman fallacy.

I guess this is another reason to shift the discourse from religious identities to religious ideas.
Re: Hijab Propaganda by Empiree: 4:39am On May 15, 2019
Let's talk about "child marriage" grin cheesy

Re: Hijab Propaganda by Empiree: 4:40am On May 15, 2019

Re: Hijab Propaganda by true2god: 8:33am On May 15, 2019
Re: Hijab Propaganda by Empiree: 9:18am On May 15, 2019
true2god:
What does this justify?
It justifies that you guys should keep your mouth SHUT if some muslims do the same. Don't you think your question reeks hypocrisy?.
Re: Hijab Propaganda by true2god: 11:15am On May 15, 2019
Empiree:
It justifies that you guys should keep your mouth SHUT if some muslims do the same. Don't you think your question reeks hypocrisy?.
Take it easy bro. You seem to be moving towards religious extremism.
Re: Hijab Propaganda by Empiree: 12:25pm On May 15, 2019
true2god:
Take it easy bro. You seem to be moving towards religious extremism.
oh now that my opinion doesn't suits you, you retorted to extremism?.

I simply posted the article to show how hypocritical you guys are. If this article was about a mallam married to a child in northern part of Nigeria, I am 1000% sure you would not sound like this. You would be extremely crazy and started blaming muhammad.

Now that reverse is the case you expect me to treat this with kiddie gloves?.

Yes, I sound harsh towards some CHRISTIANs these days bcuz I have realized that they are extremely insane.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Propaganda by true2god: 3:18pm On May 15, 2019
Empiree:

I simply posted the article to show how hypocritical you guys are. If this article was about a mallam married to a child in northern part of Nigeria, I am 1000% sure you would not sound like this. You would be extremely crazy and started blaming muhammad.

Yes, I sound harsh towards some CHRISTIANs these days bcuz I have realized that they are extremely insane.
Take it easy bro!
Re: Hijab Propaganda by aadoiza: 6:19pm On May 15, 2019
Empiree:

I admire you so much, Empiree. Especially your stick-to-itveness to continually propagating the Deen in the ugly face of hypocrisy and wanton buffoonery spawned by the arrogance and misguidedness of this lot.

As the classic saying goes: Mo gba fun e.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Propaganda by usermane(m): 8:06pm On May 15, 2019
How toxic can modesty culture get?

Rotherham Grooming Gangs:
“Muslim girls are good and pure because they dress modestly, covering down to their ankles and wrists, and covering their crotch area. They stay virgins until marriage. They are our girls.

"White girls and non-Muslim girls are bad because you dress like slags. You show the curves of your bodies (showing the gap between your thighs means you’re asking for it) and therefore you’re immoral. White girls sleep with hundreds of men. You are the other girls. You are worthless and you deserve to be gang-raped.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/rotherham-grooming-gang-sexual-abuse-muslim-islamist-racism-white-girls-religious-extremism-a8261831.html
Re: Hijab Propaganda by usermane(m): 8:11pm On May 15, 2019
I'm very sure that some Christians must have shared the above quote of the Rotherham gang on Whatsapp, like Muslims shared the above ignorant video and forwarded it to me on Whatsapp. And can you blame the Christians in that case? If I have daughters who don't wear the headscarf, I"ll be very wary of Muslim men that are all about hijab, modesty etc. They can be very toxic.
Re: Hijab Propaganda by najib632(m): 6:58am On May 16, 2019
usermane:
I'm very sure that some Christians must have shared the above quote of the Rotherham gang on Whatsapp, like Muslims shared the above ignorant video and forwarded it to me on Whatsapp. And can you blame the Christians in that case? If I have daughters who don't wear the headscarf, I"ll be very wary of Muslim men that are all about hijab, modesty etc. They can be very toxic.
Qur'anist why did your eyes not see this in the book of Allah?

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful”

[al-Noor 24:31]

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Ahzaab 33:59]

Which Qur'an are you reading?

If a girl who wears the hijab and misbehaves and another doesn't and doesn't misbehave both of them are sinners. The essence of hijab is to follow the verses above anyone who says otherwise is on his own.
Re: Hijab Propaganda by usermane(m): 8:06am On May 16, 2019
najib632:
Qur'anist why did your eyes not see this in the book of Allah?

“And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers or their brother’s sons, or their sister’s sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful”

[al-Noor 24:31]

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Ahzaab 33:59]

Which Qur'an are you reading?

I'm not here to discuss the Qur'anic position in headscarf. I've discussed it at length in 2015 on my thread - Face-Veil: Why the ban?

See my take on the verses; https://www.nairaland.com/2209087/face-veil-why-ban#31878335

If a girl who wears the hijab and misbehaves and another doesn't and doesn't misbehave both of them are sinners. The essence of hijab is to follow the verses above anyone who says otherwise is on his own.

Believe me, if this were where it ended, I probably won't be on this thread. We all know, that apart from 'sinner', there are all other kinds of derogatory views in parts of the Muslim world about women who don't wear hijab.

You can see the above quote I posted from the sex grooming gang in UK about women without hijab. That kind of toxic mentality is the product of hijab culture. When you state like the speaker that 'hijab is where women find their value, dignity & honor', it build a toxic mentality towards women.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rulings And Etiquettes Of Eid-ul-adha / What Are Muslims Scared Of? / For Muslims: Contradictions In The Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.